The_Worlds_finest
05-01-2007, 03:37 PM
so far it looks that way but only time will tell

AnkleBreaker21
05-01-2007, 03:38 PM
he's no horry

TwoHandJam
05-01-2007, 03:42 PM
I've noticed that Oberto rises to the occasion more often than not in big games. He does seem to have a bit of "Horryitis" in him. Although to be fair, Oberto is no stranger to big games having played in some pretty big games with the Argentine team in international competition.

Marcus Bryant
Oberto is a heady guy who has played well in the postseason. A good guy to have on the bench. They are going to have to do something about the starting 5 fairly soon.

DarrinS
Jesus has game.

S_A_Longhorn
05-01-2007, 03:54 PM
Oberto has continued his level of play since the 2nd half of the season. He is only in his 2nd year, and most new Spurs take this long to really get going. True for Horry, Kerr, Barry, Finely (I think), and now Oberto.

Another "big props" to Pop and Buford for bringing him over. Scola may be here eventually, doing the same thing.

ArgSpursFan
05-01-2007, 07:22 PM
Man,I cant wait to see Scola wearing the Spurs uniform.Can you Imagine him playing the 4 spot while TD is playing the center pos.in a small ball kind of lineup????SWEET!!
BTW,Props to Fabri for showing up when it counts.

phxspurfan
05-01-2007, 07:51 PM
many people (myself included) predicted this a long time ago, when people were calling to bench him earlier in the season.

ducks
05-01-2007, 08:26 PM
oberta can not be just horry
he has not earned that right yet
he needs to get up for every spur game

exstatic
05-01-2007, 08:39 PM
Man,I cant wait to see Scola wearing the Spurs uniform.Can you Imagine him playing the 4 spot while TD is playing the center pos.in a small ball kind of lineup????SWEET!!
BTW,Props to Fabri for showing up when it counts.
If he ever signs, and if he ever plays, it will NOT be during a small ball lineup with Tim. If you have a C and a PF on the floor, it's not small ball.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-01-2007, 08:42 PM
oberta can not be just horry
he has not earned that right yet
he needs to get up for every spur game
I don't think anyone's saying he's going to do what Horry does.

Just that he steps up and elevates whatever game he has.

Chris
05-01-2007, 09:17 PM
Oberto knows what he's supposed to do for this team and does it well.

thispego
05-01-2007, 09:45 PM
he's been the same all year :wtf he's just getting more minutes now.

Samr
05-01-2007, 09:55 PM
If you want to be a long-time spur, you need to play EVERY game. You do not need to pick and choose at your discretion which games are important and which games are not. For a newcomer like Oberto, each and every game is the most important game. This is why I still do not like him..... yet.

ArgSpursFan
05-02-2007, 03:20 PM
If you want to be a long-time spur, you need to play EVERY game. You do not need to pick and choose at your discretion which games are important and which games are not. For a newcomer like Oberto, each and every game is the most important game. This is why I still do not like him..... yet.

Thats not true.Otherwise Horry wouldnt even last a year with a spurs uniform.

Samr
05-02-2007, 04:43 PM
[QUOTE]Thats not true.Otherwise Horry wouldnt even last a year with a spurs uniform.[QUOTE]

I'd say Horry has paid his dues elsewhere, wouldn't you?

Bruno
05-02-2007, 04:50 PM
I don't think Oberto sucks in meaningless regualr season games because he is lazy.

Oberto needs to be at 110% otherwise he is an athletic liability.
It seems that he hasn't enough energy to be at 110% for 100 games per year even if it's only 15 mpg.
Oberto has a lot of experience and is clever enough to give his extra effort for big games.

Obstructed_View
05-02-2007, 04:55 PM
I'll take a couple of guys who play with max effort to get their teammates going, even if it's only in the postseason. Would have been nice to have one of those guys in 2002 or 2004.

Pop should start Bonner, just for his energy and to completely fuck with George Karl's head.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-02-2007, 05:07 PM
IF the matchups are right Oberto does pretty well.

He's not athletic enough against certain teams, but his skills have always been solid. I agree, though, that it looks like his attention is there now that the playoffs have started.

boutons_
05-02-2007, 05:10 PM
I sure hope Matt gets some PT in preparton future years, but it looks like Pop already has his playoff rotation set.

ArgSpursFan
05-02-2007, 05:42 PM
[QUOTE]Thats not true.Otherwise Horry wouldnt even last a year with a spurs uniform.[QUOTE]

I'd say Horry has paid his dues elsewhere, wouldn't you?
Yes He did.but not on reg season games.He is a playoffs player.On every sport you have Reg season players who suck on playoffs games,and you also have players who donīt show up on the reg season,but Get bigger on playoffs games.I hope Fab is one of those playoffs type of players.Heīll never be a 20ppg 10rpg but He can easyly be a 10 ppg 6/7rpg guy for the playoffs.