PDA

View Full Version : Okay Dallas won, but.....

E20
05-01-2007, 11:54 PM
What does everybody make out of this win? Who has momentum? Don't take series score into consideration. Cases can be made on both sides.

Golden State came back from a 21-point defecit to nearly win and end the series @ Dallas and they're heading back to Oakland. Momentum goes to Golden State.

Dallas came back and fought a tough game after being down by 9 in the waning minutes of a game with tons of pressure led by their quiet(up until now) MVP, who seems to have started to play to his full potential and might carry on to Game 6. Momentum goes to Dallas.

Who wins Game 6 and why? I root for the Mavs, but I'm gonna say GS. Mavs got too lucky and were bailed here and I don't think they have the mental toughness to take one in a loud ass Oracle arena.

Thoughts?

Extra Stout
05-01-2007, 11:55 PM
A #1 seed is not dead against a #8 seed until the buzzer sounds on the fourth loss.

GS had the deed all but done, but they let up. Fate says they won't get another chance.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-01-2007, 11:56 PM
if I'm golden state, I' dbe bummed a bit BUT if anything, with dallas's backs to the wall, this game just showed at the end of the day, GS is the better team, and the better team usually wins the best of 7 series.

I think GS will take game 6

johngateswhiteley
05-02-2007, 12:17 AM
i like Golden State to win game 6, but if they don't...its over for them.

Findog
05-02-2007, 12:18 AM

Agreed...if it comes back to Dallas, the Mavs win. The Oracle is a tough goddamn place to win.

Mr. Body
05-02-2007, 12:19 AM
The Golden State fans should buoy their team to clinch.

But this stuff about Richardson, is that true? Could hurt them pretty badly to lose him for a game or the series.

SAtown
05-02-2007, 12:20 AM
GS came into the playoffs with a "nothing to lose" mentality. It showed in every single game this series. Don't expect it to disappear in Oakland.

Nashfan
05-02-2007, 12:26 AM
If that is as hard as Dallas can play and then they give up a 21 point lead to let the Warriors take a 9 point lead then I think the Warriors will take it in game 6. Warriors shot themselves in the foot by not driving it to the hole and playing not to lose instead of attacking they way they did to overcome the 21 point deficet. Plus I think Terry either should have gotten a flagrant or ejected for that throw down of Baron Davis on that lost ball out of bounds. How does he get away with that??

mabber
05-02-2007, 12:31 AM
if I'm golden state, I' dbe bummed a bit BUT if anything, with dallas's backs to the wall, this game just showed at the end of the day, GS is the better team, and the better team usually wins the best of 7 series.

I think GS will take game 6

I don't think the Warriors are the better team but I think I finally realized (during this game) that they are every bit the Mavs equal because of the way they matchup. I think the Mavs messed up by not really showing up and playing hard until game 4 (and they lost that game). It will probably cost them the series but there's still a chance for Dallas. If tonight is any indication of how the Warriors will perform late in a close-out game then they may have issues.

TampaDude
05-02-2007, 12:33 AM
A #1 seed is not dead against a #8 seed until the buzzer sounds on the fourth loss.

GS had the deed all but done, but they let up. Fate says they won't get another chance.

Yup...GS is done...sorry, folks, but they will not win Game 6...and will get crushed in Game 7.

schadenfreude52
05-02-2007, 12:35 AM
Depends on Dirk. If he falls under the pressure from Oracle fans, then GS takes the series.

I think Dirk finally has his touch back, but there's not enough evidence to support the fact.

THE SIXTH MAN
05-02-2007, 12:35 AM
GS played an overall shitty game. Especially, during the first half. If I'm Golden State, I'm feeling good about getting some home cooking. Does anyone know what the mavs record is at Oracle?

