PDA

View Full Version : Jax not suspended

lefty
05-02-2007, 03:27 PM
NBA looking at Richardson incident at game's end

DALLAS -- Stephen Jackson's reputation might have been a factor in his two ejections this postseason. It won't get him suspended from Game 6 of the Golden State Warriors' first-round series against the Dallas Mavericks.

NBA spokesman Tim Frank said Wednesday that the league will take no action against Jackson for what happened in the closing moments of Game 5, when he was tossed with 8.9 seconds left in a 118-112 loss, or for his mounting ejections.

The league is, however, looking into an apparent incident involving GoldenState's Jason Richardson and a fan late in the fourth quarter.

NBA observers in the building interviewed multiple spectators after the game about an alleged tangle between Richardson and a Mavericks fan sitting across from the Dallas bench. Richardson fell after a shot and tempers appeared to flare when the Warriors' swingman felt he was being impeded as he tried to get up to rejoin the game. Because the Mavs fan filed a report with NBA security, league officials are expected to review the incident.

"I didn't say nothing to nobody," Richardson said, according to The Associated Press.

Warriors coach Don Nelson announced immediately after the game that Jackson would be fined "a substantial amount" for his incident. The league fined Jackson $50,000 for the series of outbursts that led to his Game 2 ejection and continued as he left the court.

The circumstances around the first ejection may have been a factor in the league's decision: All Jackson did was clap after a teammate was called for an obvious foul.

"I wasn't trying to show nobody up," he said Wednesday, adding that he was already consoling teammates and telling them to look ahead to the next game. "It didn't make no sense to me."

Another oddity is that this ejection came after only one technical foul. A second technical is an automatic ejection; one-tech ejections usually come for egregious acts.

"First time for everything," Jackson said.

Jackson said he didn't bother asking for an explanation.

"Everybody can look at what happened and you can come up with your own [reasons]," he said.

The most likely answer is that officials are giving Jackson little margin of error because of past problems, most notably his role in the Pacers-Pistons brawl several years ago.

However, it's worth noting that Jackson got two personal fouls in the first 71 seconds of the game Tuesday, but played another 40:01 without getting another.

"If I wanted to blow up, I could've blew up then. Why blow up when there's 8 seconds left when the game is over? It doesn't make no sense," he said. "Do I have 'moron' written on my forehead when I walk out on the court or something? I don't. ... I'm smarter than a lot of people think. I'm going to continue to play basketball and do what I do."

The series continues Thursday night in Oakland. Eighth-seeded Golden State leads top-seeded Dallas 3-2, largely because of how well Jackson has contained Mavericks star Dirk Nowitzki.

Nowitzki broke out for the first time all series at the end of Game 5, scoring 12 points in a 15-0 rally over the final few minutes.

ESPN.com

ElNono
05-02-2007, 04:08 PM
I can already see SJAX drilling the Mavs for 30+ in Game 6, Mark Cuban setting himself on fire and going to hug David Stern...

Make it so. Make it so.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-02-2007, 04:10 PM
I can already see SJAX drilling the Mavs for 30+ in Game 6, Mark Cuban setting himself on fire and going to hug David Stern...

Make it so. Make it so.

Are you insane?

Cuban can hire someone to do that.

BeerIsGood!
05-02-2007, 04:13 PM
Mark Cuban is the only person I can think of that I actually take joy in seeing him suffer emotionally after the losses.

Trainwreck2100
05-02-2007, 04:14 PM
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/2537/jacksonql3.gif

td4mvp3
05-02-2007, 04:20 PM
anybody else raising an eyebrow for the one-tech/ejection? that caught me by surprise, i'd figured he'd been t-ed earlier in the game.

Islymore
05-02-2007, 04:26 PM
anybody else raising an eyebrow for the one-tech/ejection? that caught me by surprise, i'd figured he'd been t-ed earlier in the game.

and i thot he got 2 techs back to back... i was totally confused by that whole scene tho... so... dont quote me on anything.

