PDA

View Full Version : It's already over

Findog
05-01-2007, 10:57 AM
I wouldn't say we're worried, but our backs are against the wall," Dirk Nowitzki said Saturday. "If we lose [Game Four], this season is pretty much over."

Here is what the San Antonio Spurs said when facing a 3-1 deficit to the Mavericks:

"It's not a situation where we're getting blown out and getting our hats handed to us," forward Bruce Bowen said. "It's the small things. If we do the small things we're going to be successful. ... We're right there. I feel like we're on the cusp of doing great things."

"We have to keep pushing," Robert Horry said. "The good thing is we're going home."

"We're still breathing," Finley said. "We have the opportunity to go back to San Antonio. I hope we're fortunate enough to make the trip back here."

Warriors in 6 if they don't close out tonight.

dmac
05-01-2007, 11:06 AM
Here is what the San Antonio Spurs said when facing a 3-1 deficit to the Mavericks:

Warriors in 6 if they don't close out tonight.
throwing in the towell?

degenerate_gambler
05-01-2007, 11:10 AM
damn you guys are amazing..

Findog
05-01-2007, 11:16 AM
damn you guys are amazing..

You think the Mavs are going to pull this out? Because if you do, that's the only way to justify your sneering attitude.

Dirk Nowitzki
05-01-2007, 11:22 AM
You think the Mavs are going to pull this out? Because if you do, that's the only way to justify your sneering attitude.

The Mavs are NOT losing this series to Golden State! QUOTE ME ON THIS! No fucking way it is happening. We are just frusterated because we have totally gone away from our game. We need to suck it up and play Mavs ball. If we do that, Golden State should just conceed cuz they wont get another win in this series. I am calm as can be because these guys are just being tested. We will fucking prevail. Have faith man because one way or another, this Mavs team isnt going fishing anytime soon. My sig says it all!!!!! :clap :clap :clap

AMAREownsALL
05-01-2007, 11:32 AM
The Mavs are NOT losing this series to Golden State! QUOTE ME ON THIS! No fucking way it is happening. We are just frusterated because we have totally gone away from our game. We need to suck it up and play Mavs ball. If we do that, Golden State should just conceed cuz they wont get another win in this series. I am calm as can be because these guys are just being tested. We will fucking prevail. Have faith man because one way or another, this Mavs team isnt going fishing anytime soon. My sig says it all!!!!! :clap :clap :clap

Then how the hell did they win 67 games this year? You can't go away from your game if your that good. The mavs are a good team. They didn't win 67 games for nothing. You're already admitting them winning 67 games this year was based on luck and a fluke.

td4mvp3
05-01-2007, 11:34 AM
wasn't mavs b-ball what they were playing all year when the warriors swept them? granted, there's some hope what with the suns getting out of 3-1 over the lakers and the spurs coming back last year, but in both cases, the team that was down initially had actually won a game, split the reg. season series or actually won the reg. season series.

mardigan
05-01-2007, 11:36 AM
The Mavs are shook up. The Warriors are in their heads. I still think the Mavs will win the series, but only because of my respect for the Mavs. If I was a fan that didnt know about basketball or regulor season greatness and I watched this series, I wouldnt think the Mavs had a shot in hell

pad300
05-01-2007, 02:45 PM

You know, if somebody just bet against your guarantee every time, they would make a lot of money. You think you can put these out earlier, so's I can get down to my bookie? :p:

degenerate_gambler
05-01-2007, 03:34 PM

It wouldn't surprise me if dallas did come back but that's not the point.

Being pissed off at what's happened so far, I understand. But saying the series over when you have the best home record AND the best road record in the league...that's just stupid.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-01-2007, 03:42 PM
I'm sure a lot of Spurs fans felt the same way the Mavs fans feel right now when they were down 1-3

Trainwreck2100
05-01-2007, 03:57 PM
I'm sure a lot of Spurs fans felt the same way the Mavs fans feel right now when they were down 1-3

I didn't, I knew the Spurs weren't gonna go out like that.

