PDA

View Full Version : It couldn't happen to a bigger pack of jackass fans

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-04-2007, 12:43 AM
I watched the game with a bunch of coworkers tonight. I'm not sure if it was the whole bar applauding for Baron Davis going out of the game hurt, or the even bigger ovation when Jackson was laying face down on the baseline, but at some point tonight, I realized it couldn't happen to a bigger pack of jackass fans.

I hate to stereotype, but honestly I've had too many to care, so to you Mavs fans, I say fuck you.

:clap

spursrule32
05-04-2007, 12:45 AM
that's so surprising - mav fans are usually very classy and realistic

DuncanInYourFace
05-04-2007, 12:45 AM
Totally agreed.

2centsworth
05-04-2007, 12:46 AM
I've said this more than once, you get what you deserve.

maxpower
05-04-2007, 12:46 AM
After one playoff push to the brink...they(mavsfans) had this attitude of the mavs being a perrenial playoff powerhouse. I join you on dancing on their graves. The ticketdallas postgame fan jumping off cliffs is priceless.

spursrule32
05-04-2007, 12:47 AM
pimps up - mavs down

jaespur21
05-04-2007, 12:50 AM
earlier this year my boss's younger brother said the mavs were a great team(even tho he pickd the cavs playn videogames)GREAT team... i broke up the friendly atmosphere to tell him very tonely....they are(mavs) a good team not a great team they havent won shit ...glad to see that i w as right

Amuseddaysleeper
05-04-2007, 12:52 AM
aggie, you live in dallas?

must be odd being a spurs fan in a city full of mav fans

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-04-2007, 12:53 AM

Yep. I watched the game at a bar in Addison tonight. Kinda funny watching everyone bail out of there at the end of the third quarter, kinda like flipping on the light switch and seeing the roaches scatter.

Oh, and to all the jackasses at the three tables around me who kept calling Buckets everything under the sun, all I gotta say is...

Scoreboard

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070504/capt.9001f13080ad4d6bb0ee663687e43b3d.mavericks_wa rriors_basketball_cajc115.jpg

mardigan
05-04-2007, 12:54 AM
I havent laughed this hard in a very long time

rocyaice
05-04-2007, 12:56 AM
I stay in Garland and suprisingly I know a grip of fans who can't stand the Mavs. I think it was the Nash 2 MVP trophy's.

ThomasGranger
05-04-2007, 12:57 AM

There's a LOT fewer of them after tonight.

Exercise_bike
05-04-2007, 12:58 AM
You know, The Mavs will never be able to live this down, It will follow Avery, Dirk, J-Ho, (Did Kevin Willis ever even have to play a minute for his cash?) for the rest of their careers. Dirk blew his chance at the Hall of hame. 8 points? benched the final 4 minutes? Mav fans will lose every BB argument for the next 20 years, All any NBA fan will have to do is pull out the Choke Card. The board needs to come up with a generic statement to issue Mav fans when they come in her talkin' Shite.

I hope Dirk does not read this.

THE SIXTH MAN
05-04-2007, 12:59 AM
I watched the game with a bunch of coworkers tonight. I'm not sure if it was the whole bar applauding for Baron Davis going out of the game hurt, or the even bigger ovation when Jackson was laying face down on the baseline, but at some point tonight, I realized it couldn't happen to a bigger pack of jackass fans.

I hate to stereotype, but honestly I've had too many to care, so to you Mavs fans, I say fuck you.

Well put AHF. :clap

DuncanInYourFace
that's so surprising - mav fans are usually very classy and realistic

Aggie Hoopsfan
I stay in Garland and suprisingly I know a grip of fans who can't stand the Mavs. I think it was the Nash 2 MVP trophy's.

I was at one of those uppity 'trendy' bars tonight where everyone was wearing Mavs shit save me and another coworker sporting Spurs attire.

Funny, the same sorry SOBs who were talking shit to us during pre-game didn't look so big when they were slinking out the side exit at the end of the third.

:ihit

rocyaice
05-04-2007, 01:00 AM
Every decision Cuban makes comes back to bite him in the ass. Getting rid of Nash which resulted into Nellie leaving just got him a 1st round exit. Nellie has got to feel like he won a championship tonight.

mavsbandwagon01
05-04-2007, 01:02 AM
Lots of classy spurs fans here. Enjoy the suns...

rocyaice
05-04-2007, 01:03 AM
I was at one of those uppity 'trendy' bars tonight where everyone was wearing Mavs shit save me and another coworker sporting Spurs attire.

Funny, the same sorry SOBs who were talking shit to us during pre-game didn't look so big when they were slinking out the side exit at the end of the third.

Yea its some sorry ass people in Dallas. I live here and love it but I recognize the sorry ass people that live in it. And sports bars are the best place to meet them. The ones at the AAC are just as bad. You can't cheer for the Spurs because its the AAC. Must be out of their damn mind.