PM5K
05-02-2007, 04:28 PM

Yup, I thought the league had already sent a message about refs doing dumb shit like this, but apparently this guy didn't get the message, a one tech ejection with nine seconds left because a guy was clapping.

Guys clap all the time, sometimes they disagree with a call and talk to the ref, then turn around and clap, not trying to show them up, but rather just saying alright, good call...

I don't think Jack was trying to show up the ref in this particular instance...

td4mvp3
05-02-2007, 04:32 PM
Yup, I thought the league had already sent a message about refs doing dumb shit like this, but apparently this guy didn't get the message, a one tech ejection with nine seconds left because a guy was clapping.

Guys clap all the time, sometimes they disagree with a call and talk to the ref, then turn around and clap, not trying to show them up, but rather just saying alright, good call...

I don't think Jack was trying to show up the ref in this particular instance...
and really, how much is the ref being showed up by a guy clapping?! isn't this a practice that's been happening since the league started, some sarcastic clapping as a player walks away? seriously, isn't that what we want to see instead of the player yelling or flailing about in protest? lame.

mabber
05-02-2007, 04:35 PM
NBA looking at Richardson incident at game's end

DALLAS -- Stephen Jackson's reputation might have been a factor in his two ejections this postseason. It won't get him suspended from Game 6 of the Golden State Warriors' first-round series against the Dallas Mavericks.

NBA spokesman Tim Frank said Wednesday that the league will take no action against Jackson for what happened in the closing moments of Game 5, when he was tossed with 8.9 seconds left in a 118-112 loss, or for his mounting ejections.

The league is, however, looking into an apparent incident involving GoldenState's Jason Richardson and a fan late in the fourth quarter.

NBA observers in the building interviewed multiple spectators after the game about an alleged tangle between Richardson and a Mavericks fan sitting across from the Dallas bench. Richardson fell after a shot and tempers appeared to flare when the Warriors' swingman felt he was being impeded as he tried to get up to rejoin the game. Because the Mavs fan filed a report with NBA security, league officials are expected to review the incident.

"I didn't say nothing to nobody," Richardson said, according to The Associated Press.

Warriors coach Don Nelson announced immediately after the game that Jackson would be fined "a substantial amount" for his incident. The league fined Jackson $50,000 for the series of outbursts that led to his Game 2 ejection and continued as he left the court.

The circumstances around the first ejection may have been a factor in the league's decision: All Jackson did was clap after a teammate was called for an obvious foul.

"I wasn't trying to show nobody up," he said Wednesday, adding that he was already consoling teammates and telling them to look ahead to the next game. "It didn't make no sense to me."

Another oddity is that this ejection came after only one technical foul. A second technical is an automatic ejection; one-tech ejections usually come for egregious acts.

"First time for everything," Jackson said.

Jackson said he didn't bother asking for an explanation.

"Everybody can look at what happened and you can come up with your own [reasons]," he said.

The most likely answer is that officials are giving Jackson little margin of error because of past problems, most notably his role in the Pacers-Pistons brawl several years ago.

However, it's worth noting that Jackson got two personal fouls in the first 71 seconds of the game Tuesday, but played another 40:01 without getting another.

"If I wanted to blow up, I could've blew up then. Why blow up when there's 8 seconds left when the game is over? It doesn't make no sense," he said. "Do I have 'moron' written on my forehead when I walk out on the court or something? I don't. ... I'm smarter than a lot of people think. I'm going to continue to play basketball and do what I do."

The series continues Thursday night in Oakland. Eighth-seeded Golden State leads top-seeded Dallas 3-2, largely because of how well Jackson has contained Mavericks star Dirk Nowitzki.

Nowitzki broke out for the first time all series at the end of Game 5, scoring 12 points in a 15-0 rally over the final few minutes.

ESPN.com

YES!!!

Shank
05-02-2007, 04:38 PM
Jackson is all class.

