PDA

View Full Version : Dirk was MVP worthy last night.

Jimcs50
05-02-2007, 08:12 AM
AJ's rhetorical jab at Dirk on Monday paid huge dividends.

Dallas was not only on the ropes, they were down on the canvas, they were dazed, the fans were heartbroken, the ref was giving them the count, their record breaking season was moot, and then Dirk lifted his team upon his shoulders. Dirk came up huge, his team came back from that 9 pt defecit in last 3 mins with a 15-0 run, and it was all Dirk.

Dirk had 12 points, key rebounds and a huge block all in the last 3 minutes.

Nice going, Dirk. :smokin

Hope you do not do that to our Spurs in WCFs.

degenerate_gambler
05-02-2007, 08:42 AM
do you swallow too?

VaSpursFan
05-02-2007, 09:01 AM
mvp's play hard the entire game...dirk drifted and then showed up in the final 3 mins. the true measure of his heart will be if he goes bonkers at the oracle, put his team on his shoulders and refuses to let his team lose.

hater
05-02-2007, 09:09 AM
he was lucky he got 2 3s just like in game 4. except mavs dodged the bullet last nite.

He dissapeared the whole game though. Mavs should have blown out GS. no MVP fo you!

Jimcs50
05-02-2007, 09:17 AM
do you swallow too?

No, but I can put a fist into your mouth, if you like.

DarrinS
05-02-2007, 09:17 AM
He's should be making a lot more of those threes. Didn't he win the damn 3-pt contest?

Where he's really lacking is on the defensive side. He did have one really good block at the end of the game. For most of this series, he has played uninspired basketball. He played well in the last two minutes of the game last night.

ponky
05-02-2007, 09:25 AM
He's should be making a lot more of those threes. Didn't he win the damn 3-pt contest?

Where he's really lacking is on the defensive side. He did have one really good block at the end of the game. For most of this series, he has played uninspired basketball. He played well in the last two minutes of the game last night.

oh well, looking at the mvp winner the last two years, doesn't seem like that matters much anyway. i agree that dirk hasn't played that well in this series but dang, either give the mvp at the end of the regular season or don't give it at all, that's why there's a finals mvp. without last night's game i would've been embarrassed as hell if dirk won the mvp and i still want to see more from game six. if he scores something like 25-30 with 10+ boards, i won't fault him if we lose....i mean, he scored 50 against the warriors last season and the mavs still lost, shit happens and while it's been dirk's fault in this series, it's not always his fault.

Spurminator
05-02-2007, 09:27 AM
I was wondering where he disappeared to for the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half, but good finish. Still, the Mavs are going to need more from him in Game 6.

Borosai
05-02-2007, 09:29 AM
Howard was the better player.

degenerate_gambler
05-02-2007, 10:01 AM
Howard was the better player.

overall, yeah howard was.

But I thought Devin Harris' play in the 4th was the key last nite, not dirk so much.

MadDog73
05-02-2007, 10:09 AM
First off, it's regular season MVP. He's already won that.

Whether he's truly "MVP" worthy, I assume you mean Final (ie Playoffs) MVP?

That's yet to be decided... last night didn't do anything to raise my opinion of Dirk or the Mavs. They won a game where the Warriors went 0-8 in the last 3 minutes!

Now sure, Dirk's block was a big part of that, but not the only part. I think the lesson of last night for the Warriors is don't stop playing your type of basketball to run down the clock. Keep doing what you've been doing, and you'll win the series.

Oh, and to the OP's point, if it was AJ's doing, wouldn't have Dirk showed up sometime in the 2nd half before the last 2 minutes?!?

I think Dirk just likes playing Hero instead of MVP... but that's just my opinion.