PDA

View Full Version : Official Dirk Motto!

Zack
05-04-2007, 10:44 AM
"I am more afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions led by a sheep."

Surly won't be this

"God will not look you over for medals, degrees, or diplomas, but for scars."

:)

degenerate_gambler
05-04-2007, 10:46 AM
This is going to end up as one of the biggest pile-ons ever.

BigBeezie
05-04-2007, 10:58 AM
Definition of a leader:

a person who rules or guides or inspires others

Not a Dirk No"show"witzki

ponky
05-04-2007, 11:00 AM
Definition of a leader:

a person who rules or guides or inspires others

Not a Dirk No"show"witzki

dirk never professed to be the leader of the team and has actually rejected that label when the media has tried to put it on him. not defending his terrible play in this series, just saying that people who think dirk has it in him to be a leader don't really pay attention to the development of his game, it's not his natural state and just something that was thrown on him by the media when he's just a really good shooter

ChumpDumper
05-04-2007, 11:01 AM
Dirk should give back half his salary if he isn't going to be a leader.

clambake
05-04-2007, 11:03 AM
Stop defending. He doesn't need to accept or reject the leader tag. He needs to grow a pair and set an example with his play. He's casper.

Zack
05-04-2007, 11:04 AM
dirk never professed to be the leader of the team and has actually rejected that label when the media has tried to put it on him. not defending his terrible play in this series, just saying that people who think dirk has it in him to be a leader don't really pay attention to the development of his game, it's not his natural state and just something that was thrown on him by the media when he's just a really good shooter

Reply..

"Every vice has its excuse ready."

jacobdrj
05-04-2007, 11:05 AM
"I am more afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions led by a sheep."

Surly won't be this

"God will not look you over for medals, degrees, or diplomas, but for scars."

:)

Good thing too, that scars quote opens a lot of scary doors opened throughout the course of history...

ponky
05-04-2007, 11:08 AM
Dirk should give back half his salary if he isn't going to be a leader.

you're probably right but when players are being given salaries they don't desrve right and left, he can keep it...he still made less than allen houston this year.

ponky
05-04-2007, 11:10 AM
Reply..

"Every vice has its excuse ready."

there's a reason he played better when he could sit back and make his shots when finley was the leader of the mavs and when nash handled the ball well. bitching and moaning about the loss is not for me, i like to break it down and compare it to past seasons, etc., has nothing to do with excuses, something i wouldn't do for dirk in this series.

Zack
05-04-2007, 11:12 AM
there's a reason he played better when he could sit back and make his shots when finley was the leader of the mavs and when nash handled the ball well. bitching and moaning about the loss is not for me, i like to break it down and compare it to past seasons, etc., has nothing to do with excuses, something i wouldn't do for dirk in this series.

Reply...

"The past is useless. That explains why it is past."

ponky
05-04-2007, 11:16 AM
Reply...

"The past is useless. That explains why it is past."

repeat, read more, learn more, regurgitate stupid shit less

ChumpDumper
05-04-2007, 11:17 AM
you're probably right but when players are being given salaries they don't desrve right and left, he can keep it...he still made less than allen houston this year.Allan was a leader. He just can't walk.

BigBeezie
05-04-2007, 11:25 AM
I'm tired of hearing "Dirk didn't want to be a leader...blah, blah".

Shit, when you're the best player on a team and possibly the league MVP...guess what, you don't have choice!! You have to man up and put the team on your back. You don't have to yell and scream at guys to be a leader. Just make plays, involve your teammates and make things work.

Look at Duncan and the Spurs. Tim is a very quiet guy, but everyone on the team will tell you he is the leader and it's because he is the best player..period.