MadDog73
05-01-2007, 04:23 PM
Uh, the Spurs still lost... :wtf

What exactly is the point of this thread? Keeping a positive attitude will net you a few more close games before you are defeated?

mavsfan1000
05-01-2007, 04:29 PM
I can't believe how mentally weak this mavs team is. I saw that 4th quarter and fuck them. Harris is a dumbass for throwing an impossible pass to Terry when Howard was wide open. Just a bunch of meltdown crap that I'm sick of. Maybe the home crowd will help for tonights game but I believe game 6 will be the end of the season for the mavs. Dirk and Stackhouse throwing up crap that allowed Golden State to speed up the game again.

Extra Stout
05-01-2007, 04:36 PM
I am not going to believe that a 67-15 team with no major injuries is going down to a #8 seed until the clock reads zero on their fourth loss.

If the Mavs do somehow get eliminated, it will be the most spineless, gutless loss in NBA history. There is no physical reason for it. They are vastly superior to Golden State.

monosylab1k
05-01-2007, 04:42 PM
If the Mavs do somehow get eliminated, it will be the most spineless, gutless loss in NBA history. There is no physical reason for it. They are vastly superior to Golden State.

absolutely right on all of that.

Trainwreck2100
05-01-2007, 04:43 PM
See you in 45 days Mono

mavsfan1000
05-01-2007, 04:44 PM
I am not going to believe that a 67-15 team with no major injuries is going down to a #8 seed until the clock reads zero on their fourth loss.

Forget the records. Have you been watching this series? Dallas loves to shoot 3's and has no post game. Golden State loves teams that shoots perimeter shots and refuses to go to the paint. The result is a monumental upset. Add to that is that the mavs are mentally weak. They don't play smart. Stackhouse is a perfect example of what not to do against Golden State. Seeing him jack up shots which lead to fast break points on the other side makes me sick. Dallas needs some bulky inside players to get some easy points while being quick enough to guard the perimeter. No one on this team does that.

monosylab1k
05-01-2007, 04:45 PM
See you in 45 days Mono

it was fun while it lasted. but i shall return.

resistanze
05-01-2007, 04:57 PM

I tend to agree with this. I just can't see the Mavericks losing this; I can't help but feel that Dallas will get their shit together tonight and spank GS, giving them the momentum for the rest of the series.

Logically though, I don't think there's a reason to believe this from looking at this series. Dallas has been in a persistent vegetative state the whole series and they don't look like waking up.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-01-2007, 05:01 PM
Uh, the Spurs still lost... :wtf

What exactly is the point of this thread? Keeping a positive attitude will net you a few more close games before you are defeated?
I think it has more to do with not going out like a sucker and how at least the Spurs gave themselves a chance to take the series back from 1-3 deficit.

Point is, they didn't feel sorry for themselves, like Dirk has been feeling. Spurs went down swinging...even if a foul was a result of one of their left hooks.

Now so far in the series, it remains to be seen--as far as encouragement from your players' faces goes. For tonight's game, we'll see if the Mavs really want it more, or go through the motions of what's expected of them.

MadDog73
05-01-2007, 05:11 PM
I guess the suggestion is that Dallas isn't playing to win... and I dispute that suggestion.

Dallas played a Hell of a game. Yeah, there were bad plays (what games doesn't have those?) Yes, Dirk is not taking it to the hoop.

The question is: How much of it is Dallas, and how much of it is Golden State?

Is GS winning, or is Dallas losing? I guess we'll find out tonight!

Findog
05-01-2007, 07:07 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if dallas did come back but that's not the point.

Being pissed off at what's happened so far, I understand. But saying the series over when you have the best home record AND the best road record in the league...that's just stupid.

