PDA

View Full Version : Hate to say it but...

SoCalSpursFan
05-01-2007, 11:50 PM
Who won this game...the Mavs or David Stern...

Phantom calls? :wtf

Amuseddaysleeper
05-01-2007, 11:51 PM
the warriors lost this game

can't blame the refs here

golden state just stood around and completely stoped playing.

launching horrific 3's and pathetic jumpshots

they deserved to lose this game

simple as that

schadenfreude52
05-01-2007, 11:52 PM

simple as that

:tu

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-01-2007, 11:52 PM
word. But I don't think the Mavs beat them. Warriors beat themselves.

NorCal510
05-01-2007, 11:53 PM
jrich or sjax should not be holding the ball in the last 2 mins.

the only person should be bdavis, wait he got fouled out from a shitty bullshit call.

Holmes_Fans
05-01-2007, 11:53 PM
Launching 3s is all they can do.

sabar
05-01-2007, 11:55 PM
The no-calls on Dirk and Davis' foul out, if reversed, could have won it for GS despite their mistakes, but you know, GS shouldn't have gotten in that situation in the first place.

jmard5
05-01-2007, 11:55 PM

O really? Is that what the Warriors were doing the past games with Mavs? :rolleyes

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-01-2007, 11:58 PM
The no-calls on Dirk and Davis' foul out, if reversed, could have won it for GS despite their mistakes, but you know, GS shouldn't have gotten in that situation in the first place.
Too True. These are the losses that hurt. But it's the playoffs. It happens. Just get ready for the next day, nut up and close these guys out. GS just needs to play that extra good quarter and they can beat Dallas easy.

EastsBeasts
05-01-2007, 11:58 PM
No way Dallas beats Golden State in game 6.
Dallas got fucking lucky, wow they suck on defense.
Dallas plays great defense? Since when?
Laughing at Devin Harris pushing off defenders on his way to the hoop. ^^
But for real, Golden state let off the pedal and played like shit last 4 minutes of the game. Golden State gave the game away, how sad. Its all good because Warriors are gonna stick the dagger in game 6. I think its good that way, then their fans can witness the "Great Dallas team" make history on their court. :elephant

MavTalker
05-02-2007, 12:04 AM
Was Stern the reason the warriors missed 3 straight baskets while Dirk hits 2 3s and another Mavs scores? that was a 8 point run where was Stern?

Pulling out the Ref/Stern card is so 2001 its old and lame. Stern is a lying untrustworthy sneaky ENRON little rat bastard. But he did not win this game it was the 2007 NBA Champions, The Mighty Dallas Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa verrricks!

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/Misc/mavtalk.gif

THE SIXTH MAN
05-02-2007, 12:05 AM
Well at 3-2, why would they change it? :lol

SoCalSpursFan
05-02-2007, 12:06 AM

simple as that

point taken.

EastsBeasts
05-02-2007, 12:07 AM
But he did not win this game it was the 2007 NBA Champions, The Mighty Dallas Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa verrricks!

Your kidding right?
Hahah
:drunk

FromWayDowntown
05-02-2007, 12:08 AM
I thought the Warriors played a pretty bad first half and I think their inability to convert things from 2 feet and in during the early stages of the game came back to haunt them late. Those misses, plus their missed FT's early in the game and 10 first half turnovers made their hole very deep. They did a very good job of digging out of the hole, but they ran out of gas and didn't play with great poise late.

The officials didn't cost them this game.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-02-2007, 12:09 AM
Damn, now I have to wait for THursday !! oh well, I'll just have to watch tomorrow's games..I guess, they'll be ok.

lurker
05-02-2007, 12:11 AM
If Mavs fans blame refs for losses, they're called whiners who won't accept that they got outplayed.

But when the Mavs win, it's okay for other people to say they only won because of the refs? Holy double standard, Batman. :lol

MavTalker
05-02-2007, 12:12 AM
Your kidding right?
Hahah
:drunk

Ask the overweight nurse in the Emergency room when they are trying to figure out how to remove my boot from your tender ass If I am kidding

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/Misc/mavtalk-fire-1.gif

TampaDude
05-02-2007, 12:15 AM

simple as that

Yup...GS came back from down 20+ to take a nine-point lead, and then proceeded to jerk off for a few minutes instead of playing basketball, thereby GIVING the game to Dallas.

I KNOW the Mavs will win this series now. NOTHING that GS does will stop the Mavericks from winning the series...NOTHING. I KNOW THIS as surely as if it had already happened. The Mavs WILL win Game 6, and go back to Dallas for Game 7. Game 7 will be a BLOWOUT...the Mavericks will win by 25-30 points. I GUARANTEE IT!!!