VaSpursFan
05-02-2007, 12:36 AM
just watched the post game and i'm lauging at dallas try the reverse psych job by saying all the pressure is on GS to close it out in game 6 and i'm sitting going...ahhh, no, all the pressure is on Dallas because if they lose, season over.

can dallas really feel good about themselves by squeaking out this victory? they've got to be thinking that nothing they do will rattle this team.

ATXSPUR
fuck a dallas. this series is over and the mavs will become the 2007 champions!! Mark it down!!!!!

jinx...

schadenfreude52
GS played an overall shitty game. Especially, during the first half. If I'm Golden State, I'm feeling good about getting some home cooking. Does anyone know what the mavs record is at Oracle?

Whatever it is, it is not good.

mabber

0-2 in the only games that have ever mattered.

THE SIXTH MAN
05-02-2007, 12:37 AM
But then again don't the Mavs have a better road record?^^^

RogerIsEatingASandwich
05-02-2007, 12:53 AM
I had a bad feeling about game 5, kinda had a feeling Dallas would take it. It's good Golden State came back from being down 20 and nearly winning it, despite playing pretty poorly.

Next game is at the Oracle. The Warriors will be pumped and so will their fans. Golden State in 6.

td4mvp3
05-02-2007, 07:15 AM
mavs win game 6 by fewer than 5, blowout game 7.

lebomb
05-02-2007, 07:19 AM
I said Dallas would win game 5, but they would lose the series in 6.

There is NOWAY Dallas will win at Oaktown.

florige
05-02-2007, 07:24 AM

Yeah I agree. Game 6 is I think pretty much a MUST win for GS. But I also thought last year that we were all but assured victory at home against the Mavs. Either way I think GS wins this thing.

ElNono
05-02-2007, 07:28 AM
I just still haven't seen Dallas figure out how to beat GS defense when it's set. And shit like Howard tipping in the ball when it's over the rim is not going to be conveniently unseen by the refs in Oaktown.

florige
05-02-2007, 08:01 AM
I just still haven't seen Dallas figure out how to beat GS defense when it's set. And shit like Howard tipping in the ball when it's over the rim is not going to be conveniently unseen by the refs in Oaktown.

After that Joey Crawford fiasco I have given up on worrying about how these zebras affect the outcome of the game. The Mavs fan on this forum seem to be pretty fair, but I really can't stand that Dirk. He has a good game when it counts (finally) and then he goes around sticking out his tongue, I guess trying to imitate MJ. I'm like it because of your lack of balls that your team is in the predicamant their in anyway. I don't know who I dislik most, Dirk or Cuban....

Borosai
05-02-2007, 08:45 AM
I completely expected GS to win game 5, and they almost proved me right. At this point, I'm confident they'll win game 6. Dallas had great games by Dirk and Howard, and nearly lost it down the stretch. The most important factor for me is that the Warriors have played the same in all 5 games: without fear. And they didn't show any last night. So, going back to GS, if they play the same and feed off that crazy crowd, they should win.

But, if they lose game 6, Dallas should win game 7. Anything can happen though. Great games, great series.

DubMcDub
05-02-2007, 09:35 AM
I completely expected GS to win game 5, and they almost proved me right. At this point, I'm confident they'll win game 6. Dallas had great games by Dirk and Howard, and nearly lost it down the stretch. The most important factor for me is that the Warriors have played the same in all 5 games: without fear. And they didn't show any last night. So, going back to GS, if they play the same and feed off that crazy crowd, they should win.

They showed a considerable amount of fear at the end last night. J-Rich passed on a wide open three pointer and instead tried to drive it in and then ended up kicking it out to the wing for some wild ass shot. Davis also had a couple possessions toward the end (before he fouled out) where he got doubled and passed the ball off and didnt call for it back.

They looked like a pretty scared team to me--scared of the pressure of closing it out.

That said, Thursday should be great. Though I don't see how "their fans will be pumped and so will they" is a good reason why GS will win. It didnt work for the Spurs in Game 7 last year.

Findog
05-02-2007, 10:29 AM
I said Dallas would win game 5, but they would lose the series in 6.

