PDA

View Full Version : No suspensions?

SpursDynasty
05-02-2007, 12:23 PM
No announcement has been made yet on any suspensions for Jackson or Richardson...what's the deal?

monosylab1k
05-02-2007, 12:23 PM
No announcement has been made yet on any suspensions for Jackson or Richardson...what's the deal?

are you scared that you won't have a built-in excuse if GS loses game 6?

LEONARD
05-02-2007, 12:25 PM
Good thread Jeff...thanks!!

fucking idiot...

YoMamaIsCallin
05-02-2007, 12:26 PM
From ESPN Insider (Mark Stein):

Game 5 Incident Reportby: Marc Stein
posted: Wednesday, May 2, 2007

DALLAS -- It has to be the leading candidate for Best Game of Round 1: Dallas 118, Golden State 112.

So what could spoil the mood heading into Thursday's massive Game 6?

League discipline, of course.

Here's hoping both teams are full strength Thursday for such an important one, but we've got a couple situations to monitor after Tuesday's roller-coaster Game 5 in Big D:

• NBA observers in the building interviewed multiple spectators after the game about an alleged tangle between Golden State's Jason Richardson and a Mavs fan sitting across from the Dallas bench. Richardson fell after a shot and tempers appeared to flare when the Warriors' swingman felt he was being impeded as he tried to get up to rejoin the game. Because the Mavs' fan filed a report with NBA security, league officials are expected to review the incident.

• Golden State's Stephen Jackson was kicked out with 8.9 seconds to play to make it two ejections for Jackson in the Warriors' two losses in this series. Jackson maintains he was unfairly expelled this time for clapping -- the same offense that got Baron Davis ejected from Game 2 -- but it remains to be seen whether the league plans to tack on a penalty in addition to Don Nelson's postgame vow to fine his primary Dirk Nowitzki defender "a substantial amount." NBA commissioner David Stern said Friday in Oakland, after Jackson was fined $50,000 for his first ejection and mostly for not leaving the court in a timely manner, that Jackson's past transgressions didn't factor into the punishment. "But the next one will," Stern added.

PS -- Dallas' Jason Terry shoving Baron Davis near the Warriors' bench might get a look as well, since it received plenty of TV time after the game, but a few folks who have seen the replay (I haven't yet) insist there was a flop involved.

SpursDynasty
05-02-2007, 12:27 PM
Good thread Jeff...thanks!!

fucking idiot...

Warriors up 3-2. Don't be mad. Sore losers just embarass themselves.

mabber
05-02-2007, 12:37 PM
If last year's playoffs are any indication, we won't find out about any suspensions until late afternoon. I recall that was the time we found out about JETS, Stacks & DBenga's suspension (separate incidents).

Shank
05-02-2007, 12:39 PM
"But the next one will," Stern added.

Maybe shooting at cars around a strip club CAN come back to haunt you. Who would have thought it?

LEONARD
05-02-2007, 12:39 PM

LOL...you got me there...

You post quality shit, as evidenced by the fact that even Spurs fans hate you...

Post another thread jinx'ing GS tonight...please!! :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-02-2007, 12:47 PM
Some of you guys are complete dicks. To answer the original question, any disciplinary rulings usually come out late in the day, or if they haven't decided by end of business today it will be announced early in the morning.

LEONARD
05-02-2007, 12:53 PM
Some of you guys are complete dicks. To answer the original question, any disciplinary rulings usually come out late in the day, or if they haven't decided by end of business today it will be announced early in the morning.

Are you a SpursDynasty fan?

monosylab1k
05-02-2007, 12:54 PM
Maybe shooting at cars around a strip club CAN come back to haunt you. Who would have thought it?

Best moment at the game last night was the guy who had the "I have a retraining order against Stephen Jackson" sign.

Findog
05-02-2007, 02:11 PM
Jackson and Terry will not be fined or suspended. Richardson's actions are still under review, per the SF chronicle...link is in the other thread

CubanMustGo
05-02-2007, 02:16 PM

True, but he's right about one thing - you ARE an idiot. We don't need to stoop to the level of Mav fan trolls but congratulations, you have done it.

sribb43
05-02-2007, 02:34 PM
I posted this in another thread

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/warriors/index?

Wednesday, May 02, 2007
The Morning After update: J-Rich under investigation, Jackson won't be fined or suspended

Here's the latest as of Tuesday afternoon from American Airlines Center, where the Warriors just practiced before flying home. The league is still investigating Jason Richardson's encounter with a Mavericks fan following his three-point attempt with about 20 seconds left in Game 5. Richardson's momentum carried him into the front-row seats and he got tangled up with a fan, who later went to NBA security about how testy things got as Richardson tried to extract himself and get back down the court. Richardson brushed off the incident this morning, saying that "nothing really happened," no words or shoves were exchanged either way, and that he hadn't spoken to league officials yet.

As for Stephen Jackson, who was thrown out after just one technical foul for clapping with 8.9 seconds to go, I just got word from the league that he's in the clear. No fines. No suspension. The NBA isn't looking into anything.

Same goes for Jason Terry, who received his own technical foul for taking down Baron Davis on the sidelines earlier in the game.

dbreiden83080
05-02-2007, 03:10 PM
This does not sound like anything serious and if Stern wants to avoid all sorts of conspiracy theory talk he will not suspend anyone on the Warriors.