EastsBeasts
05-02-2007, 12:18 AM
I KNOW THIS as surely as if it had already happened. The Mavs WILL win Game 6, and go back to Dallas for Game 7. Game 7 will be a BLOWOUT...the Mavericks will win by 25-30 points. from winning the series I GUARANTEE IT!!!

^^
Come back after game 6 please.
Did you jump on the Dallas bandwagon after your Heat got swept? Good for you.

Fillmoe
05-02-2007, 12:19 AM
http://gallery.upshizzle.com/albums/05.07/mavs%20ghost%20foul.gif

where was the foul on this play?

dav4463
05-02-2007, 12:19 AM
Yup...GS came back from down 20+ to take a nine-point lead, and then proceeded to jerk off for a few minutes instead of playing basketball, thereby GIVING the game to Dallas.

I KNOW the Mavs will win this series now. NOTHING that GS does will stop the Mavericks from winning the series...NOTHING. I KNOW THIS as surely as if it had already happened. The Mavs WILL win Game 6, and go back to Dallas for Game 7. Game 7 will be a BLOWOUT...the Mavericks will win by 25-30 points. I GUARANTEE IT!!!

whatever..........

Trainwreck2100
05-02-2007, 12:23 AM
As bullshit as that foul was, the Warriors wre not gonna come back even with Davis

TampaDude
05-02-2007, 12:36 AM
^^
Come back after game 6 please.
Did you jump on the Dallas bandwagon after your Heat got swept? Good for you.

I'm a Spurs fan, dude...reading is fundamental...oh, that's right, you're a Pissed-On's fan...never mind...

TampaDude
05-02-2007, 12:37 AM
whatever..........

SHHHH...you'll mess up the jinx!

TampaDude
05-02-2007, 12:37 AM
http://gallery.upshizzle.com/albums/05.07/mavs%20ghost%20foul.gif

where was the foul on this play?

In the referees' WWE script book.

sribb43
05-02-2007, 12:39 AM
that call didnt lose the warriors the game, there was less than 24 seconds left in the game which meant the shot clock was off and the mavs could run out the clock. so warriors would have fouled anyways and mavs would have shot 2 ft's

The_Worlds_finest
05-02-2007, 12:39 AM
This was the second game where the mavs just started dishing desperate threes...it worked this time but will it next?

DubMcDub
05-02-2007, 12:46 AM
But for real, Golden state let off the pedal and played like shit last 4 minutes of the game. Golden State gave the game away, how sad. Its all good because Warriors are gonna stick the dagger in game 6. I think its good that way, then their fans can witness the "Great Dallas team" make history on their court. :elephant

Just like Dallas in Game 4. And yet I doubt you were posting this nonsense about how Dallas "gave that game away and GS didnt earn it".

Good old bias.

trueD
05-02-2007, 12:55 AM
that call didnt lose the warriors the game, there was less than 24 seconds left in the game which meant the shot clock was off and the mavs could run out the clock. so warriors would have fouled anyways and mavs would have shot 2 ft's

Warriors were cherrypicking the ball all night long, why break tradition that late in the game? "STEAL THE BALL" was the battle cry from every fan (who is not a Mav fan) in America at that moment, I heard it! :lol

SAtown
05-02-2007, 01:06 AM
112-111, Dirk has ball down low, blocked, PHANTOM foul called. I'm not saying this alone cost GS the win (they f'ed it up themselves), but shit does Dirk get all the calls down the stretch or what?

HCA at its finest.

dieman8686
05-02-2007, 01:10 AM
Based on that foul by Davis(wasnt a foul, but sold it to the refs), I think the refs thought he went for a quick foul considering the game situation. I think the refs were trying to help them by giving them the foul with out running out the clock. At first thats what I saw too, i saw howard get the ball and saw davis quickly going after him( for an intentional foul) to get a foul to stop the clock.BUT, after they showed the replay I saw it wasn't a fould and Davis' reaction told me it wasnt an intentional foul. Dunno what you guys think, but thats what i thought and saw first, and I think the refs saw that too.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-02-2007, 05:57 AM
Based on that foul by Davis(wasnt a foul, but sold it to the refs), I think the refs thought he went for a quick foul considering the game situation. I think the refs were trying to help them by giving them the foul with out running out the clock. At first thats what I saw too, i saw howard get the ball and saw davis quickly going after him( for an intentional foul) to get a foul to stop the clock.BUT, after they showed the replay I saw it wasn't a fould and Davis' reaction told me it wasnt an intentional foul. Dunno what you guys think, but thats what i thought and saw first, and I think the refs saw that too.
I actually agree with that. Though I wasn't quite sure what the play was at the time, but yeah, I thought since it was 24, it was a questionable decision by Davis, rather than playing defense...but then his reaction proved otherwise and it wasn't their decision to do an intentional foul. And it wasn't a foul at all! but it could be assumed from whatever ref's angle. :drunk

