View Full Version : Euroleague Final Four

ploto
05-04-2007, 11:49 AM
Did not find a thread amidst all this stuff-

On now... CSKA Moscow 44- Unicaja 44

Coming up... Panathinaikos - Tau

velik_m
05-04-2007, 12:13 PM
I made one, but got lost in Mavs lost! jerkfest.

CSKA won. A very phisical game

ata
05-04-2007, 12:24 PM
CSKA - Unicaja 62:50

"ugly" defensive game. CSKA won as predicted, however with much more trouble as expected.

alamo50
05-04-2007, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the tip ploto!
See NBA fans, this is called home court advantage!

velik_m
05-04-2007, 02:16 PM
Pao leads at half. I smell a blowout.

velik_m
05-04-2007, 03:25 PM
Pao in finals. Scola fouled out, Javtokas with a couple of blocks.

Panathinaikos - CSKA as expected. (Both teams have a Slovenian player :P ,i wonder if the ref will be a Slovenian also).

Mr. Body
05-04-2007, 03:27 PM
Scola is good and ready to play in the U.S., I'd imagine. He'll never get farther in the Euroleague.

Bruno
05-04-2007, 03:28 PM
Scola seems to struggle in big games. :depressed

velik_m
05-04-2007, 03:35 PM
Scola seems to struggle in big games. :depressed

Scola is somewhat limited on offense. In important games against teams with good bigs and D focused on him he strugles. He was still miles ahead of Spliter today though.

Mr. Body
05-04-2007, 03:51 PM
Scola can't be the main guy, maybe. But on a good mixed team like Chicago, he could be very good.

Disclosure: I advocate trading him this summer. One thing that helps us enormously is that there are very few post scorers in this year's draft. And very few on the block, other than Zach Randolph. You have Brendan Wright, a green Spencer Hawes, and maybe the Chinese guy Yi. If I were Chicago and vitally need post scoring, I'd take a long look at Scola before any of these guys, who could take 2-3 years before they figure it out.

velik_m
05-05-2007, 12:49 AM
http://www.euroleague.net/main/results/showgame?gamecode=228

Final score:
Panathinaikos 67 - 53 Tau Ceramica

Javtokas (Pao): 2 blocks, 1 foul and 1 to in 3 min.
Scola (Tau): 6 pts (fg: 2/5 ft 2/4), 7 rebs (5off, 2def) 1 as, 2 steals, 4 to and 5 fouls in 26 min.

Pistons < Spurs
05-05-2007, 02:08 AM
For those of you who get to watch Euroleague Bball, I was curious as to your opinions on Alex Acker w/ Olympiacos. From everything I read, including boxscores, it appears that he's done quite well ... but I was hoping some of you might have some more feedback. Thx

Bruno
05-05-2007, 06:35 AM
Scola can't be the main guy, maybe. But on a good mixed team like Chicago, he could be very good.

Disclosure: I advocate trading him this summer. One thing that helps us enormously is that there are very few post scorers in this year's draft. And very few on the block, other than Zach Randolph. You have Brendan Wright, a green Spencer Hawes, and maybe the Chinese guy Yi. If I were Chicago and vitally need post scoring, I'd take a long look at Scola before any of these guys, who could take 2-3 years before they figure it out.

From what I've read/seen, Yi isn't at all a low post scorer.

If I were Chicago, I will try to get Scola but not at the cost to give up Nocioni or the 9th pick because it's too much for Scola (even if Spurs add their late first round pick). I will try to get him with Duhon and Khryapa.
If I were SA, I will decline Khryapa and Duhon for Scola + expiring because Duhon isn't really better than Vaughn (he is just younger and has more range) and Krhyapa is an average prospect at best.
I don't really see a trade that can work for both teams.

Purple & Gold
05-05-2007, 01:58 PM
For the Europeans or people that watch the Euroleagues. How do you guys think Papaloukas and Diamantidis would do in the NBA? Could they be solid starters in the NBA. Any other PG's to look at?

Bruno
05-05-2007, 04:32 PM
For the Europeans or people that watch the Euroleagues. How do you guys think Papaloukas and Diamantidis would do in the NBA? Could they be solid starters in the NBA. Any other PG's to look at?

They aren't interested by playing in nba.
If they decided to sign in nba, I don't think they would be starting caliber players.

Diamantidis strength in europe are his D and his intangibles but I don't think he would be successfull in nba with quick PGs and man to man defense.

Papaloukas is too slow to play PG in nba. Maybe he can be sucessful witha team that have a small SG who can defend the opposite PG.

There has been rumors about Carlos Cabezas playing in nba next year but he is nothing special. Another player I can see playng in nba next eyar is Aaron Miles but he is short, isn't a good shooter (not a PG for the triangle) and is third string material.

Purple & Gold
05-05-2007, 05:52 PM
They aren't interested by playing in nba.
If they decided to sign in nba, I don't think they would be starting caliber players.

Diamantidis strength in europe are his D and his intangibles but I don't think he would be successfull in nba with quick PGs and man to man defense.

Papaloukas is too slow to play PG in nba. Maybe he can be sucessful witha team that have a small SG who can defend the opposite PG.

There has been rumors about Carlos Cabezas playing in nba next year but he is nothing special. Another player I can see playng in nba next eyar is Aaron Miles but he is short, isn't a good shooter (not a PG for the triangle) and is third string material.
How much do they make over there? I know Diamantidis has won multiple DPOY awards. You don't think that would translate over to the NBA? Who's defense would you compare his with? I've seen Papaloukas play and I think he could play in the NBA. His defense would be suspect though and he is slow. But he seems to make smart decisions and know how to control a team.

What do you think about Belinelli and Rudy Fernandez. Could you see them being a solid triangle PG? Or just a SG?

Bruno
05-05-2007, 06:27 PM
How much do they make over there?

Something like $3M per year, maybe $4M but the main reason why they don't want to play in nba isn't money.

I know Diamantidis has won multiple DPOY awards. You don't think that would translate over to the NBA? Who's defense would you compare his with?

To me the best case scenario for Diamantidis defense is post injury Jason Kidd defense, that is to say an average to above average defender. Dimantidis can do a good job against PG like Billups but he will be eaten by PG like Tony Parker.

What do you think about Belinelli and Rudy Fernandez. Could you see them being a solid triangle PG? Or just a SG?

Fernandez can maybe be a solid triangle PG. I don't see Belinelli playing PG in the triangle, he isn't a good enough passer and ball handler.

Purple & Gold
05-05-2007, 06:40 PM
Cool, thanx. Yeah I understand about not wanting to play in the NBA. They make solid enough money and I'm sure they enjoy being the Man over there. Well Diamantidis sounds like he would be a decent PG. Post Jason Kidd injury is not bad. Hopefully he changes his mind and wants to try out the NBA.

velik_m
05-06-2007, 01:12 PM
Bump.

Finals are about to start.

velik_m
05-06-2007, 01:14 PM
Tau lost to Unicaja for 3rd place.

Tau 74 - 76 Unicaja (Scola 14pts 5reb 2as in 33min)

http://www.euroleague.net/main/results/showgame?gamecode=229

velik_m
05-06-2007, 02:25 PM
Pao leads at the half
46-36

I don't see CSKA winning this.

velik_m
05-06-2007, 03:50 PM
Panathinaikos wins 93-91

Javtokas DNP