PDA

View Full Version : Holy Shit....

bendmz
05-02-2007, 06:28 PM
have you folks seen the "Sex Offenders" list that has been made available to the public? it list the work place of these folks...... DAMN can one imagine just how much damage this list can do ??????? :clap

www.centralmediaserver.com

midgetonadonkey
05-02-2007, 06:30 PM
Directory Listing Denied
This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed

ashbeeigh
05-02-2007, 06:39 PM
Okay, from the other point of view couldn't y'all see this as an invasion of privacy? They're people too and once they do their time they should be free to do as they please (within restrictions of course). Seriously. Some sex offenders will only be more prone to re-offend when they get called out like that.

*EDIT

Here's the WOAI story with the xls of where SA sex offenders work.

I think this was one of the worst invasions of privacy, ever, on WOAI's part.

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=a9b0cd41-ed57-44f9-8f35-2d49166974bc

bendmz
05-02-2007, 06:45 PM
Directory Listing Denied
This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed

go to WOAI home page, they have a link there to the list....

midgetonadonkey
05-02-2007, 06:47 PM
It doesn't say where it just says what they do.

midgetonadonkey
05-02-2007, 06:47 PM
Pointless list.

bendmz
05-02-2007, 06:49 PM
Okay, from the other point of view couldn't y'all see this as an invasion of privacy? They're people too and once they do their time they should be free to do as they please (within restrictions of course). Seriously. Some sex offenders will only be more prone to re-offend when they get called out like that.

*EDIT

Here's the WOAI story with the xls of where SA sex offenders work.

I think this was one of the worst invasions of privacy, ever, on WOAI's part.

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=a9b0cd41-ed57-44f9-8f35-2d49166974bc

I believe the debate could go both ways, how is going to pick and choose who gets identified and who does not? which one is more prone to re-offend and which one is not....... a criminal get put into a pool of people that society has said," you don't belong".
are you going to let "YOUR" kids be next to these folks ? :nope :nope

leemajors
05-02-2007, 06:55 PM
don't sex offenders have to register anyway? there is a list that has been accessible on the apd site for years for austin.

ashbeeigh
05-02-2007, 07:00 PM
I believe the debate could go both ways, how is going to pick and choose who gets identified and who does not? which one is more prone to re-offend and which one is not....... a criminal get put into a pool of people that society has said," you don't belong".
are you going to let "YOUR" kids be next to these folks ? :nope :nope

All offenders, when sentenced, are required, by law to enter therapy. There's plently of evidence that points to specific types of offenders being more prone to reoffending when their self-confiendence is in question (i.e.-being called out like this). Child molesters have been shown to have a retrist attitude when it comes to things. They won't talk about what's bothering them, etc. I know I'm getting really touchy feely, and some may call my bullshit but har me out:

If an offender can realize that their thoughts are deviant in nature (like thinking a child likes being touched, likes the sex, likes getting gifts, etc) through therapy then they can be reintegrated into society more easily than not. Now, if they get called out, like these registries intend, some offenders (as I mentioned) may be led to believe that they can't handle the pressure and revert to what is comfortable (their deviant thoughts) and reoffend.

I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I believe in these registries, I really think it's a bunch of moral panic, but I do like to know things about my neighbors. I don't really care where they work though and I don't really care to know my co-workers personal business unless they volnteer it, or it is a threat to me (as in a female rapist or whatnot).

ashbeeigh
05-02-2007, 07:03 PM
don't sex offenders have to register anyway? there is a list that has been accessible on the apd site for years for austin.

It's called the Wetterling Law. It passed in 1994 and requires all states to have a registry by 1997. They would have lost funding if they didn't have it.

There's also Megan's Law that requires the notification of neighbors when an offender moves in. That's all based on state guidelines (which are as different as when red lights change on a busy street...they're very, very different).

Jekka
05-02-2007, 07:56 PM
Is anyone else a little disturbed by the fact that at least two of these guys are butchers?

bendmz
05-02-2007, 07:59 PM
All offenders, when sentenced, are required, by law to enter therapy. There's plently of evidence that points to specific types of offenders being more prone to reoffending when their self-confiendence is in question (i.e.-being called out like this). Child molesters have been shown to have a retrist attitude when it comes to things. They won't talk about what's bothering them, etc. I know I'm getting really touchy feely, and some may call my bullshit but har me out:

If an offender can realize that their thoughts are deviant in nature (like thinking a child likes being touched, likes the sex, likes getting gifts, etc) through therapy then they can be reintegrated into society more easily than not. Now, if they get called out, like these registries intend, some offenders (as I mentioned) may be led to believe that they can't handle the pressure and revert to what is comfortable (their deviant thoughts) and reoffend.

I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I believe in these registries, I really think it's a bunch of moral panic, but I do like to know things about my neighbors. I don't really care where they work though and I don't really care to know my co-workers personal business unless they volnteer it, or it is a threat to me (as in a female rapist or whatnot).

I hear and understand what you are saying, but are not these individuals being rehabilitated prior to their coming out? Is not the reason the parol board exsist to evaluate them before they are let out? If this process is working, then why are these people being freed ?
My tax dollars dictate that those who are offenders of the law, be incarcerated and judged according to man's law......
Damn, where's Judge Dread when you need him.........

ashbeeigh
05-02-2007, 08:15 PM
I hear and understand what you are saying, but are not these individuals being rehabilitated prior to their coming out? Is not the reason the parol board exsist to evaluate them before they are let out? If this process is working, then why are these people being freed ?
My tax dollars dictate that those who are offenders of the law, be incarcerated and judged according to man's law......
Damn, where's Judge Dread when you need him.........

Rehabilitation takes more than the couple months the offender is in jail. It's not like you and me who see both sides of the argument, like right now. They truely don't see anything wrong with themselves. I know someone who is a Licensed Sexual Offendender and Predator Therapist (LSOPT) who had people in her program for well over ten years.

Leetonidas
05-02-2007, 08:21 PM
Roy Hernandez works at the AT&T Center.

01Snake
05-02-2007, 10:23 PM
Apparently Jim's, IHOP and Luby's is THE places to work. :lol