PDA

View Full Version : will all hell break loose tonight on spurstalk

Fillmoe
05-01-2007, 12:15 PM
if the mavs lose?

Islymore
05-01-2007, 12:17 PM
why would hell break lose? you see how many Mavfans have disappeared? most of the ones I've seen still around are pretty sensible fans...

jman3000
05-01-2007, 12:18 PM
im predicting that if the mavs lose tonight... the game blog will have so many posts that H.A.L. will have to split it.

and that's some shit for such a short period of time.

(maybe not because some of the main posters will be at a gtg)

SAtown
05-01-2007, 12:18 PM
Hell will break loose either way. Mavs win, Mavfan/troll will make noise for the next couple of days. Warriors win, nonMavfan will join together for a good fuckin laugh, for a long fuckin time.

Fillmoe
05-01-2007, 12:19 PM
i think most of the mavs fans that post here have already committed suicide.......

nkdlunch
05-01-2007, 12:19 PM
no. hell would break lose if Spurs lose 3 in a row to Denver

Findog
05-01-2007, 12:23 PM
I'm still alive. Not encouraged or optimistic, but I'll survive this.

picnroll
05-01-2007, 12:24 PM
I'm predicting SpursDynasty starts a minimum of 10 annoying new threads. No prediction on a maximum.

mardigan
05-01-2007, 12:30 PM
I'm predicting SpursDynasty starts a minimum of 10 annoying new threads. No prediction on a maximum.
Can we get a vbookie on that?

lurker
05-01-2007, 12:30 PM
I think the Spurs fans will be more dramatic if the Mavs win than us Mavs fans will be if they lose.

easjer
05-01-2007, 12:35 PM
I would hope not. Spurs still have not won their series and I hope they don't fucked by bad karma created if the Mavs win or lose.

But if you don't believe in that shit, you'd probably have something to say either win or lose.

LEONARD
05-01-2007, 12:46 PM
LOL...nope...

If they lose tonight, I'll just laugh...that's just how ridiculous this series has been...LAUGHABLE

angel_luv
05-01-2007, 12:48 PM
I would like to see what happens if the Mavs lose tonight. :)

Go Warriors.

Security, man all exercise bikes. :)

Cry Havoc
05-01-2007, 12:54 PM
I would hope not. Spurs still have not won their series and I hope they don't fucked by bad karma created if the Mavs win or lose.

But if you don't believe in that shit, you'd probably have something to say either win or lose.

Screw that. I've had to hear all season long from two groups how unbeatable the Mavs were. Mavs fans? Fine, no problem, cheer your team on and think you're invincible. 67 wins would do that for a lot of Spurs fans too. But the experts? The people paid to do nothing but cover sports? They compared this Mavs team to the G.o.a.T., and that's really, really ludicrous. It angers me. It pissed me off when they did it last year to the Pistons, and they didn't make the Finals. Seems like it might be in line to happen again, in slightly more shocking fashion.

I'm sick to death about hearing how Dirk is a mismatch for anyone in the league, how the Mavs are unguardable, how the Mavs (and Suns :lmao) are nearly as good on defense as the Spurs, how their offense makes them clearly the better team.

The hype gets so freaking old. At least Bird's Celtics and Jordan's Bulls legitimized the hype, but even then it was bad. Calling a team a contender for the all-time greats before the All-Star break (some Mavs fans were doing it to) is beyond ignorant.

It's all coming back on the Mavs now, and even if they pull out of this series, they are in trouble. And they deserve it for riding the hype wave from last year and not stepping up when they had to. A champion -never- goes out like this.

Yeah, I'm definitely going to be kicking back and watching tonight's game with a lot of amusement. I think the Mavs take Game 5, but they don't get past GS in The Oracle.

johnut32
05-01-2007, 01:01 PM
It's funny, I never thought the Mavs got enough credit for their regular season which was a good thing. Both from the local media and nationally. Maybe that was because most people realized they aren't quite as good as their record. However, I think this sample pool (Spurstalk) is a little biased given the close proximity of the teams in terms of geography and ability. Combined with how last year ended then you can see how Spurs fans are enjoying every bit of this.

Thats ok though...the Mavs have been completely dominated unlike any other 1 seed before. Most of this is deserved.

SAtown
05-01-2007, 01:05 PM
It's funny, I never thought the Mavs got enough credit for their regular season which was a good thing. Both from the local media and nationally. Maybe that was because most people realized they aren't quite as good as their record.

I don't live in Dallas, so I don't know why the local media wouldn't hype them up as much as the national media did, which is where you're wrong. The entire season has been a hype leading up to the long-awaited Mavs-Suns WCF. Perhaps you didn't see the 2 Mavs-Suns games towards the end of the season on national TV?

Also, I don't know how long you've been around, but you might want to browse through some of the pages of threads in this (NBA) forum and see all the stupid shit people were saying in relation to the unbeatable Mavs.

Cry Havoc
05-01-2007, 01:13 PM
It's funny, I never thought the Mavs got enough credit for their regular season which was a good thing. Both from the local media and nationally. Maybe that was because most people realized they aren't quite as good as their record. However, I think this sample pool (Spurstalk) is a little biased given the close proximity of the teams in terms of geography and ability. Combined with how last year ended then you can see how Spurs fans are enjoying every bit of this.

Thats ok though...the Mavs have been completely dominated unlike any other 1 seed before. Most of this is deserved.

