PDA

View Full Version : warriors fans, congrats

ponky
05-03-2007, 11:54 PM
i'm really fucking depressed right now but you guys deserved the wins, good luck in the next series, i sincerely hope davis is alright. i'm not pussying out, i'll be back on the board and i'm not bailing on the mavs or dirk (god knows why) but i need to chill and do something to get my mind off this loss

have fun with the smack, my team deserves it right now, except for stack and jho who played very well.

warriors, :toast

Kevin Blackistone
05-04-2007, 12:01 AM
This is one of those rare occasions in basketball when I have no explanation for what I'm seeing. How do you go 82 games on a complete blitz and then lay down? Dirk, answer the question son...

ducks
05-04-2007, 12:02 AM
aj messed up and did not tank so they would not get gs

Findog
05-04-2007, 12:03 AM
Yes, Congratulations to the Warriors and their fans. You out-everythinged us. Execution, coaching, heart, mental fortitude, fan support. Everything.

Have fun with the gloating and trashtalk, you've earned it.

Beaverfuzz
05-04-2007, 12:06 AM
aj messed up and did not tank so they would not get gs

Just like what Steve Kerr said, had Dallas not rested their starters vs Golden State the last week of the season, Golden State wouldn't even be in the playoffs.

Karma's a bitch

mavsfan1000
05-04-2007, 12:07 AM
Great job Warriors. You played one hell of a series. I guess y'all saved it for the playoffs. This team should've had a much better record than 42-40.

da_suns_fan__
05-04-2007, 12:09 AM
Ponky talks up a shit storm an entire year and then wants to act with "class" when her team gets humiliated for the second year in a row.

I wonder what "mary" over at Mavs talk is writing about this game?

Still want to make fun of that Bill Simmons "Suns are great" article Ponky?

Axl Van Dam
05-04-2007, 12:10 AM
i'm really fucking depressed right now but you guys deserved the wins, good luck in the next series, i sincerely hope davis is alright. i'm not pussying out, i'll be back on the board and i'm not bailing on the mavs or dirk (god knows why) but i need to chill and do something to get my mind off this loss

have fun with the smack, my team deserves it right now, except for stack and jho who played very well.

:reading IMO Dallas' premature exit can be attributed to one thing : BURNOUT. Your boys didn't preserve enough energy for the postseason. I think that's the same thing that happened to the Heat. :reading

missmyzte
05-04-2007, 12:11 AM
Just like what Steve Kerr said, had Dallas not rested their starters vs Golden State the last week of the season, Golden State wouldn't even be in the playoffs.

Karma's a bitch
I didn't think about that until Kerr said it, that's funny. Life and its ironies.

Xylus
05-04-2007, 12:11 AM
The only fans who have the right to talk smack right now are the Golden State Warriors.

The rest of you should just shut the fuck up.

Last I checked, both the Suns and Spurs lost to the Mavs last year.

Chr!s Childs
05-04-2007, 12:13 AM
After this game I think I finally have some respect now for mavs fans.

mardigan
05-04-2007, 12:13 AM
The only fans who have the right to talk smack right now are the Golden State Warriors.

How bout you dont be giving orders, its a Spurs board we will fucking talk shit if we feel like it. Mavs fans have talked shit all year so maybe you should shut the fuck up

Xylus
05-04-2007, 12:14 AM
How bout you dont be giving orders, its a Spurs board we will fucking talk shit if we feel like it. Mavs fans have talked shit all year so maybe you should shut the fuck up
You tell me not to give orders, and then you issue an order yourself? :lol

Consider mine a friendly suggestion, brother.

mavsbandwagon01
05-04-2007, 12:14 AM
I dont understand the Mavs hate. We now own the biggest choke title for the foreseable future. I figure most fans would feel glad this didn't happen to them.

MavTalker
05-04-2007, 12:15 AM
This loss is on Avery How can you wait till 5:17 left on the clock and tell Dirk to take it to the basket? Why would you let your team rely on 20 foot bombs all day?

What kind of coaching is that? I would not be upset if we lost and played ok it's playing like the Hawks and losing is what sucks.

