PDA

View Full Version : One good thing came out of Mavs losing...

ratm1221
05-04-2007, 09:43 AM
...is now that the series is over, Spurs fans can stop pretending to be GSW fans. It's just too bad they weren't pretending to be assholes. Karma is a bitch, so keep laughing it up. Jokes on us for now, enjoy it. :toast

steppy
05-04-2007, 10:50 AM
No, there is another positive thing. I can go to Spurs/Mavs games at the AT&T Center and just mention GS when Mavs fans start their cocky, obnoxious bullshit.

BigBeezie
05-04-2007, 10:51 AM
The Mavs will never be the same. They are going to roll-up in the fetal position and cry for the next 10 years.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-04-2007, 10:52 AM
...is now that the series is over, Spurs fans can stop pretending to be GSW fans. It's just too bad they weren't pretending to be assholes. Karma is a bitch, so keep laughing it up. Jokes on us for now, enjoy it. :toast

It burns, doesn't it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/byucygnus/caveman.gif

degenerate_gambler
05-04-2007, 10:53 AM
so keep laughing it up. Jokes on us for now, enjoy it. :toast

oh we are

yes, it is

and we will dude.

2centsworth
05-04-2007, 10:54 AM
No, there is another positive thing. I can go to Spurs/Mavs games at the AT&T Center and just mention GS when Mavs fans start their cocky, obnoxious bullshit.Maybe Mavs fan will realize it's all about the...

http://www.nba.com/media/spurs/trophies_spursprimary.jpg

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-04-2007, 10:55 AM
Maybe Mavs fan will realize it's all about the...

http://www.nba.com/media/spurs/trophies_spursprimary.jpg

Why do you have to keep talking about the past?

baseline bum
05-04-2007, 11:19 AM
I never pretended. I'm always a fan of any team Stephen Jackson is on.

2centsworth
05-04-2007, 11:23 AM
Why do you have to keep talking about the past?You're not understanding. The Spurs minds are set on one thing and that's adding another Trophy. The Mavs are focused on a totally different thing and that's beating the Spurs. Otherwise, how do you explain losing 8 of the past 10 playoff games to inferior teams after beating an excellent Spurs team?

So the question was, One good thing came out of Mavs losing.... my answer is maybe they now realize it's all about the rings.

steppy
05-04-2007, 11:34 AM
You're not understanding. The Spurs minds are set on one thing and that's adding another Trophy. The Mavs are focused on a totally different thing and that's beating the Spurs. Otherwise, how do you explain losing 8 of the past 10 playoff games to inferior teams after beating an excellent Spurs team?

So the question was, One good thing came out of Mavs losing.... my answer is maybe they now realize it's all about the rings.

:lol...I think he was being sarcastic by repeating what Mavs fans have been taunting us with.

I just don't want to see anymore of that chanting and acting like they've done something on Spurs turf until they raise their own NBA Championship banner. I even had a Mav fan tell me that they own us back at the game in January.

mardigan
05-04-2007, 11:36 AM
Go Warriors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/sethhoward/9001f130-80ad-4d6b-b0ee-663687e43b3.jpg

jacobdrj
05-04-2007, 11:37 AM
Nothing good came from the mavs loosing to golden state, unless you are a fan of golden state...

2centsworth
05-04-2007, 11:39 AM
:lol...I think he was being sarcastic by repeating what Mavs fans have been taunting us with.

I just don't want to see anymore of that chanting and acting like they've done something on Spurs turf until they raise their own NBA Championship banner. I even had a Mav fan tell me that they own us back at the game in January.
so the spurs beat the living daylights out of them from the beginning of time and along the way win 3 championships. Then the Mavs finally barely get over the hump and now they own the spurs? That's hilarious, but I guess the one bad thing that comes from GS winning is that the spurs do not get a chance to avenge last year like they were able to do against the championship caliber Laker teams.

mikejones99
05-04-2007, 12:19 PM
Many good things came out of this series. Justice is sweet. Pacers should get some credit for giving away 2 good players for whitey. :blah

mardigan
05-04-2007, 12:23 PM
Bet we will see many Mav fans rooting for the Suns now.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/sethhoward/76718253-bac2-4294-b692-97c5006d7b3.jpg
"Mavs suck donkey balls!"

jman3000
05-04-2007, 12:25 PM
Bet we will see many Mav fans rooting for the Suns now

IDK... i this series is pretty much a mavs fan worse nightmare as far as choosing who to go for... i think they actually hate the suns a bit more than us.

Islymore
05-04-2007, 12:26 PM
Bet we will see many Mav fans rooting for the Suns now

:pctoss
never!!! i think i would rather cheer for GS than PHX anyday...

... that SJAX :makeout - dont know when that happened...

mabber
05-04-2007, 12:28 PM
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/sethhoward/76718253-bac2-4294-b692-97c5006d7b3.jpg
"Mavs suck donkey balls!"

I'm conflicted. I'm definitely rooting for a great series but I like both FinDog & Nash so haven't decided who I'm pulling for as yet. It's not imperative that I pull for a team so I may just go that route and hope for some good games.

mardigan
05-04-2007, 12:31 PM
I'm conflicted. I'm definitely rooting for a great series but I like both FinDog & Nash so haven't decided who I'm pulling for as yet. It's not imperative that I pull for a team so I may just go that route and hope for some good games.By the way, sorry for your loss man, like I told Isly, I really do feel bad for the good fans on here like you, much respect.Im just having a little fun

ShackO
05-04-2007, 12:44 PM

What were you expecting to be the response after your homboyZ have been running around making fools of themselves????

There is a lot to be learned from the series & I am sure Avery will but I am not sure about dirk..............

This can make them stronger or weaker.......... @ least they have a choice....

Findog
05-04-2007, 01:44 PM

I want Finley to get his ring. Then Nash, then Nellie, in that order.

Suns>Spurs
05-04-2007, 01:46 PM
I want Finley to get his ring. Then Nash, then Nellie, in that order.

Nash will be first. :toast

dirk4mvp
05-04-2007, 03:33 PM
I'm conflicted. I'm definitely rooting for a great series but I like both FinDog & Nash so haven't decided who I'm pulling for as yet. It's not imperative that I pull for a team so I may just go that route and hope for some good games.

I'm pulling for the Spurs. I'd rather hear 4 > 0 than the new 1 > 0

Islymore
05-04-2007, 03:39 PM

I kinda agree with this... plus... I think most of the ppl on ST are cool, so I would probably root for the Spurs.

Def over PHX. But I will be rooting for SJAX to get past the Rockets/Jazz... and I would really like for TMac to get outta the first round... but thass just me.

SpursWoman
05-04-2007, 03:39 PM

:lol

T Park
05-04-2007, 03:56 PM
I've always liked Golden State. Friends of mine from Cali have season tickets to em, and I like to pop that J Rich jersey occasionally :)

sabar
05-04-2007, 04:03 PM
99% of the Spurs fans here rooted for GS soley because of Jackson.

mardigan
05-04-2007, 04:04 PM
99% of the Spurs fans here rooted for GS soley because of Jackson.
Yep, and I love watching B-Diddy and Monta Ellis play