BeerIsGood!
05-04-2007, 01:03 AM
Your problem was you were in Addison. I go there for Kobe Steaks, but other than that it's nothing but tight ass, fake boob, and snooty attitude ass people. I know a few mav fans who are more humble and gracious.

judaspriestess
05-04-2007, 01:04 AM
watching the fans reactions through out the whole fucking season, these "so-called" fans were so mean spirited. Just mean ass hating bullying people.

Agreed.

judaspriestess
05-04-2007, 01:05 AM

Takes one to know one babe.

THE SIXTH MAN
05-04-2007, 01:06 AM
Bitter much? :lol If you're looking for sympathy, this is the last place to come to.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-04-2007, 01:08 AM
tight ass, fake boob,

That's the good part :lol

The ones at the AAC are just as bad. You can't cheer for the Spurs because its the AAC.

Here's the mother of all ironies: I got the company seats (pimpin', eighth row center court) for the game earlier this year when the Mavs and Warriors played and I wore a Stephen Jackson Spurs jersey.

Half the fans there spent more time talking shit to me than they spent paying attention to the game (which GS won by the way :lol).

mavsbandwagon01
05-04-2007, 01:12 AM
Just kidding about the suns. I doubt any mav fans really care who wins that series. I sure don't. This place is about ten times livelier than any Spurs win though. Didn't realize one playoff loss caused that much hate. Spurs have beaten the mavs in a number of recent series and you dont see mav boards jumping for joy at the rare Spur playoff loss.

jaespur21
05-04-2007, 01:12 AM
:drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk

mrsmaalox
05-04-2007, 01:16 AM
It's sooo funny that when there is NOTHING a Mavs fan can say in their own defense, they always have to come up with one about "class"

THE SIXTH MAN
05-04-2007, 01:16 AM
This place is about ten times livelier than any Spurs win though.
Umm, no. You abviously havn't been here for to long. This place is "lively" year round.

Spurs have beaten the mavs in a number of recent series and you dont see mav boards jumping for joy at the rare Spur playoff loss.
1.Mav boards suck

2.The one's that I have been to, had circle jerks every time the Spurs lost.

cornbread
05-04-2007, 01:17 AM

Just joined the board tonight to call out Spurs fans for enjoying this collapse? Weak.

We've had to listen to trolls talk shit at an unprecedented level of arrogance for the past 11 months, on our own board. I didn't think there would be new trolls AFTER this series.

jaespur21
05-04-2007, 01:19 AM
This place is about ten times livelier than any Spurs win though.

thats like sayin the mavs will win the championship this year JUST WRONG

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-04-2007, 08:06 AM

Yep, a fan base that

1) was giving each other high fives in the bar and yelling 'fuck you Baron Davis' when he went to the locker room

and

2) had the whole bar erupt in applause and high fives when Buckets was laying on the baseline after getting laid out

has LOTS of room to talk about class :tu

Good call.

zrinkill
05-04-2007, 08:20 AM
Just kidding about the suns. I doubt any mav fans really care who wins that series. I sure don't. This place is about ten times livelier than any Spurs win though. Didn't realize one playoff loss caused that much hate. Spurs have beaten the mavs in a number of recent series and you dont see mav boards jumping for joy at the rare Spur playoff loss.

You are full of it ..... this place erupts with laughing Mavs fans anytime Spurs lose a game .....

I used to root for the Mavs to win as long as they were not playing the Spurs ..... but after putting up with the Mavs arrogance and stupidity the last 2 years ..... I am enjoying their misery ....

Marcus Bryant
05-04-2007, 08:31 AM
DFW has bandwagoning down to a science. Now that the Mavs have been completely humiliated in the eyes of the sports world, DFW will kick them to the curb faster than a $30K Millionaire snatches up a brand new ;) Lacoste polo on eBay. The $30K Millionaire lives by a set of rules, the preeminent of which is 'Never, never, ever, associate yourself with that which others make fun of'. Another rule is 'Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, and you better have given me a couple C notes for sucking your cock.' The later may have some relevance as Mark Cuban is included in this conversation.

50 cent
05-04-2007, 08:31 AM
I am in Rome right now and I am pissed that I am going to miss Dallas sports radio talk today.

Although Rome is pretty kickass.

Lebowski Brickowski
05-04-2007, 08:37 AM
You are full of it ..... this place erupts with laughing Mavs fans anytime Spurs lose a game .....

I used to root for the Mavs to win as long as they were not playing the Spurs ..... but after putting up with the Mavs arrogance and stupidity the last 2 years ..... I am enjoying their misery ....

Good take.
Mavs used to be my 2nd favorite team. I liked dirk and Nellie and I was really happy that AJ became the coach. I even appreciated Cuban (yrs ago) for how he'd shake things up.

