PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Mavs Fans

LEONARD
05-02-2007, 09:25 AM
It appears that some Spurs fans are going to do their conspiracy / officiating / Stern bit after Mavs wins...

Ignore them and MAYBE they'll give it up...

ambchang
05-02-2007, 10:00 AM
On a related note, you can all come out now that the Mavs have won .... oh, wait, forget this, some posters I haven't seen in days have already started posting, my bad.

Findog
05-02-2007, 10:04 AM
On a related note, you can all come out now that the Mavs have won .... oh, wait, forget this, some posters I haven't seen in days have already started posting, my bad.

I was here yesterday. I can take the gloating and trashtalk. In any event, let's hope we get to hear fans of the other teams bitch about officiating for two more games. I wouldn't have it any other way.

We still have to win one more game on the road at San Quentin and that won't be easy.

monosylab1k
05-02-2007, 10:06 AM

Leonard's been here every day, what the fuck are you talking about? the majority of Mavs fans have been posting every day, there's a few that have disappeared but most of us are all here. what board have you been at?

LEONARD
05-02-2007, 10:06 AM

:lol

How is that a related note? :smokin

MadDog73
05-02-2007, 10:18 AM
Mavs fans sure are cocky this morning... ;)

monosylab1k
05-02-2007, 10:20 AM

not really, it's just irritating when every win is the result of a conspiracy.

LEONARD
05-02-2007, 10:22 AM

Cocky?? Explain??

I'm just pointing out the same thing that Spurs fans did after game 2...it's WEAK...

It's a lame bit...

Findog
05-02-2007, 10:24 AM

Far from it, if I had to put money on it, I don't think the Warriors are losing Game Six. That said, if it comes back to Dallas, I'd put my money on the Mavs for Game Seven.

DarrinS
05-02-2007, 10:28 AM
It appears that some Spurs fans are going to do their conspiracy / officiating / Stern bit after Mavs wins...

Ignore them and MAYBE they'll give it up...

No conspiracy, just highly coincidental that players who laugh and clap only get ejected in Dallas.

Mavs won the game fair and square, but I don't think the Mavs sent the psychological message to the Warriors that they wanted to. A blowout win would have been better for them. Dirk still has a little bit of that scared shitless look on his face. I think he may have about 75% of his confidence back.

MadDog73
05-02-2007, 10:32 AM
Oh, sorry. This thread was serious? I figured if LEONARD was serious, he would take his own advice and "Ignore them..."

But if you want a serious thread about why the Warriors lost last night:

The Warriors deserved to lose. They got out of their game, and blew a 9 point lead.

They again lost their cool, Davis got his 6th foul, Jackson got ejected... it was Game 2 all over again. Whether or not the Warriors win depends on them playing their game and keeping their composure in Oakland. They do that, they move to the 2nd round. They fail, they go fishing.

It really is as simple as that, it's not the ref's faults, Stern's fault, or the fan's fault...

Findog
05-02-2007, 10:32 AM
No conspiracy, just highly coincidental that players who laugh and clap only get ejected in Dallas.

Mavs won the game fair and square, but I don't think the Mavs sent the psychological message to the Warriors that they wanted to. A blowout win would have been better for them. Dirk still has a little bit of that scared shitless look on his face. I think he may have about 75% of his confidence back.

We went 31-10 on the road this year and we would've had G4 if not for those five fluke points by Davis at the end of the quarters. We can win in that building...Actually doing it is another matter. If we can come into your building in Game 7 and win, we can win at the Oracle. Won't be easy.

monosylab1k
05-02-2007, 10:33 AM

yeah but who else in the NBA is stupid enough to "laugh and clap" after the whole Duncan incident? Everyone realized that the Duncan incident was BS, but they also know not to fuck with the refs or do ANYTHING that could resemble mocking a ref.

only a true idiot like Stephen Jackson is stupid enough to repeatedly continue that sort of behavior while the rest of the NBA has wised up to it. Whether or not sarcastic clapping deserves a T or ejection is irrelevant - the refs aren't putting up with it and every other player in the NBA is smart enough not to do it, or at least not so blatantly.

DarrinS
05-02-2007, 10:35 AM
We went 31-10 on the road this year and we would've had G4 if not for those five fluke points by Davis at the end of the quarters. We can win in that building...Actually doing it is another matter. If we can come into your building in Game 7 and win, we can win at the Oracle. Won't be easy.

