PDA

View Full Version : Jason Richardson may get suspended

mabber
05-02-2007, 12:11 AM
Apparently, Jason Richardson got into a fight with someone in the stands after the game and the league is looking into it. Mavs officials are saying that there's a chance that Richardson gets suspended.

I hope he doesn't get suspended for probably having to deal with some drunk fan.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-02-2007, 12:12 AM
oh jesus

Findog
05-02-2007, 12:13 AM
If it's not on the court, how can they do that? Is there somewhere in the code of conduct that covers that?

mabber
05-02-2007, 12:14 AM
If it's not on the court, how can they do that? Is there somewhere in the code of conduct that covers that?

Don't you recall the Indiana Pacer incident in Detroit. The league comes down hard on players now if they mess with fans (regardless of who's at fault).

Findog
05-02-2007, 12:17 AM
But that was in full view of tv cameras? Stackhouse didn't get suspended for beating down that guy from the Jazz in the tunnel

Marklar MM
05-02-2007, 12:19 AM
Don't you recall the Indiana Pacer incident in Detroit. The league comes down hard on players now if they mess with fans (regardless of who's at fault).

That was during a game though.

Budkin
05-02-2007, 12:20 AM
Yeah you don't get suspended just for getting in a fight.

Mavtek
05-02-2007, 12:23 AM
All I know is Mbenga last year went into the stands just to help, suspended for 6 games so who knows.

mabber
05-02-2007, 12:26 AM
It's being reported that this happened with 21 seconds left in the game (I guess after he fouled out) and there were punches thrown.

Budkin
05-02-2007, 12:27 AM
It's being reported that this happened with 21 seconds left in the game (I guess after he fouled out) and there were punches thrown.

But was it in the tunnel or on the sidelines?

jackiel1219
05-02-2007, 12:28 AM

But he didn't foul out, he only had 3 fouls

VaSpursFan
05-02-2007, 12:29 AM

what??? B diddy fouled out, not jrich

The_Worlds_finest
05-02-2007, 12:31 AM
u figure with the way this series has the mavs in the corner taking in the remaining breaths of life the warriors would have played it cool and just walked to locker room, hopefully this is just some bullshit...Warriors in 6...

Budkin
05-02-2007, 12:32 AM
Eh, I'll wait for the official story. This is like playing a game of telephone. Next thing I'll hear is that JRich just robbed one of the Pizza Hut kiosks while naked singing a bitchin rendition of "Home on the Range."

sribb43
05-02-2007, 12:34 AM
But that was in full view of tv cameras? Stackhouse didn't get suspended for beating down that guy from the Jazz in the tunnel
that wasnt a fan that was between Stack and Kirk Synder of the Jazz 2 seasons ago

ATXSPUR
05-02-2007, 12:34 AM
What a night....im goin to bed...go spurs go.....lets finish of the chicken nuggets tommorow.

BradLohaus
05-02-2007, 12:35 AM
If there actually is something to this then if Richardson gets suspended then I think they will have to suspend Terry as well. That would be a terrible trade for the Warriors.

jbspurs
05-02-2007, 12:38 AM

HUH?

dav4463
05-02-2007, 12:39 AM
I wish someone would have beaten up Mark Cuban. It would be worth the suspension.

alamo50
05-02-2007, 12:46 AM
Cuban most likely paid the fan.

Amarelooms
05-02-2007, 12:46 AM
If there actually is something to this then if Richardson gets suspended then I think they will have to suspend Terry as well. That would be a terrible trade for the Warriors.

Hahaha no way Terry gets suspended...nice acting job by Baron...up for an Oscar I hear :elephant

lurker
05-02-2007, 12:54 AM
What Jet did was idiotic, but I think it's a little different doing something to a fellow player and doing something to a fan. You don't touch the damn fans, no matter how obnoxious they might be. :lol

Shank
05-02-2007, 01:05 AM
From what I heard from Mavs officials after the game, Richardson was jabbing back and forth with a fan in the 2nd row and went out of his way to push the fan. The fan has submitted a complaint with the officials at the game and they're looking at all the tape they can to get a report to the NBA offices tonight. There is an angle and multiple witnesses that say Richardson pushed first. I'd imagine we'll hear more about it in the morning when everything is ironed out.

monosylab1k
05-02-2007, 01:11 AM
well SpursDynasty has his excuse if the Mavericks pull this off. Jason Richardson was unfairly suspended for horsing around playfully with fans.

Meanwhile Jason Terry gets off scott free after discovering a host body for the Anti-Christ and finding a way to make the 4th of July illegal.

Marcus Bryant
05-02-2007, 01:19 AM
Eh, I'll wait for the official story. This is like playing a game of telephone. Next thing I'll hear is that JRich just robbed one of the Pizza Hut kiosks while naked singing a bitchin rendition of "Home on the Range."

No doubt. Misinformation to obscure the fact that one of their own threw an opponent to the floor by his neck deliberately.

ATXSPUR
05-02-2007, 01:22 AM
What Jet did was idiotic, but I think it's a little different doing something to a fellow player and doing something to a fan. You don't touch the damn fans, no matter how obnoxious they might be. :lol

You should take the role of a normal fan and try talking with one of you guys one day...then we can talk.

monosylab1k
05-02-2007, 01:29 AM
You should take the role of a normal fan and try talking with one of you guys one day...then we can talk.

No normal fan is getting paid millions of dollars to entertain by playing basketball.

I'm not saying they deserve verbal abuse from fans, but it's part of the job description and something every player has to deal with. Shoving a drunken idiot fan is simply unacceptable.

stretch
05-02-2007, 01:30 AM
I never heard anything about punches. I just heard about a push, and there supposedly is video evidence that shows a push, but it wasnt clear enough as to who made the push yet, and they are still working on figuring it out.

dg7md
05-02-2007, 01:31 AM
Work with the evidence of what they got of Terry attempting to break the neck of Baron Davis.

monosylab1k
05-02-2007, 01:34 AM
Work with the evidence of what they got of Terry attempting to break the neck of Baron Davis.

Then they can review Bruce Bowen attempting to snap Ray Allen's spinal cord in half with his foot.

mabber
05-02-2007, 01:36 AM
I never heard anything about punches. I just heard about a push, and there supposedly is video evidence that shows a push, but it wasnt clear enough as to who made the push yet, and they are still working on figuring it out.

I've heard both punches and pushes. I believe that it was just a push now. We'll know more tomorrow.

baseline bum
05-02-2007, 01:57 AM
Heard from who? Post a legit source.

RogerIsEatingASandwich
05-02-2007, 01:59 AM
There are two different threads going on about this altercation and still no legit source online or any mention of it on the t.v.

