PDA

View Full Version : **Mavs-Warriors Game 6 Blaaaaaahg**

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Shank
05-03-2007, 09:32 AM
How was this overlooked?

I think the Mavs have figured out some keys to beating the Warriors here in the past 2 games. Particularly early in Game 5, we saw the Mavs (and Dirk) making a conscious effort to attack the basket and Biedrins underneath. They went away from this in the second half and got sucked into the Warriors game which had a big hand in giving up that 21-point lead.

In the last few minutes Tuesday night the Mavs did all they could to put defensive pressure on Davis, working to double-team him. They saw (even before he fouled out) that the Warriors are nowhere near as effective when Davis is being pressured or if the offense has to run through anyone else. I'd hope to see this to close out some of the early quarters.

Warriors working with a very short bench tonight. Ellis won't see much and Barnes has a hamstring injury. He'll play, but could tighten up at any time. Will six men playing that sort of game last 48 minutes?

Without going into much detail as to why, I don't see the Warriors making that many 3s. Mavs will make the adjustments to keep their man close to not allow so many open looks. If the Warriors can see the orange of the rim, they'll likely jack it up.

What's worse - giving up that 21 point lead but still getting the win or coughing up a 9-point lead and the chance to win the series? I say the latter. And we've always got the penchant of Jackson/Davis going batshit crazy when under the pressure once again.

Mavs get this tonight and we come back to the D for Saturday's game.

leemajors
05-03-2007, 09:34 AM
blogblogblogblogblogblogblogblogblogblogblogblogbl ogblogblogblogblogblogblogblogblogblogblogblogblog blogblogblogblogblogblogblogblogblogblogblogblogbl ogblogblogblog

mabber
05-03-2007, 09:34 AM
How was this overlooked?

I think the Mavs have figured out some keys to beating the Warriors here in the past 2 games. Particularly early in Game 5, we saw the Mavs (and Dirk) making a conscious effort to attack the basket and Biedrins underneath. They went away from this in the second half and got sucked into the Warriors game which had a big hand in giving up that 21-point lead.

In the last few minutes Tuesday night the Mavs did all they could to put defensive pressure on Davis, working to double-team him. They saw (even before he fouled out) that the Warriors are nowhere near as effective when Davis is being pressured or if the offense has to run through anyone else. I'd hope to see this to close out some of the early quarters.

Warriors working with a very short bench tonight. Ellis won't see much and Barnes has a hamstring injury. He'll play, but could tighten up at any time. Will six men playing that sort of game last 48 minutes?

Without going into much detail as to why, I don't see the Warriors making that many 3s. Mavs will make the adjustments to keep their man close to not allow so many open looks. If the Warriors can see the orange of the rim, they'll likely jack it up.

What's worse - giving up that 21 point lead but still getting the win or coughing up a 9-point lead and the chance to win the series? I say the latter. And we've always got the penchant of Jackson/Davis going batshit crazy when under the pressure once again.

Mavs get this tonight and we come back to the D for Saturday's game.

Throw everything out from the past. This game will be a war and the Mavs better bring their "A" game or they will be done for the year.

ponky
05-03-2007, 09:36 AM
oh, it's over, i was perusing the warriors forums and they're already reminiscing about the time they beat the spurs and when the warriors were, to quote, "outplaying the admiral"

:lol

Shank
05-03-2007, 09:36 AM
http://www.milkandcookies.com/images/feature/r/renandstimpylog.jpg

It's blo-og, blo-og, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood!
It's blo-og, blo-og, it's better than bad - it's good!

BLOG!

Findog
05-03-2007, 09:39 AM
Golden State > Denver and LAL. Funny how Dallas caught the hottest team coming into the playoffs. In any event, one game at a time. Let's get this back to Dallas.

Shank
05-03-2007, 09:41 AM
http://www.lovethehoff.com/images/superhoff%20the%20return.jpg

The SuperHoff guarantees a Mavs win.

LEONARD
05-03-2007, 09:44 AM
...because they started a game 7 blog :lol

I don't even know what to think about tonight, but I too liked them getting the ball out of Davis' hands on double teams. They CAN'T keep hitting 3's like they have been, can they?? :bang

mFFL03
05-03-2007, 09:48 AM
hmmm...we were up by 21.....they essentially made 16 3's.....hmmmm........

which number is greater....

21 or 48

Findog
05-03-2007, 09:50 AM
They CAN'T keep hitting 3's like they have been, can they?? :bang

I don't mind the Warriors getting lots of looks inside, I would play Damp/Diop 48 minutes and concentrate on defending the 3-point line.

FWIW, their 3-point shooting in this series:

G1: 10-30
G2: 4-20
G3: 6-23
G4: 12-31
G5: 16-35

Findog
05-03-2007, 09:52 AM
hmmm...we were up by 21.....they essentially made 16 3's.....hmmmm........

which number is greater....

21 or 48

Mavs just need to put it together for 48 minutes, which they haven't done in this series. I'm encouraged that we got the 21 point lead, which says to me we can run these guys off the court when we play well.

Not going to be easy, but we're a 1/3 of the way from climbing out of this hole. And I would imagine 12 hours to gametime they would've announced something about Richardson by now. I hope he plays, you want to beat a team at full-strength and it's going to suck navigating 86 "you would've lost if J-Rich had played" threads after tonite's game.

Findog
05-03-2007, 09:55 AM
Also, it's a good thing I'm stocked up on xanax for this game.

Cry Havoc
05-03-2007, 10:12 AM
http://www.milkandcookies.com/images/feature/r/renandstimpylog.jpg

It's blo-og, blo-og, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood!
It's blo-og, blo-og, it's better than bad - it's good!