That game is going to be f'ing crazy. Dirk is going to have to DEMAND the ball. If he starts cold, he needs to just keep shooting. I saw periods of time last night where his own teammates didn't want to pass him the ball.

On the defensive side, Dallas needs to employ rule#1 of defense. Stop the ball! There are still WAY too many uncontested layups.

DarrinS
05-02-2007, 10:37 AM
yeah but who else in the NBA is stupid enough to "laugh and clap" after the whole Duncan incident? Everyone realized that the Duncan incident was BS, but they also know not to fuck with the refs or do ANYTHING that could resemble mocking a ref.

only a true idiot like Stephen Jackson is stupid enough to repeatedly continue that sort of behavior while the rest of the NBA has wised up to it. Whether or not sarcastic clapping deserves a T or ejection is irrelevant - the refs aren't putting up with it and every other player in the NBA is smart enough not to do it, or at least not so blatantly.

As long as it's not game changing, I don't really care. The ejection of SJax didn't change the game, IMO.

By the way, you still want that Dirk-KG trade to happen?

MadDog73
05-02-2007, 10:43 AM
The ejection of Jackson didn't change the game, true. BUT I do believe it is indicative of an immature team that falls apart when things don't go their way.

I'm not counting the Warriors out, of course. They still have the advantage. But, the loss last night does show their weaknesses.

mabber
05-02-2007, 10:44 AM

No doubt. If the Mavs win a game it's because the refs gave it to them. I can't even recall the last time the Mavs won a game where the majority of this board gave them any credit for it. I understand that it's a Spur's forum but every once in awhile the Mavs actually win a game w/o Cuban paying off the refs :rolleyes

Findog
05-02-2007, 10:44 AM
That game is going to be f'ing crazy. Dirk is going to have to DEMAND the ball. If he starts cold, he needs to just keep shooting. I saw periods of time last night where his own teammates didn't want to pass him the ball.

On the defensive side, Dallas needs to employ rule#1 of defense. Stop the ball! There are still WAY too many uncontested layups.

I still don't understand why Avery won't play his regular rotation. Part of Dirk's struggles is being put in at the center position without an adequate help defender to protect the rim. He's playing at spots on the floor that he didn't have to for 82 games and it shows.

It's kind of pick your poison: Trap and double Davis to get the ball out of his hands and the Warriors have some pretty choice looks from behind the arc. Your rotations have to be perfect to do that. Play straight up without Dampier in there, and our guys can't keep Davis in front of him and there's nobody back to protect the rim.

Diop just completely changes the dimensions of this series when he's in there. He totally disrupts what the Warriors try to do. I would like to see his +/- for the series. The positives for us right now is that we controlled the tempo in G4, we have FINALLY adjusted to the speed of the Warriors 4 games in, we just choked it away down the stretch and Davis had those two fluke plays. I kinda feel like we're due for a road win...

Golden State has no interior defense either. I can live with letting them eat or starve at the three-point line. They're going to chuck up a bunch of them anyway. What you don't want is incessant penetration by Davis making those shot opportunities any easier.

We can get a layup line going and get their bigs into foul trouble. It's how we got that lead last night and they had to shoot lights out to climb back into it. It's troubling that we let them back into it last night after jumping on them early, but they're no different than Phoenix in that you can never let up.

monosylab1k
05-02-2007, 10:45 AM
By the way, you still want that Dirk-KG trade to happen?

Dirk had a great clutch performance, but he's FAR from out of my doghouse. It's great that he did what he did, but how about showing some of that in the first 4 games? He's still the reason we're down 3-2 to the 8 seed, and if we lose this series, or even the next one, my Dump Dirk campaign will continue on.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-02-2007, 10:47 AM
how do you guys feel about your chances in game 6?

Findog
05-02-2007, 10:48 AM

50/50.

Islymore
05-02-2007, 10:49 AM
He's not out of my doghouse either MONO. I still am willing to trade him for a Championship trophy...

edit:

and I'm 50/50 on G6 too. I think if the Mavs come out 1rst qt like they did this last game, then they will alarm GS. Not necessarily a lot but they will put a lil concern in them. And if they keep trappin BD like they did, SUCCESSFULLY, then I think that will cause more concern. If they fall apart like they did in the final minutes of the game(GS), then the Mavs will pull it. I just hope GS' emotions doesnt get them too amped and things get outta control. Dirk needs to get to the line, drive it, and take good open looks. And the Mavs could win. But they gotta keep GS from hitting any 3 from anywhere on the arc whenever they feel like it or at least try!