Congrats to the Warriors I hope you beat the Spurs.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/Misc/mavtalk-4.gif

mardigan
05-04-2007, 12:15 AM
You tell me not to give orders, and then you issue an order yourself? :lol

Consider mine a friendly suggestion, brother.
Consider mine a suggestion too

Xylus
05-04-2007, 12:16 AM
Consider mine a suggestion too
Fair enough.

Now shut the fuck up.

judaspriestess
05-04-2007, 12:17 AM
This is one of those rare occasions in basketball when I have no explanation for what I'm seeing. How do you go 82 games on a complete blitz and then lay down? Dirk, answer the question son...

Steve Kerr said it best as the minutes ticked away. ARROGANCE. Starting with mark cuban. I said karma would be paying the mavpricks a visit and she was pissed. whos the dumbfuck now?

efrem1
05-04-2007, 12:18 AM
It was just a simple matchup problem. I hope that you remedy your problems during the offseason. Take care.

mardigan
05-04-2007, 12:19 AM
Fair enough.

Now shut the fuck up.
Ummm.....fuck you

Borosai
Dallas was caught trying to play Golden State's game. As much as I hate the Mavs, I feel bad for the fans who really care...I know it sucks.

Take out your frustrations in some very creative sigs.

Oh, and at least a good number of Mavs fans showed up.

exstatic
If you could bottle that crowd and sell it, I know about 29 other owners that would pay millions...

Beaverfuzz
05-04-2007, 12:20 AM

Last year was last year

Xylus
05-04-2007, 12:21 AM
Last year was last year
Point is, it was the Golden State Warriors who won, not the San Antonio Spurs.

Kevin Blackistone
05-04-2007, 12:24 AM
If you could bottle that crowd and sell it, I know about 29 other owners that would pay millions...

Instead of paying millions, why not have rabid fans in the arena and not in the balcony. Oh yeah, because those seats have to cost hundreds of dollars a piece. Nevermind.

exstatic
05-04-2007, 12:26 AM
There was a line from the song Walking in Memphis:

and she asked me "are you a Christian" and I said "Ma'am, I am tonight".

There are lots of Warrior fans tonight.

Kevin Blackistone
05-04-2007, 12:27 AM

:lol Suns fan is reving up the attitude for Sunday. It's gonna be a nice battle, the Suns are a damn good offensive squad.

Cry Havoc
05-04-2007, 12:28 AM

Respect, ponky. Get some rest. I'm a Cubs fan, so I know exactly how you feel. Still have a bullet named Bartman lying around.... it goes to my .454 Taurus Raging Bull Casull.....

schadenfreude52
05-04-2007, 12:33 AM
Congratulations to the Golden State Warriors. You have proven to all of us that you are an amazing team that is not to be trifled with. I really hope that the bravado that your team and your fans have shown will inspire the Mavs to strive for greater success in future seasons.

On the whole, I'm disappointed by my team. To be honest, with our amazing regular season run, I was very optimistic that we would be hoisting the Larry O'Brien trophy into the air in early June. With this colossal fall, I think that I can better sympathize with how the Pistons and their fans felt last season after their own upset. My hope is that we can make the right adjustments to achieve our ultimate goal, and with luck, those adjustments will not involve moving Dirk (he still is one of my favorite players).

As far as trashtalk goes, it is to be expected, and evidently, as the Mavs have shown us, is merited. As a result, I'll will not visit Spurstalk for about a day or two, during which time I hope the frenzy dies down and the focus shifts toward the upcoming semifinals.

Now there's one thing that I ask of the Warriors and their fans. Please show the same amount of energy you've shown in this series. Do not collapse in the second round. Prove to the other teams, as you did to the Mavs, that you really did deserve to make the playoffs. And if possible, give Nelly the success he was never able to get while coaching the Mavs. Coach Nelson is a really great guy and clearly deserves a great amount of respect for all the effort he has given to the sport of basketball.

For all the teams that are still in it, I wish only the best of luck.

