PDA

View Full Version : When will Golden State learn...

rasho8
05-02-2007, 04:28 AM
Look, Nelly,
Just a little something.
You cannot beat Dallas in the half court set. At the end of games, when youre on a freakin roll and destroying the Mavs. KEEP IT UP!!!
Dont try to run the clock down because you cannot beat Dallas in the half court once they are set.
Run the ball up, jack up a 3 or a high percentage 2, and trade baskets, when up by 9 or 10 when you have the lead Dallas will slow the game down by running the Iso to Dirt all by themselves and get flustered if you score alot on them.
Book it... Game 6 is a Golden State win.
Better fuckin get it right this time.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-02-2007, 04:36 AM
Baron Davis said a lot of good stuff in the post game interview.

It's very encouraging that, Golden State went down 23 points, and still had a chance to win in the final minutes despite blowing so many easy layups, and playing a C game. Mavs WILL not be so lucky to have that 23 point lead where every shot falls for them in the first half.

mqywaaah
05-02-2007, 04:41 AM
Nice...

flipcritic
05-02-2007, 04:42 AM
I'd like to see them stop chucking it up all the time. As many guys have said here before, "Live by the three..."

J.T.
05-02-2007, 04:46 AM
Golden State knows a Game 7 back in Dallas is going to be rough and will take a damn near perfect game to win. They'll come out with intensity brewed by the fact that they had this game and blew it. Their crowd will be in it bigger than ever, and they'll probably get calls to go their way. Best thing they can do is draw blood early and don't look back. If they let this loss get to them, they will lose Game 6 and have absolutely no momentum in Game 7.

Despite losing, there were a lot of positives for them in Game 5. They tried to win the game by burning time at the end in halfcourt sets and it destroyed them. I don't think Nellie will make the same mistake again. They will most likely win Game 6. As much as I want the Spurs-Mavs rematch, I don't think it's going to happen. Not this season, anyway. Golden State cannot afford to roll dice with a 7th game. I think they take Game 6.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-02-2007, 04:58 AM
Game 5 and that 9 point lead actually was too much of a comfort zone for the GSW. Game 6 will not have that. So the pressure's even now.

Their defense lost them the game, according to Nellie and Baron. They will not make the same mistakes they made in the first and fourth quarter. And will play all 4 quarters, because their crowd will pick them up and keep them going.

J.T.
05-02-2007, 05:07 AM
Yeah, their home crowd gives them a huge advantage. I wish our games were like that maybe when I'm 50 and we make the playoffs for the first time after the Duncan Era, SA will get to experience something like that in the first fucking round. The AT&T was probably that crunk in Game 7 of the '05 Finals. I know my ears were ringing and I lost my damn voice and my arms hurt like a mother from banging cheerstix all night.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-02-2007, 05:09 AM
Oh yeah, and Mavs made a hell of a lot of contested jumpers this game.

ponky
05-02-2007, 06:25 AM

It's very encouraging that, Golden State went down 23 points, and still had a chance to win in the final minutes despite blowing so many easy layups, and playing a C game. Mavs WILL not be so lucky to have that 23 point lead where every shot falls for them in the first half.

21 points, not 23...and it's also very encouraging from a different perspective that mavs went on a 15-0 run to stomp all over them and reduce their nine point lead to nothing

florige
05-02-2007, 06:59 AM
Golden State knows a Game 7 back in Dallas is going to be rough and will take a damn near perfect game to win. They'll come out with intensity brewed by the fact that they had this game and blew it. Their crowd will be in it bigger than ever, and they'll probably get calls to go their way. Best thing they can do is draw blood early and don't look back. If they let this loss get to them, they will lose Game 6 and have absolutely no momentum in Game 7.

Despite losing, there were a lot of positives for them in Game 5. They tried to win the game by burning time at the end in halfcourt sets and it destroyed them. I don't think Nellie will make the same mistake again. They will most likely win Game 6. As much as I want the Spurs-Mavs rematch, I don't think it's going to happen. Not this season, anyway. Golden State cannot afford to roll dice with a 7th game. I think they take Game 6.

