PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets no longer the Thuggets

5ToolMan
05-02-2007, 09:33 PM
Props to the Nuggets and their fans for a hard fought series!

I was a little concerned we could lose a player because of the dirty play the Nuggets demonstrated in 2005. Glad to say, this series was played at a high level and for the most part played very clean by both teams.

From this series it is clear the Nuggest have matured and also added some great pieces. I expect to see them contending for the next several years.

td4mvp21
05-02-2007, 09:34 PM
Uh, they were still pretty thuggish. 'Melo and JR both had some dirty fouls on Manu. They are still immature, they got cocky way too early in Games 3 and 4 and it cost them. Didn't Melo even say that the Nuggets were going to go deep into the playoffs? Shouldn't have opened his mouth. They did play at a much higher level than two years ago in 2005, but that was mostly because of Iverson, Anthony, and Nene.

SAtown
05-02-2007, 09:36 PM
Did you watch game 3? They were pulling the same dirty stuff they pulled in the 05 series. Besides that, there were dirty moments here and there; but hey, that's what comes out of a physical series. The Spurs demonstrated the same poise they did in 05

E20
05-02-2007, 09:37 PM
Tell me why Carmelo just suddenly pushed Manu for no apparent reason?

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-02-2007, 09:38 PM
Yeah, that two handed shove of Manu tonight by Carmelo was the epitome of class :rolleyes

Borosai
05-02-2007, 09:39 PM
Fine, they are soft-core thugs.

Spurs1234
05-02-2007, 09:41 PM
The nuggets have matured, Karl wasn't complaining as much, and the there weren't too many fouls on ginobili like in 2005. Of course Karl couldn't complain about the refs since they got more free throws then the spurs and its probably hard to talk negative about your opponent when your busy throwing JR Smith under an 18 Wheeler.

SAtown
05-02-2007, 09:41 PM
Fine, they are soft-core thugs.

Carmelo Anthony pretty much proved that at the Garden earlier this season

Tek_XX
05-02-2007, 09:42 PM
Losing a series doesn't make you less thuggish.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-02-2007, 09:43 PM
Nuggs will be good next year - two explosive scorers in AI and Melo, two good bigmen in Nene (who has finally arrived) and Camby... and the youngsters will learn from this year.

Need a new coach though.

Tough series, glad it's over.

carina_gino20
05-02-2007, 09:49 PM
The nuggets have matured, Karl wasn't complaining as much, and the there weren't too many fouls on ginobili like in 2005. Of course Karl couldn't complain about the refs since they got more free throws then the spurs and its probably hard to talk negative about your opponent when your busy throwing JR Smith under an 18 Wheeler.

just because the fouls weren't called doesn't mean they weren't there. najera, anthony, and smith all pulled dirty fouls out there.

aaronstampler
05-02-2007, 09:52 PM
Probably would have thought they were the same thugs as always if K-Mart played.

5ToolMan
05-02-2007, 09:57 PM
Did you watch game 3? They were pulling the same dirty stuff they pulled in the 05 series. Besides that, there were dirty moments here and there; but hey, that's what comes out of a physical series. The Spurs demonstrated the same poise they did in 05

I have watched every Spurs playoff me since 1999 and about 80+ of the regular season games in that same span. However I will admit game #3 this year was a bit of a challange. I was at a very remote campground watching on the game on my laptop. The signal would freeze and/or be slow, plus the spirits were flowing.

However I did see enough to see and feel the Nuggets played a much cleaner series overall ... in my opinion.

ruru
05-02-2007, 11:55 PM
Jesus Christ, SPurs fans miust have started watching basketball in like 1999. Do you have any idea how the game was played in the 80's and before?

get a fucking grip.

siopaoboi
05-03-2007, 12:06 AM
just because the fouls weren't called doesn't mean they weren't there. najera, anthony, and smith all pulled dirty fouls out there.

wow and the spurs played very clean right? never committed any mistake? immaculate? congrats.

lrrr
05-03-2007, 12:31 AM
I dunno about the Nugs getting any better next year. Basketball is all about chemistry and there is WAY too much volatility in that team. AI's honeymoon period will come to an end sooner rather than later... with all the shots he stole from Melo, think they will be happy together for long? And with a coach like GK, well...