PDA

View Full Version : Kind of sad.

E20
05-02-2007, 05:29 PM
I'm more interested in watching the GS vs DAL game tommorow then I am the Spurs beating the Nuggets tonight, but I'm still pretty pumped in watching the Spurs take them out, but not as PUMPED as watching DAL vs GS.

dg7md
05-02-2007, 05:31 PM
Because not only could they take out the Mavs and shut up the malacious Mavtrolls (Dirk Nowitzki), but also because it would be making NBA history. That's why we're all more excited about it.

mardigan
05-02-2007, 05:33 PM
Its not sad, we know our Spurs are going to represent, we dont know what the Mavs are going to do

DubMcDub
05-02-2007, 05:35 PM
No what's kind of sad is that a bunch of ST posters watched the game yesterday wearing Baron Davis beards/Warrior jerseys.

dallaskd
05-02-2007, 05:36 PM
Because not only could they take out the Mavs and shut up the malacious Mavtrolls (Dirk Nowitzki), but also because it would be making NBA history. That's why we're all more excited about it.

History can wait.

mavs>spurs2
05-02-2007, 05:36 PM
Lol

mardigan
05-02-2007, 05:37 PM
No what's kind of sad is that a bunch of ST posters watched the game yesterday wearing Baron Davis beards/Warrior jerseys.
Whats sad about that? Most Spur fans here like any team S-Jax is on, and why not kill some time rooting for a team thats playing your mortal enemy

E20
05-02-2007, 05:37 PM
:lol Hate to admit it, but that is funny.

dg7md
05-02-2007, 05:38 PM

:lol

Baron is a baller though, good guy too. Not like us buying a lot of Artest jerseys.

ratm1221
05-02-2007, 05:39 PM

Leave him alone. At least he stays positive about his team. More than I can say for some people.

dallaskd
05-02-2007, 05:41 PM
Anyone want to buy a retro Artest Pacers jersey?

got a pic and a price?

DubMcDub
05-02-2007, 05:41 PM
Whats sad about that? Most Spur fans here like any team S-Jax is on, and why not kill some time rooting for a team thats playing your mortal enemy

You don't think it's a bit odd that fans of a championship team like the Spurs are having to resort to rooting for another team to knock of the Mavs because they are clearly a bit unsure about their own chances against the Mavs?

Personally, if my team had won 3 recent titles and was playin some good ball, I'd be concerned exclusively about what my team was doing and not be worried about who we might have to play.

leemajors
05-02-2007, 05:45 PM
You don't think it's a bit odd that fans of a championship team like the Spurs are having to resort to rooting for another team to knock of the Mavs because they are clearly a bit unsure about their own chances against the Mavs?

Personally, if my team had won 3 recent titles and was playin some good ball, I'd be concerned exclusively about what my team was doing and not be worried about who we might have to play.

those baron beards are hilarious, even mav fans here at work appreciate them.

Dirk Nowitzki
05-02-2007, 05:58 PM

I cant wait for your ass to shut up when the Mavs win the championship. If you are seriously getting annoyed with me, dont read the threads about the mavs in the nba section of this site.

dallaskd
05-02-2007, 05:59 PM
I cant wait for your ass to shut up when the Mavs win the championship. If you are seriously getting annoyed with me, dont read the threads about the mavs in the nba section of this site.

:cooldevil :cooldevil

dallaskd
05-02-2007, 05:59 PM
too many mav homers here. THATS the problem.

mardigan
05-02-2007, 06:01 PM

Im not as concerned with what my team is doing right now because we are about to advance, I like good basketball period. This series is one of the best I have watched in a long time, but Im not about to root for the Mavs, so I root for the underdog, one that has 2 of my favorite players on it. Its not as much about people really hating the Mavs, people just really like watching the Warriors play. And as far as all of the mav fans who keep saying that we root because we are scared, thats hogwash. Maybe the Spurs cant beat the mavs, but they dont scare me, its just basketball and I always think my team has a good chance. Especially having watched the Mavs play this series.

DubMcDub
05-02-2007, 06:04 PM
Im not as concerned with what my team is doing right now because we are about to advance, I like good basketball period. This series is one of the best I have watched in a long time, but Im not about to root for the Mavs, so I root for the underdog, one that has 2 of my favorite players on it. Its not as much about people really hating the Mavs, people just really like watching the Warriors play. And as far as all of the mav fans who keep saying that we root because we are scared, thats hogwash. Maybe the Spurs cant beat the mavs, but they dont scare me, its just basketball and I always think my team has a good chance. Especially having watched the Mavs play this series.