GO MAVS!

loveThe23
05-04-2007, 12:35 AM
dang, and i remember in the regular season how everyone was all over dallas. im for the warriors 100%, but this IS kind of upsetting in a way. i can only imagine how mav fans feel, but since most of you talked alot of shit in the regular season, guess nobody will feel bad. except ponky, shes cool, so i kind of see what you're going through having choked many times. :bang but yeah anyways its the mavs' fault, they should've really thought about it, especially dirk. mvp what? not from this series. anyway, the Warriors deserve MAJOR props for this.... this is a wakeup call to the rest of the league im hoping. :elephant

2centsworth
05-04-2007, 12:39 AM
I think once the Mavs beat San Antonio they felt they had accomplished all there is in basketball. They apparently have lost their motivation because they have accomplished their ultimate goal. Otherwise, how else can you explain losing their last 8 out of 10 playoff games since their victory over SA?

Cry Havoc
05-04-2007, 12:44 AM
Congratulations to the Golden State Warriors. You have proven to all of us that you are an amazing team that is not to be trifled with. I really hope that the bravado that your team and your fans have shown will inspire the Mavs to strive for greater success in future seasons.

On the whole, I'm disappointed by my team. To be honest, with our amazing regular season run, I was very optimistic that we would be hoisting the Larry O'Brien trophy into the air in early June. With this colossal fall, I think that I can better sympathize with how the Pistons and their fans felt last season after their own upset. My hope is that we can make the right adjustments to achieve our ultimate goal, and with luck, those adjustments will not involve moving Dirk (he still is one of my favorite players).

As far as trashtalk goes, it is to be expected, and evidently, as the Mavs have shown us, is merited. As a result, I'll will not visit Spurstalk for about a day or two, during which time I hope the frenzy dies down and the focus shifts toward the upcoming semifinals.

Now there's one thing that I ask of the Warriors and their fans. Please show the same amount of energy you've shown in this series. Do not collapse in the second round. Prove to the other teams, as you did to the Mavs, that you really did deserve to make the playoffs. And if possible, give Nelly the success he was never able to get while coaching the Mavs. Coach Nelson is a really great guy and clearly deserves a great amount of respect for all the effort he has given to the sport of basketball.

For all the teams that are still in it, I wish only the best of luck.

GO MAVS!

No trash-talk necessary.

NO ONE seriously expected this, not even Spurs fans. Not even Warriors fans. If prior to the start of game 1 you tell them they can play the Mavs for 7 games or have the game tied 3-3 with the ball in Dallas with 1:00 to play, they probably take the latter. People make bold predictions, but they make the same underdog calls every year, most of which never come to fruition.

This was an abomination. A train wreck. A completely unexpected dimension of a collapse by the Mavs.

I really have to wonder if there is something we don't know. Your team was so much better than I saw during this series. I'm just blown away by the scope of this.

Again, no smack-talk. It sucks when this kind of thing happens. A team that's competing for a title and goes down very early... there's nothing worse in sports for the fans.

Like I said to ponky, get some rest. It's just a game. It sucks horribly, but you'll make it.

We might even let you touch the trophy if we win it. ;) :toast

joeyjfive
05-04-2007, 12:44 AM
I think once the Mavs beat San Antonio they felt they had accomplished all there is in basketball. They apparently have lost their motivation because they have accomplished their ultimate goal. Otherwise, how else can you explain losing their last 8 out of 10 playoff games since their victory over SA?

Seriously Dallas always seems to play their best games against the Spurs it was weird seeing them miss so many shots and make so many mistakes.

shyne
05-04-2007, 12:45 AM

Your team is next bitch so you shut the fuck up.

SpursDynasty
05-04-2007, 12:48 AM
Guys, guys, guys. There is so much noise on this board tonight just because Dallas got eliminated. The Warriors were the favorites coming into the series, they just went out and beat a team they were supposed to beat. 67-15? That was just by Dallas hitting a couple of lucky shots here and there, and faked their way to the top regular season record. I mean they're not that big of a deal. They are 2-8 in their last 10 playoff games.

The focus now shifts to the 2nd round. The Spurs have been the favorite all year to win the championship, and will take home their 3rd trophy in 5 seasons.