It wasn't Cuban's bullshit and bitchery that ruined it for me, if you can believe that, but mavs fans. Worst fans in the league. Entiltled (without any titles, ironically,) arrogant, bandwagon and generally mean. That whole city has gone to shit.

So, to all those dumbass, classless, ugly, and mean faguricks fans.....
:clap :clap :clap :clap :toast :clap :clap :clap

You've earned every minute of this offseason. :fro

41times
05-04-2007, 08:47 AM
You know i really don't understand some people in this great State of Texas?

I understand a rivalry and being upset because the Mavs knocked out the Spurs last year for the first time EVER.

But what i don't understand is how people who live in San Antonio or South Texas root for a California Team to beat a Dallas team? I just don't get it!?!?

I am a Mavs season ticket holder for 6 years now. I have over 40K invested in that 6 years. And every year except for last year i rooted for the Spurs after the Mavs got knocked out. And this year will be no exception. I will root for the Rockets and Spurs to make it to the WCF's and then i will root for the winner in the Finals.

I was born and raised in Texas and I will always root for the Texas team to win if my team has been eliminated. Maybe i am just too much of a Texas gentleman to root for some team in another state that i have absolutely no allegance to.

I see it happen with Aggie Fans and Longhorn fans every year as well. They will root for a team outside our state to beat their rival instead of just worrying about doing it themselves. I just don't get it.

I am hopeful that the fans on this board do not represent the majority of people who live in San Antonio. My wife is from there and she is not like that so i have hope that they don't.

So even though most of the posters here hate the Mavs and rooted for a California team to beat them I refuse to return the sentiment by rooting for the Suns or Jazz.

Go Spurs and Go Rockets. Bring the Trophy back to Texas!!!!!!!!

Marcus Bryant
05-04-2007, 08:49 AM

I understand a rivalry and being upset because the Mavs knocked out the Spurs last year for the first time EVER.

But what i don't understand is how people who live in San Antonio or South Texas root for a California Team to beat a Dallas team? I just don't get it!?!?

You can thank your fellow Mav Fan brethern for the animosity you see in this forum.

SenorSpur
05-04-2007, 08:50 AM

Same here. I usually head to the Fox Sports Grill in Plano. I wasn't there last night, but I've been there when to watch Mavs playoff games. While some of the local Mavs fans are cool, most are downright fair-weather, jack-asses, who slink out early when their team is having it's doors blown off.

Lebowski Brickowski
05-04-2007, 08:52 AM

I am a Mavs season ticket holder for 6 years now. I have over 40K invested in that 6 years. And every year except for last year i rooted for the Spurs after the Mavs got knocked out. And this year will be no exception. I will root for the Rockets and Spurs to make it to the WCF's and then i will root for the winner in the Finals.

I was born and raised in Texas and I will always root for the Texas team to win if my team has been eliminated. Maybe i am just too much of a Texas gentleman to root for some team in another state that i have absolutely no allegance to.

I see it happen with Aggie Fans and Longhorn fans every year as well. They will root for a team outside our state to beat their rival instead of just worrying about doing it themselves. I just don't get it.

I am hopeful that the fans on this board do not represent the majority of people who live in San Antonio. My wife is from there and she is not like that so i have hope that they don't.

So even though most of the posters here hate the Mavs and rooted for a California team to beat them I refuse to return the sentiment by rooting for the Suns or Jazz.

Did you cheer when BDavis and SJax got hurt?

Like I said, I used to like the Mavs. I found that the MAJORITY of the mavs fans I have come across have made it impossible for me to respect that franchise and still have any self respect.

zrinkill
05-04-2007, 08:53 AM

Read how the Mavs have acted on this board the last few seasons ..... then you will understand.

StylisticS
05-04-2007, 08:53 AM
Humbled is what I should say. Depressing at least. I'll have to focus on football now seeing as how the Rangers are a bunch of tired bat shit as well. Good luck against the Suns and hope you bring the Larry O'Brian back to Texas for the 6th time in 13 years, not that you need it.

wildbill2u
05-04-2007, 09:32 AM
Dallas is full of so-called 'beautiful people' who think their shit doesn't stink and they are the worst front runners about their sports teams I've ever seen.

They expect their teams to win to show off how great Dallas is--and by inference how great they are--and whenever they get disappointed by a losing effort they turn against their team and savage them.

I went to the Dallas Morning News today and the lead story was about the Cowboys draft. You had to click on the link for the NBA to find out about the Mavs loss. And one of the sportwriters is already campaigning to get rid of Dirk Nowitski.

Dallas 'fans' are not only jackasses, they are frontrunners who don't know the meaning of being a real fan.

ATRAIN
05-04-2007, 09:38 AM
Its true all the Mavs fans that I know are pricks and jerks........ IM so happy they lost.