Probably a bunch of bullshit.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-02-2007, 02:00 AM
I wonder how much Cuban paid the guy, if this is even true.

baseline bum
05-02-2007, 02:01 AM
Why wouldn't ESPN be all over this, especially when it allegedly happened in front of all the cameras at the end of the game? So far, the best source I've heard on this rumor is some post on an ESPN message board.

RogerIsEatingASandwich
05-02-2007, 02:06 AM
Why wouldn't ESPN be all over this, especially when it allegedly happened in front of all the cameras at the end of the game? So far, the best source I've heard on this rumor is some post on an ESPN message board.

Exactly, ESPN is usually all over this type of shit as soon as it happens.

This ESPN message board source is full of shit. I'm going to bed.

Shank
05-02-2007, 02:07 AM

Something actually happened and the fan went so far as to file a complaint with officials before leaving the game tonight. Last thing I heard while at the game was that they were going to try to find all of the camera angles they could, combine that with fan testimonies and flip it to the NBA office tonight. I'd expect to see more on this in the morning. But there's definitely something to it beyond just messageboard banter.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-02-2007, 02:10 AM
I wonder how much Cuban paid the guy, if this is even true.
It's like the Grapes of Wrath, paying guys to instigate shit against the underdog.

MrChug
05-02-2007, 02:10 AM
Cant believe no one's called this dork's bullshit yet...that's not what happened.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-02-2007, 02:14 AM
Richardson, meanwhile, is apparently also under review. He tussled with a courtside fan late in the fourth quarter, and according to a Mavs official, the fan has filed a report with NBA security and the league is investigating the incident.

Asked about the skirmish after the game, Richardson was hazy on the details.

"I don't know what happened," he said. "It was in the heat of the moment."

And in the heat of the game, the Warriors came up empty.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/05/02/WARRIORS.TMP

doesn't tell us anything but oh well

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-02-2007, 02:19 AM
Whatever happens, happens.

Shank
05-02-2007, 02:26 AM
If the league really wants to be hardcore about this, they suspend Terry, Richardson and Jackson for Game 6.

EastsBeasts
05-02-2007, 02:30 AM
Dallas fans should hope for a suspension of J-Rich because thats the only way your team has a chance of not getting embarrassed. Oh, too late!
^^^^^^

Shank
05-02-2007, 02:32 AM
Dallas fans should hope for a suspension of J-Rich because thats the only way your team has a chance of not getting embarrassed. Oh, too late!
^^^^^^

Did you miss the part where I included Terry in that list of suspensions?

Why did I even waste the time responding to that?

J.T.
05-02-2007, 02:48 AM
If I was the League, I wouldn't suspend anyone. This series is too good to be fucked up by suspensions. Best basketball I've watched all year.

lefty
05-02-2007, 03:07 AM
I owe you one David !!!

http://markramsey.com/wp-content/dirkcuban.jpg
http://www.guerillasports.com/cms_images/articles/thumbnail_498.gif

naico
05-02-2007, 06:54 AM
Then they can review Bruce Bowen attempting to snap Ray Allen's spinal cord in half with his foot.

Man, you just keep on using the same damn incident.. :dramaquee

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-02-2007, 08:21 AM
Something actually happened and the fan went so far as to file a complaint with officials before leaving the game tonight. Last thing I heard while at the game was that they were going to try to find all of the camera angles they could, combine that with fan testimonies and flip it to the NBA office tonight. I'd expect to see more on this in the morning. But there's definitely something to it beyond just messageboard banter.

Lesson learned for the fan - when a player falls in your lap, let him go up, don't wrap your arms around his waist and try to keep him from getting back in the play.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-02-2007, 08:21 AM
If I was the League, I wouldn't suspend anyone. This series is too good to be fucked up by suspensions. Best basketball I've watched all year.

Yeah, ignore the rules because it's good basketball :rolleyes Go ahead and let the superstars start carrying crobars because, you know, they're fun to watch and stuff.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-02-2007, 08:22 AM

Just at the point where you had gained some cred on this site, you go and blow it with a stupid take.

ponky
05-02-2007, 08:24 AM
Lesson learned for the fan - when a player falls in your lap, let him go up, don't wrap your arms around his waist and try to keep him from getting back in the play.

ding...nellie would not approve, this fan was just taking a book out of nellie's tricks of the trade. remember when monta ellis fell down in the first mavs/warriors game of the regular season? he was getting ready to jump back up and continue in the game and nellie ran over and told him to stay down in the hopes that he would get the call

Jimcs50
05-02-2007, 08:27 AM
Not a fight...no suspension will come.

ponky
05-02-2007, 08:31 AM
Not a fight...no suspension will come.

link to the clip of this? i was at the game so i didn't catch it and i forgot to tivo the game. i know it wasn't a fight but neither was the action that mbenga took last season which garnered him a six game suspension...he didn't even talk or do anything to the fan, he just stood there because cuban asked him to. anyway, i'm assuming you saw the clip since you're saying it was no big deal, please link, i'd like to see it, thanks.

monosylab1k
05-02-2007, 08:36 AM
Just at the point where you had gained some cred on this site, you go and blow it with a stupid take.

Just responding to a guy who claimed Terry was attempting to break Baron's neck. my post was no more ridiculous than that claim.

BTW i'm not saying that Terry wasn't making a dirty punk move. He did. But attempting to break his neck?

Islymore
05-02-2007, 08:49 AM
Yeah JET was just plain foolish with that move. But Davis blatantly flopped, he tried to sell it for more than what it was. Even from the TV angle, looks like JET tried to get him down, but not knock him out. JET does this kinda stuff all the time and I never noticed it or what?

I still am looking for something about the altercation bc on the radio, RICH denied any altercation, in the SF paper he doesnt know what happened. So any further news? Or are we all just speculating?

I would want JRICH in the game bc that will be just one more reason why the Mavs are being bailed out... blah, blah, blah...

BTW - I didnt think SJAX deserved either techs really, def not to be ejected. I didnt think BD deserved that last foul call on him either, it was incidental contact...

sribb43
05-02-2007, 08:52 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-warriorsmavs050207&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

War of words

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports
May 2, 2007

DALLAS – They were walking past the windows of the Old No. 7 Club in the corridor between the home and away locker rooms, the three stragglers shuffling past the postgame bar and grill of Dallas Mavericks fans. Long past midnight now, these people started standing and screaming through the glass, barking at Baron Davis and Don Nelson, clutching his Bud Light, and finally the most hated Warrior in the house, Stephen Jackson.

Davis and Nellie smiled and nodded on the way out of Game 5 on Tuesday night, but Jackson is Jackson and this wild series has brought out the best and worst of him. He wore his Yankees cap sideways along with his diamond studded crucifix, and finally he reached into his pocket, pulled out his money clip and waved a big, fat wad of the Golden State Warriors house money at those cursing him.

