50 cent
05-04-2007, 08:45 AM
:lmao

thispego
05-04-2007, 09:46 AM
theyve still got a chance, its win or go home now

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-04-2007, 09:52 AM
You could have named it Mavs in 900 because they are going to be playing this series in their heads for the rest of their careers.

EDIT: I guess it would have to be something like Mavs in 901 for mathematical reasons.

Budkin
05-04-2007, 09:56 AM
I have no doubt in my mind that they are taking it in 9!

efrem1
05-04-2007, 09:56 AM
or for you math majors out there, it's Mavs in the square root of 81. :drunk

Kamnik
05-04-2007, 10:00 AM
i lol at the amount of joy created by the Mav's chocking around here :D

i wanted GS to win too but happines showed by spurs fans today is almost like wining a championship :D

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-04-2007, 10:01 AM
EDIT: I guess it would have to be something like Mavs in 901 for mathematical reasons.

Dude, it's the Mavs...if anybody can pull off winning 449 straight games, it's them.

ponky
05-04-2007, 10:05 AM
i'll admit, forum name is funny...in addition to the 1-8 upset, the mavs have made history again today...the entire first page of the spurstalk nba forum is consumed by mavs related threads and nothign else...in a bitterly humorous sense, that's really fucking awesome!

mabber
05-04-2007, 10:26 AM
i'll admit, forum name is funny...in addition to the 1-8 upset, the mavs have made history again today...the entire first page of the spurstalk nba forum is consumed by mavs related threads and nothign else...in a bitterly humorous sense, that's really fucking awesome!

It's scary and funny at the same time. You'd think that fans of a team with 3 titles would focus more at the task at hand (their team's next opponent) but, apparently, their hatred for everything Dallas (fans/team/owner/city) has taken over. It makes for some damn funny threads though :lol

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-04-2007, 10:31 AM
It's scary and funny at the same time. You'd think that fans of a team with 3 titles would focus more at the task at hand (their team's next opponent) but, apparently, their hatred for everything Dallas (fans/team/owner/city) has taken over. It makes for some damn funny threads though :lol

There's more than enough time to do both.

I know it's tough to understand since your team just got defeated in the worst fashion in pro sports history, but you use part of your time for rest and the remainder for preparation when advancing to the next round, like the Spurs did.

And you should know, mabber, you're actually one of the liked Mavs posters here.

Fillmoe
05-04-2007, 10:32 AM
please point and laugh at mavs fans

ponky
05-04-2007, 10:33 AM

lol, sure does, it's one of the things that has gotten me to laugh at this whole mess that the mavs have made and get through the loss. this page of threads is a testament to how freakin' relieved the spurs fans are at the prospect of not having to get worn down even more and possibly losing to the mavs in this year's playoffs...they *should* have an easy route to the finals now. it's kind of hilarious to read some of the threads about how the psyche of the team could be lasting for years to come :dramaquee

Kori Ellis
05-04-2007, 10:34 AM

It's just a circumstance of perfect timing - there's no Spurs game until Sunday :lol

Plus, there are just some times you need to let the forum go wild - after winning the championship, after a really bad loss, and after the 67-win Mavericks get knocked out of the first round by an eighth seed.

ponky
05-04-2007, 10:36 AM
There's more than enough time to do both.

I know it's tough to understand since your team just got defeated in the worst fashion in pro sports history, but you use part of your time for rest and the remainder for preparation when advancing to the next round, like the Spurs did.

And you should know, mabber, you're actually one of the liked Mavs posters here.

meh, mabber and i are just giving a different perspective...the perspective that some mavs fans find all this hoopla hilarious because we know the obsession between spurs/mavs fans is pretty crazy. i don't mind the smack, it's to be expected on a freakin' spurs forum, especially after the way some mavs fans kept up the banter since the end of the second round last season...it's just kind of funny to read and see all the new threads.

mabber
05-04-2007, 10:43 AM
It's just a circumstance of perfect timing - there's no Spurs game until Sunday :lol

Plus, there are just some times you need to let the forum go wild - after winning the championship, after a really bad loss, and after the 67-win Mavericks get knocked out of the first round by an eighth seed.

Yeah, I understand but I guess I just didn't realize how much the Mavs and their fans were hated. I do now...wow. It ain't no big deal to me as it's just hoops. Like I said, it's making for some great reading :lol

samikeyp
05-04-2007, 10:45 AM
but, apparently, their hatred for everything Dallas (fans/team/owner/city)

Hey...Cuban started the city smack..blame him.

I didn't know I hated everything Dallas, which explains why I married a girl from Richardson..but it must be true because you know, all us Spurs fans think alike. :lol

Kori Ellis
05-04-2007, 10:47 AM
Yeah, I understand but I guess I just didn't realize how much the Mavs and their fans were hated. I do now...wow. It ain't no big deal to me as it's just hoops. Like I said, it's making for some great reading :lol

Last night at the GTG, I actually said that you were the only Mavs fan on the board that I felt sorry for :lol

It was a bit of an exaggeration, but not that far off. The Mavs fans (as a group - not all of them) on this forum have been much, much more obnoxious than any other group of fans from another team in our history of SpursTalk. I have never dealt with such a high number of people cussing me out.