THE SIXTH MAN
05-04-2007, 12:48 AM

Bitch why don't you shut the fuck up. If your pussy ass cant handle the shit that's being talked then fucking log off stupid cunt.

sprrs
05-04-2007, 12:59 AM
As good as it feels to see the Mavs knocked out in the first round, it must be horrible to be a Mavs fan right now. I know I felt like crap after last year's WCSFs, and this worse.

Props to the Mavs fans who are still here.

ponky
05-04-2007, 01:04 AM
Ponky talks up a shit storm an entire year and then wants to act with "class" when her team gets humiliated for the second year in a row.

lol, why shouldn't i talk shit, it's part of rooting for a sports team and watching sports? anyway, my congratulations isn't hollow, i always congratulate whichever team the mavs are playing when the mavs lose, don't be such a fag. btw, i'm not mary but i believe she posts on dallas-mavs.com, not mavstalk. yeah, i still wanna make fun of that bill simmons article...be sure to bump this when the *historically good* suns get their asses handed to them in the second round.

ponky
05-04-2007, 01:06 AM
As good as it feels to see the Mavs knocked out in the first round, it must be horrible to be a Mavs fan right now. I know I felt like crap after last year's WCSFs, and this worse.

Props to the Mavs fans who are still here.

i do feel pretty fucking horrible and i thought i'd take a break from this board but i'm going to do a terrible thing and commit a very sinful act on sunday...root for the spurs...so i wanna be around when the suns lose and watch all the suns fans commit bukkake. i won't be talking to smack to them because my team is out, i just wanna be here to watch.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-04-2007, 01:07 AM
well, we're glad to have you aboard ponky :)

ponky
05-04-2007, 01:09 AM
No trash-talk necessary.

NO ONE seriously expected this, not even Spurs fans. Not even Warriors fans. If prior to the start of game 1 you tell them they can play the Mavs for 7 games or have the game tied 3-3 with the ball in Dallas with 1:00 to play, they probably take the latter. People make bold predictions, but they make the same underdog calls every year, most of which never come to fruition.

This was an abomination. A train wreck. A completely unexpected dimension of a collapse by the Mavs.

I really have to wonder if there is something we don't know. Your team was so much better than I saw during this series. I'm just blown away by the scope of this.

Again, no smack-talk. It sucks when this kind of thing happens. A team that's competing for a title and goes down very early... there's nothing worse in sports for the fans.

Like I said to ponky, get some rest. It's just a game. It sucks horribly, but you'll make it.

We might even let you touch the trophy if we win it. ;) :toast

Thank you, good luck in the next series Spurs fans....although, you won't need it, Manu will be enough.

ponky
05-04-2007, 01:10 AM
well, we're glad to have you aboard ponky :)

:lol my daddy will be proud, he's a spurs fan....i did it back when you guys played the lakers, i think i can do it again...ok, i'm out for the night, time to snipe some people on the xbox!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-04-2007, 01:14 AM

bah come on, don't be so cynical.

I actually like when defeated fans stick around; the board retains a lot of its dimension in the postseason.

Findog
05-04-2007, 01:16 AM
Go Spurs...Time for Finley to get his jewelry

Sec24Row7
05-04-2007, 01:19 AM
the warriors did what the spurs could not last year, and you havent done anything this year yet, so keep it up, and when u have won it all, then talk.

and to the rest of you ppl, good luck in the next rounds, i think yall can do it.

well we did get to the second round...

but who's counting?

schadenfreude52
05-04-2007, 01:21 AM
:lol my daddy will be proud, he's a spurs fan....i did it back when you guys played the lakers, i think i can do it again...ok, i'm out for the night, time to snipe some people on the xbox!

Wow, you a Mavs fan, your brother a Pistons fan, and your dad a Spurs fan? Does your family's diverse rooting interests ever lead to serious arguments?

SpursDynasty
05-04-2007, 01:44 AM
the warriors did what the spurs could not last year, and you havent done anything this year yet, so keep it up, and when u have won it all, then talk.

and to the rest of you ppl, good luck in the next rounds, i think yall can do it.

This series has nothing to do with the Spurs. Golden State was the favorite in the series and won. No big deal. The Mavs had been overrated all season.

gtownspur
05-04-2007, 01:52 AM
Fuck all the crying Mavfans, they were talking shit the whole year now they want sympathy.