GS has GOT to win game 6 tommorow. Even though I still think they can beat Dallas at home in 7 games after that implosion last night, but why risk it. I think they close it out at home tommorow night.

ElNono
05-02-2007, 07:03 AM
Playing the way they played got them this far. I still think they were pretty loose out there up until the last 3 minute meltdown. Plus I think they were spent from having to come back from such a huge deficit (a 30 point turnaround, no less).
If you look at it this way, barring any suspensions, and with the usual little home cooking you always get from the refs playing at home, I don't see how they're going to lose in Oakland.

mabber
05-02-2007, 08:01 AM
Yeah, their home crowd gives them a huge advantage. I wish our games were like that maybe when I'm 50 and we make the playoffs for the first time after the Duncan Era, SA will get to experience something like that in the first fucking round. The AT&T was probably that crunk in Game 7 of the '05 Finals. I know my ears were ringing and I lost my damn voice and my arms hurt like a mother from banging cheerstix all night.

The Maverick crowds were like that back when they first made the playoffs in mid-80's (after getting the team). It was really fun. The Mav crowds were good when they became decent again after the 90's but nothing compared to those 80's crowds at Reunion arena. Reunion arena was awesome!

Cry Havoc
05-02-2007, 10:09 AM
21 points, not 23...and it's also very encouraging from a different perspective that mavs went on a 15-0 run to stomp all over them and reduce their nine point lead to nothing

It's encouraging that you needed a 15-0 run to keep yourselves from going fishing in the first five games of the playoffs? :lmao

Cry Havoc
05-02-2007, 10:09 AM
The Maverick crowds were like that back when they first made the playoffs in mid-80's (after getting the team). It was really fun. The Mav crowds were good when they became decent again after the 90's but nothing compared to those 80's crowds at Reunion arena. Reunion arena was awesome!

Last night was one of the most unimpressive crowds I've heard for a #1 seed in a playoff game.

To the Mavs credit, they played through it.

monosylab1k
05-02-2007, 10:13 AM
Last night was one of the most unimpressive crowds I've heard for a #1 seed in a playoff game.

That crowd was more lively than I've ever seen before. I was at the game and it was deafening in there at many points. I think the crowd was just fine. Or at least significantly better than they've been.

MadDog73
05-02-2007, 10:16 AM
That crowd was more lively than I've ever seen before. I was at the game and it was deafening in there at many points. I think the crowd was just fine. Or at least significantly better than they've been.

So, were the commentators on TNT lying when they said it was "too quiet?"

I'm not doubting you, just curious.

(This was when Warriors had built up a nine point lead, before Dirk's first 3).

Islymore
05-02-2007, 10:18 AM
I thot it looked AWFULLY boring in the AAC too... and that was even during the 20 pt lead. But maybe the TV is misleading... but even the commentators on NBATV said it was awfully quiet...

DarrinS
05-02-2007, 10:22 AM

On TV, I saw a bunch of very quiet prople standing up, many of them with their fingers crossed. It only seemed lively at the beginning of the game and the end of the game.

degenerate_gambler
05-02-2007, 10:22 AM

To me they looked into it from the get go.

I thought they stood the entire 1st qtr and were pretty loud.

But obviously when your team blows a 21 pt lead you're gonna chill the cheering some.

Cry Havoc
05-02-2007, 10:24 AM

Any predictions on the nuthouse The Oracle will be for Game 6? :drunk :drunk :drunk

Dirk Nowitzki
05-02-2007, 03:24 PM
Keep fucking doubting the Mavs you scared ass Spurs fans! Man I cant wait to see this board down as hell once we win game 6/the series. :clap

lefty
05-02-2007, 03:25 PM

True

boutons_
05-02-2007, 03:30 PM
Nellie should know these things, but for the playoff-naive Warrior players, every game is a lesson.