But it isn't just about that. The Spurs dismissal from the playoffs last year hurt. And your team is the one that did it.

So this was just a sweet justice thing all the way around.

Plus for me, I like the Warriors a lot. Jack is probably my favorite player in the league, plus they have two former UCLA players.

samikeyp
05-04-2007, 10:49 AM
Mabber...if the situation was reversed...the Mav fan smack deluge would crash the server.

ponky
05-04-2007, 10:52 AM

LOL, not in my household. I'm not as depressed as I thought I'd be (ummm, because to feel better my bf and I are going to go buy another Xbox 360 today, heh!) but NBA balling is everything and consumes every cell in our bodies! Of course, we don't hit a bump, moving from sport to sport but those other sports we're interested in are just to bide the time in-between season. :lol

ponky
05-04-2007, 10:53 AM
Mabber...if the situation was reversed...the Mav fan smack deluge would crash the server.

:lol :p:

Cherry
05-04-2007, 11:01 AM
Your only chance at beating us is by scoring more points than us. That doesn't happen often.

Mavs in 5, 6 if the Warriors are extremely lucky.

:lol @ SpursDynasty.

You tell me, Mavs 3/Spurs 1. Is it really all about the regularseason , you talking-in-circles retard?

Mavs sweep.

ouch :fight

mabber
05-04-2007, 11:06 AM
Last night at the GTG, I actually said that you were the only Mavs fan on the board that I felt sorry for :lol

It was a bit of an exaggeration, but not that far off. The Mavs fans (as a group - not all of them) on this forum have been much, much more obnoxious than any other group of fans from another team in our history of SpursTalk. I have never dealt with such a high number of people cussing me out.

But it isn't just about that. The Spurs dismissal from the playoffs last year hurt. And your team is the one that did it.

So this was just a sweet justice thing all the way around.

Plus for me, I like the Warriors a lot. Jack is probably my favorite player in the league, plus they have two former UCLA players.

Thanks, but no need to feel sorry for me. This actually isn't bothering me that much. It's nothing compared to losing in the finals last year the way we did. Plus, I like Nellie and all the Warrior players (other than your boy).

On a side (and serious) note...and for what it's worth...I've been going to Mav games for years and I've been going to bars in Dallas to watch games for years and I have NEVER seen or heard the stuff (behavior, etc) that some posters on here claim to see everytime they go out in Dallas. Maybe I'm just going to different places but I know I would notice stuff like clapping for injuries, etc.. I've had season tix for several years now and haven't witnessed any really bad behavior (unless you consider wearing low cut shirts and not paying attention to the game bad behavior :lol ) at any games. I'm starting to wonder if I'm really that unobservant. I do sit in the lower level in pretty good seats so maybe the bad Mav fan behavior takes place in the upper level...I have no idea? I just wanted to throw that out there.

Also...there are obviously a lot of ridiculous Mav posters on here as I can read that...but no more than the many ridiculous Spurs posters. It must be a difficult job to be the Mod on here and be a Spurs fan as you have to get sick of the lame Mav posters and, at the same time, be embarrased by the lame Spurs posters. I appreciate you having this forum as every once in awhile there is some decent hoops talk. There are many Spurs posters that I really like and respect on here and you are definitely one of them.

mabber
05-04-2007, 11:07 AM

You would know better than I. Like I said, the Mav bashing this morning is deserved so no big deal to me.

mabber
05-04-2007, 11:09 AM
LOL, not in my household. I'm not as depressed as I thought I'd be (ummm, because to feel better my bf and I are going to go buy another Xbox 360 today, heh!) but NBA balling is everything and consumes every cell in our bodies! Of course, we don't hit a bump, moving from sport to sport but those other sports we're interested in are just to bide the time in-between season. :lol

Don't get me wrong, I love NBA hoops (and college hoops) and will continue to follow it throughout the rest of the playoffs. I'm just saying that the Mavs losing doesn't put me into despression or anything as it's just a game.

Islymore
05-04-2007, 12:04 PM
I gotta agree mostly with Mabber... as much as ppl would think I'd be devastated *u wouldnt believe the number of calls I got last night and this morning to talk Mavs from ppl I aint spoke to all yr even!*, I'm actually okay. It's disappointing but last year was tons worse. Overall - I'm not shocked by all the threads on here bc alot of Mavfans were on here being huge assholes all yr... so I say go for what you know on both ends. I'll still be a Mav fan and funny thing - I'm starting to prefer ST to a whole lotta other MAV forums I am on... too many ppl with Mavgoggles...

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-04-2007, 12:13 PM
On a side (and serious) note...and for what it's worth...I've been going to Mav games for years and I've been going to bars in Dallas to watch games for years and I have NEVER seen or heard the stuff (behavior, etc) that some posters on here claim to see everytime they go out in Dallas

Go out wearing some Spurs stuff, and see how your impression changes. As to last night, hey, it is what it is and the enthusiasm for Baron's and Jax's injuries is one of the most pathetic things I have ever seen.

Islymore
05-04-2007, 12:17 PM
^ I agree... That made me mad. If we are play a team, I want everyone playing. No suspensions, no injuries, no ejections.