If ponky had testicles she wouldn't be garnering any sympathy from any of these horndogs.

Eat shit and die Mavfan.

BTw, where's leonard?.,...rofl.

gtownspur
05-04-2007, 01:55 AM
Only a day ago, Mavfan was hoping JRich and Sjax would be suspended, gift wrapping them a game.

No sympathy.

You were'nt around when we lost.

timvp
05-04-2007, 02:10 AM
The only Mav Fan I feel sorry for is mavsfan1000. He was the only one repping the Mavs before they were anything.

The rest of Mav Fan nation should be forced to watch Game 6 on loop.

NBA Junkie
05-04-2007, 02:18 AM

I can't help but wonder if the same thing will happen with the Warriors.

Beating Dallas was Nellie's revenge. I don't think they can keep it up against Utah or Houston.

aaronstampler
05-04-2007, 02:33 AM

Stack played like a bitch. The Mavs didn't win 67 games shooting 3s all day. They let the warriors totally get into their heads and got into a 3 shooting contest with them. Dallas is not a good jumpshooting team. Not this year, not last year. They haven't been that since Fin and Nash were there. They completely forgot their identity. Nobody took it to the basket.

icem
05-04-2007, 02:36 AM

Karma's a bitch

LOL, you actually think they would have won that game ??? especially after watching this series ??? get real man, GS would have beat their ass starters or not.

Fernando TD21
05-04-2007, 02:48 AM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/e3/fullj.getty-73920295ng043_mavs_warriors_2_40_55_am.jpg
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/d0/fullj.getty-73920295ab029_mavs_warriors_2_18_31_am.jpg
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070504/capt.ec91eb20a96d496cae8e8ef7b5790766.mavericks_wa rriors_basketball_cabm120.jpg
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070504/capt.ec93fa015067445cb95d08d516d02a0f.mavericks_wa rriors_basketball_cabm119.jpg

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/f1/fullj.getty-73920295jj026_dallas_maveri_2_17_08_am.jpg
:clap

boutons_
05-04-2007, 02:55 AM
Mavs had already lost to Warriors @Oracle and @Dallas.

There was no guarantee that, had the Mavs tried to win Game82, that they would have.

greens
05-04-2007, 05:35 AM
Congrats! That was an awesome game! Stephen and Baron were terrific, especially! Loved the dunk that Matt Barnes made over Dirk, too!

Just a terrific win!

Islymore
05-04-2007, 08:45 AM
well... im sayin congrats to the Warrior fans. they played a helluva game in front of an amazing crowd. the Mavs didnt even show up. no way did anyone think the Mavs would win when all we could hit were 3 ptrs, and we hadnt been so much of a 3 pt shooting team all season.

i was having a hard time watching this game bc apparently i have the hots for SJAX suddenly. i love a thug, *just dont shoot me JAX*!. so i was rootin for him but cussin him out... lol... but on a serious note - CONGRATS WARRIOR FANS, your team played awesomely for the entire series, they were hungry and had that go-getter attitude.

but even tho I saw how this played out, i still woulda said Dallas before the POs began.

RobinsontoDuncan
05-04-2007, 08:49 AM

Karma's a bitch

that's assuming they would have won...they certainly havent rested their starters in the playoffs

resistanze
05-04-2007, 09:27 AM
The only Mav Fan I feel sorry for is mavsfan1000. He was the only one repping the Mavs before they were anything.

The rest of Mav Fan nation should be forced to watch Game 6 on loop.
You mean Mr. "Dirk >>>>>>>>> Kobe?"

Shank
05-04-2007, 09:29 AM
Word.

mabber
05-04-2007, 09:31 AM
Yep, congrats is definitely in order. You whipped our asses. I'll be pulling for you (& Nellie) the rest of the way. Good luck and hopefully Baron will stay healthy.

lefty
05-29-2019, 06:42 PM
Bump

Back when we liked GS :lol

Darth_Pelican
05-29-2019, 06:52 PM
I can’t believe this was 12 years ago; Jesus

Mark Celibate
05-30-2019, 05:56 PM
The original 8 :depressed