PDA

View Full Version : The latest on Richardson, Thursday afternoon

Shank
05-03-2007, 02:00 PM
Witness: Warriors' Richardson punched fan in chest
By ART GARCIA
STAR-TELEGRAM STAFF WRITER
Jason Richardson punched a Mavericks fan in the chest late in Game 5, according to a season ticket-holder who says he witnessed the incident Tuesday night at American Airlines Center.

Brett Landes of Dallas was sitting about two feet away when Richardson fell into the stands after missing a 3-pointer with about 30 seconds left in the Mavs' 118-112 win.

“I was there when it happened,” Landes recounted. “I know security asked the guy who was accosted to leave and spoke to him about the incident.

“Jason fell into the second row after chasing a ball and was caught by the guy in the second row. Jason then slapped his hand away and said, ‘Keep your [expletive] hands off me.’ When the guy said something back, J-Rich punched him in the chest and said, ‘I will whip or kick your [expletive].’ Then it was over.”

Landes said Richardson used a closed fist and categorized the punch as “emphatic.” Landes didn’t know what the fan said to Richardson before the alleged punch, but according to Mavs security officials who reviewed tape of the incident, an unidentified fan is seen pushing richardson before the alleged punch.

The league began investigating the incident immediately after the game. If the NBA decides to take action against Richardson, it will be announced today, according to a league official.

Findog
05-03-2007, 02:02 PM
That would get him suspended for the entire postseason if true. I can't believe even in the heat of the moment he would go that far. Without videotape they'll need lots of corroboration from other fans nearby to suspend him.

I just can't imagine they would hold him out tonight this close to gametime. I believe Stack's suspension was 24 hours notice.

Edit: The article says there is videotape. So if that's true, wouldn't it confirm or deny this account?

Marklar MM
05-03-2007, 02:03 PM
HAHA. I wonder if he is actually telling the truth. My opinion is he is trying to get him suspended.

thispego
05-03-2007, 02:08 PM
hahahaha, bullshit
can't wait to see how THIS turns out. Mark Cuban sets a bad example of how fans are supposed to act in the seats most adjacent to the court.

degenerate_gambler
05-03-2007, 02:10 PM
much adoo about nothing..

mardigan
05-03-2007, 02:11 PM
Sounds like bullshit. No video evidence, and some fan is just making up bullshit. Even if it is true the Mav fan probably deserved it

monosylab1k
05-03-2007, 02:12 PM
pretty soon reports will come out that Steven Jackson lent Richardson his Glock and J-Rich proceeded to pistol whip the fan.

Shank
05-03-2007, 02:12 PM
Keep your hands off me, Mardigan. Or I'll whip your ass.

johngateswhiteley
05-03-2007, 02:14 PM
Skank,
...thx for the update, nothing is gonna happen.

Cry Havoc
05-03-2007, 02:20 PM
Geez, 38 people viewing this thread.

Shank
05-03-2007, 02:24 PM
Geez, 38 people viewing this thread.

Slow readers.

PhxDog
05-03-2007, 02:32 PM
No video = not happening.

CubanMustGo
05-03-2007, 02:33 PM
Rich Mav Fan season ticket holder != a bastion of impartiality, move on, nothing to see here

(now 62 people viewing the thread, btw)

monosylab1k
05-03-2007, 02:37 PM
It will be hilarious to see Spurs fans trying to spin and justify this if he indeed punched the fan. there would surely be tons of "the fan deserved it because Finley got punched in the balls" talk being spewed.

but i highly doubt any of this is true. is there a fucking video of this or not? there's too many contradicting stories for this to be true.

Shank
05-03-2007, 02:38 PM
This thread is linked to a post on Goldenstateofmind.com right now. That's where most of the readers are coming from.

So, greetings GSOMers!

CubanMustGo
05-03-2007, 02:39 PM
If there's a video and Richardson's at fault, then yes, suspend him.

Barring that, no. Guys sitting at courtside aren't gonna be unbiased, I don't care whether they're in Dallas, SA, LA (oops, they're at home), Phoenix, or anywhere else.

monosylab1k
05-03-2007, 02:40 PM
This thread is linked to a post on Goldenstateofmind.com right now. That's where most of the readers are coming from.

So, greetings GSOMers!

greetings as well! Matt Barnes is a douchebag!

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-03-2007, 02:41 PM
If J-Rich punched the guy, then he should be suspended. That simple.

hater
05-03-2007, 02:42 PM
greetings as well! Matt Barnes is a douchebag!

why do you say that? Barnes seems to be the most cool headed Warrior. he tries to calm down his teammates.

Findog
05-03-2007, 02:42 PM
It will be hilarious to see Spurs fans trying to spin and justify this if he indeed punched the fan. there would surely be tons of "the fan deserved it because Finley got punched in the balls" talk being spewed.

but i highly doubt any of this is true. is there a fucking video of this or not? there's too many contradicting stories for this to be true.

The article says there IS video, but it shouldn't take the League until 7 hours before gametime to make a decision...it wouldn't be fair for the Warriors to go through their gameprep assuming he's going to play, only to be told different at the last minute.

I'm guessing there is smoke but no fire.

