PDA

View Full Version : JRich $35k fine, no suspension

Shank
05-03-2007, 04:29 PM
And there was a video of it, but it didn't show anything conclusive as the cameraman turned around after Richardson fell into the crowd.

Finally, this crap is over.

Let's ball, mo'fakkas!

ALVAREZ6
05-03-2007, 04:32 PM
I hope he fuckin balls outta control tonight.

Go Warriors!

mabber
05-03-2007, 04:33 PM
I hope he fuckin balls outta control tonight.

Go Warriors!

Warriors will win if both Davis & Richardson have good games. The Mavs need to slow down one of them.

bulletedge
05-03-2007, 04:49 PM
I'm glad he didn't get suspended just so we don't have to listen to all of the "Cuban paid the league off", etc. Plus, it would have just thrown more fuel on the fire of the already burning out of control Warriors and their fans.

As much as Stern hates Cuban I would think that he wants Dallas to lose even more than your average, beard-wearing Spurs fan.

DarrinS
05-03-2007, 04:54 PM
Easy call.

johngateswhiteley
05-03-2007, 04:55 PM
not news...

monosylab1k
05-03-2007, 04:57 PM
not news...

then why is it being reported?

http://www.nba.com/news/richardson_fined_070503.html

alamo50
05-03-2007, 05:00 PM
Screw you Cuban!
Let's play ball!

LEONARD
05-03-2007, 05:02 PM
Screw you Cuban!
Let's play ball!

What did Cuban do??

leemajors
05-03-2007, 05:03 PM
What did Cuban do??

the fan was his brother in law.

baseline bum
05-03-2007, 05:21 PM

link?

leemajors
05-03-2007, 05:25 PM
link?

i can't reveal my sources... and i don't even know if his wife has a brother, so...

kskonn
05-03-2007, 05:31 PM
Warriors will win if both Davis & Richardson have good games. The Mavs need to slow down one of them.
sounds exactly like the situation the spurs were just in.

I'm glad he didn't get suspended just so we don't have to listen to all of the "Cuban paid the league off", etc. Plus, it would have just thrown more fuel on the fire of the already burning out of control Warriors and their fans.

As much as Stern hates Cuban I would think that he wants Dallas to lose even more than your average, beard-wearing Spurs fan[U].

The funny thing is I actually saw a guy with the fake baron davis beard on at the spurs game last night. He then started chants after the game of "lets Go Warriors"

skozsert
05-03-2007, 05:38 PM
Well I guess this shows that the nba will suspend you for pushing women but not fans. That fan should be careful, next time "JRich" will kick him in front of his own kids too. link (http://www.allsports.com/cgi-bin/showstory.cgi?story_id=45323)

01Snake
05-03-2007, 06:15 PM

NOT. However, Cuban did "press" the issue.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-03-2007, 06:31 PM
Well I guess this shows that the nba will suspend you for pushing women but not fans. That fan should be careful, next time "JRich" will kick him in front of his own kids too. link (http://www.allsports.com/cgi-bin/showstory.cgi?story_id=45323)

Aw, look, another bitter Mavs fan.

mardigan
05-03-2007, 06:38 PM
For 35k I hope he got a really good shot in on that Mavs fan

ball_gyrl
05-03-2007, 06:41 PM
For 35k I hope he got a really good shot in on that Mavs fan

For 35K he should go find the fan and throw down some more. :dizzy

thispego
05-03-2007, 06:46 PM

As much as Stern hates Cuban I would think that he wants Dallas to lose even more than your average, beard-wearing Spurs fan.
pfffffffffft. who says that?

skozsert
05-03-2007, 08:24 PM
"Jacqmain, who testified on Wednesday, said that after the two argued, Richardson shoved her into the wall, creating a large hole. After getting their daughter from her room, Richardson then kicked her."

Sounds familiar...........

mavsfan1000
05-03-2007, 08:26 PM
Fuck you David Stern. I guess you only suspend players that are on the mavs team. He SHOULD be suspended tonight.

mardigan
05-03-2007, 08:28 PM
Fuck you David Stern. I guess you only suspend players that are on the mavs team. He SHOULD be suspended tonight.
Oh yea, cause so many Mavs have been suspended :rolleyes

TheSanityAnnex
05-03-2007, 08:29 PM
How else are we supposed to win?

RonMexico
05-03-2007, 08:37 PM

Ok, pal - if SJax or Terry weren't suspended, then there was no way that JRich should be.

Secondly, Mbenga was suspended because he LEFT the BENCH and went INTO THE STANDS which is a CLEAR VIOLATION of the RULES OF THE LEAGUE.

skozsert
05-03-2007, 09:11 PM
Of course shoving fans and cursing at them is only an unclear violation of league rules........

CubanMustGo
05-03-2007, 09:18 PM
Of course shoving fans and cursing at them is only an unclear violation of league rules........

http://img73.exs.cx/img73/8885/cryingbaby6qc.jpg

RonMexico
05-03-2007, 09:24 PM

And a fan grabbing a professional athlete during the course of the game is definitely OK.

But I guess that's how it is in this country these days - clear violations like nut punching and impeding a player's ability to perform is job are debateable, but you're banned for life if you call Dikembe Mutombo a monkey. Such is the state of thin-skinned America.

skozsert
05-03-2007, 09:44 PM
Thats not exactly how the eyewitness interviews I have heard described it but....... if thats how it went down then the fan should be banned from AAC and NBA events. Richardson should still be suspended. If I had a history of assault, was accused of assault by the victim and several witnesses, and admitted that the contact took place (albeit with claimed justification) I would be arrested that night and have my chance to explain it to a judge.

RonMexico
05-03-2007, 10:14 PM
Thats not exactly how the eyewitness interviews I have heard described it but....... if thats how it went down then the fan should be banned from AAC and NBA events. Richardson should still be suspended. If I had a history of assault, was accused of assault by the victim and several witnesses, and admitted that the contact took place (albeit with claimed justification) I would be arrested that night and have my chance to explain it to a judge.

Talk to me again, [expletive deleted], and I will whoop your ass.

Hahaha - I'm a little... :drunk