game 2: 7 for 15fg (23 pts)
game 3: 7 for 16fg (20 pts) 4 turnovers
game 4: 9 for 19 (29 pts)
game 5: 7 for 15 fg (30 pts) 2 turnovers
game 6: 2 for 13fg (8 pts) 3 turnovers

duncan228
05-04-2007, 12:18 PM
Who played worse I don't know.
But I hold Dirk responsible. It's his team. He's their leader. He put his tail between his legs before Game 4. He disappeared for all but 7 minutes at the end of Game 5.

I can't remember Duncan ever doing that. Even after his worst games he always came back fighting. Remember the horror of Games 3 and 4 in the '05 Finals. His face on the bench was something that scared me. But he came back in Game 5 and Horry took us over. A leader stays in the fight. His team follows.

Lead by example. You give up, your team has no chance no matter how good they are.
Dirk gave up long before last night.

mikejones99
05-04-2007, 12:41 PM
Jason Terry is a dirty player, he slammed Baron down and bit Finley last year. terry pleyed worse but not much was expected out of that little scrub. Dirk is a pussy and never goes inside expcept when barley told him to agaist SA last year.

Findog
05-04-2007, 01:05 PM
Losing is one thing, but they quit last night, and that is just unacceptable. That is what separates Tim Duncan and the Spurs from Dirk Nowitzki and the Mavs. Pains me to say it, but it's true. We had a twenty point lead on you guys in Game 7 and I knew it wasn't over. I was at a watching party and I said to my buddy "They're going to make a run and get back into this thing. I hope we can just hold on."

Our guys got flustered last night and just simply quit. Dirk's always been a humble guy that goes out of his way to not provide bulletin board material for other teams, he works hard, he's a good teammate, all of that, but he is not a #1 Guy. Period.

duncan228
05-04-2007, 01:16 PM
Findog- I'm curious. Did something happen to Dirk before or during this series that would have impacted him this much? Something in his off the court life? (I know, if it's off the court how would we know?)
It just seems strange for him to disappear so drastically after the way he played all season.
All choking jokes aside, is it more than that? Or did he really just collapse under pressure?

Findog
05-04-2007, 01:22 PM
Findog- I'm curious. Did something happen to Dirk before or during this series that would have impacted him this much? Something in his off the court life? (I know, if it's off the court how would we know?)
It just seems strange for him to disappear so drastically after the way he played all season.
All choking jokes aside, is it more than that? Or did he really just collapse under pressure?

I just think the pressure of "championship or bust" got to him. I think Avery also bears a lot of blame for trying to go small and match Golden State. Instead of using our regular rotation, Dirk was playing center a lot and was not in the same spots on the floor as during the regular season, so that can take a guy out of his comfort zone when he does one thing for 82 games and then his coach asks him to do something completely different. Before we throw Dirk under the bus, let's make sure there's some room for Avery as well. That said, I saw a troubling lack of aggressiveness in this series.

Too much of him standing around at the arc and not calling for the ball, or passing it right back out without attacking. There were times when he got a mismatch and was iso'd on Barnes and didn't exploit the mismatch properly. Too much of him being fronted and not fighting through it to get better position to receive the entry pass.

Euros don't grow up with any of this "The Man" concept that we have. They want to be good teammates, but Dirk has played with fire before. It's still just unbelievable to me.

duncan228
05-04-2007, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the thoughts Findog.
I feel for you. To lose is hard enough when your team plays well. To lose like this must be horrible.

Trainwreck2100
05-04-2007, 01:27 PM
Jet should definitely be taking some heat, but so far he hasn't

Kori Ellis
05-04-2007, 01:31 PM
What about Josh Howard, who didn't score a single field goal in the final minutes of any of the six games?

duncan228
05-04-2007, 01:33 PM
Maybe we just keep it "team collapse"

Findog
05-04-2007, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the thoughts Findog.
I feel for you. To lose is hard enough when your team plays well. To lose like this must be horrible.

Thanks for your condolences. I've avoided the "Mavs got pwned!" threads and prefer to just talk X's and O's. I keep wishing we could've just won 50-55 games and been eliminated as a 5 seed.

I've experienced Roy Tarpley and Jason Kidd getting traded, and the Finals last year certainly hurt. This is not kneejerking, this isn't hyperbole or overreacting, but this is the worst day to ever be a Mavs fan. Even though I grew to love Finley's game, for a myriad of reasons, the day of the Kidd trade was the previous worst day in Mavs history for me personally, and that was the closest I ever came to throwing in the towel on this team.

I won't give up on them now but they sure know how to torture their fanbase.

degenerate_gambler
05-04-2007, 01:38 PM
What about Josh Howard, who didn't score a single field goal in the final minutes of any of the six games?