BLOG!

Poooowdeeeeeeeeeereeeeeeed Toaaaaaaaaaaaast..... MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

LEONARD
05-03-2007, 10:27 AM
I don't mind the Warriors getting lots of looks inside, I would play Damp/Diop 48 minutes and concentrate on defending the 3-point line.

FWIW, their 3-point shooting in this series:

G1: 10-30
G2: 4-20
G3: 6-23
G4: 12-31
G5: 16-35

Wow, that's only 35%, which is their season avg I believe. I thought I had heard they were shooting higher than that. Why does it feel like every 3 is going in? Or is it just me? :lol

Shank
05-03-2007, 10:28 AM
We like this Game 6 blog better because I started it and it already has cooler pictures than the other one.

joeyjfive
05-03-2007, 10:29 AM
Geez, these games are getting so big they need 2 game blogs.FYI I didnt see the other one til now either.

mabber
05-03-2007, 10:31 AM
Wow, that's only 35%, which is their season avg I believe. I thought I had heard they were shooting higher than that. Why does it feel like every 3 is going in? Or is it just me? :lol

Game 5 was the only game that it seemed like all their 3 pointers were going in. They shot around 46% that night.

Shank
05-03-2007, 10:42 AM
This blog is the better blog.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-03-2007, 10:44 AM
This blog is the better blog.

hellllllllllll noooooooooooooooooo

actually we can have 2 blogs, one for mav fans and the other for warriors supporters

Shank
05-03-2007, 10:48 AM
Sounds good.

Mine still has pictures of The Hoff, though. So that's a plus.

monosylab1k
05-03-2007, 11:11 AM
i hate to be a killjoy, but the Mavs season ends tonight. Unless Dirk's got two more miracles to pull out of his ass, this team just hasn't played well enough for me to have any faith in them.

ZONACAT
05-03-2007, 11:20 AM
i hate to be a killjoy, but the Mavs season ends tonight. Unless Dirk's got two more miracles to pull out of his ass, this team just hasn't played well enough for me to have any faith in them.

I agree that we haven't played well at all in this series, however, we only need to put one game together to turn this series on it's head.

Maybe I'm wrong but I believe this team is too good and gone through too many wars not to put faith in them. I'm still hopeful that the last three minutes of Game Five has awoken the Dirk that we saw against the Spurs and Suns last season.

Hopefully the threes won't fall for them tonight.

Findog
05-03-2007, 11:46 AM
Not much reason to be optimistic, and I've wavered back and forth myself on this, but it's not over until they lose four games. If they can put together 48 minutes, they can beat the Warriors tonight.

hater
05-03-2007, 11:50 AM
less than 12 hours left in Mavs Season.

FUCK THE MAVS!!!

Amuseddaysleeper
05-03-2007, 11:56 AM
the mavs will win tonight

I don't think the warriors know how to close out a series, and the crowd won't be enough

ponky
05-03-2007, 11:58 AM
less than 12 hours left in Mavs Season.

FUCK THE MAVS!!!

it's not over until it's over...and if it happens to be tonight, and i don't think it will, well, there's AC Milan and the Champions League for me, followed by some Wimbledon and French Open, followed by some Vegas basketball qualifiers for the Olympics (which i'll be at in person), followed by the U.S. Open (be at in person), followed by about two months of football....then it's NBA season 07-08...i think i'll live

oh, and in-between there are a couple of gaming cons i want to go to in dallas

hater
05-03-2007, 12:03 PM
it's not over until it's over...and if it happens to be tonight, and i don't think it will, well, there's AC Milan and the Champions League for me, followed by some Wimbledon and French Open, followed by some Vegas basketball qualifiers for the Olympics (which i'll be at in person), followed by the U.S. Open (be at in person), followed by about two months of football....then it's NBA season 07-08...i think i'll live

Don't forget, watch Spurs lift the trophy

ponky
05-03-2007, 12:04 PM

meh, i've seen it before and this bodes well for the mavs next year if the spurs win....we all know they can't repeat the following year

Amuseddaysleeper
05-03-2007, 12:07 PM
meh, i've seen it before and this bodes well for the mavs next year if the spurs win....we all know they can't repeat the following year

if we can have 2 odd numbered years in a row we'd be successful I think

ponky
05-03-2007, 12:08 PM
if we can have 2 odd numbered years in a row we'd be successful I think

:lol :lol :lol

Findog
05-03-2007, 12:09 PM

If not us, then that's fine. Finley would finally get his ring.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-03-2007, 12:12 PM
thanks for the kind words guys

while I do bitch a lot in the Spurs section (I'm pretty pessimistic about my team sadly), in the NBA section, some smack talk may be fun, but really I just wanna talk hoops, and I'm always curious to hear basketball takes from the other side of the fence :toast

Amuseddaysleeper
05-03-2007, 12:13 PM
oops, i meant to post this on other thread where you guys mentioned me :oops

steppy
05-03-2007, 12:14 PM

Why do you constantly feel the need to make everyone aware of your activities? "I got playoff tix", "I sat in the lower level", "I went to Bavaria", "I'm going to qualifiers for the Olympics", "I took the LSAT", etc....WGAF??

For someone that isn't from Dallas you sure do have the arrogance down...that or you're just insecure and want to compensate by updating us on the itinerary of your life.

Findog
05-03-2007, 12:16 PM
WGAF??

You do apparently, otherwise you would scroll past without commenting.

steppy
05-03-2007, 12:17 PM
You do apparently, otherwise you would scroll past without commenting.

