PDA

View Full Version : Vince Carter: I Don't Want To Dunk Anymore...

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-23-2004, 05:13 AM
http://www.tsn.ca/nba/news_story.asp?ID=105601&hubName=nba

TSN.ca Staff

11/22/2004

Vinsanity is taking a step back.

Raptors all-star Vince Carter told a scrum of reporters on Monday that he was finished with his high-flying dunks.

"I don't want to dunk anymore," he said flatly.

For the first few seasons, the North Carolina earned the moniker, "Half-man, half-amazing" with spectacular dunks for nightly highlight reels and made French player Frederic Weiss a poster boy in the 2000 Olympics with a clear jump over him to get to the hoop.

Carter's statement is another footnote in a storied year for Carter. The 2000 NBA Slam Dunk winner made headlines in the summer when he asked to be traded out of Toronto. He still has three years - plus an option - on the six-year contract extension he signed with Toronto following the 2000-2001 season.

Last week, the NBA said he couldn't wear his iPod in the warm-up period before games.

On Friday, a trade rumour emerged that would see Carter go to Portland in a package for Shareef Abdur-Rahim.

The news seemed to be the final straw for Raptors fans, who have booed Carter angrily in the team's latest home stand. Carter is averaging 14.5 points a game this season - nine below his career average.

-----

Blaze's Take: So he's essentially stopping the one thing that people are attracted to about him. Isn't that kind of likie Stephen Hawking turning off "Masterpiece Theatre" to watch "COPS"?

manustarting2gd
11-24-2004, 04:37 PM
Yeah, thats why he dunked last night and smiled at the free throw line , and 1.

Kori Ellis
11-24-2004, 05:00 PM
He said yesterday that his statement about not dunking was a joke.

Das Texan
11-24-2004, 05:38 PM
and he is an idiot.

Useruser666
11-24-2004, 07:07 PM
I heard he was practicing with Rasho in the off season.