But again, I'm not really addressing you. There's a difference between kind of passively rooting for the Warriors cause theyre underdogs/cause theyre playing the Mavs/cause you like some of the characters on their team and actively rooting for them by going to big watch parties wearing Warriors jerseys and shit.

Hell, I like AI, but I wasnt out watching Game 2 of the Spurs-Nuggets series at some bar wearing Nuggets shit just cause they were up 1.

monosylab1k
Anyone want to buy a retro Artest Pacers jersey?

only if it's his Pacers 91 jersey.

DubMcDub
those baron beards are hilarious, even mav fans here at work appreciate them.

I think they're funny and all but still a bit odd that Spurs fans are wearing them en masse.

resistanze
05-02-2007, 06:10 PM
True that. I'm a Raptors fan (although I've been a Spurs fan for about a decade) and I can't help but root for the underdog. I generally have no beef with the Mavs, I rooted for them in last year's WCF.

But the Warriors are so fun to watch, so basically anyone outside of Dallas should be enjoying them play. I think that the gamr 5 screwup might give the Mavs enough of an opening to take this series, though.

mardigan
05-02-2007, 06:10 PM
But again, I'm not really addressing you. There's a difference between kind of passively rooting for the Warriors cause theyre underdogs/cause theyre playing the Mavs/cause you like some of the characters on their team and actively rooting for them by going to big watch parties wearing Warriors jerseys and shit.

Hell, I like AI, but I wasnt out watching Game 2 of the Spurs-Nuggets series at some bar wearing Nuggets shit just cause they were up 1.
Well maybe you werent, but that doesnt mean there werent a bunch of Mav or Suns fans running around rooting for the Nuggets as well.

td4mvp21
05-02-2007, 06:11 PM

No I think Mavs fans just have a problem with everything right now :lol. I mean, it's exciting. If it were the other way around, I'm sure Dallas fans would be very interested in watching the Spurs lose in the first round. It's awesome because it could be history.

mardigan
05-02-2007, 06:13 PM
True that. I'm a Raptors fan (although I've been a Spurs fan for about a decade) and I can't help but root for the underdog. I generally have no beef with the Mavs, I rooted for them in last year's WCF.

But the Warriors are so fun to watch, so basically anyone outside of Dallas should be enjoying them play. I think that the gamr 5 screwup might give the Mavs enough of an opening to take this series, though.
I do too. I really think the Mavs might have gotten the mental edge back, and I really think that the Warriors might be doomed now.

SpursWoman
05-02-2007, 06:16 PM

We've gotten together to watch games for years, regardless of who is playing....especially during the playoffs. We've watched some football together, too. A lot of us are friends and actually enjoy each other's company. Now, why, exactly, is this sad? :lol

And TPark probably has the largest collection of jerseys, ever. It wouldn't be unrealistic to assume he might have had that one long before this series ever started. :fro

DubMcDub
05-02-2007, 06:33 PM
We've gotten together to watch games for years, regardless of who is playing....especially during the playoffs. We've watched some football together, too. A lot of us are friends and actually enjoy each other's company. Now, why, exactly, is this sad? :lol

And TPark probably has the largest collection of jerseys, ever. It wouldn't be unrealistic to assume he might have had that one long before this series ever started. :fro

You're taking my words and twisting them quite a bit here. Never once did I comment on it being sad that friends like to get together and hang out. I said nothing of the sort.

I said simply that it's a little off that Spurs fans are getting together and actively rooting for the Warriors. I've watched the Spurs-Nuggets games with other Mavs fans and I can tell you that none of us have been sporting AI cornrows or Melo jerseys.

E20
05-02-2007, 06:36 PM
Just a note, in the past 15-18 hours or so I've made 4 threads that have resulted in 25+ responses for each and two of those with +30. :smokin

SAtown
05-02-2007, 06:37 PM
I'm pumped to watch the Spurs game tonight, but I was almost as excited to watch the DAL/GS game last night.