Just heard a story of how he yelled at a bunch of Mavs fans after the game (through the glass at the Old 7) telling them "fuck you" and "kiss my ass" and showing off his watch and cash and how he then directed the profanity toward the Channel 21 postgame show which was also broadcasting below the stands.

The true colors are showing more and more after every game. It's baffling how anyone can defend this piece of shit.

ChumpDumper
05-02-2007, 04:38 PM
It's "Jack."

mardigan
05-02-2007, 04:40 PM
Jackson is all class.

Just heard a story of how he yelled at a bunch of Mavs fans after the game (through the glass at the Old 7) telling them "fuck you" and "kiss my ass" and showing off his watch and cash and how he then directed the profanity toward the Channel 21 postgame show which was also broadcasting below the stands.

The true colors are showing more and more after every game. It's baffling how anyone can defend this piece of shit.
Yea boy! I love this guy. f-the Dallas fans, they were trying to get a rise out of him the whole time he walked off the court. Ive never seen so many douche bags with polo shirts and popped collars talking shit. Get em S-Jax
:lol

Shank
05-02-2007, 04:43 PM
Yea boy! I love this guy. f-the Dallas fans, they were trying to get a rise out of him the whole time he walked off the court. Ive never seen so many douche bags with polo shirts and popped collars talking shit. Get em S-Jax
:lol

And if Josh Howard did the same thing to your fanbase after a game, then what would you say?

MadDog73
05-02-2007, 04:43 PM
Of course Spurs fans will give Jackson love...

until he drains a winning 3-pointer on our ass!

Shank - how believable is that "story" you heard?

Do you have a source? Any source?

Shank
05-02-2007, 04:44 PM
Of course Spurs fans will give Jackson love...

until he drains a winning 3-pointer on our ass!

He'd have to last until the end of a game to make that happen.

MadDog73
05-02-2007, 04:46 PM
He'd have to last until the end of a game to make that happen.

:rolleyes

My point is, don't count Jackson out. He was a big part of the Spurs 2003 championship run. He may act stupid, but he's still a threat.

ElNono
05-02-2007, 04:51 PM
SJax is a baller. He's a headcase too, I'll give you that.
But he won't back down from anybody, and you can see he takes pride guarding and making Dirk his bitch. He's like a LOCO Manu.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-02-2007, 06:52 PM
Jackson is all class.

Yep, I'm sure the Mavs fans in question were completely sober, not full of themselves, and were yelling things like "have a most pleasant evening, Mr. Jackson. We commend you on your great effort this evening and wish you best of luck in the future" while sipping tea :rolleyes

edoubledwhy
05-02-2007, 07:39 PM
i love how the mavs fans constantly get shitted on in all these forums yet still come back to try and earn respect from the spurs board

ratm1221
05-02-2007, 08:12 PM
i love how the mavs fans constantly get shitted on in all these forums yet still come back to try and earn respect from the spurs board

The only reason Golden State is getting respect on this forum right now is the simple fact that they are playing and beating the Mavericks. Spurs hate Mavs = Spurs love GSW. So enjoy it.

Vinnie_Johnson
05-02-2007, 09:13 PM
SJax sucks I don't know what you see in this guy?

Amuseddaysleeper
05-02-2007, 09:20 PM
SJax sucks I don't know what you see in this guy?

hell no

he will always be appreciated here for his efforts in 2003

he definitely is a bonehead at times, but make no mistake about it, the dude is clutch

Vinnie_Johnson
05-02-2007, 09:33 PM
hell no

he will always be appreciated here for his efforts in 2003

he definitely is a bonehead at times, but make no mistake about it, the dude is clutch

Oh ok outside of that year with SA he has done nothing but caused trouble and Turnovers.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-02-2007, 09:48 PM
Oh ok outside of that year with SA he has done nothing but caused trouble and Turnovers.

yeah, I am a bit of a homer in this case :lol :toast