The Spurs never stopped fighting, and the reason I posted this thread is the difference in the attitude between the Spurs and Dirk. Dirk all but came out and said this series would be over if the Mavs went down 3-1. He said this BEFORE it even happened. Bowen, Horry and Finley weren't conceding a goddamn thing after falling down 3-1.

ElNono
05-01-2007, 07:17 PM
Dirk after game 4:

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/nab-crying.jpg

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-01-2007, 08:39 PM

Well, I have been waiting for Avery and Cuban to cry about the refs and Jason Terry to cheap shot someone in the family jewels. Is that what you mean by Mavs basketball?

jbspurs
05-02-2007, 12:58 AM

FINGERS CROSS TILL THURSDAY!! :lol

monosylab1k
05-02-2007, 03:57 PM
hopefully dirk has awakened. i still don't see the Mavs winning game 6. at least they didn't choke it away in front of the home crowd.

and even a game 6 win doesn't give me much hope...pressure and "favorite" status will be right back on the Mavs, and they don't respond well to either of those things.

bulletedge
05-02-2007, 04:15 PM
hopefully dirk has awakened. i still don't see the Mavs winning game 6. at least they didn't choke it away in front of the home crowd.

and even a game 6 win doesn't give me much hope...pressure and "favorite" status will be right back on the Mavs, and they don't respond well to either of those things.

I gotta' agree with you - I doubt seriously that the Mavs will win tomorrow night.

In my opinion they lost this series a couple of weeks ago when they sat Dirk & Josh in their last regular season game with GS. I took it to mean that Avery didn't want to lose to GS out there and reinforce in his players' minds that they cannot beat GS. So, he capitulated.

Man, did THAT backfire on him!

ElNono
05-02-2007, 04:19 PM
I find it funny that Avery would pull the 'Pressure Is On Them' card.
Right, pressure is on Golden State, who are just happy to be in the playoffs, and if they don't win any more games, still can claim it was a good experience for them.
Pressure it not on Dallas, the number 1 seed playing the number 8 seed, who choked the NBA finals last year, had the best regular season record, holds the league MVP, had home court advantage, and it's actually playing an elimination game...

AJ needs a reality check...

DubMcDub
05-02-2007, 04:33 PM
Right, pressure is on Golden State, who are just happy to be in the playoffs, and if they don't win any more games, still can claim it was a good experience for them.
Pressure it not on Dallas, the number 1 seed playing the number 8 seed, who choked the NBA finals last year, had the best regular season record, holds the league MVP, had home court advantage, and it's actually playing an elimination game...

You're really not that bright, are you?

mardigan
05-02-2007, 04:35 PM
Why is that? The Mavs still have all the pressure on them

DarrinS
05-02-2007, 04:40 PM

Head games. What is he supposed to say, "I hope we don't choke again."?

MadDog73
05-02-2007, 04:40 PM
This has been discussed. AJ's playing a mind game... and losing.

I don't think even he believes that.... who looks more stressed on the sideline, AJ or Don Nelson?

mardigan
05-02-2007, 04:41 PM
This has been discussed. AJ's playing a mind game... and losing.

I don't think even he believes that.... who looks more stressed on the sideline, AJ or Don Nelson?
Nellie just looks drunk

Islymore
05-02-2007, 04:43 PM
Nellie just looks drunk

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA... Nellie is always drunk!

monosylab1k
05-02-2007, 04:43 PM
Nellie just looks drunk

he probably is.

the two teams are reflections of their coaches.

One is loose, having fun, enjoying a beer, and letting his players do what they do best.

The other is nervous, uptight, and praying for miracles.

ElNono
05-02-2007, 04:45 PM

Bold some of my post, and ask me if I'm bright... What gives?
If you disagree with my post, please at least take the time to write something coherent, so we can discuss it.

ElNono
05-02-2007, 04:47 PM
Head games. What is he supposed to say, "I hope we don't choke again."?

Only Dirk says stuff like that.

MadDog73
05-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Only Dirk says stuff like that.

:elephant