PDA

View Full Version : Why the Nowitzki hate?

some_user86
05-04-2007, 04:47 AM
There's one thing I don't really understand. Why the Nowitzki hate? As far as I can tell, he has been the only professional one out of the entire group of thugs. Even Avery had a shitty, arrogant attitude towards us. But Nowitzki has never had a bad attitude towards us, as far as I can remember.

I have always hated Terry and especially Stackhouse. Cuban is a complete asshat. Those guys belong to my trio of hate.

Nowitzki, however, has been only rather unassuming.

jman3000
05-04-2007, 04:48 AM
he's a maverick.

angel_luv
05-04-2007, 04:49 AM

Unassuming is right- barely any baskets , rebounds, assists, or blocks made by him all series. :)

dg7md
05-04-2007, 05:06 AM
I like Dirk, good guy.

timvp
05-04-2007, 05:10 AM
His flopping in Game 3 and 4 last year cost the Spurs championship number 4. Yeah, Manu and other Spurs flop too, but Dirk shot 2342312412 free throws to beat the Spurs in a fluke series.

flipcritic
05-04-2007, 05:13 AM
I like Dirk a lot (the only thing about the Mavs I do like). But unfortunately, he's become target of what Spurs fans hate the most.... arrogant Mavs fans. There's abosultely no comeback that Mavs fans can use once their ultimate player falters spectacularly.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-04-2007, 05:22 AM
I like Dirk. Though he's easy to hate on when watching him play against your guys.

but Dirk's never had that smug, arrogant persona. He's actually a bit like Eeyore.

At the worst, was when he had that goat tooth snarl after making a big shot.

But a lot of the heat and criticism he's getting and going to keep on getting, was brought on by himself. It's sad really. Before game 6, he still was averaging 20 points and 11 rebounds in a horrible personal- performance.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-04-2007, 05:23 AM
His flopping in Game 3 and 4 last year cost the Spurs championship number 4. Yeah, Manu and other Spurs flop too, but Dirk shot 2342312412 free throws to beat the Spurs in a fluke series.
I'd have to pull the Wade- defense and say it's more the refs, than Dirk.

bigfish22
05-04-2007, 05:31 AM
Because he was the guy Ginobili fouled

gospursgojas
05-04-2007, 07:12 AM
b/c he gets the most FT ever for a jumpshooter....

He whines to the refs on every play...

He calls out his own teamates when things aren't going well for him...

and hes a mav

greywheel
05-04-2007, 07:28 AM
homophobia.

Seriously, I don't like his style of play. I prefer 7 footers with a better post game.

foodie2
05-04-2007, 07:38 AM
As someone else said, he called out his teammates last year unnecessarily. But I dislike him because he gets so much adulation for being a great player when he only plays on one side of the court.

Marcus Bryant
05-04-2007, 07:45 AM
I have disdain for someone who's supposed to be a superstar big and plays almost exclusively 20 feet from the rim.

Sec24Row7
05-04-2007, 08:11 AM
Eric Dampier should call Dirk out in the media after this series.

:lol

bdictjames
05-04-2007, 08:34 AM
I only hate Nowitzki when he plays the Spurs because we do have trouble against him.

Hell I even use his jumpshooting form in the court, it is rather effective.

SenorSpur
05-04-2007, 08:39 AM
Dirk is what he is. I just think everyone has built himself into being something that he is clearly not.

Personally, my hatred is directed toward that jack-ass, adolescent owner.

It's funny that Garnett, who also is a superstar but hasn't won a title, escapes this type of severe criticism from local or national media. In fact, Garnett is often viewed as a sympathetic figure around NBA circles.

GhostofAlfrederickHughes
05-04-2007, 08:51 AM
It is strange---Spur fans, above anyone else, should be able to understand a talented 7-footer tagged with a 'soft' label getting clubbed in the playoffs following a 60+ win, MVP season.

Marcus Bryant
05-04-2007, 08:51 AM
Dirk is what he is. I just think everyone has built himself into being something that he is clearly not.

Personally, my hatred is directed toward that jack-ass, adolescent owner.

