PDA

View Full Version : Trade possibilities for next year

BILLYE
05-03-2007, 12:35 PM
I have been contending lately that the Spurs should consider trading for Marion or even Kirilenko. I know that Kirilenko is struggling right now with the Jazz but I think that he would fit well in the defensive scheme with San Antonio and the front line of Duncan/Bowen/Kirilenko would be downright nasty. Does anyone see a major downside to that possibility? Or am I just wishful thinking right now?

Duncanoypi
05-03-2007, 12:37 PM
beno for AK47...or beno for the matrix

Matrix Marion
05-03-2007, 12:39 PM
Duncan for Marion :toast

steppy
05-03-2007, 12:40 PM
Is it bad to discuss trades before the playoffs are over?

Mr. Body
05-03-2007, 12:45 PM
I suggest you familiarize yourself with the salary pages on hoopshype.com where each team's salary figures are itemized per player. They help me immensely.

BILLYE
05-03-2007, 12:46 PM
yeah, i think it is a little premature, but its not like we are getting any younger. I guess the older a team gets, the more preparation for the upcoming season is undertaken.

Samr
05-03-2007, 12:50 PM
yeah, i think it is a little premature, but its not like we are getting any younger.

But right now, old is working. The Spurs currently have reached the balance, with Parker providing the youth and guys like Finley and Horry providing the age. They need to get younger, yes, but very gradually. If you notice the Spurs getting younger, then they did so much to fast.

thekingrobert
05-03-2007, 01:16 PM
I hear Camby's on the trade block Barry and someone else would be a wonderful trade

Duncanoypi
05-03-2007, 01:20 PM
Barry and Beno for Camby.....

oh wait, spurs FO will take it back because these two can handle the ball well..gosh!

PM5K
05-03-2007, 01:24 PM
I say we trade all of our black players for white ones so we'll never get fouls called on our team, we'll easily beat the Bulls 72-10 record..

Extra Stout
05-03-2007, 01:25 PM
I say we trade Beno and the Coyote for LeBron James.

jmard5
05-03-2007, 01:26 PM
Uhm. Eva Longoria for Jessica Alba, anyone? :p:

PM5K
I say we trade Beno and the Coyote for LeBron James.

Dude, who the hell is gonna be our mascot then?

PM5K
Uhm. Eva Longoria for Jessica Alba, anyone? :p:

Oh fuck in a hearbeat...

I'd even throw in Beno, just don't bring Cash Warren...

Extra Stout
05-03-2007, 01:28 PM
Dude, who the hell is gonna be our mascot then?
The Puffy Taco?

PM5K
05-03-2007, 01:29 PM
The Puffy Taco?

We'll have to pay him overtime...

Extra Stout
05-03-2007, 01:30 PM
We'll have to pay him overtime...Him?

Duncanoypi
05-03-2007, 01:30 PM
^alright im with you...

Duncan for LaFrentz
Bowen for Paul Shirley (and his blog)
Horry for Croshere
Vaughn for Dickau
Finley for Pat Garrity
Parker for Travis Diener

Are we all set?

PM5K
05-03-2007, 01:34 PM
^alright im with you...

Duncan for LaFrentz
Horry for Croshere
Vaughn for Dickau
Finley for Pat Garrity
Parker for Travis Diener

Are we all set?

We'll never foul again....

jmard5
05-03-2007, 01:36 PM
^alright im with you...

Duncan for LaFrentz
Horry for Croshere
Vaughn for Dickau
Finley for Pat Garrity
Parker for Travis Diener

Are we all set?

and Longoria for Alba... I know, know. This is getting old already... *sheesh* cheers!

Duncanoypi
05-03-2007, 01:40 PM
pareng jmard, are you in Texas or somewhere there or in the Philippines right now?

jmard5
05-03-2007, 01:42 PM
Working in Makati right now. Graveyard. Hehe.

Duncanoypi
05-03-2007, 01:46 PM
^ah ok..im thinking if the spurs will reach the finals...i'll fly from here(NJ) to Texas to watch the game eventhough I have no relatives/friends to pick me up in the airport...

I know people here in spurstalk are so hospitable and will not let a spurs fan from other country suffer in San Antonio...lol

AFBlue
05-03-2007, 03:26 PM
Trading for big-time players with big-time salaries usually means giving up a big-time player, young player with big-time potential, or lottery-type draft picks....

The Spurs aren't trading Duncan, Parker, or Ginobili....

The only player with "potential" is Jackie Butler, but he doesn't have "Andrew Bynum" trade value....

And the Spurs are picking 28 in the upcoming draft....