Didn't see that response coming. :rolleyes Thanks, drive thru.

ponky
05-03-2007, 12:20 PM
If not us, then that's fine. Finley would finally get his ring.

yup, i would be happy to see finley get a ring as long as it's not at the expense of the mavs and in this case, if the mavs were to get bumped in the first round, at least the spurs didn't bump us. anyway, i was thinking hard about the scenarios if the mavs get bumped tonight or saturday and i will probably root for the bulls (pipe dream, lol) or pistons but i'd much rather the spurs get out of the suns/spurs series quickly because i appreciate their type of balanced game a bit more than the running suns...i saw enough of that when nellie coached the mavs.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-03-2007, 12:25 PM
i would love to see the Bulls come out of the east. Scott Skiles is running a sturdy ship over there

Findog
05-03-2007, 12:26 PM
If the Mavs lose tonite or Saturday, then my order of preference is Spurs (Finley), Suns (Nash), then the Bulls.

ponky
05-03-2007, 12:39 PM
Why do you constantly feel the need to make everyone aware of your activities? "I got playoff tix", "I sat in the lower level", "I went to Bavaria", "I'm going to qualifiers for the Olympics", "I took the LSAT", etc....WGAF??

For someone that isn't from Dallas you sure do have the arrogance down...that or you're just insecure and want to compensate by updating us on the itinerary of your life.

lol, for someone who doesn't *give a fuck*, you follow my every step, pretty sad and yet funny...yeah, i'm insecure, that's it :lmao

steppy
05-03-2007, 12:46 PM
lol, for someone who doesn't *give a fuck*, you follow my every step, pretty sad and yet funny...yeah, i'm insecure, that's it :lmao

Unfortunately, I remember a lot of what I read. Trust me, it's even more unfortunate that your sad little posts stick in my head.

Findog
05-03-2007, 12:47 PM
the mavs will win tonight

I don't think the warriors know how to close out a series, and the crowd won't be enough

Dear God I hope you are right. I'll be popping the xanax starting at about 8:00 pm.

If we could somehow pull this off and come back to win the series, would this tire us out, or would it be more a case of putting hair on your balls to knock off a team playing that well?

Findog
05-03-2007, 12:48 PM
Unfortunately, I remember a lot of what I read. Trust me, it's even more unfortunate that your sad little posts stick in my head.

48 posts? So what is your other more well-known moniker?

monosylab1k
05-03-2007, 12:51 PM

don't forget the Rugby World Cup is this fall. GO IRELAND!

SAtown
05-03-2007, 12:52 PM
Good luck Mavs fans. It sucks for you guys to have a season like that and be in this situation already. Ya'll survived one game already, so who's to say it can't happen again? Game 3 was ridiculous and that won't happen again, as GS would've beaten any team in history (IMO) playing like that. You guys had a good chance in game 4, but Dirk needed to step up earlier, Stackhouse had a hell of a game, and you guys know the rest. Either way, this is one hell of a series.

I'm not giving any good luck to the Mavs themselves, but to the good Mavfans out there. :downspin:

monosylab1k
05-03-2007, 12:52 PM

funny thing is that it takes an incredibly insecure person to go on a nonsensical rant about how insecure somebody else is.

ponky
05-03-2007, 12:53 PM

lol, whatever floats your boat, have at it loser. btw, i've made how many posts? how many have included the stuff you listed over the course of a year and some change? maybe 10 out of 4500? i think i spoke about bavaria after the world cup on a wc thread and some thread about dirk and his drinking, lsat about in some thread when i was discussing law school with some other board peeps like fillmoe, blah blah blah...if your life sucks, sucks to be you, don't hate just because you have lurked on a board for a year trying to remember tidbits about other people's lives

steppy
05-03-2007, 12:54 PM
48 posts? So what is your other more well-known moniker?

:wakeup I have 1 handle here and that's all I need Einstein. If you don't want to believe it then that's your problem.

ponky
05-03-2007, 12:54 PM
Good luck Mavs fans. It sucks for you guys to have a season like that and be in this situation already. Ya'll survived one game already, so who's to say it can't happen again? Game 3 was ridiculous and that won't happen again, as GS would've beaten any team in history (IMO) playing like that. You guys had a good chance in game 4, but Dirk needed to step up earlier, Stackhouse had a hell of a game, and you guys know the rest. Either way, this is one hell of a series.

I'm not giving any good luck to the Mavs themselves, but to the good Mavfans out there. :downspin:

we're just here to entertain the nba crowd who fell asleep during all those eastern conference sweeps. tune in tonight, it should be good! :clap

steppy
05-03-2007, 12:56 PM
lol, whatever floats your boat, have at it loser. btw, i've made how many posts? how many have included the stuff you listed over the course of a year and some change? maybe 10 out of 4500? i think i spoke about bavaria after the world cup on a wc thread and some thread about dirk and his drinking, lsat about in some thread when i was discussing law school with some other board peeps like fillmoe, blah blah blah...if your life sucks, sucks to be you, don't hate just because you have lurked on a board for a year trying to remember tidbits about other people's lives

I've stated what I wanted to. I guess this is another "internet victory" for you. Contratulations on your impressive record. :elephant

steppy
05-03-2007, 12:57 PM
funny thing is that it takes an incredibly insecure person to go on a nonsensical rant about how insecure somebody else is.

Oh really? I have an asshole just like you.

monosylab1k
05-03-2007, 12:59 PM
Oh really? I have an asshole just like you.

what's his name?

steppy
05-03-2007, 01:00 PM
what's his name?