They were playing with it all the way into the final, fatal minutes when, within a whisper of one of the greatest upsets in NBA history, the Warriors unraveled in a 118-112 loss at the American Airlines Center.

Golden State made the mistake of letting Dirk Nowitzki get back into this series. All at once, Davis did a double-clutch, off-balance three-pointer with 3:21 left – "A horse shot," Mark Cuban called it – to take a 112-103 lead, until Nowitzki, the embattled Mavericks star, vowed to validate his front-running MVP candidacy with Dallas' championship hopes fading.

With much of basketball calling him a fraudulent superstar for his performance in the series, with his own coach, Avery Johnson, finally demanding that his All-Star's disposition stop drooping and start delivering, Nowitzki dropped 12 of his 30 points in the final three minutes and seven seconds.

ADVERTISEMENT

This had all the more stunning of a turn of events considering that Nowitzki didn't have a shot – never mind a basket – in the fourth quarter until the season was on the brink and he pulled it back. "Dirk popped the spinach on the sidelines and said, 'I am what I am,' " Cuban marveled.

And so started a blur of 15 straight Dallas points to end Game 5, pulling the Mavericks within 3-2 of the Warriors in the best-of-seven series. Nowitzki's rush of three-pointers and free throws set into motion an unraveling of Golden State in those final minutes that included nine straight missed shots, Jackson getting ejected and Jason Richardson inviting an NBA security probe into a possible pushing incident with a courtside fan late in the game.

Davis, the best player in this series, fouled out, and Jackson, the series' biggest headcase, was tossed for the second time in the series for clapping too vigorously in the direction of an official.

"Life of Stephen Jackson," he grumbled. "That's all I've got to say. Life of Stephen Jackson. That's all I'm saying."

Of course, Jackson can't help himself, and he went on to essentially call himself a target. Yet he still promised that, "We're going to go home and close it out."

Perhaps, but commissioner David Stern may first have to make a decision on Richardson's availability for Game 6. After Richardson's momentum carried him out of bounds late in the game, he found himself in the lap of a Dallas fan. They were briefly entangled, witnesses said, and Mavericks and NBA security interviewed the fan later for his side of the exchange.

What team and league sources were told, according to two high-ranking league officials, was that Richardson said, "Push me again, (expletive), and I'll beat your ass." NBA security's Dwayne Bishop was on the telephone with the fan late Tuesday night in the arena dining room, apparently reaching the man after he had talked to Mavericks security. At the least, Richardson probably bought himself a fine.

"I can't remember (what he said) in the heat of the moment," Richardson said of the fan. "All I know is that I pushed him back, trying to see who he was. But it's over." Despite the Mavericks' breathless bid in the final minutes to spare themselves a long, shocking summer, the biggest burden is still on Dallas to get out of this series alive. Before the game, Cuban blew off steam on the Stairmaster in the Mavericks' locker room, defending Nowitzki and ripping his ever-growing nemesis, Nelson, the deposed Dallas coach.

"Some people are afraid to lose," Cuban said. "You can't be afraid to lose if you're going to be a winner. You see it in business all the time. No balls, no babies, right? You've got to go for it. I don't think Nellie's got that attitude and that was a conflict between us."

Cuban was trying hard to spin some pressure back on Nelson, who has been living large as the eighth seed against these Mavericks with a championship-or-bust mandate on the season. "… Whatever happens, (this series in the future) changes him from the underdog to the favorite in a lot of respects. And then all of the expectations change," Cuban said. "You just can't be in hiding. It couldn't happen to a better guy. Now the entire (Bay Area) is going to think he's got to win 60 games and contend for a championship every year. It will be fun to watch."

Someday maybe, but for now the Mavericks must find a way to survive Oracle Arena in Oakland, the loudest, most delirious building the NBA has seen in years. They've waited forever for these Warriors to have one of those seasons, one of these runs, and it will reach a crescendo Thursday night when Game 6 comes to the Bay Area.

"Now, there's a lot of pressure on them," Johnson said. "They got 10,000 pounds on their right arms up there in Oakland. A lot of pressure on them."

Nice try, Avery. But the pressure is on the Mavericks until they complete this jagged journey into the second round.

As they were walking down the corridor late Tuesday, Nelson threw an arm around Davis for a moment and told simply, "Hey, we had a shot at the end," and the understanding was unmistakable: The best team in basketball had to play out of its mind to simply get a No. 8 seed back to its building for a game that Stephen Jackson says these Warriors are going to use to close out the Mavericks, close out a wild basketball blood war.

"The bottom line is that we don't like each other," Matt Barnes sniffed. "We don't like them, they don't like us."

With a wrap on his leg for the hamstring he pulled in the first quarter, Barnes, a journeyman, happened to be the relentless, resolved face of this Golden State team in the losing locker room.

He's the Warrior with the word, "Believe," tattooed on the side of his neck.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-02-2007, 08:53 AM
Yeah JET was just plain foolish with that move. But Davis blatantly flopped, he tried to sell it for more than what it was. Even from the TV angle, looks like JET tried to get him down, but not knock him out. JET does this kinda stuff all the time and I never noticed it or what?

If you watched the play, it wasn't a flop. Everyone is fixated on what happened 'up high' on Baron's neck.

I TIVOed and replayed a couple of times trying to figure out how Baron went down so quick. If you have opportunity to watch the replay, watch down low, Terry combined the hog tie on Baron's neck with a leg sweep on Baron.

That's why Davis went down so fast. Baron really only had weight on one leg at the time and Terry hooked his leg with his own and pulled out the carpet from under Baron.

It was a dirty move all the way around and Terry knew exactly what he was doing.

ponky
05-02-2007, 08:55 AM
Perhaps, but commissioner David Stern may first have to make a decision on Richardson's availability for Game 6. After Richardson's momentum carried him out of bounds late in the game, he found himself in the lap of a Dallas fan. They were briefly entangled, witnesses said, and Mavericks and NBA security interviewed the fan later for his side of the exchange.

What team and league sources were told, according to two high-ranking league officials, was that Richardson said, "Push me again, (expletive), and I'll beat your ass." NBA security's Dwayne Bishop was on the telephone with the fan late Tuesday night in the arena dining room, apparently reaching the man after he had talked to Mavericks security. At the least, Richardson probably bought himself a fine.

"I can't remember (what he said) in the heat of the moment," Richardson said of the fan. "All I know is that I pushed him back, trying to see who he was. But it's over." Despite the Mavericks' breathless bid in the final minutes to spare themselves a long, shocking summer, the biggest burden is still on Dallas to get out of this series alive. Before the game, Cuban blew off steam on the Stairmaster in the Mavericks' locker room, defending Nowitzki and ripping his ever-growing nemesis, Nelson, the deposed Dallas coach.