I don't care if the Spurs are down 3-0 in a series, I'll be watching the damn game with as much enthusiasm as if it were a game 7 in the Finals.

dg7md
05-02-2007, 06:44 PM
I really want to know how Mavs have the mental edge back of the series when they choked a 21 point lead and had to rely on two Dirk desperation threes to win the game at home against the Warriors.

DubMcDub
05-02-2007, 06:46 PM
I really want to know how Mavs have the mental edge back of the series when they choked a 21 point lead and had to rely on two Dirk chucked up threes to win the game at home against the Warriors.

The fact that they ended the game on a 15-0 run may have had something to do with it.

jmard5
05-02-2007, 06:50 PM

Personally, if I find an 8th seeded team making a 1st seeded team work for their win, I'd be there to watch how it happens.

SpursWoman
05-02-2007, 06:56 PM
I said simply that it's a little off that Spurs fans are getting together and actively rooting for the Warriors. I've watched the Spurs-Nuggets games with other Mavs fans and I can tell you that none of us have been sporting AI cornrows or Melo jerseys.

There's also a GTG thread around here with all of us wearing mouse's Randy Moss mask. Why? Because it was FUNNY. Big deal.

DubMcDub
05-02-2007, 06:56 PM
Personally, if I find an 8th seeded team making a 1st seeded team work for their win, I'd be there to watch how it happens.

I didn't know wearing fake beards and jerseys from the team were requisites to "watching how it happens."

leemajors
05-02-2007, 07:06 PM
I think they're funny and all but still a bit odd that Spurs fans are wearing them en masse.
i don't get it either, then again i have a beard of my own.

SpursWoman
05-02-2007, 07:13 PM
I think it's comprehension might require a sense of humor.

edoubledwhy
05-02-2007, 07:33 PM
finallly the warriors have some buzz

dirk4mvp
05-02-2007, 07:53 PM
I really want to know how Mavs have the mental edge back of the series when they choked a 21 point lead and had to rely on two Dirk desperation threes to win the game at home against the Warriors.

They were desperation? He looked pretty poised when he took them. Then I guess the game also relied on him hitting desperation clutch FT's and good ole' _irk with a huge desperation block.

ratm1221
05-02-2007, 08:02 PM
I think it's comprehension might require a sense of humor.

Speaking of comprehension, I really don't understand this sentence.

ponky
05-02-2007, 08:13 PM
I'm more interested in watching the GS vs DAL game tommorow then I am the Spurs beating the Nuggets tonight, but I'm still pretty pumped in watching the Spurs take them out, but not as PUMPED as watching DAL vs GS.

it's not terribly surprising given that the spurs look like they will move on quite easily, as well as the suns AND all the eastern SWEEPS are boooooooooring. even the rockets/jazz series which is tight is not that interesting to watch. raptors/nets could be a bit more interesting but i don't know what calderon's status is...if he and/or ford is out, it could be over.

SAtown
05-02-2007, 08:22 PM
There's no doubt that GS/DAL series is much more entertaining than any other first round series. I know it's more interesting for Mavs fans and Spurs fans on this board, given rivalries and all that stuff, but I think neutral fans think this way also. I mean, people like watching a lot of scoring, uptempo ball. They like watching underdogs making a lot of noise (and potentially knocking out the favorite).

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-02-2007, 09:41 PM
That's because the Spurs are just doing their job. First round?? Yawwwnn....

It's all about the next two...(and possibly, if Dallas falls tomorrow, well, semis and if we advance past that, less the WCF, and moreso the Finals..)

florige
05-02-2007, 10:18 PM

Thats because after that win we had in Denver, you, me, alot of other Spurs fan knew, Denver, all knew that this series was pretty much done. You could look at the body language of the Nuggets and tell it was over. Now had they tied it up..... I doubt you would have had that feeling.

florige
05-02-2007, 10:21 PM
Is GS even trying to close out the Mavs? Game 4 last night... GS pretty much took the crappiest shots possible in the last 2 minutes. Plus the stuff with the ejections and poor sportsmanship...

its like they were taking a fall ...