:lol Bob

ponky
05-03-2007, 01:01 PM
I've stated what I wanted to. I guess this is another "internet victory" for you. Contratulations on your impressive record. :elephant

lol, you're so easy to piss off, it's hilarious. apparently "who cares" is a running theme in your posts. why wouldn't you state what you want to, it's a silly forum where people should state WHATEVER they want to without morons trying to ask them why they post certain things in their posts? good god, you're too easy.

steppy
05-03-2007, 01:04 PM
I'm not pissed...far from it. In fact I'm laughing at Mono's post. Nice assumption though.

Oh wait, do you have a camera planted in my machine?

ponky
05-03-2007, 01:06 PM
I'm not pissed...far from it. In fact I'm laughing at Mono's post. Nice assumption though.

ummm, not funny but whatever. anyway, now that you've vented and "stated what you wanted to" i'm going to focus on the nba games tonight, thanks for your input.

Findog
05-03-2007, 01:08 PM

Wow, 8 out of your 53 posts are in this thread. Nearly of a fifth of your "contributions" to this site consist of harrassing and stalking another member. Some of us want to talk hoops. Try it sometime.

steppy
05-03-2007, 01:10 PM
Wow, 8 out of your 53 posts are in this thread. Nearly of a fifth of your "contributions" to this site consist of harrassing and stalking another member. Some of us want to talk hoops. Try it sometime.

Thanks for the advice. Any idea on how to get grass stains out of my jeans?

Flopper
05-03-2007, 01:10 PM
Warriors will win

Findog
05-03-2007, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the advice. Any idea on how to get grass stains out of my jeans?

I have just the advice for that, and I think this is something you can and should pull off:

Get a LOT of explosives. The more the better.

Hook up a detonator to an altimeter. Set it for 100-200 feet. That will give you good dispersion.

Mix vaseline and gasoline in a bucket.

Find a really tall building. Something like the World Trade Center (not anymore, but you get the idea) is perfect and is in a sufficiently crowded area to generate the proper sized crowd.

Get an extra large trench coat, ski mask, duct tape and a lighter.

Bring your materials to the top of your building. Liberally apply the vaseline-gasoline mixture to your entire body. Duct tape the explosives around your legs, arms, head and torso. The more explosives you use, the better. Attach the altimeter to the explosives.

Put on the trench coat and mask so that the explosives are not visible.
Start ranting and throwing things so that you are sure to attract notice. Drag this part out as long as possible. Say anything that comes to mind but try to stay away from real problems. Your love life DOES NOT make for a good sound bite. Ask for news cameras from the major networks. Pace around a lot while waving your arms.

DO NOT let on that you have explosives on your body. The police will clear the area and you definitely don't want that.

When you've gotten the crowd to a fevered pitch, when the helicopters are hovering like vultures, whip off the jacket and set yourself on fire.

Wait until you are completely engulfed in flame then jump.

Try to steer yourself towards the crowd. That way flaming falling body parts will pelt the fleeing onlookers when you explode.

Congratulations! You've just made history.

leemajors
05-03-2007, 02:06 PM
harassing members, sounds provocative!

blog blog blog!

Shank
05-03-2007, 02:13 PM
Blog!

Budkin
05-03-2007, 02:16 PM
Warriors blew their chances and gave the Mavs life. This series is going to the Mavs.

clambake
05-03-2007, 02:23 PM
I think they run the mavs out of the building. They can overcome any deficit, at will.

Testing
05-03-2007, 02:43 PM
I still say Mavs in 7.

TampaDude
05-03-2007, 03:37 PM
I have just the advice for that, and I think this is something you can and should pull off:

Get a LOT of explosives. The more the better.

Hook up a detonator to an altimeter. Set it for 100-200 feet. That will give you good dispersion.

Mix vaseline and gasoline in a bucket.

Find a really tall building. Something like the World Trade Center (not anymore, but you get the idea) is perfect and is in a sufficiently crowded area to generate the proper sized crowd.

Get an extra large trench coat, ski mask, duct tape and a lighter.

Bring your materials to the top of your building. Liberally apply the vaseline-gasoline mixture to your entire body. Duct tape the explosives around your legs, arms, head and torso. The more explosives you use, the better. Attach the altimeter to the explosives.

Put on the trench coat and mask so that the explosives are not visible.
Start ranting and throwing things so that you are sure to attract notice. Drag this part out as long as possible. Say anything that comes to mind but try to stay away from real problems. Your love life DOES NOT make for a good sound bite. Ask for news cameras from the major networks. Pace around a lot while waving your arms.

DO NOT let on that you have explosives on your body. The police will clear the area and you definitely don't want that.

When you've gotten the crowd to a fevered pitch, when the helicopters are hovering like vultures, whip off the jacket and set yourself on fire.

Wait until you are completely engulfed in flame then jump.

Try to steer yourself towards the crowd. That way flaming falling body parts will pelt the fleeing onlookers when you explode.

Congratulations! You've just made history.

WTF??? LOL... :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

TampaDude
05-03-2007, 03:37 PM
I still say Mavs in 7.

Ditto... :tu

monosylab1k
05-03-2007, 03:41 PM
6 hours away fellas....do we have our Dirk shirt on? I fear this is the final time to see our boys play ball.

leemajors
05-03-2007, 03:53 PM
Blog!

blog!

SpursDynasty
05-03-2007, 03:53 PM
Sorry to ruin the fun for Dallas, but the only way Dallas nearly won Game 4 was by Dirk's wild three's at the end of the game.

That is the same way they DID win Game 5: Dirk's wild three's to lead them back from a 9-point deficit.

If Dirk knocks down some wild three's at the end of the game again, then Dallas might escape with the upset win.

Otherwise, GS has dominated the series pace-wise and energy-wise, and I would fully expect them to advance tonight and prepare for Round 2 vs Houston or Utah.