Mavschick
05-04-2007, 09:41 AM
Mavs fans don't know the concept of humility. We were so arrogant and proud about what a great record the team had this season overlooking the fact that the Mavs proved last year by choking in the finals that that a good regular season means virtually nothing. All the shi_ that gets thrown at the Mavs fans in here needs to be thrown extra-hard so it'll get absorbed. Count me as a willing recipient because I deserve it just for being a fan of this fraud of a team.

ctpsb
05-04-2007, 09:42 AM

I absolutely feel the same way. I would have never, never gone for the California team against the Texas team. For the first time in my life I was really pulling for the Texas team to lose.

NASpurs
05-04-2007, 09:46 AM
Mavs fans don't know the concept of humility. We were so arrogant and proud about what a great record the team had this season overlooking the fact that the Mavs proved last year by choking in the finals that that a good regular season means virtually nothing. All the shi_ that gets thrown at the Mavs fans in here needs to be thrown extra-hard so it'll get absorbed. Count me as a willing recipient because I deserve it just for being a fan of this fraud of a team.Wow to say the least.

StylisticS
05-04-2007, 09:48 AM
Mavs fans don't know the concept of humility. We were so arrogant and proud about what a great record the team had this season overlooking the fact that the Mavs proved last year by choking in the finals that that a good regular season means virtually nothing. All the shi_ that gets thrown at the Mavs fans in here needs to be thrown extra-hard so it'll get absorbed. Count me as a willing recipient because I deserve it just for being a fan of this fraud of a team.
can't argue with this.

Dingle Barry
05-04-2007, 09:50 AM
nother rule is 'Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, and you better have given me a couple C notes for sucking your cock.' The later may have some relevance as Mark Cuban is included in this conversation.

:blah :spin :elephant :hungry:

BigBeezie
05-04-2007, 09:53 AM
I'm so happy that it happened to the prix from Dallas. Cuban is an a-hole and the Jet is a little bastard. When is someone going to step-up and whip Jason Terry's ass for his antics with Finley and now Baron Davis???

StylisticS
05-04-2007, 09:56 AM
I went to the Dallas Morning News today and the lead story was about the Cowboys draft. You had to click on the link for the NBA to find out about the Mavs loss. And one of the sportwriters is already campaigning to get rid of Dirk Nowitski.
Well Dallas does have idiots for sportswriters but let's get shit straight, though. Dallas will forever and ever and EVER be a football town. The Mavs can win 6 rings in a row and they will still be a distant second to the Cowboys. So what you saw in the DMN should not be surprising.

mabber
05-04-2007, 10:11 AM
Yep, a fan base that

1) was giving each other high fives in the bar and yelling 'fuck you Baron Davis' when he went to the locker room

and

2) had the whole bar erupt in applause and high fives when Buckets was laying on the baseline after getting laid out

has LOTS of room to talk about class :tu

Good call.

I've been going to Addison & North Dallas bars to watch Mav games for years now and have never encountered any fans like that but I'm sure there are exceptions. Maybe, I'm just in my own little world and don't notice it when I'm watching the games? That is lame for anyone to cheer an injury.

Once again though, I'm blown away (and slightly amused) by someone making an overall generalization about a team's fans based on their own isolated experience(s). Anyone, with half a brain would at least qualify his opinion based on his or hers limited sample. Most opinions are based by this method so I don't know why it still surprises me. I guess I'm just hoping for a little more intelligence to shine through out of people from time to time.

Gig 'em

baseline bum
05-04-2007, 10:11 AM
I cheered for Houston (even after they beat the Spurs in '95), because that team was nothing but class, from Hakeem Olajuwon down to Clyde Drexler to Rudy Tomjanovich (plus, they had the balls to kick cancer Vernon Maxwell off the team). I was always happy to see guys like Hakeem succeed, and it was nice to see Drexler finally get that ring.

With Dallas, fuck them. I hate their fans. Jason Terry is a piece of shit. Who punches another man in the fucking nuts? Jerry Stackhouse acted like an ass to Finley last year. Cuban disrespected my whole fucking city, so it's so sweet to see that he cannot buy the championship he wanted so badly. Josh Howard can go fuck himself after the flagrants he's committed on the Spurs.

I don't know which is sweeter... how Dallas lost last year, being up 13 with 6:00 left of game 3 with a 2-0 lead in the Finals and a title within arms length, or in the most memorable upset and greatest show of pussiness in NBA history in getting dominated by a team whose best player was going on one leg. All I know, is that Dallas has lost in the worst possible way imaginable the last two seasons, and I'm ecstatic that Cuban and his loser fans have to suck on that. Fuck you all, the way you came on this board last year and shit all over my city, mimicking your faggot owner.

mabber
05-04-2007, 10:12 AM
Same here. I usually head to the Fox Sports Grill in Plano. I wasn't there last night, but I've been there when to watch Mavs playoff games. While some of the local Mavs fans are cool, most are downright fair-weather, jack-asses, who slink out early when their team is having it's doors blown off.

That's all that is required...a small qualification that doesn't throw everyone under the bus. Well done!

