PDA

View Full Version : one hell of an offseason for mavs ...

ducks
05-03-2007, 11:42 PM
will cuban sell
will aj get dirk traded

Findog
05-03-2007, 11:47 PM
Props to the Warriors. They out-everythinged us. Cuban already said he wouldn't sell. A lot has to change though.

Findog
05-03-2007, 11:48 PM
Let's see Nash came back to eliminate us, now Nellie has done the same, it would just be our luck for them to trade Dirk and he does as well.

Cry Havoc
05-03-2007, 11:50 PM
It isnt completely Dirk's fault. Most big players would struggle in this up and down type of play.

Struggling would be going 7-26 and getting a few rebounds.

Dirk has 4 points.

That's not struggling. That's being unwillingly raped and then summarily dragged to the guillotine for liking it.

itzsoweezee
05-03-2007, 11:51 PM
It isnt completely Dirk's fault. Most big players would struggle in this up and down type of play.

it also doesn't help that his team doesn't pass to him.

Findog
05-03-2007, 11:52 PM
Struggling would be going 7-26 and getting a few rebounds.

Dirk has 4 points.

That's not struggling. That's being unwillingly raped and then summarily dragged to the guillotine for liking it.

I feel bad for him. He's a humble, likeable guy that wants to be a good teammate. He'll never live this down.

Cry Havoc
05-03-2007, 11:52 PM
it also doesn't help that his team doesn't pass to him.

Please look up his shooting numbers and then offer a reason why you would pass him the ball.

ducks
05-03-2007, 11:53 PM
dirk does not want the ball

judaspriestess
05-03-2007, 11:54 PM
what has to change is the ATTITUDE of the team and it starts with cuban.
What changes need to be made besides cuban not being so up his players asses. This should be a very humbling experience for the mavs, one can only hope.

Findog
05-03-2007, 11:55 PM
dirk does not want the ball

It's a mystery as to why he lost all of his aggressiveness. This is not the same guy from last year's playoffs. Only part of his struggles can be blamed on how they're defending him. I don't know if "blowing up" the team is the answer, but you can't stand pat either. And you have to consider trading him to a Leastern team and going in a different direction. He's a good guy, but you can't win a title with him as your #1 guy.

ponky
05-03-2007, 11:56 PM
What changes need to be made besides cuban not being so up his players asses. This should be a very humbling experience for the mavs, one can only hope.

dirk has always been humble, that's part of his problem in this league filled with superstars

leemajors
05-03-2007, 11:57 PM
howard for scola!

Findog
05-03-2007, 11:59 PM

Agreed. There is something rotten at the core of this team. I am grateful to Cuban for all that he has done in terms of resurrecting a dead franchise and being willing to go into luxury tax territory to put a good team on the court, but his antics hurt this team.

I just hope that he and the braintrust don't do anything rash, they just wait 6 weeks until the draft and then sit down and take a good, hard, long look at this team and what it needs and lacks. 67 regular season wins is ultimately fool's gold, but we're not the Hawks or Grizzlies either. More than X's and O's, I think this team needs an infusion of guts and mental fortitude. Only Stack seems to have that steeliness, and he's getting older.

ducks
05-04-2007, 12:01 AM
dirk for kobe?

MiNuS
05-04-2007, 12:07 AM
let the healing begin......

pad300
05-04-2007, 12:32 AM
It's a mystery as to why he lost all of his aggressiveness. This is not the same guy from last year's playoffs. Only part of his struggles can be blamed on how they're defending him. I don't know if "blowing up" the team is the answer, but you can't stand pat either. And you have to consider trading him to a Leastern team and going in a different direction. He's a good guy, but you can't win a title with him as your #1 guy.

Findog, the only reason he was "aggressive" last year was the refs were giving him everything up until game 3 of the Finals. As soon as he quit getting gifts, he dissappeared. It's why I was so fucking pissed about the Spurs series last year. Look at the only 2 games he had that were decent this year - games 2 and 5. Each time, the refs were raping the other team. If he doesn't get those calls, he candyasses it.

easjer
05-04-2007, 12:44 AM
I think having your former coach and friend, the same guy responsible for molding you into the player you are primarily are, play his team directly against your weaknesses will fuck with your head.

GS w/out Nellie coaching them doesn't beat Dallas.

It's easy to say he should have been more aggressive, but Nellie fucked him up in the head real good.

SpursFanFirst
05-04-2007, 12:46 AM
Props to the Warriors. They out-everythinged us. Cuban already said he wouldn't sell. A lot has to change though.

When did he say that?
Last I knew, he had offers, but Dirk and Terry talked him out of it...I was wondering if he'd change his tune after this...

mavsbandwagon01
05-04-2007, 12:49 AM
Findog, the only reason he was "aggressive" last year was the refs were giving him everything up until game 3 of the Finals. As soon as he quit getting gifts, he dissappeared. It's why I was so fucking pissed about the Spurs series last year. Look at the only 2 games he had that were decent this year - games 2 and 5. Each time, the refs were raping the other team. If he doesn't get those calls, he candyasses it.

The Dirk from that series and this series played very different. The better team won, just like Miami and GS were the better team versus Dallas. You're gonna have a hard time enjoying the game if you use the refs as an excuse every time your team loses

BeerIsGood!
05-04-2007, 12:54 AM
If Cuban sold the Mavs I wouldn't mind them so much.

aaronstampler
05-04-2007, 12:58 AM
dirk has always been humble, that's part of his problem in this league filled with superstars

What does that even mean? Tim is humble. Manu is humble. Humility isn't Dirk's problem. The problem is you can't be a leader if all you can do is score and he is miscast for that role and it's some bullshit thing the media and AJ and Cuban put on him. He never asked for it.

BradLohaus
05-04-2007, 01:43 AM
He's a good guy, but you can't win a title with him as your #1 guy.

It's certainly looking that way. Dirk would be the best second fiddle in the league.

gtownspur
05-04-2007, 01:45 AM

THis is so true!

Sincerely

Bicycle machine.