Shank
05-03-2007, 02:44 PM
If there's really nothing to this, wouldn't a decision have been made by now?

monosylab1k
05-03-2007, 02:45 PM
why do you say that? Barnes seems to be the most cool headed Warrior. he tries to calm down his teammates.

he loses points for his cockiness after hitting a 3 and his gay tatoos.

and the fact that he's beating the hell out of the Mavericks.

bdictjames
Must be a drunk fan.

Findog
he loses points for his cockiness after hitting a 3 and his gay tatoos.

He's emblematic of that whole team right now...playing above and beyond what they're normally capable of.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-03-2007, 02:48 PM
and the fact that he's beating the hell out of the Mavericks.

Funny...that's the similar reason I dislike Stack...

Hell, you wish players with that playoff pressure adrenaline played on your team and not on your opposition.

Here's hoping for another entertaining game tonight, Mavs fans.

FromWayDowntown
05-03-2007, 02:48 PM
If he did throw a punch it's unconscionable and the punishment should be severe.

If the fan interfered with Richardson, that's unconscionable too, and the punishment for the fan should be severe.

But from a practical standpoint, I just can't see the league imposing a suspension this close to game time.

Findog
05-03-2007, 02:49 PM
Funny...that's the similar reason I dislike Stack...

Stackhouse is the kind of guy you make alliances with if you're doing time together in prison....He is one mean motherfucker.

leemajors
05-03-2007, 02:57 PM
you scratch his back, he scratches yours? so on and so forth!

Findog
05-03-2007, 02:58 PM
you scratch his back, he scratches yours? so on and so forth!

So he doesn't shank you. You know he'd have no problem doing hard time. Who in their right mind wants to fuck with Stack?

Shank
05-03-2007, 02:59 PM
When Stack was suspended last year, it came down around 4pm the day of the game. So, you never know what the office will do.

Findog
05-03-2007, 03:02 PM
http://cbs11tv.com/sports/local_story_167180744.html

No, actually, the Mavs got 48 hours notice on Stackhouse. I'm guessing nothing is happening because we're 7 hours from gametime. Unless for some reason, the Warriors don't want it announced so the Mavs can prep assuming J-Rich is in there.

Bob Lanier
05-03-2007, 03:04 PM
Who in their right mind wants to fuck with Stack?
http://www.sportserve.co.uk/pics/24-clock-3.gif

mavsfan1000
05-03-2007, 03:05 PM
Man what a thug.

Shank
05-03-2007, 03:35 PM
The guy that was pushed and a witness on ESPN in Dallas right now.

The pushee wasn't a season ticket holder, but just a guest. Says he helped Richardson back up and was then threatened, as we've seen by the quotes but that the NBA officials didn't ask for testimony from many other witnesses in his area.

monosylab1k
05-03-2007, 03:48 PM
I will say this much - I will be PISSED if the Warriors win tonight and then first thing tomorrow morning the NBA office announces "Jason Richardson is suspended for 5 games" or some crap like that.

DarrinS
05-03-2007, 04:02 PM
Landes didn’t know what the fan said to Richardson before the alleged punch, but according to Mavs security officials who reviewed tape of the incident, an unidentified fan is seen pushing richardson before the alleged punch.

End of story. Game over. Nothing will happen.

mabber
05-03-2007, 04:04 PM
End of story. Game over. Nothing will happen.

They would have cleared him already (like they did with SJax & JET) if nothing was going to happen. A fine is coming.

DarrinS
05-03-2007, 04:07 PM
They would have cleared him already (like they did with SJax & JET) if nothing was going to happen. A fine is coming.

Oh, I'm sure they'll fine him, but they won't suspend him.

degenerate_gambler
05-03-2007, 04:09 PM
http://cbs11tv.com/sports/local_story_167180744.html

No, actually, the Mavs got 48 hours notice on Stackhouse. I'm guessing nothing is happening because we're 7 hours from gametime. Unless for some reason, the Warriors don't want it announced so the Mavs can prep assuming J-Rich is in there.

GS or any team for that matter has no say-so over what the league announces or doesn't announce.

mabber
05-03-2007, 04:09 PM
Oh, I'm sure they'll fine him, but they won't suspend him.

I agree.

ducks
05-03-2007, 04:18 PM
If J-Rich punched the guy, then he should be suspended. That simple.
because if someone hits you you should not defend yourself?

Shank
05-03-2007, 04:24 PM
Fine, no suspension is the final word.

$35k or something.

Kermit
05-03-2007, 04:27 PM
if there was video evidence, it would be all over sportscenter and every talking head within a mile of a microphone would be babbling about it. the situation comes to a he said / she said conclusion and if richardson is suspended on the word of an impartial fan then i am heading to phoenix claiming nash touched me inappropriately in my special place. hopefully this incident will be over to a tune of $10,000 from jrich's pocket.

mabber
05-03-2007, 04:27 PM
Fine, no suspension is the final word.

$35k or something.

Good, didn't want to have to put up with all the conspiracy posts if he got suspended.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-03-2007, 04:29 PM
I will say this much - I will be PISSED if the Warriors win tonight and then first thing tomorrow morning the NBA office announces "Jason Richardson is suspended for 5 games" or some crap like that.

:lmao

the sad thing mono is that, that is a very realistic possibility knowing the league

infinite styles
05-03-2007, 04:52 PM
Funny how the witness knew everything that JRich said but had no clue what the fan said to him. Thats usually a sign of making up a story.