Dingle Barry
05-04-2007, 10:16 AM
Funny, this reminds me of the Aggies getting buttfucked in the Holiday Bowl after mocking "Cart McCoy"

:hungry:

Shank
05-04-2007, 10:17 AM
How is the new Spiderman?

L.I.T
05-04-2007, 10:18 AM
How is the new Spiderman?

Meh.

Marcus Bryant
05-04-2007, 10:57 AM
I've been going to Addison & North Dallas bars to watch Mav games for years now and have never encountered any fans like that but I'm sure there are exceptions. Maybe, I'm just in my own little world and don't notice it when I'm watching the games? That is lame for anyone to cheer an injury.

Once again though, I'm blown away (and slightly amused) by someone making an overall generalization about a team's fans based on their own isolated experience(s). Anyone, with half a brain would at least qualify his opinion based on his or hers limited sample. Most opinions are based by this method so I don't know why it still surprises me. I guess I'm just hoping for a little more intelligence to shine through out of people from time to time.

Gig 'em

Based on the sample we have had in this forum I'd say the characterization is fairly accurate.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-04-2007, 12:09 PM

Gig 'em

I've hung with coworkers and watched games at about five different sports bars in and around Dallas.

Last night I watched fans openly cheer injuries to Baron Davis and SJax, and boo when they returned to the court.

I wore Spurs gear to a Mavs game earlier this year (GS ironically) and half the section I sat in (that was close enough to say something) spent the entire second half talking trash to me about being a Spurs fan and completely ignored the game.

And then you've got all the idiots on this site trashing everything Spur that are Mavs fans.

You've got an owner that has trashed SA, the city, and the Riverwalk, and spent the last two days running smack about Nellie.

You've got a hot head guard who enjoys shots to the groin, bulldog takedowns in the corner of the court, etc.

You've got a guy in Howard who has single handedly committed more flagrant fouls against SA than the rest of the league combined in the last 3 years.

How big a sample size do I need?

Ocotillo
05-04-2007, 12:10 PM
New verb: Sports teams no longer "choke".

If a favorite collapse to an inferior team or a team with a large lead ends up losing at the end, they have not choked, they have "Dirked".

mabber
05-04-2007, 12:19 PM
I've hung with coworkers and watched games at about five different sports bars in and around Dallas.

Last night I watched fans openly cheer injuries to Baron Davis and SJax, and boo when they returned to the court.

I wore Spurs gear to a Mavs game earlier this year (GS ironically) and half the section I sat in (that was close enough to say something) spent the entire second half talking trash to me about being a Spurs fan and completely ignored the game.

And then you've got all the idiots on this site trashing everything Spur that are Mavs fans.

You've got an owner that has trashed SA, the city, and the Riverwalk, and spent the last two days running smack about Nellie.

You've got a hot head guard who enjoys shots to the groin, bulldog takedowns in the corner of the court, etc.

You've got a guy in Howard who has single handedly committed more flagrant fouls against SA than the rest of the league combined in the last 3 years.

What do the highlighted items have to do with the Mav fans? Hey...I don't want to argue with you about this...I'm just saying that to throw and entire fan base under the bus based on you going to a game or two and watching a game at a bar doesn't make much sense to me. I've had stuff thrown at me and yelled at me (w/o even wearing Mav gear) at different Spurs games in San Antonio yet I don't think all your fans are that way. I've read the most ridiculous and hateful posts on this board from Spurs fans yet I don't think the majority of Spurs fans are that way. Should I?

Holmes_Fans
05-04-2007, 12:22 PM
Oh the Irony of an Aggy fan calling another fanbase jackass's

ehz33satx
05-04-2007, 12:41 PM
I'm so happy that it happened to the prix from Dallas. Cuban is an a-hole and the Jet is a little bastard. When is someone going to step-up and whip Jason Terry's ass for his antics with Finley and now Baron Davis???

Was it Jason Terry or Josh Howard who deliberately ran into Fabricio Oberto, giving him heart problems? Screw the Mavericks!!!

On a side note? Where can I find a black Michael Finley t-shirt with his name and number on the back and the Spurs logo in the front?

Obstructed_View
05-04-2007, 12:45 PM
What do the highlighted items have to do with the Mav fans?
Other than the Mavs fans defending any and all embarassing actions by their team?

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-04-2007, 12:50 PM
Oh the Irony of an Aggy fan calling another fanbase jackass's

Oh, the irony of the same tired, lousy attempts at trolling by one of mouse's aliases.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-04-2007, 12:51 PM
What do the highlighted items have to do with the Mav fans? Hey...I don't want to argue with you about this...I'm just saying that to throw and entire fan base under the bus based on you going to a game or two and watching a game at a bar doesn't make much sense to me. I've had stuff thrown at me and yelled at me (w/o even wearing Mav gear) at different Spurs games in San Antonio yet I don't think all your fans are that way. I've read the most ridiculous and hateful posts on this board from Spurs fans yet I don't think the majority of Spurs fans are that way. Should I?

