PDA

View Full Version : West. Conf. Semis: San Antonio vs. Phoenix

SpursDynasty
05-02-2007, 09:21 PM
With SA taking care of business in the first round and beating the underdog/fluke Nuggets team, and with Phoenix likely closing it out tonight, what are your predictions for the 2nd round series between the Spurs and Suns?

This is where the real playoffs usually begin for SA. 7th straight year to advance past the 1st round. Just a routine 1st round series victory.

I thought Carmelo Anthony was "looking forward to beating the Spurs".

Spurs16212
05-02-2007, 09:52 PM
I predict the Spurs finishing the series here in San Antonio in six games. It is important that the Spurs take one of the first two in Phoenix to be successful.

Look for Phoenix to make adjustments within their perimeter game as the Spurs have always shut down Phoenix's outside shooting. Phoenix is not as physical as Denver so I expect the Spurs big three (Manu, Tim, and Tony) to attack the basket more. Finley should continue his hot shooting streak and I would hope to see a few glimpses of James White in this series although I believe it is unlikely. He has shown that he can play some good defense and he may be able to provide a spark on Phoenix's below average defense.

Trifecta
05-02-2007, 10:46 PM
The Spurs need to continue to play Defense, guard the 3-ball, and rebound!!!!

Amare will be a beast in the middle!

Somebody will need to lockdown Barbosa!

Spurs in 6!

sahoopster
05-02-2007, 11:01 PM
I'm smelling 2005 all over again. Denver was a different yet is was all very familiar. I expect the Spurs to let Amare get his, Bruce to lock down Nash and Marion at times and the Spurs to shut down the perimeter. Spurs in 6 is my logical choice, Spurs in 5 is my homer choice

ATXSPUR
05-02-2007, 11:05 PM
I say Spurs in 5. If you arent physical you will have problems with the Spurs. Like 05 Amare will get his but we will effectively lock down the others. Outside of amare there is no better man to man offensive threat on phoenix than ai or melo.

Despot
05-02-2007, 11:23 PM
Amare will average 40 pts, it will be crucial for the spurs to hold the Suns to less than 85, maybe 90 pts. Unlike '05 I really don't think SA will try to run with PHX. However I'm not too concerned about them. They are handling the Lakers well when you look at the scoreboard, but I don't see that look in their eye, and it looks like they pushing themselves too hard to get past LA.

easjer
05-02-2007, 11:27 PM
I put money on Spurs in 5 before the playoffs started. I'll stand by that, especially since they beat a tougher Nuggets team in 5. I'm not trying to dismiss the Suns, I think it'll be a battle, but they've gotten a lot of practice at dictating the pace of the game. It could go 6, but I think that's the most. I just don't think the Suns could push them to 7.

They will need to be on top of D and catch every rebound they can though. If they get lax, it'll easily go to 6 if not more.

lrrr
05-03-2007, 12:25 AM
No way Amare goes for anyehere close to 40 a game. This year, TD's ankles are fine. 2005 he was trying to play D with TWO bum ankles. Ever tried to move laterally with one let alone two sprained ankles?

E20
05-03-2007, 12:28 AM
I predicted that the Spurs sweep the Suns in 2005. I will make the same prediction.

Spurs in 4. Book it.

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/8696/bookopen3um8.jpg

johngateswhiteley
05-03-2007, 12:31 AM
Spurs in 5.

efrem1
05-03-2007, 12:35 AM
The safe pick. Spurs in 6.

lefty
05-03-2007, 12:36 AM
We'll take the 1st two games in Phoenix. Book it

TDMVPDPOY
05-03-2007, 12:48 AM
question is that barbosa dude,

Budkin
05-03-2007, 12:52 AM
I'll say Spurs in 6. Last time they didn't have Bell and Diaw. Bell might cause some problems for Manu.

Texas_Ranger
05-03-2007, 12:53 AM
Spurs in 6.

BeerIsGood!
05-03-2007, 12:55 AM
With SA taking care of business in the first round and beating the underdog/fluke Nuggets team, and with Phoenix likely closing it out tonight, what are your predictions for the 2nd round series between the Spurs and Suns?

This is where the real playoffs usually begin for SA. 7th straight year to advance past the 1st round. Just a routine 1st round series victory.

I thought Carmelo Anthony was "looking forward to beating the Spurs".

The Nuggets weren't a fluke team, they are a very good team. All of the games except this one were close, hard fought games. The Suns will pose different problems, but above all the Spurs need to do two things - control tempo and take away Nash's assist options. Controlling tempo means employing the Spurs usual exceptional transition D. I don't see the Spurs as having a problem since they are already accustomed to doing both.

jaespur21
05-03-2007, 12:57 AM
Spurs in 6 but..... i want these punks done in 5

Xylus
05-03-2007, 01:33 AM
Suns in 7.

Damn, wish I believed in God so I could pray to him.

Mr Brown
05-03-2007, 01:43 AM
Spurs in 6.

I listen to the games on the radio in the middle of the night :wakeup
The games are not showing on tv here in Finland :depressed

edoubledwhy
05-03-2007, 02:00 AM
the spurs beat small ball, well they got the warriors number at least, what is it 18 consecutive losses in san antonio? supposedly the warriors are the poor man's version of the suns, so i'd have to agree with spurs in....... 6