I trust they have learned (OK, maybe not that dumbfuck SJax) from their 2 losses and not shoot themselves in the foot in Game6. Baron is their leader and activator. It's his series to lose.

Go Warriors Go

Go Oracle Arena Go

DDS4
05-02-2007, 03:36 PM
Mavs will have to play their best game in this series to force a game 7.

The home crowd in Oakland is gonna give the Warriors a lot of energy.

Mavtek
05-02-2007, 03:42 PM

Golden State played a C game?

Huhm they hit a record 16 3's, held Terry/Dirk/Howard to 39% shooting, caused the Mavs to miss several layups and offensive put backs, nearly matched the bigger mavs in rebounding and scored 110 points in 3.5 quarters. Yet, somehow you consider that to be a C game..........

I wonder what Pappavich would grade a game like that against the Mavs if the Spurs were the ones who did that? A+? A?

Here's how I saw it, the Warriors played nearly their best damn game of the series and shot nearly lights out, but they still lost. Can the Warriors do it again? Maybe, if they do I bet they do beat the Mavs. If they don't it's gonna go 7.

sprrs
05-02-2007, 05:01 PM
Golden State played a C game?

Huhm they hit a record 16 3's, held Terry/Dirk/Howard to 39% shooting, caused the Mavs to miss several layups and offensive put backs, nearly matched the bigger mavs in rebounding and scored 110 points in 3.5 quarters. Yet, somehow you consider that to be a C game..........

I wonder what Pappavich would grade a game like that against the Mavs if the Spurs were the ones who did that? A+? A?

Here's how I saw it, the Warriors played nearly their best damn game of the series and shot nearly lights out, but they still lost. Can the Warriors do it again? Maybe, if they do I bet they do beat the Mavs. If they don't it's gonna go 7.

Baron had a mediocre game and the refs were calling a tight game, frustratign them. Granted the Mavs were getting frustrated with the calls too, but the Warriors definitely could have played better from what I've seen in this series.

DarrinS
05-02-2007, 05:05 PM
Keep fucking doubting the Mavs you scared ass Spurs fans! Man I cant wait to see this board down as hell once we win game 6/the series. :clap

:sleep

DubMcDub
05-02-2007, 06:06 PM

Warriors will not be so lucky to make about 60% of their 3's (not including the crappy ones they had to jack up at the end when it was all but over).

mardigan
05-02-2007, 06:20 PM
I love your enthusiasim, but I hate your homerism. You can never admit ever when your team does wrong, and it makes you look like a dumb fan. I personally think the Mavs will advance, but dont think Spur fans are scared. Scared was having to play the Lakers with Shaq and Kobe, the Mavs dont come close. And Im sorry for calling you a cocksucker so many times last night, I was wasted.

dg7md
05-02-2007, 06:26 PM
Warriors will not be so lucky to make about 60% of their 3's (not including the crappy ones they had to jack up at the end when it was all but over).

Because they won't be down by 21.

DubMcDub
05-02-2007, 06:35 PM
Because they won't be down by 21.

I didn't say they would be. What's your point?

rasho8
05-02-2007, 06:48 PM

Why do you even bother posting when its the same post over and over? Its getting a little annoying... except for when you melt down and break the capslock key after your team loses.

Dirk Nowitzki
05-02-2007, 07:12 PM
Why do you even bother posting when its the same post over and over? Its getting a little annoying... except for when you melt down and break the capslock key after your team loses.

I have posted in threads non nba related before as well. When you talk shit about my team, you can bet your ass I am going to defend them.. I am a huge fucking homer, I will admit that. Until my team is beaten 4 times in the playoffs, I wont really say why we lost/ are losing the series. Miami beat us last year. Whether we choked or they outplayed us, we lost that series because they executed better down the stretch.I am so confident in my team and I am very emotional about them. I am sorry if I annoy you but I am not in the Spurs only section of this site just spamming the boards like amarelooms.

