PDA

View Full Version : There is no video tape of the Richardson incident

Amuseddaysleeper
05-02-2007, 08:04 PM
I'm sorry of this is old news, but was everyone else aware of this?

Would be much harder to suspend Richardson without tape evidence, no?

J-Rich In Crowd Tangle
Jackson may not be the only Warrior in trouble with the league, after Richardson got tangled up with a fan late in Tuesday's game. He had taken a 3-pointer from the left corner with 21.9 seconds left, and Dallas forward Dirk Nowitzki, contesting the attempt, collided with Richardson, sending him flying into the first row of fans. Some in the Dallas organization were saying the fan helped Richardson up, and Richardson responded by shoving and cursing at the fan. Richardson denied the situation happened that way, but declined to otherwise comment, except to say, "Check the tape." According to the Mavericks, there was no videotape of the incident. -- Contra Costa Times

mardigan
05-02-2007, 08:08 PM
You cant get in trouble with no tape

ponky
05-02-2007, 08:10 PM
i guess they were wrong on espn then. there are so many conflicting stories i don't know what to think. espn said there was tape and they were blowing up the images blah blah blah to get a better view because the angle wasn't that great. then j-rich says he said something and pushed the guy because the guy was restraining him and it was in the heat of the moment, later on he says nothing happened, he didn't tell the guy anything or do anything and that the fan is a liar. of course, media outlets from each side, both mavs and warriors, will be somewhat biased and i noticed that this source you quote was from cali...specifically, oakland

mardigan
05-02-2007, 08:11 PM
i guess they were wrong on espn then. there are so many conflicting stories i don't know what to think. espn said there was tape and they were blowing up the images blah blah blah to get a better view because the angle wasn't that great. then j-rich says he said something and pushed the guy because the guy was restraining him and it was in the heat of the moment, later on he says nothing happened, he didn't tell the guy anything or do anything and that the fan is a liar. of course, media outlets from each side, both mavs and warriors, will be somewhat biased and i noticed that this source you quote was from cali...specifically, oakland
They might not be wrong, there just might not be any evidence

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-02-2007, 08:12 PM

So the Mavs aren't saying there is no videotape?

ponky
05-02-2007, 08:16 PM
So the Mavs aren't saying there is no videotape?

the report that i heard last night while on my way back to austin was from ian fitzsimmons who said they had video of the incident but that the angle wasn't the best so they were enlarging it, etc. i'm not saying there is or isn't, just that everything from the tape, to what happened, to j-rich's two different statements, is conflicting. reports about this kind of stuff, especially from some tiny media outlet in oakland aren't always accurate. anyway, we'll know tomorrow if anything happens, i'd say nothing will happen and it shouldn't matter to the mavs in their preparation so i don't care on speculating much, i just think it's weird that everyone's saying different things.

ponky
05-02-2007, 08:17 PM
They might not be wrong, there just might not be any evidence

yup, that might be the case too

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-02-2007, 08:25 PM
I just think people toss out the media bias argument way too easily nowadays, and considering the Contra Costa Times has a circ of around 180K, I'd hardly consider it small.

But if these media outlets are so biased and coming out with wrong information, where are the people saying the info it wrong?

ponky
05-02-2007, 08:31 PM
I just think people toss out the media bias argument way too easily nowadays, and considering the Contra Costa Times has a circ of around 180K, I'd hardly consider it small.

But if these media outlets are so biased and coming out with wrong information, where are the people saying the info it wrong?

LOL, come on now, the Mavs media reported it as a confrontation with J-Rich pushing a fan and the Oakland media reports it as a tangle. I'm calling it both ways and not homering as a Mavs fan. Besides, the whole point I was trying to make is that the Contra is reporting one thing, ESPN has reported a video and basically no one really knows what the hell is going on because of all these conflicting reports.

Findog
05-02-2007, 08:35 PM
I hope he plays. If he doesn't and the Mavs win, Spurs fans will pop blood vessels, like they did 69 times previously this season because the "refs won it for Dallas."

u2sarajevo
05-02-2007, 08:36 PM
I heard earlier today that the Mavs said they had no video evidence of the altercation. I would think that makes this pretty much a mute point. Let's just shut up and play the game. I don't want anything gift wrapped. If we can't beat them at full strength then season over.

ponky
05-02-2007, 08:37 PM
I hope he plays. If he doesn't and the Mavs win, Spurs fans will pop blood vessels, like they did 69 times previously this season because the "refs won it for Dallas."