Yeah, this is different from what he said in the locker room, at least according to ESPN radio. From what I heard on the radio while traveling back to Austin, J-Rich denied having said or done anything to the fan and he called the fan a liar.

Islymore
05-02-2007, 08:56 AM
^Interesting. I gotta invest in this TIVO stuff... @ AGGIE...

and PONKY - did you scream yourself ragged? the fans didnt look too into the game for most of it and i was upset by that. even standing they looked nervous *which i can understand* but you should still support your team 100% no matter what the situation is. sorry, had a rant.

Findog
05-02-2007, 08:57 AM
If you watched the play, it wasn't a flop. Everyone is fixated on what happened 'up high' on Baron's neck.

I TIVOed and replayed a couple of times trying to figure out how Baron went down so quick. If you have opportunity to watch the replay, watch down low, Terry combined the hog tie on Baron's neck with a leg sweep on Baron.

That's why Davis went down so fast. Baron really only had weight on one leg at the time and Terry hooked his leg with his own and pulled out the carpet from under Baron.

Gah! Can we just get on with discussing Game Six? Spurs fan: "Suspend Terry." Mavs fan: "Nothing to see here, move along."

ponky
05-02-2007, 08:59 AM
^Interesting. I gotta invest in this TIVO stuff...

TIVO will absolutely change your entire NBA viewing experience...I cannot watch games on TV without TIVO, although I do sometimes watch a big game live but I get impatient because I can't TIVO as much.

ponky
05-02-2007, 09:08 AM
this is so messed up...ian fitzsimmons interviewed j-rich and he denied it and called the fan a liar...then he also said in a different interview that he doesn't know what happened (how could you not know what happened?) and it was in the heat of the moment...so which is it?

Islymore
05-02-2007, 09:25 AM
how could you not know what happened if nothing happened???

DubMcDub
05-02-2007, 09:31 AM

It was a dirty move all the way around and Terry knew exactly what he was doing.

I have it on DVR and nothing below their waists is even in the frame. :lol

I love the whole "I DVRed it and so and so knew exactly what they were doing" bit, as if no one else has it recorded to call you out on your bullshit.

smeagol
05-02-2007, 09:36 AM
I hope, for the sake of the NBA, Richardson does not get suspended. I also hope Terry doesn't get suspended either.

Better to see what these two teams can do in game six with their entire roster available.

In any case, Terry is an idiot and if this were the regular season, I would say suspend the mofo. He is a fucking repeat offender.

mFFL03
05-02-2007, 10:01 AM
If Terry is out, then Richardson is out. And vice versa.

LEONARD
05-02-2007, 10:06 AM

Are you really this fucking stupid dude? :lol

:lol

WOW!!! :hat

Some of the Spurs fans are unfuckingbelievable... :lol

monosylab1k
05-02-2007, 10:09 AM
from what I just heard on the Ticket, Richardson didn't start anything, the fan was trying to hold him back from getting onto the court, and Richardson's "shove" was merely an attempt to get back into the game.

much ado about nothing. drunk fans are stupid.

monosylab1k
05-02-2007, 10:10 AM
I guarantee you that Jason Terry will be the only one to get suspended out of all this.

That should quiet the conspiracy theorists.

Findog
05-02-2007, 10:11 AM
from what I just heard on the Ticket, Richardson didn't start anything, the fan was trying to hold him back from getting onto the court, and Richardson's "shove" was merely an attempt to get back into the game.

much ado about nothing. drunk fans are stupid.

Then it sounds like there's more of a question of what will happen to Jackson, given that Stern said they would take his past actions into account if he got into trouble again. My guess is a fine and nothing more since his ejection was pretty weak.

Cry Havoc
05-02-2007, 10:20 AM
If Avery thinks the pressure is on Golden State right now, he hasn't watched this team play much. They're loose as hell and I don't see that changing on their home floor.

MadDog73
05-02-2007, 10:25 AM
"Some people are afraid to lose," Cuban said. "You can't be afraid to lose if you're going to be a winner. You see it in business all the time. No balls, no babies, right? You've got to go for it. I don't think Nellie's got that attitude and that was a conflict between us."

What a fucking asshole. Can Don Nelson please have his 6 million bucks or whatever, and end this sillly "he has no balls" rant?!?

Seriously, Mark, it will probably be good for your heart...

mabber
05-02-2007, 11:22 AM
I guarantee you that Jason Terry will be the only one to get suspended out of all this.

That should quiet the conspiracy theorists.

Yeah, if anyone gets suspended (and I'm guessing no one will) it will be Terry since he has a history.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-02-2007, 11:25 AM
If Avery thinks the pressure is on Golden State right now, he hasn't watched this team play much. They're loose as hell and I don't see that changing on their home floor.

AJ is just trying to play mind games but I don't think the Warriors will be too fazed.

I don't blame him for trying

lurker
05-02-2007, 12:08 PM
Avery learned from the mind games master. Unfortunately, he's not as good at it.

mardigan
05-02-2007, 01:05 PM
Updated: May 2, 2007, 1:21 PM ET
Fan's filing of report draw review by NBABy Marc Stein
ESPN.com

DALLAS -- It has to be the leading candidate for Best Game of Round 1: Dallas 118, Golden State 112. So what could spoil the mood heading into Thursday's massive Game 6?

League discipline, of course.

There are a few situations to monitor after Tuesday's roller-coaster Game 5 of the Warriors-Mavs playoff series. And an NBA spokesperson told ESPN.com that all three incidents are under review.

• NBA observers in the building interviewed multiple spectators after the game about an alleged tangle between Golden State's Jason Richardson and a Mavericks fan sitting across from the Dallas bench. Richardson fell after a shot and tempers appeared to flare when the Warriors' swingman felt he was being impeded as he tried to get up to rejoin the game. Because the Mavs fan filed a report with NBA security, league officials are expected to review the incident.

• Golden State's Stephen Jackson was ejected with 8.9 seconds to play to make it two ejections for Jackson in the Warriors' two losses in the series. Jackson maintains he was unfairly expelled this time for clapping -- the same offense that got Baron Davis ejected from their 112-99 Game 2 loss -- but it remains to be seen whether the league plans to tack on a penalty in addition to Don Nelson's postgame vow to fine his primary Dirk Nowitzki defender "a substantial amount."

NBA commissioner David Stern said Friday in Oakland, after Jackson was fined $50,000 for his first ejection and mostly for not leaving the court in a timely manner, that Jackson's past transgressions didn't factor into the punishment.

"But the next one will," Stern added.

• There's also the matter of Dallas' Jason Terry shoving Baron Davis near the Warriors' bench. The incident might get a review from the league as well, since it received plenty of TV time postgame.

Marc Stein is a senior NBA writer for ESPN.com.