I'm out till game is on.

leemajors
05-03-2007, 03:54 PM
Sorry to ruin the fun for Dallas, but the only way Dallas nearly won Game 4 was by Dirk's wild three's at the end of the game.

That is the same way they DID win Game 5: Dirk's wild three's to lead them back from a 9-point deficit.

If Dirk knocks down some wild three's at the end of the game again, then Dallas might escape with the upset win.

Otherwise, GS has dominated the series pace-wise and energy-wise, and I would fully expect them to advance tonight and prepare for Round 2 vs Houston or Utah.

I'm out till game is on.

don't deprive us, LEONARD won't be able to stalk you!

Shank
05-03-2007, 03:59 PM
blog!

Blog?

leemajors
05-03-2007, 04:20 PM
Blog?

blawg

Shank
05-03-2007, 04:22 PM
Glob.

mabber
05-03-2007, 04:25 PM

I'm out till game is on.

You'll be missed.

timvp
05-03-2007, 04:29 PM
Welcome back, Mav Fan.

LEONARD
05-03-2007, 04:31 PM
don't deprive us, LEONARD won't be able to stalk you!

Damnit...search is disabled now...was on earlier... :bang

and I won't be around til tomorrow afternoon... :cry

FromWayDowntown
05-03-2007, 04:36 PM
Warriors blew their chances and gave the Mavs life. This series is going to the Mavs.

Realizing that I'm sort of straying from the spirit of the proceedings, I'll confine my thoughts to basketball and agree with Budkin.

The Warriors let the Mavs off the mat at the end of Game 5 -- at a time when they should have been cutting the Mavs' hearts out. Teams like the Warriors don't often get more than one chance to carry a lead late in a put-away game. I'm skeptical that they'll have that chance again in this series.

duncan228
05-03-2007, 04:41 PM
I've tried to stay out of the Mavs/Spurs smack. I simply want the Spurs to win the Title, regardless of who they go through to do it.

That being said, I find myself rooting for the Warriors. Just to emphasize how the regular season is really a tune up. It matters, but what matters more is how you're playing now. And how your big dogs come through or not.

I agree with FromWayDowntown, I think the Warriors let their chance slip by. I hope being home tonight can make a difference.
If they don't win tonight I think the Mavs will take it.

And the Spurs will be ready for them.

mabber
05-03-2007, 04:43 PM
Welcome back, Mav Fan.

If you're referring to me, I haven't gone anywhere. I've been here all along, but thanks anyway.

timvp
05-03-2007, 04:52 PM
If you're referring to me, I haven't gone anywhere. I've been here all along, but thanks anyway.

I was referring to all Mav Fan.

Shank
05-03-2007, 05:32 PM
Tim doesn't get around to this side of the forums often.

BLOG.

leemajors
05-03-2007, 05:32 PM
Blaug!

Fillmoe
05-03-2007, 05:36 PM
warriors got this shit

Shank
05-03-2007, 05:47 PM
warriors got this shit

Burger King let you go home early today?

J.T.
05-03-2007, 05:50 PM
I will be at a concert during the game, and immediately following that going to catch the 12:00 showing for Spidey 3. I'll check the box score after the concert on my phone. The Mavs will win this game narrowly, and then blow em out in Game 7 back at home.

Mavs<Spurs
05-03-2007, 06:04 PM
I expect an interesting game.

I really don't know who will win.

I can make arguments for both sides.

Mavs because they actually are the better team and have Dirk and Josh Howard. Had Dallas blown out the Warriors in the last game, I would now be convinced that they were going to win game 6 and take the series.

Warriors because (1) they are at home which will give them some of what they need to actually pull off this huge upset (2) Warriors have dominated the Mavs lately and (3) it's all about the match ups.

If it's not a close game, either team could blow out the other team.

If it is a close game, either team could pull it out.

On the personal stuff, I must side with Ponky.
I actually admire that he does that stuff. I think it's pretty cool!

Obviously, I hope the Warriors win.

bulletedge
05-03-2007, 06:09 PM
I want the Mavs to win BUT playing at GS with the crowd going nuts and the refs giving them plenty of home cookin'...I doubt that they will win.

They CAN win but only with incredible performances by ALL of their players- including the bench...coupled with a subpar shooting game by GS.

If the Mavs dig an early hole I don't see any comeback victories tonight. On the other hand, they might actually start to grow some balls and kick some ass....NAW, won't happen.

edoubledwhy
05-03-2007, 06:10 PM
anyone who's been to the oracle knows, mavs CANNOT win in oakland! pray for an ejection or two

Mavs<Spurs
05-03-2007, 06:15 PM
I want the Mavs to win BUT playing at GS with the crowd going nuts and the refs giving them plenty of home cookin'...I doubt that they will win.

They CAN win but only with incredible performances by ALL of their players- including the bench...coupled with a subpar shooting game by GS.

If the Mavs dig an early hole I don't see any comeback victories tonight. On the other hand, they might actually start to grow some balls and kick some ass....NAW, won't happen.

You never know.

I could see a comeback and a choke by a pretty young Warriors team.

Baron Davis and Jason Richardson and Stephen Jackson would have to prevent the team from choking.

We all remember what happened to LeBron last year after being up on the Pistons and having a chance to close the Pistons out. Of course, we also remember the next series too.

td4mvp21
05-03-2007, 06:23 PM
This game should be very very good. I expect it to go down to the wire. I think the Mavs will come out strong, the Warriors fight back, then it goes back and forth until the end. And I don't know who will win.

Shank
05-03-2007, 06:24 PM
I'll expect a Spiderman review later.

mabber
05-03-2007, 06:42 PM
Tim doesn't get around to this side of the forums often.

BLOG.