I mention that stuff because the few decent Mavs fans I know point to it as the reason why the majority of Mavs fans are such assholes.

They see their asshole owner and asshole players doing shit, and that entitles them to be assholes as well.

mabber
05-04-2007, 12:59 PM
I mention that stuff because the few decent Mavs fans I know point to it as the reason why the majority of Mavs fans are such assholes.

They see their asshole owner and asshole players doing shit, and that entitles them to be assholes as well.

Ok.

When did you graduate from A&M? I got my undergraduate degree there in 1986.

Condemned 2 HelLA
05-04-2007, 02:05 PM
This NEVER stops being funny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoPRPGBMXiU

:lmao

zrinkill
05-04-2007, 02:10 PM
I cheered for Houston (even after they beat the Spurs in '95), because that team was nothing but class, from Hakeem Olajuwon down to Clyde Drexler to Rudy Tomjanovich (plus, they had the balls to kick cancer Vernon Maxwell off the team). I was always happy to see guys like Hakeem succeed, and it was nice to see Drexler finally get that ring.

With Dallas, fuck them. I hate their fans. Jason Terry is a piece of shit. Who punches another man in the fucking nuts? Jerry Stackhouse acted like an ass to Finley last year. Cuban disrespected my whole fucking city, so it's so sweet to see that he cannot buy the championship he wanted so badly. Josh Howard can go fuck himself after the flagrants he's committed on the Spurs.

I don't know which is sweeter... how Dallas lost last year, being up 13 with 6:00 left of game 3 with a 2-0 lead in the Finals and a title within arms length, or in the most memorable upset and greatest show of pussiness in NBA history in getting dominated by a team whose best player was going on one leg. All I know, is that Dallas has lost in the worst possible way imaginable the last two seasons, and I'm ecstatic that Cuban and his loser fans have to suck on that. Fuck you all, the way you came on this board last year and shit all over my city, mimicking your faggot owner.

Very well said ..... I could not agree more.

Suck My Blurr
05-04-2007, 02:31 PM
CALIFORNIA LOVE!

http://attachments.wetpaintserv.us/QH4oBlj%24trSvLBldI2BoRw%3D%3D17064

degenerate_gambler
05-04-2007, 03:21 PM
this reminds me of the Aggies getting buttfucked in the Holiday Bowl

they're good at that..

Rummpd
05-04-2007, 04:00 PM
It has to hurt, I remember Spurs losing upsets to Jazz, Rockets and getting swept by the Lakers badly one year but at least we now have the memories of 3X championships with another a realistic possiblity.

This however is a logrithmic step above this and probably the most shameful loss ever by a heavily favored team in a series (not just one game) and so badly at that.

I cannot imagine how shocked many fans feel but with Dirk as the center of that team I wonder (kind of like the Kings with Webber) whether or not they will ever have the "mettle" to bring it home.

mabber
05-04-2007, 04:03 PM
It has to hurt, I remember Spurs losing upsets to Jazz, Rockets and getting swept by the Lakers badly one year but at least we now have the memories of 3X championships with another a realistic possiblity.

This however is a logrithmic step above this and probably the most shameful loss ever by a heavily favored team in a series (not just one game) and so badly at that.

I cannot imagine how shocked many fans feel but with Dirk as the center of that team I wonder (kind of like the Kings with Webber) whether or not they will ever have the "mettle" to bring it home.

Alas...life as a Dallas sports fan. The Mavs & Rangers have never won a title, and the Cowboys haven't won a Super Bowl in 12 years. Yeah, the Stars won a Stanley Cup but I'm not a big hockey fan.

judaspriestess
05-04-2007, 04:08 PM

Gig 'em

why are you so shocked? take off your rose colored glasses sweetie. Watching the games on TV, you can see the mean-spirited attitude of the fans through the screen. You don't see it cause you have that common bond with other mavs fans, you're ideals are the same.
Its disgusting to see the fans react through the TV. I think to myself, damn these people are Texans? How rude, clapping, laughing and pointing fingers when players are down or kicked off your court. Even Steve Kerr said last night towards the end of the game, dallas had an arrogance about them this year. It all caught up with everyone including the majority of the fans.

Samr
05-04-2007, 04:14 PM
The board needs to come up with a generic statement to issue Mav fans when they come in her talkin' Shite.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.... So, 67 wins sounds like a great idea now doesn't it? Everyone hates you and the 2007 Playoffs proved it."

Horry For 3!
05-04-2007, 04:16 PM

I live in San Marcos. San Marcos is probably 50/50 Spurs, Mavs fans.

degenerate_gambler
05-04-2007, 04:18 PM
Even Steve Kerr said last night towards the end of the game, dallas had an arrogance about them this year. It all caught up with everyone including the majority of the fans.