I stillthink that GS takes it. I had the same thought after the game 2 implosion that Dallas was going to run away with it. But GS really surprised me. I think they will win this series either way. Nellie seems to have that young erratic team playing well after adversity believe it or not.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-02-2007, 10:22 PM
Thats because after that win we had in Denver, you, me, alot of other Spurs fan knew, Denver, all knew that this series was pretty much done. You could look at the body language of the Nuggets and tell it was over. Now had they tied it up..... I doubt you would have had that feeling.True. True. Without that Horry dagger. WE would have been less calm about the whole series and the Nugs would have had the momentum.
It would have been a sweep if the Spurs weren't so damn rusty in game 1.

mabber
05-02-2007, 10:29 PM

I don't think anyone has a mental advantage in this series right now. It's going to take a big time effort for the Mavs to win in Oakland tomorrow night. That place is going to be a zoo. They at least have the confidence gained from beating the Spurs in San Antonio in a game 7 last year. Of course, they aren't playing nearly as well now as they were last year.

florige
05-02-2007, 10:30 PM
True. True. Without that Horry dagger. WE would have been less calm about the whole series and the Nugs would have had the momentum.
It would have been a sweep if the Spurs weren't so damn rusty in game 1.

You are right. I'm really impressed by our guys. To beat a team with the TOP two leading scorers (well under Kobe anyway) in 5 games is no small feat. I must admit that I wa really concerned about playing them the FIRST round. Hopefully that helps us out in the later rounds. Pop seems to have the upper hand (so far) over An'Toni.

spursfan09
05-02-2007, 11:31 PM
Dear God the only reason I want the Mavs to lose tomorrow, is so the arrongant Mav fans can be gone from this site!

ponky
05-02-2007, 11:32 PM
Dear God the only reason I want the Mavs to lose tomorrow, is so the arrongant Mav fans can be gone from this site!

one doesn't have anything to do with the other

spursfan09
05-02-2007, 11:35 PM
Whatever it sucks to come back home from the game and see all these Mavs threads after the Spurs just knocked off thier opponent.

spursfan09
05-02-2007, 11:38 PM
oh whoa too much beer, i just realized I was in the NBA forum and not the Spurs forum.... I apologize! I was wondering where the heck all the spurs crap was...

ponky
05-02-2007, 11:44 PM
oh whoa too much beer, i just realized I was in the NBA forum and not the Spurs forum.... I apologize! I was wondering where the heck all the spurs crap was...

:lol :lol :lol

:toast on your team's advancement

mabber
05-02-2007, 11:46 PM

I let it slide. I was just curious why you were in such a foul mood after the Spurs just won a series.

spursfan09
05-02-2007, 11:46 PM
:lol :lol :lol

:toast on your team's advancement

Thanks!

SpursWoman
05-03-2007, 07:26 AM
Speaking of comprehension, I really don't understand this sentence.

I didn't think it was that obscure....sorry. :lol

Anyway ... good luck to both teams tonight. It should be a(nother) great game. :)

Extra Stout
05-03-2007, 08:50 AM
Why Mavs-Warriors Game 6 is More Interesting than Spurs-Nuggets Game 5

1) 8 seeds don't upset 1 seeds every day, while the Spurs win opening rounds all the time.
2) 67-15 teams don't lose in the first round ever, while the Nuggets usually do.
3) To see it happen to a hated rival would be extremely satisfying, because it would stick with the Mavericks' franchise forever; meanwhile, three years from now, people will have to think hard to remember who the Spurs just played.

P.S. The beards are funny and creative. I will give Mavs fans the benefit of the doubt and assume they are just uptight because their team is on the verge of the most ignominious playoff defeat in NBA history, and not that they are just generally humorless douchebags.

ElNono
05-03-2007, 09:01 AM
I cant wait for your ass to shut up when the Mavs win the championship.

You're basically telling him he has many years of trash talking ahead of him...

baseline bum
05-03-2007, 09:56 AM
How can I not cheer for Golden State in this series?

1) I love seeing the shots of Mark Cuban when his team is getting rolled
2) Stephen Jackson, my 3rd favorite Spurs player ever, is killing in this series
3) Baron Davis and Matt Barnes are representing my Bruins beautifully
4) It's always exciting to cheer for the underdog; especially this big of an underdog, when they're not at all intimidated by the big, bad, 67-win team.

ratm1221
05-03-2007, 10:07 AM
they are just generally humorless douchebags.

Not every day you see a complete douche bag try to call someone else a douche bag. This was a fitting post for this thread because that's "kind of sad". :p:

Extra Stout
05-03-2007, 10:44 AM
I crapped my pants because I think the Mavs are going to lose. Plus, the Spurs already advanced. Life sucks.