Findog
05-02-2007, 01:08 PM
Updated: May 2, 2007, 1:21 PM ET
Fan's filing of report draw review by NBABy Marc Stein
ESPN.com

DALLAS -- It has to be the leading candidate for Best Game of Round 1: Dallas 118, Golden State 112. So what could spoil the mood heading into Thursday's massive Game 6?

League discipline, of course.

There are a few situations to monitor after Tuesday's roller-coaster Game 5 of the Warriors-Mavs playoff series. And an NBA spokesperson told ESPN.com that all three incidents are under review.

• NBA observers in the building interviewed multiple spectators after the game about an alleged tangle between Golden State's Jason Richardson and a Mavericks fan sitting across from the Dallas bench. Richardson fell after a shot and tempers appeared to flare when the Warriors' swingman felt he was being impeded as he tried to get up to rejoin the game. Because the Mavs fan filed a report with NBA security, league officials are expected to review the incident.

• Golden State's Stephen Jackson was ejected with 8.9 seconds to play to make it two ejections for Jackson in the Warriors' two losses in the series. Jackson maintains he was unfairly expelled this time for clapping -- the same offense that got Baron Davis ejected from their 112-99 Game 2 loss -- but it remains to be seen whether the league plans to tack on a penalty in addition to Don Nelson's postgame vow to fine his primary Dirk Nowitzki defender "a substantial amount."

NBA commissioner David Stern said Friday in Oakland, after Jackson was fined $50,000 for his first ejection and mostly for not leaving the court in a timely manner, that Jackson's past transgressions didn't factor into the punishment.

"But the next one will," Stern added.

• There's also the matter of Dallas' Jason Terry shoving Baron Davis near the Warriors' bench. The incident might get a review from the league as well, since it received plenty of TV time postgame.

Marc Stein is a senior NBA writer for ESPN.com.

My guess is hefty fines and nothing more for all three guys.

mardigan
05-02-2007, 01:13 PM
My guess is hefty fines and nothing more for all three guys.
Yea, thats sounds about right, wouldnt have any problem with that

newbiefan
05-02-2007, 01:22 PM
nobody mentioning the clip where stephen jackson was being escorted out after his ejection.. some mav fan reached out to him, don't know if fan actually touched him, ... saw sj lift his arms up over his head away from the fan... don't read lips, but think he told fan don't touch me... why fans want to fuel the flame

Shank
05-02-2007, 01:53 PM
nobody mentioning the clip where stephen jackson was being escorted out after his ejection.. some mav fan reached out to him, don't know if fan actually touched him, ... saw sj lift his arms up over his head away from the fan... don't read lips, but think he told fan don't touch me... why fans want to fuel the flame

Gee, that NEVER happens.

monosylab1k
05-02-2007, 01:54 PM
Gee, that NEVER happens.

only in Dallas do the fans heckle an opposing player when he gets ejected.

Fillmoe
05-02-2007, 01:57 PM
thats cuz 99% of all mavs fans are homos and they prolly just wanted to feel up on stephen jackson

monosylab1k
05-02-2007, 01:57 PM
thats cuz 99% of all mavs fans are homos and they prolly just wanted to feel up on stephen jackson

that's gotta be it.

Shank
05-02-2007, 02:01 PM

I think they were patting him down.

sribb43
05-02-2007, 02:01 PM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/warriors/index?

Wednesday, May 02, 2007
The Morning After update: J-Rich under investigation, Jackson won't be fined or suspended

Here's the latest as of Tuesday afternoon from American Airlines Center, where the Warriors just practiced before flying home. The league is still investigating Jason Richardson's encounter with a Mavericks fan following his three-point attempt with about 20 seconds left in Game 5. Richardson's momentum carried him into the front-row seats and he got tangled up with a fan, who later went to NBA security about how testy things got as Richardson tried to extract himself and get back down the court. Richardson brushed off the incident this morning, saying that "nothing really happened," no words or shoves were exchanged either way, and that he hadn't spoken to league officials yet.

As for Stephen Jackson, who was thrown out after just one technical foul for clapping with 8.9 seconds to go, I just got word from the league that he's in the clear. No fines. No suspension. The NBA isn't looking into anything.

Same goes for Jason Terry, who received his own technical foul for taking down Baron Davis on the sidelines earlier in the game.

Islymore
05-02-2007, 02:02 PM

i'd feel up on SJAX... lol... we could def :smokin together too!!!

mabber
05-02-2007, 02:11 PM

Your posting history is rather impressive. You bring a lot to the table.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-02-2007, 02:31 PM
i'd feel up on SJAX... lol... we could def :smokin together too!!!

so using seduction to distract your opponent for game 6?......why that's.............brilliant! :lol

judaspriestess
05-02-2007, 03:53 PM
I see the link to the story above thanks.

sounds like a typical desperate dallas fan doing whatever they can to help the dallas win. :rolleyes

01Snake
05-02-2007, 04:35 PM
Too funny. Just found out it was a buddy of mine in Dallas who got pushed.

dallaskd
05-02-2007, 05:08 PM
you dont shove fans. naughty, naughty.

RonMexico
05-02-2007, 11:09 PM
Apparently, Jason Richardson got into a fight with someone in the stands after the game and the league is looking into it. Mavs officials are saying that there's a chance that Richardson gets suspended.

I hope he doesn't get suspended for probably having to deal with some drunk fan.

Let's not forget that Cuban wanted to send in video to the league to get Marion suspended for Game 6 last year after an "elbow" to Adrian Griffin's head.

Guess he wouldn't send in the one with JET on there.

mabber
05-02-2007, 11:45 PM
Let's not forget that Cuban wanted to send in video to the league to get Marion suspended for Game 6 last year after an "elbow" to Adrian Griffin's head.

Guess he wouldn't send in the one with JET on there.

What does this have to do with anything?

RonMexico
05-03-2007, 12:21 AM
What does this have to do with anything?

That it would anger me very much if Richardson got suspended for fan involvement when there's plenty of documentation out there about how terrible the Mavs fans have been this series and especially last night.

mabber
05-03-2007, 12:26 AM
That it would anger me very much if Richardson got suspended for fan involvement when there's plenty of documentation out there about how terrible the Mavs fans have been this series and especially last night.

Uh, ok. I still don't see how you made that connection but it's probably just me (I'm on all sorts of drugs as I've been sick for over a week now). In fact, I haven't been to any of the 3 Mav playoff games (gave my tix away to friends).

I think Richardson is going to get fined but not suspended.

RonMexico
05-03-2007, 12:27 AM
And because their leader is MMFL himself - Cuban... bringing it back full circle here.