There is NOWAY Dallas will win at Oaktown.

It will be tough, but not impossible. We would've done it in Game 4 if not for those five fluke end of quarter points by Baron Davis. Tough, but not impossible. We have a chance to take back HCA and stay alive. All you can ask for at this point.

And for those who say that Golden State lost this game more than Dallas won it, well the reverse was true in Game Four. Any event, this series is still Golden State's to win. I think the pressure is equal for both teams. The Warriors don't want to come back to Dallas, and the Mavericks will be the only team tomorrow night facing elimination.

mabber
05-02-2007, 10:32 AM

They shot 47% from the field and 46% (16/35 from 3 pt line), only had 15 turnovers, had 8 steals and were only rebounded by 6. I'd say they played an overall good game. They just blew it at the end.

NBA Junkie
05-02-2007, 10:32 AM
I got this sick feeling in my gut that Dallas will win game 6 and the series. No real basis for it....just a feeling.

Fuck, I hope I'm wrong.

Islymore
05-02-2007, 10:36 AM
Aw... @ Junkie... dont be wrong! :clap :clap :clap

Those are the kinda feelings that all Mavfans and Mavplayers need to feel!!!

MadDog73
05-02-2007, 11:09 AM
Honestly, I don't care who wins. I'd actually rather face the Mavs in the WCF (revenge!), but I love watching the Warriors, and it'd be fun to see a Warriors/ Spurs series.

That said, this series is the Warriors to lose. If they keep their composure, and play their game, they'll win.

If they flip out like they did last night, they will lose.

I also believe they could lose game 6 and still win game 7. That would be sweet, too, after what happened to the Spurs last year.... (i wonder how Mavs fans would react to that?)

Islymore
05-02-2007, 11:14 AM
Honestly, I don't care who wins. I'd actually rather face the Mavs in the WCF (revenge!), but I love watching the Warriors, and it'd be fun to see a Warriors/ Spurs series.

That said, this series is the Warriors to lose. If they keep their composure, and play their game, they'll win.

If they flip out like they did last night, they will lose.

I also believe they could lose game 6 and still win game 7. That would be sweet, too, after what happened to the Spurs last year.... (i wonder how Mavs fans would react to that?)

I dont think it will be fun to watch a Spurs/Warriors series. I think it would be quite the opposite of this one really. Maybe its just me, but I think the Spurs would definitely slow the game down...

This series is the Warriors to lose at this point. I dont know if they will be able to keep their composure tho. That is my only worry for them. If they maintain and hold their ground, they should win easy at home - but if allow the Mavs to get their foot in the door any kinda way, any slight momentum change - I think they will crack. Thass just me tho.

And I think if GS came back to Dallas and get the W - I think a lot of Mav fans will fly the coop and not come back til next season, all across internet world. I think alot of fans will be pissed and rant for days too. What will really be crazy is the lack of conspiracy threads if GS comes to dallas and wins...

Testing
05-02-2007, 12:21 PM
If Mavs make it out of this series, which I think they will, then they have a straight shot to the Finals....

MadDog73
05-02-2007, 12:24 PM
If Mavs make it out of this series, which I think they will, then they have a straight shot to the Finals....

:rolleyes

Oh really? Beating the Warriors = Beating the Spurs or Suns?

I dont think it will be fun to watch a Spurs/Warriors series. I think it would be quite the opposite of this one really. Maybe its just me, but I think the Spurs would definitely slow the game down...

I'd like to think the Spurs could shut down the Warriors, too, but I'm not betting on it.

And I think if GS came back to Dallas and get the W - I think a lot of Mav fans will fly the coop and not come back til next season, all across internet world. I think alot of fans will be pissed and rant for days too. What will really be crazy is the lack of conspiracy threads if GS comes to dallas and wins...

Oh, I don't know, I believe there will always be crazy conspiracy threads.

It's all part of the conspiracy, you know?