Sorry, but entertaining the idea that the Spurs could get a high-level player with high-level salary, such as Kirilenko or Marion is probably a waste of time.

Better to focus on the '07 draft prospects, the talent under the Spurs' umbrella (Scola & Mahinmi), and players with more reasonable trade value.

Big P
05-03-2007, 03:51 PM
Also the MLE could be used to sign a FA, for someone like Pietrus for example. The MLE should be close to $6 mil this year so its possible the Spurs split it up & try to sign 2 players, maybe one for $4 mil & one for $2 mil or maybe 2 players making about $3 mil each.

Big P
05-03-2007, 03:53 PM
But as far as getting someone like Marion or AK47, I can tell you that will not happen. Salaries too big & the Spurs dont have the right combo of talent & expiring contracts teams would want. If you want to hope for something, hope that we can somehow sign Nocioni in a S&T.

bdictjames
05-03-2007, 04:07 PM
Duncan for Marion :toast
But that would make the Suns boring right?

vander
05-03-2007, 04:13 PM
we need to play the 3rd party in whatever deal goes down with LA, we all know that LA has to overhaul this offseason, and we have lots of little pieces that will make other trades fit better: expiring contracts, good role players, overseas assets, whatever. i would like us to somehow unload beno, elson, scola, barry, and maybe some picks for a guy like odom or maggette, or if we are real lucky, maybe land a guy like bynum

Matrix Marion
05-03-2007, 04:14 PM
But that would make the Suns boring right?

Duncan is not that boring. :toast

AFBlue
05-03-2007, 04:26 PM
we need to play the 3rd party in whatever deal goes down with LA, we all know that LA has to overhaul this offseason, and we have lots of little pieces that will make other trades fit better: expiring contracts, good role players, overseas assets, whatever. i would like us to somehow unload beno, elson, scola, barry, and maybe some picks for a guy like odom or maggette, or if we are real lucky, maybe land a guy like bynum

Maggete plays in LA, but you've got the wrong team. And if Bynum is included in a deal, he will be the principle piece going back to Minessota (Garnett), Indiana (O'Neal), or Memphis (Gasol)....not to the Spurs.

I'm sure they'd be obliged to give us Kwame Brown and his $10M though....

pad300
05-03-2007, 05:22 PM
Maggete plays in LA, but you've got the wrong team. And if Bynum is included in a deal, he will be the principle piece going back to Minessota (Garnett), Indiana (O'Neal), or Memphis (Gasol)....not to the Spurs.

I'm sure they'd be obliged to give us Kwame Brown and his $10M though....

If we're going to try and get a player out of LA, lets try something a lot smaller. Try Singleton (LAC) for Beno and pick #58... Singleton might be very useful for us and it would get Beno off our roster.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-03-2007, 08:32 PM
Bonner + cash + 2nd rounder from Bulls to Magic for Ariza.
Beno + 2nd rounder from Bucks + cash to Sonics for 2nd rounder from Memphis.
Barry + Scola + 2008 1st rounder to Blazers for 2008 1st rounder.
Draft Rodney Stuckey and Jason Smith.
Sign Mahinmi.

07 DRAFT
1st rounder-Jason Smith
2nd rounder-Rodney Stuckey

C ELSON/BUTLER
PF DUNCAN/SMITH/MAHINMI
SF BOWEN/WHITE/ARIZA
SG MANU/FINLEY
PG TONY/VAUGHN/STUCKEY

08 DRAFT
1st rounder(from Blazers)
2nd rounder

Pretty solid... and unlikely. I think those are all realistic trades though.

I wish for Acie Law, but it's very doubtful.

cornbread
05-03-2007, 09:15 PM
Speaking of AK47, it looks like the Rockets received his evite to the block party. He's having a helluva game.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-03-2007, 11:48 PM
Trading for big-time players with big-time salaries usually means giving up a big-time player, young player with big-time potential, or lottery-type draft picks....

The Spurs aren't trading Duncan, Parker, or Ginobili....

The only player with "potential" is Jackie Butler, but he doesn't have "Andrew Bynum" trade value....

And the Spurs are picking 28 in the upcoming draft....

Sorry, but entertaining the idea that the Spurs could get a high-level player with high-level salary, such as Kirilenko or Marion is probably a waste of time.

Better to focus on the '07 draft prospects, the talent under the Spurs' umbrella (Scola & Mahinmi), and players with more reasonable trade value.

I nwas wondering how long it would take for someone to actually explain to the OP why he's talking a load of horseshit (no offence, but the NBA isn't Wonderland)... post #24, good effort all! :lol

BTW, love that all-white team! Not only will we never foul again, we'll never score more than 58 pts or win a game! Yippee! :lmao