Anyway, I'm going to bed. Winners have to just play through the refs, regardless.

ponky
05-02-2007, 06:17 AM
jrich or sjax should not be holding the ball in the last 2 mins.

the only person should be bdavis, wait he got fouled out from a shitty bullshit call.

:lmao tell your little bitches, including baron and his sidekick sjax, to stop whining and throwing glares all over the place as if they've done anything other than win a couple of games in the first round. while you're at it, you're lucky we don't break off baron davis' arm, i have never seen a guy clear space every single possession with his off arm as davis does, pushing off every other possession

ponky
05-02-2007, 06:20 AM
112-111, Dirk has ball down low, blocked, PHANTOM foul called. I'm not saying this alone cost GS the win (they f'ed it up themselves), but shit does Dirk get all the calls down the stretch or what?

HCA at its finest.

yes he does...you ought to be familiar with that, duncan gets the same...and dirk got the calls where? mostly whilst in the paint...stop whining, damn spur fan loves to whine about officiating

aaronstampler
05-02-2007, 06:25 AM
:lmao tell your little bitches, including baron and his sidekick sjax, to stop whining and throwing glares all over the place as if they've done anything other than win a couple of games in the first round. while you're at it, you're lucky we don't break off baron davis' arm, i have never seen a guy clear space every single possession with his off arm as davis does, pushing off every other possession

Nothing says "Mavs fan" to me more than a little girl acting tough and talking shit to an 8 seed that they were supposed to crush in five games and now will be lucky to outlast in seven. :lol :lol

This is how low you all have sunk, you're thrilled about not blowing a 21 point lead at home to a scrub midget team that the Spurs throttle on a routine basis and have the nerve to talk shit about it. :clap :clap

Bruno
05-02-2007, 06:27 AM
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/9465/dallaszebras8mz.jpg

Credits (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=990545#post990545)

Streakyshooter08
05-02-2007, 06:29 AM
To be honest. I think GS lost that game because they did not keep playing. After the Baron 3 they probably thought they had it in the bag. They were just standing around before taking bad shots with few seconds on the clock. They also did not get to the FT line at the end of the game. If they keep playing and score 1 or 2 baskets they win... The traveling by Jackson (it should have been a easy dunk) and the missed FTs also did not help...

ponky
05-02-2007, 06:29 AM
Nothing says "Mavs fan" to me more than a little girl acting tough and talking shit to an 8 seed that they were supposed to crush in five games and now will be lucky to outlast in seven. :lol :lol

This is how low you all have sunk, you're thrilled about not lot blowing a 21 point lead at home to a scrub midget team that the Spurs throttle on a routine basis and have the nerve to talk shit about it. :clap :clap

First off, more than likely, I'm a bit older than you and I've read some of your more puerile posts on your *blog* so please don't try to run your mouth just because you got some praise about a silly article in some S.A. rag. I haven't sunk anywhere considering that I drove six hours RT to see the game because I thought we would win. You wanna talk about sinking low? Look at all the Spurs fans obsessed with these Mavs games and all the posts/threads about the Mavs started every day by Spurs fans all season long. Yeah, I'm thrilled, a win is a win and you'd be thrilled too if your team was having some problems and finally won a decent game. Spurs are getting it done but it's not like they are playing great ball, you guys have lost some double digit leads as well and barely eked out wins so please, stfu.

dirk4mvp
05-02-2007, 06:37 AM
First off, more than likely, I'm a bit older than you and I've read some of your more puerile posts on your *blog* so please don't try to run your mouth just because you got some praise about a silly article in some S.A. rag. I haven't sunk anywhere considering that I drove six hours RT to see the game because I thought we would win. You wanna talk about sinking low? Look at all the Spurs fans obsessed with these Mavs games and all the posts/threads about the Mavs started every day by Spurs fans all season long. Yeah, I'm thrilled, a win is a win and you'd be thrilled too if your team was having some problems and finally won a decent game. Spurs are getting it done but it's not like they are playing great ball, you guys have lost some double digit leads as well and barely eked out wins so please, stfu.

