PDA

View Full Version : We've been treated to Spurs Basketball at its finest

GrandeDavid
05-02-2007, 09:27 PM
We all must tip our hats to our San Antonio Spurs for leaving a defensive boot print smack dab on the Denver Nuggets logo. That was an absolute treat for us fans of stellar team defense. To hold a gunning, star-laden lineup which averaged around 105 in the regular season to an average of 88 in the first round of the playoffs after running off 4 straight wins is simply awesome.

Then you've got guys like Michael Finley knocking down 8 triples tonight, Big Shot Rob hitting a heart-piercing dagger in Game 4. The Big Three were steady. Fabricio Oberto worked like a thoroughbred...

And knowing that recently the Spurs held Phoenix under 90 in an important late regular season victory, I'm feeling good about our chances.

Great series, guys, now let's go get another one!

GrandeDavid
05-02-2007, 09:49 PM
So, basically, word to us.

theroc5
05-02-2007, 09:50 PM
hecky ya we played a pretty good series, I LOVED GAME 4 and 5 alot to, it showed much heart!
BEAT THE SUNS!

thekingrobert
05-02-2007, 09:51 PM
these close games gonna kil me im too old for that bring on the blowouts

aaronstampler
05-02-2007, 09:52 PM
Our defense was pretty good, but we can play better offensively. And we will.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-02-2007, 09:53 PM
The thing that gives me a lot of hope for this team is the way they closed out in the 4th in games 2 (even after losing the big lead), 3 and 4. This team has nuts the size of watermelons, and they aren't scared of the 4th Q like they were when I was in SA in January. They have gelled and matured nicely as the season has worn on.

Bring on the Suns!

:D

bdictjames
05-02-2007, 09:55 PM
Findog is back.

Horry is playing with much better passion.

Oberto looked sharp, and Elson showed some strides in Game 5.

Timmy, Tony, and Manu were consistent in the 2nd half, where it matters most.

BRING ON THE SUNS!!!

Budkin
05-02-2007, 09:57 PM
Fuck yeah... this was our best game of the playoffs by far. Rolling on all cylinders now.

thekingrobert
05-02-2007, 09:57 PM
nah manu had a bad game and forced a lot thats why he sat mostly all of the 4th

GrandeDavid
05-02-2007, 10:01 PM
The thing that gives me a lot of hope for this team is the way they closed out in the 4th in games 2 (even after losing the big lead), 3 and 4. This team has nuts the size of watermelons, and they aren't scared of the 4th Q like they were when I was in SA in January. They have gelled and matured nicely as the season has worn on.

Bring on the Suns!

:D

Oz, that's too bad I wasn't in town when you were there. Next time give me a heads up and I'll roll out some red carpet for you as well, dude.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-02-2007, 10:48 PM
That's cool, GD, I got the red carpet treatment from Kori and LJ, Rashofan, Spurschick, Angel and many others.

However, if we do make the Finals I'm on a plane, so I'll see you in June! Cheers. :)

Long way to go, but I feel really good about this team - they don't get rattled, and they are flexible in terms of matchups. Not only that, but Pop is an elite-level coach and knows his Xs and Os as well as how to motivate his guys when it matters.

Here's hoping... ;)

phyzik
05-02-2007, 10:51 PM
I still think we can play much better.... warmup is over.... TIME TO GET THIS FUCKING PARTY STARTED!!

gino>yourlife
05-02-2007, 10:54 PM
couldn't have said it better myself