Apparently not, as there have been a lot more Mav fans on here lately...compared to 3-4 weeks ago.

monosylab1k
05-03-2007, 07:03 PM
I'll expect a Spiderman review later.

reviews are very mixed so far. from what i've read it's too long and too boring, kinda like Superman. not looking good for ol' Spidey. but i'm seeing it at midnight too so i'll post a review.

Trainwreck2100
05-03-2007, 07:08 PM
reviews are very mixed so far. from what i've read it's too long and too boring, kinda like Superman. not looking good for ol' Spidey. but i'm seeing it at midnight too so i'll post a review.

I'm seeing it at midnight too, as it is my early critique is Dunst is still a shitty Mary Jane

that beeing said.......blizaaauuuug

milkyway21
05-03-2007, 09:02 PM
1 member, 1 guest

where are the Mav fans? :D

Deb
05-03-2007, 09:06 PM
I've tried to stay out of the Mavs/Spurs smack. I simply want the Spurs to win the Title, regardless of who they go through to do it.

That being said, I find myself rooting for the Warriors. Just to emphasize how the regular season is really a tune up. It matters, but what matters more is how you're playing now. And how your big dogs come through or not.

I agree with FromWayDowntown, I think the Warriors let their chance slip by. I hope being home tonight can make a difference.
If they don't win tonight I think the Mavs will take it.

And the Spurs will be ready for them.
If GSW wins tonight, wouldnt' that wrap up the series and they would be the winner?

jaespur21
05-03-2007, 09:08 PM
umm im lookin for the rocket jazz game blog.my bad

hanto03
05-03-2007, 09:08 PM
go golden state go. if theres no b.s. calls by the officiating tonight gs wins. think about it, when was the last time the wavs won a game against a playoff team without help from the boys from the stripey hole?

dirk4mvp
05-03-2007, 09:09 PM
1 member, 1 guest

where are the Mav fans? :D

I just got done eating and checking out the new maps on Gears of War? How you doin'? I don't know if I'll be posting during the game. These late starts are a killer and I'm already tired.

dirk4mvp
05-03-2007, 09:10 PM
go golden state go. if theres no b.s. calls by the officiating tonight gs wins. think about it, when was the last time the wavs won a game against a playoff team without help from the boys from the stripey hole?

I don't quite get stripey hole.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-03-2007, 09:11 PM
I just got done eating and checking out the new maps on Gears of War? How you doin'? I don't know if I'll be posting during the game. These late starts are a killer and I'm already tired.

my god, do I love that game

dirk4mvp
05-03-2007, 09:11 PM

Spidey 3's gonna be the shit.

dirk4mvp
05-03-2007, 09:12 PM
my god, do I love that game

Got the new maps? They're insane.

jaespur21
05-03-2007, 09:12 PM
yeah im probably goin to get the gears map also...they wont be free until september

milkyway21
05-03-2007, 09:13 PM
did Dirk won the 2007 season MVP award?

what if they lose tonight? there will be no ceremony anymore?
They will just send it over to him by mail? :rolleyes :D

Exercise_bike
05-03-2007, 09:15 PM
Go Mavs Go!!!

You can do it Dirk!!!

jaespur21
05-03-2007, 09:16 PM
did Dirk won the 2007 season MVP award?

what if they lose tonight? there will be no ceremony anymore?
They will just send it over to him by mail? :rolleyes :D

thats an interesting idea OMG.........how funny hehehe

Deb
05-03-2007, 09:25 PM
Go Mavs Go!!!

You can do it Dirk!!!
Yea, go for it Dirk. Be the same old loser you've always been. Going fishin is what you are in the playoffs for. Oops, no one told you that wasn't the ultimate goal. :elephant

milkyway21
05-03-2007, 09:27 PM
thats an interesting idea OMG.........how funny hehehe

you know I'm really thinking about it.

Duncan's 2 MVP moments were so precious and so must be Dirks, if he wins... but what if ? :lmao

tsk! tsk! too bad. Go Warriors!

thispego
05-03-2007, 09:27 PM
I can't believe sarunas jasikavic... whatever, can't get any play in this series

whottt
05-03-2007, 09:29 PM
Which pego is thispego?

Vinnie_Johnson
05-03-2007, 09:32 PM
Lets Go GS big time game I have GS rolling by 15.

kingsfan
05-03-2007, 09:34 PM
Lets Go GS big time game I have GS rolling by 15.What happened to Teddy? They're going to lose now :depressed

conversekid
05-03-2007, 09:36 PM
get off the jazz already and let's get to golden state

ATXSPUR
05-03-2007, 09:37 PM
Lets Go Warriors!!!!!!!!!

Vinnie_Johnson
05-03-2007, 09:38 PM
What happened to Teddy? They're going to lose now :depressed

Okay let's roll. Everybody Get up! Get Down Get Funky get loose. :toast

cheguevara
05-03-2007, 09:39 PM
mavfans, are you nervous?

Vinnie_Johnson
05-03-2007, 09:40 PM
http://www.nndb.com/people/861/000062675/tp3.jpeg

Let's Go Warriors!!!!

schadenfreude52
05-03-2007, 09:41 PM
mavfans, are you nervous?

Not at all.

cheguevara
05-03-2007, 09:42 PM
Not at all.

why not?

conversekid
05-03-2007, 09:42 PM
Not at all.

Liar. All MAV fans are nervous. My buddy is a mavs fan and he is shaking, cuz he doesn't know what to know what to expect.