Dirk Nowitzki
05-02-2007, 07:14 PM
I love your enthusiasim, but I hate your homerism. You can never admit ever when your team does wrong, and it makes you look like a dumb fan. I personally think the Mavs will advance, but dont think Spur fans are scared. Scared was having to play the Lakers with Shaq and Kobe, the Mavs dont come close. And Im sorry for calling you a cocksucker so many times last night, I was wasted.

IF and I mean IF we lose this series or any series this year, I will be the first one to start giving reasons why we lost and I will give props to the other team. Miami beat us last year cuz they executed better down the stretch. I dont blame the refs for that like others do. Until we get that 4th loss, my faith wont die. I am a huge fucking homer. I admit that. But if we lose, I will give props.

edoubledwhy
05-02-2007, 07:30 PM
i know yall are big fans but really what have you seen to give you any reason to believe you stand a chance to win in oakland?? the mavs barely won game 5 at home blowing a 21 point lead, but eventually coming back in the last 3 minutes in a miracle 15-0 run.

the mavs have struggled all series long, and it ends in 6
nice season though... :rolleyes

Mavtek
05-02-2007, 10:48 PM
i know yall are big fans but really what have you seen to give you any reason to believe you stand a chance to win in oakland?? the mavs barely won game 5 at home blowing a 21 point lead, but eventually coming back in the last 3 minutes in a miracle 15-0 run.

the mavs have struggled all series long, and it ends in 6
nice season though... :rolleyes

I watched the Mavs quite possibly win against the best these bunch of Warriors could throw at them. I watched them lose game 4 because they made mistakes at the end of the game, the Warriors didn't win that game, the Mavs lost it. I watched Golden State erase a 21 point lead on what could only be called a miracle barrage of 3's, only to get cocky and overconfident at the end and lose their composure letting the Mavs right back in the game and beat them down. I've watched several of the Warriors lose their composure anytime they get down, or get up. Even if the Warriors do get a lead they seem to get cocky, sore winners we'll call it.

What I've seen is a Warriors team playing on Cloud 9, while at the same time never understanding what the word humble means. The Warriors have been on quite a streak of playing above themselves, and they peaked last night. If you don't believe it I'm willing to bet they won't have a game that good again for years.

Oh, and 1 other thing the Warriors have to beat.............. Karma........

It's going to be an interesting game tomorrow.

edoubledwhy
05-03-2007, 01:47 AM
I watched the Mavs quite possibly win against the best these bunch of Warriors could throw at them. I watched them lose game 4 because they made mistakes at the end of the game, the Warriors didn't win that game, the Mavs lost it. I watched Golden State erase a 21 point lead on what could only be called a miracle barrage of 3's, only to get cocky and overconfident at the end and lose their composure letting the Mavs right back in the game and beat them down. I've watched several of the Warriors lose their composure anytime they get down, or get up. Even if the Warriors do get a lead they seem to get cocky, sore winners we'll call it.

What I've seen is a Warriors team playing on Cloud 9, while at the same time never understanding what the word humble means. The Warriors have been on quite a streak of playing above themselves, and they peaked last night. If you don't believe it I'm willing to bet they won't have a game that good again for years.

Oh, and 1 other thing the Warriors have to beat.............. Karma........

It's going to be an interesting game tomorrow.

maybe the mavs lost it more than the warriors won it in game 4 but the same thing can be said about game 5, looked like the warriors tanked pretty bad to not make a single shot or even an attempt at the free throw line for over 3 minutes to end the game. but yeah this series has been the greatest thing for sports in the bay area for yearssss!

as far as the warriors being cocky i'd have to say its just a young team attemping to keep their confidence up. like the shirts they're giving out with "we believe" on it, the team has to psyche themselves up for it. handling playoff victories 'like they've been there before' just doesn't apply.

jman3000
05-03-2007, 01:53 AM
they also need to learn that when dirk has 3 fouls at the half... and he goes the entire 3rd quarter without picking one up... that they didn't take advantage of a golden opportunity to attack him.