"We dont like them and they dont like us." - Matt Barnes...

monosylab1k
05-02-2007, 10:50 AM

i still haven't seen my team show up for 48 minutes. i don't see them winning game 6 but they certainly have shown the potential to do it, and even to beat the hell out of them.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-02-2007, 10:53 AM
well, even if you do drop game 6 at least the fans got one hell of a home closer.......for whatever that's worth

The crowd will be huge but GS can't expect the crowd to win the game for them like they thought they would for a huge chunk of game four

mabber
05-02-2007, 10:54 AM

I'm about 50/50 as well. I'm certain the Mavs will show up. I'm just not certain if the Warriors will feel any pressure or not. If they don't and they shoot like they did last night then the Mavs are in big trouble. It's tough to beat a team that shoots 46% from beyond the arc on 35 attempts.

DarrinS
05-02-2007, 10:55 AM
Golden State has no interior defense either. I can live with letting them eat or starve at the three-point line. They're going to chuck up a bunch of them anyway. What you don't want is incessant penetration by Davis making those shot opportunities any easier.

The key to beating them, IMO, is keeping Davis out of the paint. They need to try to shut him down as much as possible and make the other GS players beat you.

MadDog73
05-02-2007, 10:56 AM
Dirk had a great clutch performance, but he's FAR from out of my doghouse. It's great that he did what he did, but how about showing some of that in the first 4 games? He's still the reason we're down 3-2 to the 8 seed, and if we lose this series, or even the next one, my Dump Dirk campaign will continue on.

So, if the Mavs get swept by the Spurs in the WCF, Dirk is safe?

Just askin'. :hat

Amuseddaysleeper
05-02-2007, 10:57 AM
I think Avery needs to double team the hell out of Baron the entire game 6

monosylab1k
05-02-2007, 10:59 AM
So, if the Mavs get swept by the Spurs in the WCF, Dirk is safe?

Just askin'. :hat

there's only two possible outcomes this postseason for me to eat crow and admit that Dirk is capable of leading his team to a title -

1. winning a title (obviously)
2. losing a very closely contested series to San Antonio

losing to anybody else is inexcusable. and getting destroyed by San Antonio is inexcusable as well.

Islymore
05-02-2007, 11:00 AM
i dont think DIRK will ever be safe - being the superstar on this team. anytime the Mavs choke, fail, lose - Dirk tends to take the brunt of the comments from fans/commentators/coaches/players.

then again - alot of the times when the Mavs choke, fail, lose - it is bc the superstar on the team didnt show up... so....

Cry Havoc
05-02-2007, 11:18 AM
Nice posts in this thread. It's good to see. =)

01Snake
05-02-2007, 11:19 AM

It wasn't a conspiracy. The Warriors CHOKED!

Findog
05-02-2007, 11:27 AM
The key to beating them, IMO, is keeping Davis out of the paint. They need to try to shut him down as much as possible and make the other GS players beat you.

I'd zone and force the Warriors to shoot over it. They're going to make some threes no matter what, they attempt a ton, but that's not what's going to lose us this series.

If nothing else, why not bring Dampier in for 6 hard fouls in 15 minutes? This isn't the ideal series for him, he was brought here for Yao, Shaq and Duncan, but he can contribute to this team, and with Harrington MIA, I don't see why we need to keep Damp off the floor. The Warriors are not a good free-throw shooting team, and you can physically grind on a smallball team if you continually knock them to the floor. I'm not talking about flagrant fouls or trying to hurt guys, but championship teams exert a physical price for coming into the paint. I don't understand why Avery won't use Willis and his 6 fouls for 5-8 minutes.

Aside from Wade and the refs, a big part of why we lost that series to Miami is the physical punishment they doled out for daring to drive to the rim. After a while, you subconsciously settle for jumpers. Golden State made some ridiculous HORSE shots last night, but I can live with that kind of shot selection. They, on the other hand, don't have the interior defenders to punish us for going to the hoop. Hopefully Avery will replay the film of how we got that 21 point lead and how we lost it as well.

** Actually couldn't you bring in Ager, Willis and Damp for Hack a Biedrins? He's been killing us on those slash and cuts to the basket. I'd love to get him out of there and force them to put Harrington back in. I can't believe Avery hasn't tried this...your end of the bench guys are there for fouls and nothing else.