:danceclub

naico
05-02-2007, 06:40 AM

WHAT A COMEBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :toast

samikeyp
05-02-2007, 06:41 AM
If Mavs fans blame refs for losses, they're called whiners who won't accept that they got outplayed.

But when the Mavs win, it's okay for other people to say they only won because of the refs? Holy double standard, Batman.

Much like when those Mavs fans called out the Spurs fans who were blaming the refs during the WCSF last year then those same Mavs fans were blaming the refs for losing in the Finals.

Apparently Double Standards go both ways?

johngateswhiteley
05-02-2007, 06:47 AM

typical little girl, irrational and emotional.

florige
05-02-2007, 06:48 AM

simple as that

MAvs got lucky.. The only thing that they may have now is that Schmuck Dirk may have finally awakened from his comatose state he's been in since the Finals. I hope GS closes this thing out at home tommorow. They should have last night, but they chose to shoot jumpers instead of driving to the rim.

ponky
05-02-2007, 06:50 AM
typical little girl, irrational and emotional.

typical little boy, squirting some to internet pics because he's too lame to get it for real

ElNono
05-02-2007, 06:55 AM
Yeah, I'm thrilled, a win is a win and you'd be thrilled too if your team was having some problems and finally won a decent game.

Won a decent game? You guys were up 21, at home, with a player that shouldn't been in the game, and still let the Warriors come back and take a 9 point lead late in the 4th.
You, just like every other Mavs fan were shitting on your pants, and punching holes through the wall when B Diddy hit that trey and took the lead to 9.
You guys just got lucky for a stretch there at the end. Those same treys Dirk was making last night, were the same he was air balling in game 4.
To think you can pull out a run like that whenever you want is fool's gold, and what got your team in the hole they're still on. Let's not forget that next Thursday is another elimination game... for Dallas.

naico
05-02-2007, 06:57 AM
typical little boy, squirting some to internet pics because he's too lame to get it for real

again, WHAT A COMEBACK!!

ponky
05-02-2007, 07:04 AM
Won a decent game? You guys were up 21, at home, with a player that shouldn't been in the game, and still let the Warriors come back and take a 9 point lead late in the 4th.
You, just like every other Mavs fan were shitting on your pants, and punching holes through the wall when B Diddy hit that trey and took the lead to 9.
You guys just got lucky for a stretch there at the end. Those same treys Dirk was making last night, were the same he was air balling in game 4.
To think you can pull out a run like that whenever you want is fool's gold, and what got your team in the hole they're still on. Let's not forget that next Thursday is another elimination game... for Dallas.

you realize in game two of the nuggets/spurs series the spurs had a 17 point lead and allowed the nuggets to close it to within 3 points with under a minute left in the game? in fact, unlike the mavs, the spurs actually had a 13 point lead with about 6 minutes left in the game and lost most of it. the only reason the three point differential ballooned was because the nuggets ran out of time and had to foul. pot meet kettle. anyway, i'm out for the night, just had to see if there were the same few spurs fans complaining about officiating, terry, etc.

ElNono
05-02-2007, 07:22 AM
you realize in game two of the nuggets/spurs series the spurs had a 17 point lead and allowed the nuggets to close it to within 3 points with under a minute left in the game? in fact, unlike the mavs, the spurs actually had a 13 point lead with about 6 minutes left in the game and lost most of it. the only reason the three point differential ballooned was because the nuggets ran out of time and had to foul. pot meet kettle. anyway, i'm out for the night, just had to see if there were the same few spurs fans complaining about officiating, terry, etc.

So that's a 10 point run by the Nuggets... A hot streak will do that to you.
But a 30 point turnaround? There's more to that than just being hot.
You realize that if you don't score 38 in the first quarter this would not only been Dallas last game, but you would have been blown out of your gym by 20+ points?
That's why I'm saying, watch out with the over confidence after being lucky there at the end. Fool's gold. This GS team knows how to stop the Mavs, and they can get on runs of their own.

LEONARD
05-02-2007, 09:12 AM
I knew there would be one of these threads too...

STFU

Unbelievable... :lol

Taco
05-02-2007, 09:13 AM
word. But I don't think the Mavs beat them. Warriors beat themselves.

Yep they stopped playing and tried to play SLOW DOWN game to try to take time off the Clock

hater
05-02-2007, 09:20 AM
Like I said yesterday, NBA will make money for showing Jessica Alba's hot ass in game 6.