Vinnie_Johnson
05-03-2007, 09:43 PM
Shut up Chuck we all would switch places with your fat ass!

kingsfan
05-03-2007, 09:43 PM
Okay let's roll. Everybody Get up! Get Down Get Funky get loose. :toast:clap Awesome LET'S GO WARRIORS!!!

leemajors
05-03-2007, 09:44 PM
blog!

kingsfan
05-03-2007, 09:45 PM
Shut up Chuck we all would switch places with your fat ass!Hell yea and I can be there in 20 minutes.

DDS4
05-03-2007, 09:45 PM
Man, I've never been so excited for a non-Spur game.

I just want a close game, back and forth. Go Warriors!

cheguevara
05-03-2007, 09:46 PM
WOW, this game is gonna be the most crucial game of round 1 at LEAST. my, my. I am excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deb
Not at all.
I just don't know why I'm shaking all over and I've shit my pants, but I'm not nervous. No siree - not I :spin

cheguevara
mavfans from bottom of my heart. good luck.

that being said. GO WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kingsfan
05-03-2007, 09:47 PM
GS have to win this one, if it goes 7 they're fucked.

Vinnie_Johnson
05-03-2007, 09:47 PM
Man, I've never been so excited for a non-Spur game.

I just want a close game, back and forth. Go Warriors!

Screw that I would be happy as hell with a warriors blow out. I want The Pistons game on late on Saturday I have to work until 4pm.

cheguevara
05-03-2007, 09:48 PM
awesome environment.

NASpurs
Sea of yellow or gold or whatever their color is.

Looks awesome.

conversekid
I love how the fans are ALL wearing the same YELLOW shirts... i WISH the spurs fans would do something like that.

nkdlunch
05-03-2007, 09:49 PM
GAME TIME!!! who's drunk already?

NBA Junkie
Albert and Kerr calling the game- YES!

lrrr
The W's need both Davis and Jackson on the floor to close the series (heck to close a friekin' game!). If both those guys are there at the end, they can close it.

milkyway21
:clap Awesome LET'S GO WARRIORS!!!

it looks like the Mavericks team against the whole whole WORLD :wakeup

Vinnie_Johnson
05-03-2007, 09:50 PM
I love how the fans are ALL wearing the same YELLOW shirts... i WISH the spurs fans would do something like that.

All you need to do is miss the playoffs for 14 years they will look just like those fans.

kingsfan
There are the thuggish fans :lol

NASpurs
Game over.

lefty
FUCK ! Javie and Garretson :pctoss

G-Money
05-03-2007, 09:51 PM
Tonight the mavs season dies.

Vinnie_Johnson
It's over!

Marklar MM
Nice pass from Barnes to JRich

Vinnie_Johnson
05-03-2007, 09:52 PM
Dirk looks tight.

Marklar MM
Biedrins just hit both free throws...the world is going to end.

resistanze
Dirk looks tight.

Tight like a.... :lol

CubanMustGo
05-03-2007, 09:53 PM
GS needs to quit missing layups and tips already

NASpurs
The pain begins...

conversekid
dayum... GS came to play

ATXSPUR
keep it up GS!!!!!

Marklar MM
Dallas needs to wake up purdy soon, or they will be the ones down 20

Vinnie_Johnson
05-03-2007, 09:54 PM
Nice to see Dallas come out and quite the crowd down like that.

conversekid
ya... but this is the same way the mavs came out in game 5 and GS came back on them...

G-Money
GS is going for the kill, Dallas played their last game in dallas last tuseday. Say bye Dirk, its all over. Kiss your MVP good bye too! Go Warriors.

kingsfan
This is going to be fun, I feel it :hungry:
That crowd is awesome. If GS can't feed off that then they don't deserve to win.

nkdlunch
05-03-2007, 09:55 PM
The pain begins...

LMAO

FromWayDowntown
FUCK ! Javie and Garretson :pctoss

Yeah -- this crew would normally be a good crew for a visiting team. Javie seems to thrive sometimes on pissing off a home crowd. Garretson has the same propensity.

Wunderlich, though, is an odd choice for a game like this one. Some Spurs fans with long memories might remember a WCSF game at LA in 2003 (Game 3) where Jack Nicholson got out of his seat and yelled at an official, who immediately made 2 or 3 just horrendously bad calls -- that guy was Mark Wunderlich.

G-Money
The crowd will get in Dirt's I mean Dirks head and they will lose, beat the mavs!

milkyway21
The W's need both Davis and Jackson on the floor to close the series (heck to close a friekin' game!). If both those guys are there at the end, they can close it.according to my crystal ball Stephen Jackson will lose his temper again and will be ejected in the 4th Q, then in the last 5 minutes of the game Davis will commit his 6th foul and have no choice but to sit on the bench and watch Dallas winning the game. :donkey

nkdlunch
I agree. If GS don't win this. they don't deserve to advance. If Dallas takes it away from them, I will be scared.

ducks
05-03-2007, 09:56 PM
smart time out by aj

NASpurs
05-03-2007, 09:56 PM
Thrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

conversekid
05-03-2007, 09:57 PM
oh snap... the 3s are already flying

G-Money
jackson for 3!!!!

Cry Havoc
Man what a start.

nkdlunch
hey mavfans, BTW, Bdiddy is a veteran and got a LOT of experience. Jackson is a champion, he knows what it takes. :D

nkdlunch
oh my.......

conversekid
richardson!

Cry Havoc
Wow.

NASpurs
12-3 bitches!

Vinnie_Johnson
Dallas can't shoot with their hands up around their necks like that.

FromWayDowntown
Great start by GST. Can they maintain it?

ATXSPUR
damn gs means business

kingsfan
RICHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :elephant

ThomasGranger
DAAAAAAAAYUMMMMMMMMM! Dallas is in trouble!