DarrinS
05-02-2007, 11:33 AM
^ Bringing in Kevin Willis is a good idea. I think he brings the right kind of enforcer attitude that's been missing.

Findog
05-02-2007, 11:35 AM
^ Bringing in Kevin Willis is a good idea. I think he brings the right kind of enforcer attitude that's been missing.

I seriously want to see them come down and hack the shit out of Biedrins once they get into the penalty, or put a smaller guy like George or Buck on him and hack him on any shot attempt if Nellie tries to exploit that mismatch. Put that motherfucker on the FT line and don't let the Warriors run their offense until Nellie subs in Harrington for him.

monosylab1k
05-02-2007, 11:35 AM
Actually couldn't you bring in Ager, Willis and Damp for Hack a Biedrins?

problem with this is that he's actually making his free throws.

monosylab1k
05-02-2007, 11:38 AM
I seriously want to see them come down and hack the shit out of Biedrins once they get into the penalty, or put a smaller guy like George or Buck on him and hack him on any shot attempt if Nellie tries to exploit that mismatch. Put that motherfucker on the FT line and don't let the Warriors run their offense until Nellie subs in Harrington for him.

I dunno...if you're just saying to hack him to make sure he doesn't score and make him earn it at the line, then i agree....but if we're talking about playing Hack-A-Biedrins, then i'd rather not do it. I have yet to see a single case of when Hack-A-Shaq or Hack-A-Ben or Hack-A-Whatever actually works. It tends to throw both offenses off their rhythm.

Findog
05-02-2007, 11:39 AM
problem with this is that he's actually making his free throws.

Even if he is, once they get into the penalty, or Avery puts a smaller defender on him that the Warriors try to exploit, Golden State can't run their offense until Nellie subs him out. He's a bad free throw shooter, the more attempts you give him, the more that will be borne out. I'd rather have him hit 75% of his free throws that let Richardson, Davis, Barnes and Jackson make it rain from three-point land. And again, if everytime the come down the floor, play has to stop for Biedrins to shoot FTs instead of being able to run their offense, it doesn't allow them to get into a rhythm of get out and run.

* Point taken on both offenses, but this suits Dallas more than Golden State. The Warriors like to get out and run, or chuck up threes in transition before the defense has set up. We're better at executing the halfcourt set.

monosylab1k
05-02-2007, 11:40 AM
Even if he is, once they get into the penalty, or Avery puts a smaller defender on him that the Warriors try to exploit, Golden State can't run their offense until Nellie subs him out. He's a bad free throw shooter, the more attempts you give him, the more that will be borne out. I'd rather have him hit 75% of his free throws that let Richardson, Davis, Barnes and Jackson make it rain from three-point land. And again, if everytime the come down the floor, play has to stop for Biedrins to shoot FTs instead of being able to run their offense, it doesn't allow them to get into a rhythm of get out and run.

yeah it may be worth a shot. desperate times call for desperate measures. if this team would just play hard for 48 minutes they'll win by 20.

mabber
05-02-2007, 11:45 AM

It tells you how poorly Harrington is playing if Nellie is playing a center that can't shoot from beyond 5 feet. Can you imagine how much that must kill Nellie to do?

mardigan
05-02-2007, 11:46 AM
The Warriors played like shit down the stretch for sure, but there were some definate questionable calls down the stretch. S-Jax shouldnt have been ejected even though the game was over at that point, and even the 6th foul on Baron was bullshit. Before that, harris got a and 1 call on Baron for his 5th foul that was bullshit. The Mavs def earned the win and Dirk played well down the stretch, but the refs did make some really bad calls.
On a side note I am starting to hate Harris more than any player who has ever played in the NBA.

monosylab1k
05-02-2007, 11:47 AM
The Warriors played like shit down the stretch for sure, but there were some definate questionable calls down the stretch. S-Jax shouldnt have been ejected even though the game was over at that point, and even the 6th foul on Baron was bullshit. Before that, harris got a and 1 call on Baron for his 5th foul that was bullshit. The Mavs def earned the win and Dirk played well down the stretch, but the refs did make some really bad calls.
On a side note I am starting to hate Harris more than any player who has ever played in the NBA.

if we're talking bullshit fouls lets not forget that the Mavs got raped by the refs the entire 3rd quarter and start of the 4th.