I heard that too and he usually plays it close to the vest and never makes remarks like that.

I bet he had flashback of 2003 last night while he was watching SJax raining 3's on dallas' ass.

Samr
05-04-2007, 04:19 PM
The board needs to come up with a generic statement to issue Mav fans when they come in her talkin' Shite.

"Got Dirk?"

Samr
05-04-2007, 04:20 PM

_allas: Now with no O's either!

Samr
05-04-2007, 04:22 PM

Dallas: "We want to trade Dirk in the off-season, but we don't think anyone will take him...."

Samr
05-04-2007, 04:23 PM
Dirk Nowitzki: It's the new ipecac!

Samr
05-04-2007, 04:24 PM
"Karl's excuse was JR Smith... but what's yours?"

SAboyinCA
05-04-2007, 04:42 PM
Long time reader, first time poster.
As I've been reading these posts, in the last few months, I have noticed that there are many mavs fans quick to dis us spurs fans. Some of them are down right mean spirited, but does this mean that we, as a spur community, pass judgement on ALL of the mavs fans out there. I've always prided myself on being a spurs fan and a texan. I believe that we have a great fan base, full of people who live and die by the spurs, but also have respect, as humans, that is unmatched by any other fanbase. I know, for a fact, that it does hurt when our team is beaten in the playoffs. Is there anyone here who can't say that? Should we not expect that mavs fans are hurting the same way we have in the past? I guess the point I'm trying to make is...I believe that we, spurs fans, should take the high road in these situations. I, for one, would like to congratulate the mavs on a fantastic regular season and also say that I'm sorry your team wasn't able to deliver, like you were expecting, in the playoffs. We've all had this happen before, and we know it kills us. The only comforting thing I can say is, experiences like this, will only make your team better in the future. I realize that can't ease the pain at this moment, but I feel it's a little easier to swallow than a disparaging comment.

Doug Collins
05-04-2007, 04:48 PM
Funny, this reminds me of the Aggies getting buttfucked in the Holiday Bowl after mocking "Cart McCoy"

:hungry:

We weren't "buttfucked" we simply failed to adjust to the West Coast time difference. That was the reason for the 30+ pt beatdown...that and Fran being the worst coach ever. :elephant

LEONARD
05-04-2007, 04:49 PM
Sounds like you hung out with giant d-bags last night to me...

baseline bum
05-04-2007, 06:13 PM
Long time reader, first time poster.
As I've been reading these posts, in the last few months, I have noticed that there are many mavs fans quick to dis us spurs fans. Some of them are down right mean spirited, but does this mean that we, as a spur community, pass judgement on ALL of the mavs fans out there. I've always prided myself on being a spurs fan and a texan. I believe that we have a great fan base, full of people who live and die by the spurs, but also have respect, as humans, that is unmatched by any other fanbase. I know, for a fact, that it does hurt when our team is beaten in the playoffs. Is there anyone here who can't say that? Should we not expect that mavs fans are hurting the same way we have in the past? I guess the point I'm trying to make is...I believe that we, spurs fans, should take the high road in these situations. I, for one, would like to congratulate the mavs on a fantastic regular season and also say that I'm sorry your team wasn't able to deliver, like you were expecting, in the playoffs. We've all had this happen before, and we know it kills us. The only comforting thing I can say is, experiences like this, will only make your team better in the future. I realize that can't ease the pain at this moment, but I feel it's a little easier to swallow than a disparaging comment.

I agree. Congrats on the 67 wins, you choking bitches.

50 cent
05-04-2007, 06:14 PM

Add Uptown and 10 more bars to that, and the 2 of us can make pretty much make this unanimous.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-04-2007, 06:30 PM
Ok.

When did you graduate from A&M? I got my undergraduate degree there in 1986.

Marcus Bryant
05-04-2007, 06:38 PM
How the fanbase behaves is a direct result of the fact that the Mavs make their home in the Metroplex, which leads US metro areas in the number of pretentious assholes with a bad case of oral diarrhea per capita.

Carie
05-05-2007, 07:19 PM
Didn't realize one playoff loss caused that much hate.
Please don't kid yourself into thinking that this all stems from 1 game.

Spurs have beaten the mavs in a number of recent series and you dont see mav boards jumping for joy at the rare Spur playoff loss.
That's because many of the mav's fans come here to do that.

Add me to the list of people that have been to games in Dallas, as well as run-ins here with crappy Dallas fans. It's not just one of us, but the majority of us that have these bad experiences.

Another reason I have a problem with mav's fans, they freaking boo'd Finley when he played on their court during the series. Dirk made some "joking" comment on the radio and the fans followed along. Finley is a class act and certainly didn't deserve that.

mavsfan1000
05-05-2007, 07:22 PM
I agree. Congrats on the 67 wins, you choking bitches.
I think you need to address the mavs team. Not their fans.