It's funny that Garnett, who also is a superstar but hasn't won a title, escapes this type of severe criticism from local or national media. In fact, Garnett is often viewed as a sympathetic figure around NBA circles.

Just a guess, but somehow blame for the Mavs making NBA history as an "elite" team would never want to make history will fall entirely on the darkest face. Maybe Cuban will F up and run AJ out.

td4mvp3
05-04-2007, 08:54 AM
i dno't buy the non-smug stuff folks are saying. that out-poked tongue and sneering just annoy me to no end.

florige
05-04-2007, 09:11 AM
There's one thing I don't really understand. Why the Nowitzki hate? As far as I can tell, he has been the only professional one out of the entire group of thugs. Even Avery had a shitty, arrogant attitude towards us. But Nowitzki has never had a bad attitude towards us, as far as I can remember.

I have always hated Terry and especially Stackhouse. Cuban is a complete asshat. Those guys belong to my trio of hate.

I lost all my respect for Dirk after last year. You don't know how pissed I was seeing that schmuck wag his tongue like he was Jordan or something. Not only that but during the Finals after getting MOST of the calls going his way he has the NERVE to throw tantrums after the zebras were giving Wade every call known to man. That is what did me in with him.

nkdlunch
05-04-2007, 09:12 AM
being called MVP, and being a SOFT jumpshooter w/no defense don't go together.

I don't hate him, but yes, I'll critizize him. Just like I critizize Nash.

wildbill2u
05-04-2007, 09:13 AM

You think Nowitzki gets it bad here? Check out the Dallas Morning News where one sportswriter calls him soft, not a leader, and wants to trade him because the Mavs will never go any further with him as the leader.

And you don't wanna read the comments of average fans.

caŽlo
05-04-2007, 09:15 AM
because i love exercise bikes

Don Quixote
05-04-2007, 09:19 AM
I like Dirk. Heck, I'd even like the Mavs if (some of) their fans weren't such trolls. Dirk's a great player and a good guy. He can be on my team anytime.

Our hate should be directed mostly toward Mavs Fan.

Mavschick
05-04-2007, 09:47 AM
Dirk is a slightly taller Kyle Korver, a one-dimensional slow white guy who couldn't defend fungus. Trade him now before his trade value gets decimated even more next year by another inevitable playoff disappearing act.

dmac
05-04-2007, 09:48 AM
and he made every damn one of them too!!!:bang

Patrick Davis
05-04-2007, 09:52 AM
He is the odds on favorite to win MVP and doesn't deserve it.

And also he fouled Tim on the final play of game 7 last year and it wasn't called.

Patrick Davis
05-04-2007, 09:53 AM
Oh And I hate white people

NASpurs
05-04-2007, 09:55 AM
"I've said it a million times: We could go 82-0 and we know it means nothing unless we win it all," Nowitzki said on the eve of the Golden State series. "I know what's going on. If we lose [in the playoffs], you guys will say they can't win the big games and they have no leadership."

He's going to hear this for a long time to come.

SpurYank
05-04-2007, 10:04 AM
Sorry, but there is a certain amount of arrogance and superiority abiout Dirk that he can't hide. He did it last year in publicly criticizing Dampier. When the Mavs lose, he never gives the other team credit for beating his. It's always someone on his team that didn't come through. I mean, after all, the Mavericks have Dirk, how can they lose?

Hopefully, and I say this for Mavs fans, he'll grow a little after this humbling experience.

~Sweetmelody~
05-04-2007, 10:13 AM
I don't hate the guy, and I am actually suprised with all the hate.... I think all the negative energy is not good for our Spurs. :(

naico
05-04-2007, 10:18 AM

though nobody might give a fuck...

I'm Belgian, so a fellow countrymen of DJ Mbenga. On Belgian cable he gave an interview saying that Duncan is a "big ass whiner" and that he makes a living out of it. I must say i really respected the guy but now he really dissapoints me. I even thought they he could be e decent back-up center for san antonio (BTW: san antonio were in discussions with him last year as he said himself back then) Guess they've been messing him up over there.

Stahlkugeln
05-04-2007, 10:21 AM
Nein. Nein. NEIN.

Was ist los, Herr Dirk?

:cry