since when do i care what spurs fans think about our series? they got a pass with game six last year (and deservedly so) but they lost game seven....if the warriors are supposed to win this and for some reason don't get it done in game six AND have a guy suspended, they'll get it done in seven...if not, fuck them, it's not our fault they are sore losers...it's not a coincidence they only lose their shit when they lose....besides, the spurs should WANT to play the mavs, no need for them to get incensed about something they should want to see come to fruition

fwiw, i hope they all play, just like someone above stated, we should be able to beat a full team just like we did last night....not for spurs' fans sake, for our own sake, as mavs fans

Findog
05-02-2007, 08:40 PM
since when do i care what spurs fans think about our series? they got a pass with game six last year (and deservedly so) but they lost game seven....if the warriors are supposed to win this and for some reason don't get it done in game six AND have a guy suspended, they'll get it done in seven...if not, fuck them, it's not our fault they are sore losers...it's not a coincidence they only lose their shit when they lose....besides, the spurs should WANT to play the mavs, no need for them to get incensed about something they should want to see come to fruition

I don't care that much either, but it gets tiresome having to navigate through 85 anti-ref screeds in the NBA section in the immediate aftermath of a mavs win.

ponky
05-02-2007, 08:41 PM
I don't care that much either, but it gets tiresome having to navigate through 85 anti-ref screeds in the NBA section in the immediate aftermath of a mavs win.

lol, i hear ya, it's some spurs fans favorite hobby

u2sarajevo
05-02-2007, 08:43 PM
lol, i hear ya, it's some spurs fans favorite hobbyWell.... that and the always handy ring thing. I call that one "ringology".

mabber
05-02-2007, 09:03 PM

If you want a really good laugh, go to the game blogs (in Spurs section) during the Spurs games. Every 3rd or 4th post is about how they just got fucked on a call or non-call. I was going thru the game 4 blog trying to catch up to see what had happened and was blown away by all the "refs are screwing us" posts. It was comical. I then went back and read several pages from the other game blogs (to see if that was an isolated incident/game) but it was all the same.

E20
05-02-2007, 10:04 PM
I get the Contra Costa Times, it's the county I live in. :lol

dallaskd
05-02-2007, 10:05 PM
just suspend his ass.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-02-2007, 10:10 PM

I know you're a troll, but you're a dumb one.

monosylab1k
05-02-2007, 10:26 PM
It's pretty incredible to think that with the eight thousand cameras in the building that not one of them caught this incident to either exonerate Richardson or show he's guilty.

Although I'm sure that if this was truly that big of a deal, the NBA would be trying a little harder to get things taken care of. Some drunk idiot fan got handsy with J-Rich and then cried to the authorities when the large athlete made him stop. Nothing more, let's move on.

01Snake
05-02-2007, 10:27 PM
My buddy is the fan involved in this.

mabber
05-02-2007, 10:33 PM
It's pretty incredible to think that with the eight thousand cameras in the building that not one of them caught this incident to either exonerate Richardson or show he's guilty.

Although I'm sure that if this was truly that big of a deal, the NBA would be trying a little harder to get things taken care of. Some drunk idiot fan got handsy with J-Rich and then cried to the authorities when the large athlete made him stop. Nothing more, let's move on.

Actually, I think the league would have already exonerated Richardson if there wasn't something to it. You're right, the league wants to get the issue resolved as quickly as possible but haven't been able to so there must be something to it. I'm guessing they'll announce a fine but no suspension in the morning.

monosylab1k
05-02-2007, 10:33 PM
My buddy is the fan involved in this.

seriously? what's he saying about it?

01Snake
05-02-2007, 11:03 PM
seriously? what's he saying about it?

He basically said exactly what is being said happened. J-Rich shot a 3 in the corner and fell into the stands. J-Rich fell into my two buddies and one of them put his hand on J-Richs back to push him out onto the floor and J-Rich turned around and pushed him back. He then said, "Push me again mother fucker and I'll kick your ass.

Lets just say "someone" encouraged him to file a report with security.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-02-2007, 11:17 PM
He basically said exactly what is being said happened. J-Rich shot a 3 in the corner and fell into the stands. J-Rich fell into my two buddies and one of them put his hand on J-Richs back to push him out onto the floor and J-Rich turned around and pushed him back. He then said, "Push me again mother fucker and I'll kick your ass.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

ducks
05-02-2007, 11:29 PM

if he gets suspened I hope he files a lawsuit against this fan for his loss of money

J.T.
05-03-2007, 12:07 AM
Good. This series is too good to be ruined by bullshit suspensions.