RonMexico
05-03-2007, 12:30 AM
I made that connection because Cuban has created this environment of arrogance, hatred, and disrespect within the confines of AAC. What I described was just one example where he took a guy trying to fight around a screen (Marion) and turned it into an intentional act meant to hurt one of his precious Mavs.

You've escaped most of the propoganda, mabber, which makes you cool and objective, but there are some prime examples of Cuban's creations on this message board and plenty more that we can see on TV.

Shank
05-03-2007, 12:30 AM

"Documentation"? What the hell are you talking about?

RonMexico
05-03-2007, 01:44 AM
"Documentation"? What the hell are you talking about?

I know it's not some of your "insider information," oh powerful Mr. Shank, but it's just the tip of the iceberg.

Also, read Seven Seconds or Less to see how Jack McCallum feels about your precious Markie and obnoxious "Humble Bill."

johngateswhiteley
05-03-2007, 01:48 AM
Jason Richardson isn't going to get suspended, this thread is stupid. he said she said...thats all....

DubMcDub
05-03-2007, 02:52 AM

Doesn't matter what the fucking fans do you fool. Fans aren't employees of the NBA. They can't be suspended for acting like jack asses.

Athletes are public figures and are held to a higher standard.

Fillmoe
05-03-2007, 03:01 AM
Doesn't matter what the fucking fans do you fool. Fans aren't employees of the NBA. They can't be suspended for acting like jack asses.

slap yourself......

Kevin Blackistone
05-03-2007, 03:09 AM

Fans can be arrested for acting like jack asses. Just because you bought a ticket doesn't mean you can get drunk and feel up a player if they land near you diving for a basketball. I think fans should be mandated to keep their language clean and should be tossed from the arena for cursing near children.

ponky
05-03-2007, 06:35 AM

ummm, no offense, but everything about the mavericks angers you unless they lose so stop pointing out the obvious

ponky
05-03-2007, 06:43 AM
I made that connection because Cuban has created this environment of arrogance, hatred, and disrespect within the confines of AAC. What I described was just one example where he took a guy trying to fight around a screen (Marion) and turned it into an intentional act meant to hurt one of his precious Mavs.

You've escaped most of the propoganda, mabber, which makes you cool and objective, but there are some prime examples of Cuban's creations on this message board and plenty more that we can see on TV.

God, sometimes your hatred for the Mavs turns you into a fucking moron. Next time you go to a Mavericks game, try to get some tix in the lower section cheap bastard. If you could afford such tix, you'd know better than to run your mouth about all the rich bimbos and 40+ yr old men sitting in the lower section, text messaging, chatting about work and generally staring at the big screen above to see if they're on it. Those people are so lame at times, getting fussy if a freakin' Mav fan gets too rowdy because it disturbs them. The upper bowls were going apeshit (where I sat Tuesday night, but I do sit in the lowers as well, depends on the game) and there was a lot of camaraderie among fans up there but none of that gets on TV. The worst chant I heard last night all of two times was "YOU SUCK" once at the refs and once at sjax. Wanna talk about hatred? Listen to some of the chants Warriors fans like to run off during the games and get back to me, genius. :rolleyes

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-03-2007, 08:32 AM
ummm, no offense, but everything about the mavericks angers you unless they lose so stop pointing out the obvious

Um, no offense, but according to you and the other Mavs fans on this site no Mavs player or fan ever does anything wrong, even when they punch guys in the groin, wrap up a player to keep them from getting back on the court, etc., so please stop with the biased homer comments.

I have a cousin with season tickets down low, about 3 rows behind the scene of the 'incident', and he said the fan wrapped up JRich with both arms to keep him from getting on the court.

In that case, he's lucky JRich didn't cold cock him.

ponky
05-03-2007, 08:37 AM
Um, no offense, but according to you and the other Mavs fans on this site no Mavs player or fan ever does anything wrong, even when they punch guys in the groin, wrap up a player to keep them from getting back on the court, etc., so please stop with the biased homer comments.

I have a cousin with season tickets down low, about 3 rows behind the scene of the 'incident', and he said the fan wrapped up JRich with both arms to keep him from getting on the court.

cite please...you won't be able to because i've never posted such a ridiculous extreme statement saying that all mavs ballers were angels...last season, when terry got suspended, i was alright with it...now that you look like a fucking idiot (typical dumbass aggie), thanks for the laughs

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, your cousin.....well my boyrfriend's best friend knows this usher in sec. 125 who saw the whole thing... :rolleyes

LEONARD
05-03-2007, 08:50 AM

:lol

Shank
05-03-2007, 08:57 AM

I know it's not some of your "insider information," oh powerful Mr. Shank, but it's just the tip of the iceberg.

Also, read Seven Seconds or Less to see how Jack McCallum feels about your precious Markie and obnoxious "Humble Bill."

That's hilarious! You say "plenty of documentation" and then come out with an obviously Golden State-biased column written by some douche and point out McCallum's book. Your original quote was some crap about how the FANS (not the owner) have been THIS series and in the game the other night. So, where is the plentiful documentation on all this, you jackass?

Shank
05-03-2007, 08:59 AM

Wrapped him up with BOTH arms and yet no one got this on tape? Both arms! In front of 21,000 people, in plain sight of both benches and an army of cameras. Wrapped him up! With both arms!

Findog
05-03-2007, 09:18 AM
Wrapped him up with BOTH arms and yet no one got this on tape? Both arms! In front of 21,000 people, in plain sight of both benches and an army of cameras. Wrapped him up! With both arms!

Aggiefan prefers to paint with a broad brush and tar ALL mavs fans as homer trolls. It's called projection -- whatever you are, you see it in others.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-03-2007, 09:48 AM

Yeah, the outrage. 21,000 people didn't have their cameras ready for an incident that lasted less than five seconds, and even more outrageous was that all 21,000 were watching the play that was still going on out on the court instead of paying attention to one player who had fallen into the stands down in the corner on the first row of seats.

WTF is wrong with people in Dallas? :rolleyes

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-03-2007, 09:49 AM
Aggiefan prefers to paint with a broad brush and tar ALL mavs fans as homer trolls. It's called projection -- whatever you are, you see it in others.

I know some good Mavs fans that aren't trolls, hell I'm not even saying that everyone I'm calling out are trolls.

I just think you are a bunch of hypocrites when you call out Spurs fans on a Spurs site about crap, and then you turn around and whine about the same crap.

You've got no room to talk on this Findog, quit with the holier than thou crap.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-03-2007, 09:54 AM
cite please...you won't be able to because i've never posted such a ridiculous extreme statement saying that all mavs ballers were angels...last season, when terry got suspended, i was alright with it...now that you look like a fucking idiot (typical dumbass aggie), thanks for the laughs

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, your cousin.....well my boyrfriend's best friend knows this usher in sec. 125 who saw the whole thing... :rolleyes

If it wasn't you that said it, sorry, but I thought you were one of the ones chiming in, because honestly you struck me as a level headed Mavs fan (which is few and far between around here), and the complaining struck me out of place for what I expected of you.