RonMexico
05-05-2007, 07:41 PM

Wait for the ponky and mavsfan1000 responses: "That's not us!!!"

Seriously, if you've been in a sports bar in College Station, TX for a single Mavs/Spurs or Mavs/Suns game, then you're ready to blow that entire city up and not even feel bad about it. And I don't know how many bandwagon Laker fans grew out of the Fox and Hound in B/CS, but they drive me nuts too.

RonMexico
05-05-2007, 07:49 PM
Add Uptown and 10 more bars to that, and the 2 of us can make pretty much make this unanimous.

I watched last Suns-Mavs game of the season in April in Dallas decked out in a Suns hat and purple shirt and I nearly got beat up. It was in Uptown and I can't tell you how many people started complaining that the Suns were only winning (FYI - blowing them out) because of the refs. Apparently, I was driving everyone nuts just by clapping, even though the Mavs fans I was sitting with didn't seem to have a problem with me.

They're all huge douchebags and it doesn't just stem from them being in the most pretentious city in America - it stems from them following Cuban's lead and thinking that everyone is out to get them and their precious little team.

Marcus Bryant
05-05-2007, 07:52 PM
And I don't know how many bandwagon Laker fans grew out of the Fox and Hound in B/CS, but they drive me nuts too.

Ah, takes me back.

StylisticS
05-05-2007, 08:03 PM
I

They're all huge douchebags and it doesn't just stem from them being in the most pretentious city in America - it stems from them following Cuban's lead and thinking that everyone is out to get them and their precious little team.

Yes, because Phoenix doesn't have those type of fans in their city. :rolleyes Because you wouldn't catch shit wearing a Mavs or Lakers jersey( who many on lakersground said they have caught numerous amount of shit) at a bar in Phoenix. Don't think every city isn't like this. This is Afuckinmerica.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-05-2007, 11:25 PM

You are obviously new around here. We have had to put up with boorish, gloating, arsehole Mavs fans around here many a time, so why don't you get a clue.

In contrast, the Detroit fans we've had around here have mostly been fantastic basketball fans and gracious in victory or defeat.

It's a fact - most Mavs fans are pricks and wankers.

Bye bye.

RonMexico
05-05-2007, 11:25 PM
Yes, because Phoenix doesn't have those type of fans in their city. :rolleyes Because you wouldn't catch shit wearing a Mavs or Lakers jersey( who many on lakersground said they have caught numerous amount of shit) at a bar in Phoenix. Don't think every city isn't like this. This is Afuckinmerica.

I don't know - I generally don't watch games at bars in Phoenix whenever I'm there. I watch most of my games in Texas where intelligent fans respect the Suns. In fact, I think intelligent fans everywhere would realize that Dirk is a huge flopper who chokes under pressure unless he's protected by the refs, so I'd hope to find some of those in Phoenix.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-06-2007, 02:12 AM

Pop damnit. I hate this fucking bullshit Mavericks theory of 'well, other teams have fans like this, so it's okay if our entire fan base is made up of dumbshit assholes.'

Amuseddaysleeper
05-06-2007, 02:25 AM
jesus christ, i didn't know it could get this bad

I wonder how raja bell was treated when he was watching game 6 of the lakers game last yeat at a bar in LA! :lol

DampierAmGod
05-06-2007, 03:12 AM
Here's the mother of all ironies: I got the company seats (pimpin', eighth row center court) for the game earlier this year when the Mavs and Warriors played and I wore a Stephen Jackson Spurs jersey.

Half the fans there spent more time talking shit to me than they spent paying attention to the game (which GS won by the way :lol).

Wow you sure like to use hyperbole to prove a childish point. The Mavs have some idiot fans, wow. Someone alert the press, lets get you on CNN with this info. I mean, this must be like the first time in the history of ever that someone has accused another team of having a-hole fans or cried about being picked on when visiting an arena with an opponents jersey on. I mean... in a place like Philadelphia or Oakland or New York you'd probably get stabbed for that but that's just passion I guess. This is the main reason I hope Cuban sells this team ASAP, morons like yourself who like to take your whining about Cuban and cast it across the entire fanbase.

Anyways go Spurs, I'll be rooting for them since the other Texas team also went down tonight and my only other West options are Phoenix and GS :lol

DampierAmGod
05-06-2007, 03:15 AM
Oh shit I forgot Utah but they don't stand a chance.

StylisticS
05-06-2007, 09:53 AM
Pop damnit. I hate this fucking bullshit Mavericks theory of 'well, other teams have fans like this, so it's okay if our entire fan base is made up of dumbshit assholes.'

no the entire fanbase is NOT like this. That's just a huge fuckin generalization from you about the Mavs fanbase on your part. And IT'S TRUE that every fanbase has dumbass assholes. Spurs fans nor Suns fans are not exempt from this.

I wonder how raja bell was treated when he was watching game 6 of the lakers game last yeat at a bar in LA!
lol :lol