PDA

View Full Version : Moving on...

SpursDynasty
05-04-2007, 02:55 PM
Let's start talking second round here....Dallas talk is done. Warriors did their job as the favorites in the series and won....Warriors and either Rockets/Jazz will be an entertaining series as well. I'd like to see the fluke Rockets go down....

But the real series of the entire playoffs happens in the 2nd round this year (Again like 2006). Phoenix vs. SA.

Bulls vs. Pistons, again...the only series worth noting in the East.

Cleveland vs. Nets/Raptors - No one cares.

And no one will care about the ECF.

mardigan
05-04-2007, 03:00 PM
I wish you would stop calling them the favorites, its really fucking annoying

FromWayDowntown
05-04-2007, 03:12 PM
The rampant use of the word fluke in jeff's posts is remarkable.

I'm beginning to think that there are so many "flukes" in jeff's world that only "flukes" should be expected.

IMDB Quote Machine
05-04-2007, 03:22 PM

I'm beginning to think that there are so many "flukes" in jeff's world that only "flukes" should be expected.
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/2/29/200px-The_Princess_Bride_(NA_movie_poster).jpg

FWD: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

leemajors
05-04-2007, 03:52 PM

maybe he's infested with parasitic worms and it comes out in his writing.

FromWayDowntown
05-04-2007, 04:01 PM
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/2/29/200px-The_Princess_Bride_(NA_movie_poster).jpg

FWD: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

:tu

LEONARD
05-04-2007, 04:19 PM
Warriors did their job as the favorites in the series and won....

tired bit, Jeff...

so the Mavs didn't choke? Awesome...they weren't supposed to win according to Jeff... :lol

mardigan
05-04-2007, 04:20 PM
tired bit, Jeff...

so the Mavs didn't choke? Awesome...they weren't supposed to win according to Jeff... :lol
Maybe you shouldnt feel so bad after all

SpursDynasty
05-04-2007, 04:24 PM
And people continue to refuse to talk about the SECOND ROUND.

Fluke in sports means fake, shouldn't have happened. A fluke in science is a worm.

Moving on....

LEONARD
05-04-2007, 04:25 PM

Fluke in sports means fake, shouldn't have happened. A fluke in science is a worm.

Moving on....

lol...wtf?

I'm relieved to know that the Mavs did NOT choke!! :toast

cornbread
05-04-2007, 04:26 PM
Let's start talking second round here....Dallas talk is done. Warriors did their job as the favorites in the series and won....Warriors and either Rockets/Jazz will be an entertaining series as well. I'd like to see the fluke Rockets go down....

But the real series of the entire playoffs happens in the 2nd round this year (Again like 2006). Phoenix vs. SA.

Bulls vs. Pistons, again...the only series worth noting in the East.

Cleveland vs. Nets/Raptors - No one cares.

And no one will care about the ECF.
This is what, the third thread that you've started about this exact same subject?
IMDB is right. It seems that you don't fully understand the meaning of the word "fluke".

leemajors
05-04-2007, 04:27 PM

Moving on....

a fluke is also a fish - e.g. flounder.

mardigan
05-04-2007, 04:28 PM

Moving on....
Spurs over Suns in 5
? over GS in ?

Pistons over Bulls in 6
Cavs over ? in ?

So you think the media would be making a bigger deal out of this if the Mavs won?

SpursDynasty
05-04-2007, 04:33 PM
Worm, fish, Mavericks, etc....many different ways to define "fluke".

MadDog73
05-04-2007, 05:08 PM

Moving on....

So, you're saying the Rockets are a "fluke" for making the Playoffs?

Or are they a "fluke" if they win game 7?

Either way, I don't get it.

mardigan
05-04-2007, 05:09 PM

I dont think he gets it either

LEONARD
05-04-2007, 05:13 PM

He's said they weren't worth being mentioned with the Suns, Spurs, Mavs, and Jazz all season...but then they ended up with a better record than the Jazz...

SpursDynasty
05-04-2007, 05:56 PM
He's said they weren't worth being mentioned with the Suns, Spurs, Mavs, and Jazz all season...but then they ended up with a better record than the Jazz...

The Jazz just had a month or so where they were bored. It took a whole month of the Jazz not doing well, in order for the Rockets to finish only 1 game ahead of them.

Bibby_Gurl
05-04-2007, 05:58 PM
Look who's back. :rolleyes Do you realize people don't give 4 shits? Sorry, no offense. But. Spurs Dynasty, STFU! K Thnx.

FromWayDowntown
05-04-2007, 06:22 PM
But just to be clear, in the last few months, jeff has declared the following people or teams to be "flukes":

Dwight Howard
Carmelo Anthony
Allen Iverson
the Houston Rockets

I'm sure that I've missed a couple of additional "fluke" references, but those, in particular, stand out to me.

Jeff seems to be the only thing that can make me agree with Leonard, too. It's curious that on a day when the whole world is saying the Mavericks choked, jeff is singularly claiming that the Mavericks were the underdog throughout the series and just fell prey to a better team. I find that to be a really odd take, but if that's what jeff thinks, he can't also think that the Mavericks choked. And not thinking that, in my opinion, makes his views rather laughable.

cornbread
05-04-2007, 10:04 PM
Jeff seems to be the only thing that can make me agree with Leonard, too. It's curious that on a day when the whole world is saying the Mavericks choked, jeff is singularly claiming that the Mavericks were the underdog throughout the series and just fell prey to a better team.
You know the worst thing about it? Whenever he says that the Mavs were the underdogs, he totally discredits GSW's incredible accomplishment. It's like a slap in the face of GSW.

edoubledwhy
05-04-2007, 10:15 PM
who took the regular season series between spurs and suns? too lazy to look up

himat
05-04-2007, 10:17 PM
I thought this was not allowed...Pistons-Bulls Round 2 Game 1 starts before Rockets-Jazz Game 7

SpursDynasty
05-04-2007, 10:30 PM
You know the worst thing about it? Whenever he says that the Mavs were the underdogs, he totally discredits GSW's incredible accomplishment. It's like a slap in the face of GSW.

No, to say that GS were the favorites is a huge compliment to GS. That's already saying that they are a better team than Dallas who supposedly won 67 games. And they are. Going into the series, they were 6-1 vs Dallas in 2005-2006 and 2006-2007 regular season.

cornbread
05-04-2007, 10:54 PM
No, to say that GS were the favorites is a huge compliment to GS. That's already saying that they are a better team than Dallas who supposedly won 67 games. And they are. Going into the series, they were 6-1 vs Dallas in 2005-2006 and 2006-2007 regular season.
Supposedly won 67 games? WTF are you talking about? I've noticed that you've also referred to them as "fake" games in other threads. What was fake about them? Pre-decided outcomes like WWE or the Harlem Globetrotters? Did the Mavs play the Generals 67 times? I didn't think you were a conspiracy theorist.

The 6-1 regular season record is great evidence for your claim and I commend you for that. But to say that Dallas "supposedly" won games or won "fake" games DOES take away from GSW's accomplishment and makes you look silly at the same time.

MadDog73
05-04-2007, 11:35 PM
Honestly, Golden State making the playoffs was a "fluke". It took AJ not playing them, and a last game win to get in.

That said, look where that "fluke" got them...