Islymore
05-02-2007, 11:49 AM
yeah it may be worth a shot. desperate times call for desperate measures. if this team would just play hard for 48 minutes they'll win by 20.

THE WHOLE TEAM, not just Dirk showing up in the final mins, Josh playin an excellent 1rst half. EVERYBODY needs to show up to win for 48 mins, defensive mindsets in place, offensive shots taken when the look is good... Not tryna play at GS' pace but set a Mav pace with good rhythm and no stupid fouls!!! And we might get the W in GS.

mabber
05-02-2007, 11:52 AM
The Warriors played like shit down the stretch for sure, but there were some definate questionable calls down the stretch. S-Jax shouldnt have been ejected even though the game was over at that point, and even the 6th foul on Baron was bullshit. Before that, harris got a and 1 call on Baron for his 5th foul that was bullshit. The Mavs def earned the win and Dirk played well down the stretch, but the refs did make some really bad calls. On a side note I am starting to hate Harris more than any player who has ever played in the NBA.

There were some bad calls both ways. I can't recall too many playoff games where there weren't bad calls both ways.

While I don't agree with the league deciding that clapping at a ref's call against your team is grounds for a technical, it's the way it is so he should have received it. It's been explained to all the players that this will get you a technical. Nellie was so pissed off (since he told SJax he couldn't do that) that he's fining him.

Bottom line, you may not agree with rationale behind the technical but the league has made that call so he should have received the technical.

mardigan
05-02-2007, 11:52 AM
if we're talking bullshit fouls lets not forget that the Mavs got raped by the refs the entire 3rd quarter and start of the 4th.
Yea, I guess your right, but those calls didnt change the game as much as throwing Baron out, which were really the only calls i really hated

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/sethhoward/b4685f0a-212f-4e1b-814f-bec178076ab.jpg
I hate this guy so much, its all Ive been thinking about at work all morning

MadDog73
05-02-2007, 12:01 PM
mardigan - don't hate the Mavericks. They're a good team. Not as good as the Spurs, but, who is? ;)

mardigan
05-02-2007, 12:05 PM
mardigan - don't hate the Mavericks. They're a good team. Not as good as the Spurs, but, who is? ;)
I don t hate the mavs, I just hate Cuban, Stackhouse, Dirk,Terry, and Fieval goes west Harris

florige
05-02-2007, 12:12 PM
There were some bad calls both ways. I can't recall too many playoff games where there weren't bad calls both ways.

While I don't agree with the league deciding that clapping at a ref's call against your team is grounds for a technical, it's the way it is so he should have received it. It's been explained to all the players that this will get you a technical. Nellie was so pissed off (since he told SJax he couldn't do that) that he's fining him.

Bottom line, you may not agree with rationale behind the technical but the league has made that call so he should have received the technical.

Most of the Mavs fans on here seem to be pretty fair, and unbiased. I just really hate the flops and things by Dirk and that punk Harris. I guess the same way you guys hate Manu huh?

MadDog73
05-02-2007, 12:14 PM
I don t hate the mavs, I just hate Cuban, Stackhouse, Dirk,Terry, and Fieval goes west Harris
:spin

I only hate Cuban....

I can't hate Dirk, he hasn't done anything to warrant my hate. :toast

mardigan
05-02-2007, 12:17 PM
Most of the Mavs fans on here seem to be pretty fair, and unbiased. I just really hate the flops and things by Dirk and that punk Harris. I guess the same way you guys hate Manu huh?
Manu doesnt flop at nearly the rate Harris does, its almost immposivle for me to watch a game that he plays in. He really disgraces the game of basketball as far as Im concerned. I hate all flopping in general, yes even when Manu does it.

florige
05-02-2007, 12:28 PM
Manu doesnt flop at nearly the rate Harris does, its almost immposivle for me to watch a game that he plays in. He really disgraces the game of basketball as far as Im concerned. I hate all flopping in general, yes even when Manu does it.

Yeah, and while Manu does flop alot, he also gets hammered alot as well. I even hate when that big Dirk goes flopping around and gets up pumping his fist. Man up and play freakin basketball! It's like when things start to go sour lets start flopping around. Bullcrap! Even from Manu.....

Trainwreck2100
05-02-2007, 12:29 PM

I seem to recall a goose egg being laid in Miami from games 2-5. So they are more than capable of losing this one.

