PDA

View Full Version : How does this rank as the favourite Spurs Opponent demise?

ambchang
05-04-2007, 10:31 AM
Looking at all the elimination of major Spurs rivals that does not involve the Spurs.
97 and 98 Jazz to the Bulls - was fun to see Malone choke, but the Bulls were the favourites anyways.
04 Lakers at the hands of the Pistons - Great to see how the Pistons embarrassing the heavy favourites after 0.4
06 Mavs at the hands of the Heat - Seeing Wade shoot FTs have never been more fun.

maxpower
05-04-2007, 10:40 AM
This has been by far the most pleasure I have ever received from seeing another team get trounced.

I did like it that Malone did not get a ring.

But I have never felt so giddy seeing a team pull such a historic tank job. It could not have happened to a more deserving group of fans, thug players, and loudmouthed owner.

The side stories were just classic. Cuban getting kicked in the teeth by his old employee could not have been thought up by any fiction writer. :spin :toast :elephant :clap

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-04-2007, 10:41 AM
Honestly, this one was kind of hard to watch. Most of the series it's was fun to watch the frustrated Mavs scramble for answers, but the elimination game was just downright ugly. The second half was like watching a heavyweight fight where the ref couldn't stop the fight even though one fighter couldn't keep his gloves up.

The one person I don't have sympathy for is Mark Cuban. I hate that guy.

LilMissSPURfect
05-04-2007, 10:42 AM
#1 = spurs ending Lakers reign!

Budkin
05-04-2007, 10:51 AM
#1 = spurs ending Lakers reign!

I'm sure all of us agree but the question was which one not involving the Spurs. It's hard for me to pick between this, the 2004 Finals, and the 2006 Finals. I guess this one feels the best because we haven't been eliminated by said team already.

Mr. Body
05-04-2007, 10:54 AM
I admit some sadness at seeing old foes get put down. I was sorry to see us beat the Lakers. Not that I'd be glad they survived, but it feels like the end of an era. Plus, I like a good number of the Dallas team, but hate Cuban. I don't want them sniffing a championship, but this was pretty brutal, and Nowitzki shouldn't get reamed quite the way he is.

Extra Stout
05-04-2007, 10:55 AM
This is the only time a Spurs rival has been tagged with a loss that defines their franchise as losers, and will haunt and humiliate them for years to come.

Nothing else comes close.