PDA

View Full Version : Am I imagining things or what ????

hanto03
05-01-2007, 02:17 PM
Am i just paranoid or imagining that the coverage on the SPURS is sub par to what the rest of these chest pounding, rim hanging teams get? i swear it seems like it to me. I mean when the SPURS are obviously in control of the game and even after the game, the pundits and guys calling the games talk only of the SPURS opponent and how close they were and how great they did and then almost apologeticly add that the SPURS won the game. Does anyone else notice this?

bigfish22
05-01-2007, 02:19 PM
Defense wins championships but doesn't always make Sportscenter

ATXSPUR
05-01-2007, 02:20 PM
championships > media blowjob

saporvida
05-01-2007, 02:21 PM
spurs never get the recognition they deserve.... they never have & probably never will even if they bag their 4th trophy in the last 8yrs. that's just how it's always been.

degenerate_gambler
Does anyone else notice this?

no.

on roadies i'm tuned into sean elliott and bill land.

oh mama!!!!

hater
you must not watch TNT. Charles and Kenny praised the SPurs for about 10 minutes straight.

also stein and a couple others praise them. hype them, they not. but so what. inthe end of the day, when ppl think best in the NBA, ppl think of the Spurs

Sec24Row7
TNT seems to respect the Spurs immensely... but they dont have to pump other teams because they have games every night of the week at the moment...

ABC can't afford to say one team is better because they only have 4 games a week at the moment and they have to make every one count...

Of course... ABC is just an embarrssment when it comes to Televised sports to begin with... so... what are you gonna do?

Extra Stout
05-01-2007, 02:22 PM
Am i just paranoid or imagining that the coverage on the SPURS is sub par to what the rest of these chest pounding, rim hanging teams get? i swear it seems like it to me. I mean when the SPURS are obviously in control of the game and even after the game, the pundits and guys calling the games talk only of the SPURS opponent and how close they were and how great they did and then almost apologeticly add that the SPURS won the game. Does anyone else notice this?
1) Everybody roots for the underdog.
2) The Spurs have been doing their thing forever, so there isn't as much to dissect.
3) You probably have San Antonio Inferiority Syndrome, which makes you hyper-sensitive.

J.T.
05-01-2007, 02:23 PM
In a game like Game 4, Denver really did play their asses off and were leading the game until the 4th quarter. They still had chances to win down the stretch too until Horry nailed the dagger. In a game like that, where the Nuggets could have easily tied the series and put pressure on the Spurs, it's not a surprise that the focus following the game is going to be what they did to lose the game, rather than what the Spurs did to win. The methodical 4th quarter comeback is no stranger to Spurs basketball. That we pulled another one out in the clutch isn't big news.

Rather you take a series like the 2005 WCF, and everyone was talking about how the Spurs were beating Phoenix at their own game and such. It just depends on how the game is played.

hanto03
05-01-2007, 02:24 PM
do you know hex as well?

DarrinS
05-01-2007, 02:26 PM
Charles Barkley is pretty much in love with Ginobili, so I don't know what you mean.

K-State Spur
05-01-2007, 02:31 PM
1st and 10 was discussing it from the perspective that the AI trade is not working out for Denver.

They barely touched on the idea that San Antonio is just flat out a better team than the nuggets, before & after the AI trade.

TampaDude
05-01-2007, 02:37 PM
you must not watch TNT. Charles and Kenny praised the SPurs for about 10 minutes straight.

also stein and a couple others praise them. hype them, they not. but so what. inthe end of the day, when ppl think best in the NBA, ppl think of the Spurs

WERD...Sir Charles was all up on SA's jock last night...

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-01-2007, 02:39 PM
You are imagining things. Tim is currently on the cover of ESPN the magazine, SI, Time, Newsweek, and Playgirl. Tony is the subject of a Ken Burns' documentary airing this week on PBS. Manu and Oberto are in talks to star in The Producers. Horry's name has been mentioned as a VP candidate on half a dozen presidential hopeful's tickets. Elson has signed a contract to star beside Kevin Bacon in "The Air Up There 2: Off to Nether-netherlands". And Beno is currently the subject of an article in Redbook. The Spurs are all over the media landscape!

SsKSpurs21
05-01-2007, 02:45 PM
when the spurs get praised they lose. when we fly under the radar unappreciated we win. let them blow us off... it makes us win.

hanto03
05-01-2007, 02:49 PM
okay. i guess it's just that i live in plano and have all these wav worshipers around. thanks for the support

TampaDude
05-01-2007, 02:50 PM
when the spurs get praised they lose. when we fly under the radar unappreciated we win. let them blow us off... it makes us win.

Like another champion said recently, "It's all about Ws and rings!" :king

G-Nob
05-01-2007, 02:53 PM
if championship basketball is boring basketball, then please keep boring me to death!

YoMamaIsCallin
05-01-2007, 02:58 PM
do you know hex as well?

Yes I have to know it to eat, because:

D0 BAD, F00D FADE

hanto03
05-01-2007, 03:09 PM
yeah me too

LM R14,R2,OBJECT_IX_CREATRO
SLDL R14,4
XR R1,R14
SLR R0,R0
D R0,=A(#HASH)

Jimcs50
05-01-2007, 03:12 PM
I do not pay attention to that sort of inane crap.

Who cares, the Spurs do not care, why should you?