LEONARD
05-02-2007, 12:31 PM
In the grand scheme of things, b-ball players are huge pussies...seriously...

mabber
05-02-2007, 12:33 PM

I don't hate Manu. I don't blame him for trying to draw a foul (it's smart basketball). That's all Harris is trying to do. Hating a player for trying to do what they are coached to do is kinda silly don't you think? In regards to Harris...he's just trying to get playing time. Avery tells him that if he can draw a few charges a game then he'll get more playing time. Avery and the coaches teach him the best way to draw the foul and he (just like Manu) goes out an tries to execute it. As I mentioned above, it's ridiculous to hate the player for doing this.

mardigan
05-02-2007, 12:36 PM

I don't hate Manu. I don't blame him for trying to draw a foul (it's smart basketball). That's all Harris is trying to do. Hating a player for trying to do what they are coached to do is kinda silly don't you think? In regards to Harris...he's just trying to get playing time. Avery tells him that if he can draw a few charges a game then he'll get more playing time. Avery and the coaches teach him the best way to draw the foul and he (just like Manu) goes out an tries to execute it. As I mentioned above, it's ridiculous to hate the player for doing this.
Oh I dont only hate him for flopping, although its a big part. He whines more than any player in the league not on the SPurs. He always makes these faces like he was robbed by the refs. He flops so much that at times he becomes a defensive liability, he will take a flop and his man will just score.He lays on the floor covering his eyes everytime he doesnt get a charge call. His point guard skills are horrible, he cant shoot for shit, and he looks like Fieval, other than those things though hes ok

mabber
05-02-2007, 12:39 PM
Oh I dont only hate him for flopping, although its a big part. He whines more than any player in the league not on the SPurs. He always makes these faces like he was robbed by the refs. He flops so much that at times he becomes a defensive liability, he will take a flop and his man will just score.He lays on the floor covering his eyes everytime he doesnt get a charge call. His point guard skills are horrible, he cant shoot for shit, and he looks like Fieval, other than those things though hes ok

Do you hate Duncan for this cuz he makes the exact same faces, etc. :lol

Findog
05-02-2007, 12:45 PM
I seem to recall a goose egg being laid in Miami from games 2-5. So they are more than capable of losing this one.

Didn't I say that as well?

mardigan
05-02-2007, 12:54 PM
You know I cant hate Duncan being a Spurs fan, and I already brought the Spurs players up, but if I wasnt a Spur fan, I would probably dislike Timmy and Manu very, very much.

mabber
05-02-2007, 01:07 PM
You know I cant hate Duncan being a Spurs fan, and I already brought the Spurs players up, but if I wasnt a Spur fan, I would probably dislike Timmy and Manu very, very much.

At least you're honest. In my old age, I've gotten past hating other teams and their players for the most part. I still marvel at the incredible ignorance (see SJax) of some players though. Jackson's post game interview last night was priceless. I pretty much give players passes for lapses in judgement during competition. I base a lot of my opinions on how they respond verbally afterwards.

ambchang
05-02-2007, 01:18 PM
Leonard's been here every day, what the fuck are you talking about? the majority of Mavs fans have been posting every day, there's a few that have disappeared but most of us are all here. what board have you been at?
This board, and I was talking to those bandwaggon Mav fans, so no need to be so testy. I would have thought that you would enjoy poking fun at those spineless bastards.

monosylab1k
05-02-2007, 01:25 PM
This board, and I was talking to those bandwaggon Mav fans, so no need to be so testy. I would have thought that you would enjoy poking fun at those spineless bastards.

well sorry for the misunderstanding then, i thought you were talking about mavs fans in general. i think the majority of regular mavs posters here have shown up through thick and thin though.

florige
05-02-2007, 01:28 PM

Hate is a strong word, just don't like the way he plays. It goes back to the whole rivalry thing I guess. Have to have one or two players on the team that you really just don't like.

samikeyp
05-02-2007, 01:40 PM

I agree...there were some Mavs fans saying the same thing during the Finals.

Conspiracy therories are the ignorant fan's way of justifying their particular teams misfortune.

mabber
05-02-2007, 01:40 PM
Hate is a strong word, just don't like the way he plays. It goes back to the whole rivalry thing I guess. Have to have one or two players on the team that you really just don't like.

That's one of my problems, I really don't have a problem with any of the Spurs players. SJax is the only guy on the Warriors that I could do without.