Borosai
05-02-2007, 09:37 AM
The Davis foul on Harris was iffy...he was jumping away from Harris, and didn't appear to reach in or initiate any contact. The 6th foul was just plain bad...the official was probably anticipating the intentional foul, and blew the call. It happens.

They still shouldn't have lost that 9-point lead though. Davis and Jackson will have their revenge in game 6.

Cry Havoc
05-02-2007, 09:57 AM

You let a team seeded 8th in the conference make a 33 point swing.

In a game that could have eliminated you.

On your HOME FLOOR.

And you have the audacity to talk shit about the Spurs having difficulty with the Nuggets? The Nuggets that have Melo and AI? The team that we're up 3-1 on? The team that was playing in their own arena?

Pot meet kettle? At what point were the Spurs not in control of the tempo of that game? No team in the league can stop Melo from scoring when his jump shot is on. Aside from that, we contained the Nuggets and beat them with 3s when they packed the lane.

Scores for the 4 games for SA: 89 (loss), 97, 96, 96.

Yeah, we're definitely in the same boat as you. You had to rely on a young team shooting itself out of the game to stay alive in the playoffs.

But yeah, you're right. Really similar situations. It's good to know that's what qualifies for confidence in Dallas these days. :lmao

ambchang
05-02-2007, 10:05 AM

But when the Mavs win, it's okay for other people to say they only won because of the refs? Holy double standard, Batman. :lol
Not saying that it was the refs, because the Mavs deserved the win, and the Warriors deserved to lose, but when both wins in the series came with Mavs out-shooting the Warriors at the FT line by a wide margin, AND both times with the Warriors two most important players not able to finish the game due to ejections/foul outs, it does raise eyebrows.

aaronstampler
05-03-2007, 03:38 AM

Whatever. Spurs fans can start whatever threads they want and participate in whatever threads they want because this whole message board is called "Spurstalk." You're the stranger here, why don't you go discuss the games in some Mavs forum where Spurs fans can leave you alone?

Secondly, the only reasons I'm rooting for the Warriors are because A) My best friend of 17 years is a Warriors fan and he deserves some happiness and B) I'm from the Bay Area. Personally, I'd love the opportunity for the Spurs to eliminate the Mavs themselves, but it doesn't appear that they'll get the chance.

Finally, I'd just like to congratulate you for rooting for a bunch of goofy clowns who hit their fifth gear January and can't turn it up a notch now. You let a gimmick 8 seed team dictate pace and tempo to you in a must win game on your own home court. Pathetic. You had to hit 10 three pointers out of 21 to win the game. You know the Mavs aren't a three point team or a jump shooting team. Your "defense" gave up 112 points in 45 minutes at home. And your owner is trying to rationalize tomorrow's loss by saying he's going to enjoy watching Nellie not being able to meet fan's expectations next year. Lame, lame, lame.

johngateswhiteley
05-03-2007, 05:02 AM

...so, irrational and emotional, leading to storytelling.

td4mvp3
05-03-2007, 09:25 AM
Whatever. Spurs fans can start whatever threads they want and participate in whatever threads they want because this whole message board is called "Spurstalk." You're the stranger here, why don't you go discuss the games in some Mavs forum where Spurs fans can leave you alone?

Secondly, the only reasons I'm rooting for the Warriors are because A) My best friend of 17 years is a Warriors fan and he deserves some happiness and B) I'm from the Bay Area. Personally, I'd love the opportunity for the Spurs to eliminate the Mavs themselves, but it doesn't appear that they'll get the chance.

Finally, I'd just like to congratulate you for rooting for a bunch of goofy clowns who hit their fifth gear January and can't turn it up a notch now. You let a gimmick 8 seed team dictate pace and tempo to you in a must win game on your own home court. Pathetic. You had to hit 10 three pointers out of 21 to win the game. You know the Mavs aren't a three point team or a jump shooting team. Your "defense" gave up 112 points in 45 minutes at home. And your owner is trying to rationalize tomorrow's loss by saying he's going to enjoy watching Nellie not being able to meet fan's expectations next year. Lame, lame, lame.
you know, i'd never noticed that, but you're on to something. dallas shoots an average of 38 percent on threes, putting them between seven and eight on average. at that level, either the game is tied or the warriors win.

Cry Havoc
05-03-2007, 11:34 AM
Ponky,

For the record, if Dallas was a 42 win team and they were playing a Golden State team that was close to 70 wins, I'd be donning a Mavs jersey (or at least be indifferent), even if I'd still want to throw large heavy objects at Cuban.