Cute snide remark about my cousin. So be it. He's a VP at SWA and has had some sweet seats for about 15 years now (was at EDS). I used to go up to Dallas 2-3 times a year and go to a game with him and his family when I was growing up, usually when the Spurs came up to play. And that was back when no one came to the games.

Bottom line though, you accuse me of being jaded and biased and then you make a snike remark like the one you made. You come off just as bad and biased as you accuse myself and another other Spurs fan that doesn't get down on their knees for the Mavs of being.

Can't say I'm surprised though, typical Dallas.

http://www.30kdm.com/images/products/10003/verticalpic.jpg

Findog
05-03-2007, 10:01 AM
I know some good Mavs fans that aren't trolls, hell I'm not even saying that everyone I'm calling out are trolls.

I just think you are a bunch of hypocrites when you call out Spurs fans on a Spurs site about crap, and then you turn around and whine about the same crap.

You've got no room to talk on this Findog, quit with the holier than thou crap.

Yeah, I occasionally bitch about officiating, which every fan does. Refs aren't perfect and ocassionally miss calls. What I don't do is post whining rants after every Spurs victory claiming that the only reason they won is because the refs gave it to them. My two favorite teams are the Mavericks and whoever is playing the Spurs, but I have too much respect for Duncan and his teammates to be that petty.

And this is not a closed forum to Spurs fans. Until Kori changes that policy, I have a right to post here.

ponky
05-03-2007, 10:14 AM
If it wasn't you that said it, sorry, but I thought you were one of the ones chiming in, because honestly you struck me as a level headed Mavs fan (which is few and far between around here), and the complaining struck me out of place for what I expected of you.

Cute snide remark about my cousin. So be it. He's a VP at SWA and has had some sweet seats for about 15 years now (was at EDS). I used to go up to Dallas 2-3 times a year and go to a game with him and his family when I was growing up, usually when the Spurs came up to play. And that was back when no one came to the games.

Bottom line though, you accuse me of being jaded and biased and then you make a snike remark like the one you made. You come off just as bad and biased as you accuse myself and another other Spurs fan that doesn't get down on their knees for the Mavs of being.

Yeah, I guess you don't read carefully. I already stated that I'm not from Dallas, have never lived there and don't care to so yeah, you're wrong again...just stop already, it's not going to work, I'm relentless in winning arguments. Oh, BTW, I'm not a homer and I appreciate the first part of your post but why post that when you just trash the second part and take back everything? Anyway, I'm off to eat breakfast and try to snooze before the game tonight, have fun watching the game.

mabber
05-03-2007, 10:28 AM

Life is too short to have as much hate as you do for something as silly as a city and/or fans of a team you don't like.

Obviously, the city of Dallas has a reputation (well-deserved) but to come on here and assume the 2 dozen or so Mav posters fit that rep is not only unfair but fairly ignorant. It would be like us assuming all the Spurs posters were blue collar Mexicans (which is the rep of San Antonio).

Bottom line, this is just basketball (i.e. a game). So many of the posters on here have such hatred for the city of Dallas (that's their right -not sure if the hatred accomplishes anything though). I'm not asking anyone to like Dallas(I couldn't care less) but maybe consider that all we're here to do is talk about hoops.

LEONARD
05-03-2007, 10:29 AM
For what it's worth, I HATE Dallas...I rarely go there. Mavs games is one exception...

Ft Worth >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dallas

mabber
05-03-2007, 10:35 AM
For what it's worth, I HATE Dallas...I rarely go there. Mavs games is one exception...

Ft Worth >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dallas

I like the downtown Ft.Worth area but it's a long haul for me. I like certain parts of most cities though. I really like the Riverwalk area in San Antonio. You can find some really cool/friendly people in most cities but from my experience...Chicago has the friendliest people I've ever come in contact with. I've been there 3-4 times now and have always been blown away at how friendly everyone is there. Maybe it's cuz I always go in the summertime and everyone there is much happier during that season :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-03-2007, 11:09 AM
Life is too short to have as much hate as you do for something as silly as a city and/or fans of a team you don't like.

Obviously, the city of Dallas has a reputation (well-deserved) but to come on here and assume the 2 dozen or so Mav posters fit that rep is not only unfair but fairly ignorant. It would be like us assuming all the Spurs posters were blue collar Mexicans (which is the rep of San Antonio).

Bottom line, this is just basketball (i.e. a game). So many of the posters on here have such hatred for the city of Dallas (that's their right -not sure if the hatred accomplishes anything though). I'm not asking anyone to like Dallas(I couldn't care less) but maybe consider that all we're here to do is talk about hoops.

I'm speaking from the perspective of living in Dallas, well Plano actually. And I give everyone the benefit of the doubt when they first come on this site. Where you get stereotyped is when your comments on here match up with what all the idiots here are saying about the series.

I have a hard time feeling sorry for a team about officiating when they are shooting more FT per game than anyone else in the playoffs (either conference), and then they take offense when Spurs fans call them on it.

Your team shoots over 32 FT per game, and you guys complain about officiating, and you cry about the Warriors getting the call in one game.

Your owner shows up in the press and talks trash about Nellie, and you defend him.

Your players cheap shot players from other teams, and you defend them and make huge reaches about dirty play by guys on other teams (stuff like saying Bowen was trying to snap Ray Allen's back and all that).

I say you as in Mavs fans in general. But I can pull up a whole thread from earlier in the series that is full of whining from Findog, Shank, monosylab1k, etc., and then you all turn around and wonder why you get painted with the 'broad brush'.

For me, I don't really hate Mavs fans, I'm just generally annoyed and tired of them.

They (and some of you are guilty of this as well) say we are living in the past when we talk about having 3 rings, but then hold the series win over us last year as proof of your greatness (which, ironically, was in the past).

You come on here and defend Joey Crawford throwing Tim Duncan out of a game for laughing that turned out to decide home court for our upcoming series, mock Spurs fans for complaining about how refs call games in Dallas, and then scream conspiracy and that the league is fixed when your team has a couple of guys get T'ed up and you lose a playoff game to an eight seed.

So yeah, it gets old in a hurry, and yeah you are getting painted with a broad swipe of the brush. The hypocrisy does that to you.

mabber
05-03-2007, 11:14 AM
I'm speaking from the perspective of living in Dallas, well Plano actually. And I give everyone the benefit of the doubt when they first come on this site. Where you get stereotyped is when your comments on here match up with what all the idiots here are saying about the series.

I have a hard time feeling sorry for a team about officiating when they are shooting more FT per game than anyone else in the playoffs (either conference), and then they take offense when Spurs fans call them on it.