FromWayDowntown
05-02-2007, 01:51 PM

I hate it when Duncan does that; though in these playoffs, he's certainly not done that much at all. He had the one glare at Bill Kennedy on Monday night when Camby very clearly fouled him and there were no calls whatsoever going Tim's way, but beyond that, he's just shut up and played.

What I find amusing, though, is that some Mavs fans will complain about Tim's complaining and his looks at officials and argue that those things are just hideous, while completely ignoring the fact that Devin Harris -- Devin freakin' Harris -- is just as bad, if not worse.

I think I've been pretty clear with my position around here that blaming losses on officiating is weak. Like mikey said above, it's weak when Spurs fans do it with regard to Mavericks wins (against the Spurs or any other team) and it was weak when Mavs fans did it during last year's Finals. It's okay, I think, to complain about particular calls having been incorrect, but blaming losses on incorrect calls is ridiculous.

hater
05-02-2007, 01:54 PM
attention mav fans:
you'all are done after game 6. have a nice summer!

mabber
05-02-2007, 02:06 PM
I hate it when Duncan does that; though in these playoffs, he's certainly not done that much at all. He had the one glare at Bill Kennedy on Monday night when Camby very clearly fouled him and there were no calls whatsoever going Tim's way, but beyond that, he's just shut up and played.

What I find amusing, though, is that some Mavs fans will complain about Tim's complaining and his looks at officials and argue that those things are just hideous, while completely ignoring the fact that Devin Harris -- Devin freakin' Harris -- is just as bad, if not worse.

I think I've been pretty clear with my position around here that blaming losses on officiating is weak. Like mikey said above, it's weak when Spurs fans do it with regard to Mavericks wins (against the Spurs or any other team) and it was weak when Mavs fans did it during last year's Finals. It's okay, I think, to complain about particular calls having been incorrect, but blaming losses on incorrect calls is ridiculous.

Yeah, Harris is the worst on the Mavs at doing that. At least he doesn't take it too far and get technical fouls called on him. Dirk still complains some as does D.George. Those are the main culprits on Dallas.

FromWayDowntown
05-02-2007, 02:09 PM
Yeah, Harris is the worst on the Mavs at doing that. At least he doesn't take it too far and get technical fouls called on him. Dirk still complains some as does D.George. Those are the main culprits on Dallas.

The whole lot of them were really bad last night.

Islymore
05-02-2007, 03:27 PM
Stack's pretty bad with it too... I have noticed that Josh hasnt been as vocal with the refs, he might ask about the call, but I havent seen him linger too long this year.

DarrinS
05-02-2007, 03:31 PM
A lot of players whine about calls, but Harris takes it to a new level with his facial expressions.

dav4463
05-02-2007, 03:35 PM
Mavericks were lucky to escape with a win last night. Terry is still a thug. Nowitski threw up prayers that were answered, he certainly wasn't dominant. Harris played out of his mind for a 3 minute stretch and the Warriors blew a 9 point lead by playing stupid. All this against an 8 seed ! If the mavs don't get the same calls in Oakland that they get in Dallas, there is a good chance they don't win the game. Dallas needs their 35+ free throw attempts in every game to win. Dirk is a big soft jump shooter and gets to go to the line 15 times.....laughable!

monosylab1k
05-02-2007, 03:36 PM
the Warriors blew a 9 point lead by playing stupid.

and the Mavericks didn't blow a 21 point lead by playing stupid?

dav4463
05-02-2007, 03:43 PM
That's what I'm saying. You can't play like that on the road and expect to win. If you don't get as many calls on the road you may not win. If the Warriors shoot 36 free throws and the mavs only get 26, then the Warriors probably win.

ATXSPUR
05-02-2007, 03:49 PM

How is that different from 24/7?

ponky
05-02-2007, 03:53 PM
well, even if you do drop game 6 at least the fans got one hell of a home closer.......for whatever that's worth

The crowd will be huge but GS can't expect the crowd to win the game for them like they thought they would for a huge chunk of game four

you're right about that. i will be pissed about game six if we don't win but i was very happy to have been able to go to game five (i don't have game seven tix) and see the mavs play hard and i had a great time at the game. i expect to win game six but if we don't, i still expect dirk to have a great game (he had 50 against the warriors last season and we lost) to at least redeem himself a bit more.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-02-2007, 06:44 PM

Ignore them and MAYBE they'll give it up...shame on those spurs fans posting on spurstalk.com

what a http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/donkey.gif

i