No joke...and people want to crack Dirk for his nut shriveling, thats fine. But to let Terry & Howard off the hook is crap.

I remember late in Game 4, Mavs down 2-3 pts w/under 2 minutes to play and Terry, Howard and Stackhouse were out on the perimeter, throwing the ball to each other like it was a live grenade...none of them wanted it.

StylisticS
05-04-2007, 04:29 PM
That's been Howard's problem all year. He has great starts to game. But disappears in the 2nd half. Why is that? I don't know.

ShackO
05-04-2007, 04:55 PM
IMO there is plenty of blame to go around.... But I don't think you can be honest & not place the majority of it squarely on Dirk..............

Avery will have a huge share in that as well but what did anyone expect from any of the rest w/ the exceptions perhaps of Stackhouse?????

What did they learn from last seasons mistakes????

CharlieMac
05-04-2007, 08:14 PM
Dirk, no question. Josh sucked but attacked the basket every now and then.

How the fuck is a 7 footer gonna hang out around the 3 point arc the whole game?

Who does that?

Oh right, Dirk.

Kobulingam
05-04-2007, 08:41 PM
Jason Terry:

game 1: 6 for 14fg (17 points)
game 2: 12 for 23fg (28 pts) 3 turnovers
game 3: 4 for 11fg (14 pts) 3 turnovers
game 4: 7 for 19fg (19 pts) 3 turnovers
game 5: 4 for 11fg (11 pts) 3 turnovers
game 6: 6 for 14fg (13 pts) 5 turnovers

Dirk:

game 1: 4 for 16fg (14 pts)
game 2: 7 for 15fg (23 pts)
game 3: 7 for 16fg (20 pts) 4 turnovers
game 4: 9 for 19 (29 pts)
game 5: 7 for 15 fg (30 pts) 2 turnovers
game 6: 2 for 13fg (8 pts) 3 turnovers

Some of Dirk's numbers are boosted by desperation shots near the end of games. When the game seems out of hand and Dirk has nothing to lose, he plays well.

Fillmoe
05-04-2007, 08:44 PM
Josh Coward....... Dallas needs a guy who wants to take the shot in the 4th quarter..... and the only person that wants to do that is hardly ever playing in the 4th..... JERRY WACKHOUSE......... maybe yall should sign Robert Horry.... hes sleeps for 3 quarters and then wakes up in the 4th......

mavsbandwagon01
05-04-2007, 09:50 PM
Lots of blame to go around. The core of this group just produced the two biggest playoff collapses in memory. We need a new core. I think we need to rebuild. I hate to say it but I think Dirk is gone this summer. I dont think the rest of the team trusts him at this point and fair or not he is the posterboy for this, the biggest of chokes. I think he will be traded to whatever eastern conference team has the #2 pick (milwaukie, boston). Dallas rebuilds around durant, howard and harris. I know most on this board think durant much more valuable than dirk and I wont argue with that, but I bet most GMs think diffirently as they are pressured to win now to keep their jobs. Dirk will get an eastern conf team into the first round next year, with durant you're gambling on the future. It would also let a team get rid of most of their bad contracts.

Findog
05-04-2007, 10:53 PM
Get real, nobody is trading Oden or Durant for the #2. 11 years worth of age difference.

Kobulingam
05-04-2007, 11:03 PM
Lots of blame to go around. The core of this group just produced the two biggest playoff collapses in memory. We need a new core. I think we need to rebuild. I hate to say it but I think Dirk is gone this summer. I dont think the rest of the team trusts him at this point and fair or not he is the posterboy for this, the biggest of chokes. I think he will be traded to whatever eastern conference team has the #2 pick (milwaukie, boston). Dallas rebuilds around durant, howard and harris. I know most on this board think durant much more valuable than dirk and I wont argue with that, but I bet most GMs think diffirently as they are pressured to win now to keep their jobs. Dirk will get an eastern conf team into the first round next year, with durant you're gambling on the future. It would also let a team get rid of most of their bad contracts.

Durant won't be that great for 2 years or so.

SpursDynasty
05-04-2007, 11:53 PM
Josh Howard and Jason Terry = OVERRATED OVERRATED OVERRATED.

SpursIndonesia
05-04-2007, 11:56 PM
I'd love to see Paul Pierce as Dirk's sidekick, ala Kobe to Shaq. Dallas might have to give up Howard in return though, plus some change (either Terry + picks or Harris + salary filler).

Huh, long time not posting here, and my first comeback post is in SUCIDE WATCH forum. :lol

resistanze
05-04-2007, 11:58 PM
Game 4 is 9 for 19, 23 points....not 29