Bibby_Gurl
05-02-2007, 03:17 PM
Another thread? I was hoping SpursDynasty didn't create it. :flipoff

lefty
05-02-2007, 03:18 PM
NBA looking at Richardson incident at game's end

DALLAS -- Stephen Jackson's reputation might have been a factor in his two ejections this postseason. It won't get him suspended from Game 6 of the Golden State Warriors' first-round series against the Dallas Mavericks.

NBA spokesman Tim Frank said Wednesday that the league will take no action against Jackson for what happened in the closing moments of Game 5, when he was tossed with 8.9 seconds left in a 118-112 loss, or for his mounting ejections.

The league is, however, looking into an apparent incident involving GoldenState's Jason Richardson and a fan late in the fourth quarter.

NBA observers in the building interviewed multiple spectators after the game about an alleged tangle between Richardson and a Mavericks fan sitting across from the Dallas bench. Richardson fell after a shot and tempers appeared to flare when the Warriors' swingman felt he was being impeded as he tried to get up to rejoin the game. Because the Mavs fan filed a report with NBA security, league officials are expected to review the incident.

"I didn't say nothing to nobody," Richardson said, according to The Associated Press.

Warriors coach Don Nelson announced immediately after the game that Jackson would be fined "a substantial amount" for his incident. The league fined Jackson $50,000 for the series of outbursts that led to his Game 2 ejection and continued as he left the court.

The circumstances around the first ejection may have been a factor in the league's decision: All Jackson did was clap after a teammate was called for an obvious foul.

"I wasn't trying to show nobody up," he said Wednesday, adding that he was already consoling teammates and telling them to look ahead to the next game. "It didn't make no sense to me."

Another oddity is that this ejection came after only one technical foul. A second technical is an automatic ejection; one-tech ejections usually come for egregious acts.

"First time for everything," Jackson said.

Jackson said he didn't bother asking for an explanation.

"Everybody can look at what happened and you can come up with your own [reasons]," he said.

The most likely answer is that officials are giving Jackson little margin of error because of past problems, most notably his role in the Pacers-Pistons brawl several years ago.

However, it's worth noting that Jackson got two personal fouls in the first 71 seconds of the game Tuesday, but played another 40:01 without getting another.

"If I wanted to blow up, I could've blew up then. Why blow up when there's 8 seconds left when the game is over? It doesn't make no sense," he said. "Do I have 'moron' written on my forehead when I walk out on the court or something? I don't. ... I'm smarter than a lot of people think. I'm going to continue to play basketball and do what I do."

The series continues Thursday night in Oakland. Eighth-seeded Golden State leads top-seeded Dallas 3-2, largely because of how well Jackson has contained Mavericks star Dirk Nowitzki.

Nowitzki broke out for the first time all series at the end of Game 5, scoring 12 points in a 15-0 rally over the final few minutes.

ESPN.com

Bruno
05-02-2007, 03:27 PM
So jackson and Terry won't be suspended and Richardson likely won't.

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_5798848?nclick_check=1

Jackson might not be the only Warrior in trouble with the league, after Richardson got tangled up with a fan late in Tuesday's game. He had taken a three-pointer from the left corner with 21.9 seconds left, and Dallas forward Dirk Nowitzki, contesting the attempt, collided with Richardson, sending him flying into the first row of fans.

Some in the Dallas organization were saying the fan helped Richardson up, and Richardson responded by shoving and cursing at the fan. Richardson denied the situation happened that way but declined to otherwise comment, except to say, "Check the tape."

According to the Mavericks, there was no videotape of the incident.

I don't see how J Rich can be suspended if there is no tape.

Nobody suspended is a good news, Game 6 will be fun to watch.

lefty
05-02-2007, 03:29 PM
So jackson and Terry won't be suspended and Richardson likely won't.

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_5798848?nclick_check=1

I don't see how J Rich can be suspended if there is no tape.

Nobody suspended is a good news, Game 6 will be fun to watch.

Great news

boutons_
05-02-2007, 03:33 PM
"Do I have 'moron' written on my forehead ...?"

Excellent question! The answer is:

HELL YES!!! :lol

dbreiden83080
05-02-2007, 03:35 PM
If the fan was impeding him from getting up which i totally believe he was then J-Rich did nothing wrong pushing him off of him. What is he suppossed to do just allow himself to be assaulted by someone. Artest was different he sought out the altercation and deserved what he got.

MrChug
05-02-2007, 03:38 PM
It's going to be the way it should be. No one suspended, everyone p!$$ed off and hyped for game 6. There's going to be just as much anger and lather in the Oakland fans and it's going to be quite a show...

dbreiden83080
05-02-2007, 03:41 PM
It's going to be the way it should be. No one suspended, everyone p!$$ed off and hyped for game 6. There's going to be just as much anger and lather in the Oakland fans and it's going to be quite a show...

I think what is a good thing is this is not getting any media airplay. I have seen nothing about it on Sportcenter or ESPN news not on Cold Pizza this morning either. The cameras did not catch this so the league is not being embarassed by it all day long with the networks running the footage of this alleged incident.