PDA

View Full Version : Coaching Stradegy Revisted...

da_suns_fan__
05-03-2007, 11:49 PM
Where's Ponky, Mabber, Stretch etc. laughing about how many minutes D'Antoni decided to play his starters down the stretch of the regular season?

It was Avery Johnson's decision not to even try to win against the Warriors the final week of the season. Had they actually attempted to win the basketball game, they might not have had this collosal meltdown.

Avery's over-managing costs them a shot at a title. And you all hailed him as a GENIUS!!!!

nkdlunch
05-03-2007, 11:50 PM
LOL at AJ putting in a rookie in the 4th quarter :lmao

SRJ
05-04-2007, 03:23 AM
I agree with da suns fan.

I think taking time away from real basketball - despite how early you may have clenched this seed or that seed - hurts the team. The Spurs basically sat out the last two games of the regular season, and I think it contributed to the game one loss to Denver.

Now Dallas had clinched their spot well before the Spurs did; had they kept their foot on the gas, they may have been in a rhythm more similar to the rest of their season. Golden State, OTOH, had been playing their asses off to get the #8 seed, so they were right in stride when the series started.

Of course, this is one contributing factor in the Dallas loss, and there were many. However, this was a factor in the Mavericks' control.

danger
05-04-2007, 04:18 AM
plus the warriors were fighting for the 8th spot with clippers. makes you wonder how the warriors would of ended up in the standings if the mavs would of played them hard and "luckly" won that meaningless game...

RonMexico
05-04-2007, 04:23 AM
Yeah, and the Suns got ripped on by ponky and co. for "trying" during the final week of the season and losing two games.

I'm pretty sure I heard things like, "Ah, I don't care - Avery's giving my boys a rest so they'll be ready!!!" [insert emoticon here] during that last week while D'Antoni was shredded for logging too many minutes for Nash at that point. I said it then and I'll say it again - two games of Steve getting 20 minutes per game isn't going to make him any more rested in Game 6 of the WCSF when the game is on the line than if he played 30 mins.

Purple & Gold
05-04-2007, 04:25 AM
Suns fans shouldn't start talking shit. You guys haven't won anything yet. :nope

da_suns_fan__
05-04-2007, 08:20 AM
Suns fans shouldn't start talking shit. You guys haven't won anything yet. :nope

Youre still here?

Shouldn't you join your buddies over at Lakersground.net in pipe dream trade talk speculation?

ponky
05-04-2007, 10:08 AM
i believe i'll be laughing pretty hard on sunday, try to keep up...we are the cherry on top of fuckups this season but having the second best record in the league with a two-time mvp and two little arrogant all-stars and getting bumped in the second round doesn't allow you much time to talk smack, get it all in now because by the same time next week, you'll be reminiscing about what it was like to get all the way to the wcf the last two years

Purple & Gold
05-04-2007, 10:23 AM
Youre still here?

Shouldn't you join your buddies over at Lakersground.net in pipe dream trade talk speculation?
Get back to me once your team has actually won something.

ShackO
05-04-2007, 10:24 AM
Where's Ponky, Mabber, Stretch etc. laughing about how many minutes D'Antoni decided to play his starters down the stretch of the regular season?

It was Avery Johnson's decision not to even try to win against the Warriors the final week of the season. Had they actually attempted to win the basketball game, they might not have had this collosal meltdown.

Avery's over-managing costs them a shot at a title. And you all hailed him as a GENIUS!!!!

He still may be a GENIUS!!!....... Because he doesn't win it after coaching such a short time does not prove otherwise IMO............

Hindsight is not always 20/20=That has come back to haunt him but then it assumes they would have won............ Not a given considering how they played against the Warriors.............. + what if someone had come up lame or injured during the game............ Then he would be seen as an idiot......

Dirk for MVP.................:rolleyes

http://www.starmania.com/JesseRutherford/images/CHOKE.JPG