I distinctly remember the talking heads on ESPN speaking to the comparisons between the Mavs and the all-time greats, perhaps making a run at the 72 win season. :rolleyes

I'm not blaming ALL Mavs fans for that, but you have to know that a ton of your fanbase has embraced this team as nearly unbeatable or a dead-lock for the WCF because of the "easy" road the #1 seed purportedly provides.

johnut32
05-01-2007, 01:15 PM
SAtown,

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there have been some juvenile Mavs fans but I can also see how Mavs fans get defensive on this forum and say things they don't really mean.

I simply disagree with you about the national stage...First, in any other year Dirk would have been the unanimous MVP but that didn't happen. There has been something about this team that almost everyone hasn't trusted. Secondly, I neevr felt the Suns/Mavs games were hyped that much...Somebody had to be on national tv on a Sunday with no football. Of course the teams with the two best records in the NBA would get first billing. That doesn't mean there was a level of anticipation that rivaled Celtic/Lakers or Bulls/Knicks...maybe Bulls/Jazz.

Look, you could be right, this is a purely subjective argument. The only thing we know for sure is the Mavs are down 3-1 in the first round after a 67 win season. Maybe the resistance to Dirk for MVP was correct?

ElNono
05-01-2007, 01:16 PM
I distinctly remember the talking heads on ESPN speaking to the comparisons between the Mavs and the all-time greats, perhaps making a run at the 72 win season. :rolleyes

I'm not blaming ALL Mavs fans for that, but you have to know that a ton of your fanbase has embraced this team as nearly unbeatable or a dead-lock for the WCF because of the "easy" road the #1 seed purportedly provides.

BSPN is going to have to order 5 or 6 truckloads of crow if the Mavs lose tonight. They've been whacking off to a picture of Avery and Dirk throughout the season.

johnut32
05-01-2007, 01:28 PM

I'll concede the part about Mavs fans. Clearly, there were those of us who got too excited about this team.

Ref. ESPN. I'd direct you back to my point about the hype which surrounded the Mavs being somewhat "forced". Yes, folks were making very general comparisons to the Bulls however they had to. The Mavs were setting an incredible pace and to disregard the situation would have been somewhat silly. I never felt the comparisons were at all serious but rather an acknowledgment of the reality of the situation. For a time, the Mavs were on a pace to match the record.

JamStone
05-01-2007, 02:19 PM
Hell will not break loose, but Mark Cuban will be caught strangling Satan, asking what happened to their pact.

Cry Havoc
05-01-2007, 02:20 PM
I'll concede the part about Mavs fans. Clearly, there were those of us who got too excited about this team.

Ref. ESPN. I'd direct you back to my point about the hype which surrounded the Mavs being somewhat "forced". Yes, folks were making very general comparisons to the Bulls however they had to. The Mavs were setting an incredible pace and to disregard the situation would have been somewhat silly. I never felt the comparisons were at all serious but rather an acknowledgment of the reality of the situation. For a time, the Mavs were on a pace to match the record.

See: The Pistons last season. Every year some team gets hot in the reg. season and comparisons are made like that. With the Pistons it was at least semi-warranted after winning one title and going to Game 7 the next year. This comparison was baseless. The reality was that there were still 35+ games left in the season. No sport has EVER heralded a "greatest regular season team of all time".

johnut32
05-01-2007, 02:27 PM
I guess I'm not sure what your point is...I think folks will always make comparisons to great teams if they are on the same trajectory...I don't think that makes it a sticking point which should annoy you or that the talk is all that serious.

I look at it this way...you gotta talk about something.

Dirk Nowitzki
05-01-2007, 02:27 PM
Mavs wont lose another game this series. It just doesnt end here. I fucking feel it deep in my gut that our time is nowhere near up. We are going to get through this. I fucking know it! I believe in these sons of bitches so much. I am saying it again, THE MAVS WILL NOT ONLY WIN THIS SERIES BUT THEY WILL WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP! MARK MY FUCKING WORDS! :clap :clap

hater
05-01-2007, 02:52 PM
mavs will win it. Cuban + stern and the whole evil secret society will make sure of it. NBA is making $ on this series beleive or not. they will want to go back to GS and broadcast Jessica Alba's titties in game 6

mabber
05-01-2007, 02:59 PM
I would like to see what happens if the Mavs lose tonight. :)

Go Warriors.

Security, man all exercise bikes. :)

How many guys did you let nibble on your boobies at last night's GTG? Did you top the other night?

johnut32
05-01-2007, 02:59 PM
they will want to go back to GS and broadcast Jessica Alba's titties in game 6

I think there are a healthy amount of Spurs fans who would cheer for a Mavs victory if made aware of this prospect.

Cry Havoc
05-01-2007, 03:05 PM
I think there are a healthy amount of Spurs fans who would cheer for a Mavs victory if made aware of this prospect.

That, and the fact that I want to see The Oracle for a Game 6. If they were that pumped for #4, yikes, I can't imagine what it would be like for a potential series winner.

But Alba is a fantastic bonus, you're correct. As Spurs fans, we can't lose. We either see the Mavs knocked out in 5 or Alba and the insanity of GS in Game 6. :toast

florige
05-01-2007, 03:10 PM
if the mavs lose?

Screw your profile pic. You guys low-balled us (Ravens) and got Staley. He was supposed to be a Raven! :madrun

SpursWoman
05-01-2007, 03:23 PM
How many guys did you let nibble on your boobies at last night's GTG? Did you top the other night?

You've been around here long enough to know way, way better than that. :lol

Fillmoe
05-01-2007, 04:09 PM
Screw your profile pic. You guys low-balled us (Ravens) and got Staley. He was supposed to be a Raven! :madrun

get a better FO!