PDA

View Full Version : If Dallas wins this series, will they be out of sync

Phil Hellmuth
05-02-2007, 10:53 AM
once they face houston?

MadDog73
05-02-2007, 10:54 AM
No. They'll be confident and it will be a new series.

Rockets (or Jazz) don't stand a chance against Dallas.

mabber
05-02-2007, 10:55 AM
once they face houston?

I'd love to find out.

DarrinS
05-02-2007, 11:09 AM
This series for them is kindof like the Kings series for us last year (only 10x worse). They'll definitely be tired, but, unlike last year, they're not going to have to face a team as good as the Spurs or Suns in the Semis.

ThomasGranger
05-02-2007, 11:18 AM
No, they will be battle hardened, as will the Spurs after toughing it out against the Nuggets and Suns.

Findog
05-02-2007, 11:20 AM
once they face houston?

First things first. Two more W's against the W's.

degenerate_gambler
05-02-2007, 11:20 AM
once they face houston?

they'll probably bitchslap the rockets

florige
05-02-2007, 12:16 PM
once they face houston?

Man Dallas will destroy either Houston or Utah. They may manage to get a game on them. I prefer if they got Houston though. I really prefer GS to finish them off tommorow.

Fabbs
05-02-2007, 12:18 PM
Just like Dallas was gonna *bitchslap* and roll Golden State in 4 or 5 games.

boutons_
05-02-2007, 03:42 PM
If Mavs win this series, nobody will be able seriously to deny them respect.

Budkin
05-02-2007, 03:43 PM
Nope, they won't have matchup problems with anyone else. We could potentially beat them but Golden State is a special situation.

monosylab1k
05-02-2007, 03:43 PM
If Mavs win this series, nobody will be able seriously to deny them respect.

falling 3-1 to the 8 seed and having to claw their way back to a series victory deserves no respect.

and i really don't see it happening anyways.

ATXSPUR
05-02-2007, 03:47 PM
It doesnt matter.

nuggets and suns > warriors and rockets/jazz

therefore advantage spurs in the wcfs.

see you in a couple of weeks mavs. and this is going to happen. GS lost their psychological edge and are not a smart enough team to close out a series. Dallas wins this series.

dallasmavsnfuego214
05-02-2007, 03:59 PM
i think we will destroy Houston if we advance

Golden State is the only team in the league that gave us a bunch of problems during the regular season. which is why we shouldnt be talking about advancing yet.

dallasmavsnfuego214
05-02-2007, 04:02 PM
It doesnt matter.

nuggets and suns > warriors and rockets/jazz

therefore advantage spurs in the wcfs.

i dont think Nuggets>Warriors. Warriors won 9 of the last 10 games leading up to the playoffs. most of the games were over by halftime too. they are as hot as it gets, including a win over the Suns. not saying they are better but not too much worse. look at how they are playing in the series too. you cant say the Nuggets are better

BeerIsGood!
05-02-2007, 04:17 PM
The Nuggets play a completely different style of basketball from the Warriors, and I think they would have given Dallas problems as well with their physicality and scoring ability. If Dirk thinks the Warriors are bodying him, imagine the Thuggets assaulting him the way they've done TD in the series.

degenerate_gambler
05-02-2007, 04:19 PM
imagine the Thuggets assaulting him the way they've done TD in the series.

talk about a parade to the free throw line..

mardigan
05-02-2007, 04:20 PM
falling 3-1 to the 8 seed and having to claw their way back to a series victory deserves no respect.and i really don't see it happening anyways.
I couldnt agree with this more, everyone seems to have already forgoten that they are playing an 8th seed. This series has tired them mentally and physically, and showed many chinks in their armor. If they do pull this series out they will get no more respect from me as the Pistons got for beating the Magic, which was none. If your a 1 seed your supposed to beat the 8th seed, no respect given for that. And btw, I dont know how people are already looking past whoever gets out of the Utah Houston series. Both teams could give the Mavs problems especially with how much energy they have had to exert against the Warriors

ElNono
05-02-2007, 04:23 PM
To add to that, last I checked this was supposed to be a sweep... and it almost was! :lol

MadDog73
05-02-2007, 05:02 PM
falling 3-1 to the 8 seed and having to claw their way back to a series victory deserves no respect.

and i really don't see it happening anyways.

Bullshit. Quit looking at the seeds.

If Dallas can pull this off, even I will respect them. (just not their asshole owner)

And I don't think the Rockets or Jazz have much of a chance against either the Warriors or the Mavs.

E20
05-02-2007, 05:05 PM
The Warrriors aren't a number 8 seed. They had injuries to several players and half way through the season made a trade that completely changed their team. The second half of the season the Warriors were playing like they were a 4/5 seed, maybe even a 3.

mardigan
05-02-2007, 05:07 PM
Bullshit. Quit looking at the seeds.

If Dallas can pull this off, even I will respect them. (just not their asshole owner)

And I don't think the Rockets or Jazz have much of a chance against either the Warriors or the Mavs.
Its kind of hard to not look at seeds when no number 8 seed has ever beat a number 1 seed in a 7 game series. Its not bullshit, the Mavs will get no respect for beating this team. You can bring up matchups, or Nellie, or whatever you want. Bottom line is the Mavs were the best team this year by far, regardless who they played in the 1st round they should have won. No respect regardless of the outcome

dallaskd
05-02-2007, 05:07 PM

DubMcDub
05-02-2007, 05:17 PM
I think it's a stupid as hell argument to say that a team needing to "come back" in some way or another to beat an inferior team is not worthy of respect.

Every team on the NBA is loaded with amazing professional athletes. Some teams are clearly better than others but any time a team is pushed to the brink and comes back to win, it's impressive. I don't care if its the Mavs coming back against the Warriors in this series, the Spurs coming back against Portland in March/April when they were down like 8 with a minute left, or dozens of other examples where it's happened.

Showing that kind of refuse-to-die mentality is always worthy of respect.

ATXSPUR
05-02-2007, 05:35 PM
it is funny how every year the 8th seed seems to be "not your average 8th seed"

DubMcDub
05-02-2007, 05:37 PM
it is funny how every year the 8th seed seems to be "not your average 8th seed"

I think the probability of an 8 seed being a bit better than their seeding is higher than with any other seed, because a lot of times you have the situation like with GS this year or SAC last year where a team is pretty damn bad, makes a trade, then becomes pretty good.

So then the average of starting poorly and finishing well tends to land them right around the middle of the conference, hence the 8th seed.

ambchang
05-02-2007, 05:55 PM
I actually think the Rockets match up with the Mavs quite well. Shane Battier and McGrady can both guard Dirk, and Yao and Hayes will present some big problems for them. Of course, the Mavs will kill the Rockets on the perimeter and even out the interior advantage the Rockets have.