ShoogarBear
05-03-2007, 09:58 PM
Jason Terry preventing the shutout so far.

conversekid
get that crap out of here!

ducks
Great start by GST. Can they maintain it?
why not

lefty
CALM DOWN! it's not over yet

Rejection !!! :elephant

Cry Havoc
GET that SHIT OUTTA HERE!!!!

Nikos
Sjax avatars?

FromWayDowntown
The Warriors are flying right now.

Big 3 by Stackhouse.

nkdlunch
05-03-2007, 09:59 PM
what happened to all the mavfans?

FromWayDowntown
And a huge hit by Jax.

resistanze
Raining 3s already.

conversekid
jax is cold blooded killer

Cry Havoc
YES! Get Stack going early. He'll sink the Mavs.

THREEEEEEEE for buckets!

ShoogarBear
<-----------------------

ThomasGranger
OH SHIT!!!!!!!!! Another 3!!!!!!!!

G-Money
Dirt is choking already!!!!!!

Vinnie_Johnson
Sjax avatars?

No fuck that Get your Baron Pendergrass on :toast

ducks
05-03-2007, 10:00 PM
terry 2 fouls

CubanMustGo
2 PF on nutpuncher, I mean JET

FromWayDowntown
Hustle, hustle, hustle

milkyway21
6 pts Dallas
15 GS

unbelievable :ihit

Cry Havoc
Stack is awful.

FromWayDowntown
Stack big again

Cry Havoc
05-03-2007, 10:01 PM
Dallas can't stop Bierdins?

nkdlunch
good job mavs. not letting it get away

ShoogarBear
GS doing a shitty job at closing out on 3s.

FromWayDowntown
Dallas doing a great job of playing through the Warriors opening punch. Keeping it close enough.

thispego
anybody in austin have their cable go out????

NASpurs
SJax avatar up!

G-Money
damn back to back 3s for dallas. :(

conversekid
05-03-2007, 10:02 PM
baron limpin

ShoogarBear
GS doing a shitty job at closing out on 3s.

FromWayDowntown
Biedrens is getting it done at the rim right now.

Stack has just been nails.

nkdlunch
how stupid can GS be?????

guard STACK!!!!

kingsfan
Fuck you stack. :madrun

Leetonidas
All of Dallas' points are from 3. Not good. They're going to lose if they only shoot threes.

G-Money
damn it stackhouse, Miss your fucking shots, your team doesnt deserve to win this game and your fans know that.

Vinnie_Johnson
05-03-2007, 10:03 PM
Quick get those dumb SJax avatars down.

conversekid
if davis is hurt, this games over

milkyway21
hey i know Dallas is really a good team but if I'm a Mav fan I'd be watching this game lying in my bed with the bed covers over my head and only my eyes peeping the scores:lmao

scary.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
Uhhh oh Davis was limpin

Amuseddaysleeper
oh lord

as horrific as Dallas has been playing they are only down 4

doens't bode well for GS

ducks
stack on fire

nkdlunch
stack has been carrying mavs all series

lefty
It's JINX time !

It's over
Warriors are done
Go Mavs!

ATXSPUR
I think they should let dallas shoot jumpers. those wont go in all night. dont let them drive though.

G-Money
05-03-2007, 10:04 PM
fucking mavs have to cheat so they hurt davis.

NASpurs
Quick get those dumb SJax avatars down.
Believe.

Amuseddaysleeper
dallas may live and di eby the 3 but if those 3's are gonna be ridicuously wide open, they aren't gonna miss too many

thispego
anybody in austin have their cable go out????

nkdlunch
05-03-2007, 10:05 PM
what's wrong w/baron??

nkdlunch
05-03-2007, 10:05 PM
oh damn. Baron out. game over.

ducks
05-03-2007, 10:06 PM
what's wrong w/baron??
did cuban by him to come up limping in middle of game

NASpurs
Ah shit, Davis went back into the locker room.

ShoogarBear
And George Steinbrenner fires the Warriors' trainer.

Admidave50
oh damn. Baron out. game over.

wtf, are u sure?

Is someone watching it through sopcast?

ShoogarBear
It would be nice for Monte to show up.

kingsfan
mavs trying to beat them at their own game, I don't think they can do it.

ATXSPUR
series is over. davis is hurt. fucking dallas lucks out again.

CubanMustGo
05-03-2007, 10:07 PM
Amazing how often the Mavs have the other team's key player out for whatever reason. Shit.

G-Money
Why the fuck do they always call fouls for dirk? this guy is a scrub, has no business in the nba.

Cry Havoc
Davis went to the locker room. He'll probably be back.

easjer
He walked out without assistance and without a limp. They'll check it out, stretch him out and he'll be back.

SJax and co need to step it up though and make it happen while he's out or it's not going to work. Crowd needs to keep up the goodwill.

ShoogarBear
oh lord

as horrific as Dallas has been playing they are only down 4

doens't bode well for GSYep, this is starting to play out like a typical "experienced team wins" scenario.

kingsfan
Amazing how often the Mavs have the other team's key player out for whatever reason. Shit.Tell me about it :depressed

Admidave50
05-03-2007, 10:08 PM
How did Baron get injured?

sabar
05-03-2007, 10:09 PM
Wow _allas always lucks out.

bdictjames
Baron will be back.

G-Money
why is it dallas's ball? God I hate stern he wants the mavs to win...news flash Dallas sucks!

jackiel1219
05-03-2007, 10:10 PM
can GS get a fucking rebound?

bdictjames
How did Baron get injured?
He didn't - its all a conspiracy involving Cuban and the NBA officials.

NASpurs
Geez, someone put a body on their player and rebound!

easjer
It might help if GS picked up a rebound. Those third, fourth and fifth chance points'll kill ya.