Your team shoots over 32 FT per game, and you guys complain about officiating, and you cry about the Warriors getting the call in one game.

Your owner shows up in the press and talks trash about Nellie, and you defend him.

Your players cheap shot players from other teams, and you defend them and make huge reaches about dirty play by guys on other teams (stuff like saying Bowen was trying to snap Ray Allen's back and all that).

I say you as in Mavs fans in general. But I can pull up a whole thread from earlier in the series that is full of whining from Findog, Shank, monosylab1k, etc., and then you all turn around and wonder why you get painted with the 'broad brush'.

For me, I don't really hate Mavs fans, I'm just generally annoyed and tired of them.

They (and some of you are guilty of this as well) say we are living in the past when we talk about having 3 rings, but then hold the series win over us last year as proof of your greatness (which, ironically, was in the past).

You come on here and defend Joey Crawford throwing Tim Duncan out of a game for laughing that turned out to decide home court for our upcoming series, mock Spurs fans for complaining about how refs call games in Dallas, and then scream conspiracy and that the league is fixed when your team has a couple of guys get T'ed up and you lose a playoff game to an eight seed.

So yeah, it gets old in a hurry, and yeah you are getting painted with a broad swipe of the brush. The hypocrisy does that to you.

So very bitter over something so unimportant in the grand scheme of things. Hang in there Aggie! By the way, my undergrad degree is from A&M.

Findog
05-03-2007, 11:43 AM

I haven't complained about the officiating in this series one bit. The Warriors have outplayed us through five games.

Eh, some billionaire and a millionaire aren't getting along. They're both petty assholes. Cuban won't honor a contract and Nellie quit on this team. Where have I taken sides in that?

Pretty much everybody outside of San Antonio recognizes Bowen is a dirty player. And if Stack was on another team, I'd probably hate him too.

But I can pull up a whole thread from earlier in the series that is full of whining from Findog, Shank, monosylab1k, etc., and then you all turn around and wonder why you get painted with the 'broad brush'.

Where have I complained about the officiating in the GS-Dal series? I make no excuses for my team being down 3-2. We deserve to be where we are. What I DO remember is you and TPark flying off the handle in a rage over Dallas winning Game Two as a result of the refs.

You come on here and defend Joey Crawford throwing Tim Duncan out of a game for laughing that turned out to decide home court for our upcoming series

You can go find the relevant threads, I didn't defend JC.

mock Spurs fans for complaining about how refs call games in Dallas, and then scream conspiracy and that the league is fixed when your team has a couple of guys get T'ed up and you lose a playoff game to an eight seed.

I didn't post anything about Game Three, but who in their right minds could pin a blowout on the refs? Mavs didn't show up that night.

ponky
05-03-2007, 11:47 AM
ouch, that is some major pwnage...don't talk crap unless you're absolutely sure you know about the poster you're targeting aggie fan...maybe you do, but from the looks of it, doesn't seem to be the case

this is the reason i don't generalize about spurs fans...you've got the amusedaysleepers and mardigans rooting alongside the viva las espuelas and t parks but they aren't all the same

monosylab1k
05-03-2007, 11:49 AM

you're freakin retarded, dude. I made the "snap Ray Allen's spinal cord in half" comment in jest because someone else made the equally idiotic claim that Terry was attempting to break Baron Davis' neck. But I'm sure you didn't bother reading that part of it, just the part where your beloved Bruce Bowen got attacked.

monosylab1k
05-03-2007, 11:50 AM
But I can pull up a whole thread from earlier in the series that is full of whining from Findog, Shank, monosylab1k, etc., and then you all turn around and wonder why you get painted with the 'broad brush'.

I'd like you to find where I've whined about anything in this series besided the Mavs playing like shit.

ratm1221
05-03-2007, 11:52 AM
Haha, aggie got owned. There is no coming back from that. If I was him I don't think I would ever post again. :blah

Findog
05-03-2007, 11:54 AM
ouch, that is some major pwnage...don't talk crap unless you're absolutely sure you know about the poster you're targeting aggie fan...maybe you do, but from the looks of it, doesn't seem to be the case

this is the reason i don't generalize about spurs fans...you've got the amusedaysleepers and mardigans rooting alongside the viva las espuelas and t parks but they aren't all the same

yeah, amuseddaysleeper and mardigan are good...DarrinS will talk a little trash, but he's not a blind homer. tpark's not so bad, he doesn't think before he posts in the immediate aftermath of a spurs loss/mavs win, but aren't we all guilty of that?

FromWayDowntown
05-03-2007, 12:01 PM
At this point, it would be a bitch move by the NBA to suspend Richardson. Given that nothing (apparently) has happened, I'd think Richardson will play tonight.

Findog
05-03-2007, 12:06 PM
At this point, it would be a bitch move by the NBA to suspend Richardson. Given that nothing (apparently) has happened, I'd think Richardson will play tonight.

I agree. Nothing has been announced 9 hours to gametime, and I would assume they've already done their walk-through and film session assuming he would be in there.

skozsert
05-03-2007, 04:55 PM
Yes it seems really out of character for someone convicted of domestic assault to assault people in another setting. Dallas just needs to issue a warrant for his arrest, there were apparently several witnesses.

RonMexico
05-03-2007, 06:49 PM
God, sometimes your hatred for the Mavs turns you into a fucking moron. Next time you go to a Mavericks game, try to get some tix in the lower section cheap bastard. If you could afford such tix, you'd know better than to run your mouth about all the rich bimbos and 40+ yr old men sitting in the lower section, text messaging, chatting about work and generally staring at the big screen above to see if they're on it. Those people are so lame at times, getting fussy if a freakin' Mav fan gets too rowdy because it disturbs them. The upper bowls were going apeshit (where I sat Tuesday night, but I do sit in the lowers as well, depends on the game) and there was a lot of camaraderie among fans up there but none of that gets on TV. The worst chant I heard last night all of two times was "YOU SUCK" once at the refs and once at sjax. Wanna talk about hatred? Listen to some of the chants Warriors fans like to run off during the games and get back to me, genius. :rolleyes

I can't watch because I'm in China, so I haven't seen a TNT broadcast since Game 2... only get to see highlights...

And Shank, remind me when a Yahoo! Sports columnist became a biased Goldent State fan.

RonMexico
05-03-2007, 07:09 PM
Yeah, the outrage. 21,000 people didn't have their cameras ready for an incident that lasted less than five seconds, and even more outrageous was that all 21,000 were watching the play that was still going on out on the court instead of paying attention to one player who had fallen into the stands down in the corner on the first row of seats.

WTF is wrong with people in Dallas? :rolleyes

I agree with everything you say... except that he didn't fall into the stands... he was fouled by Dirk into the stands.