PDA

View Full Version : Suns fans, you slay me!

gaKNOW!blee
05-04-2007, 04:40 PM
http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/polling?event_id=2919&action=1&question21810=87999&question21811=88005&question21812=88008&question21813=88010&question21814=88011&question21815=88016&question21816=87997&question21817=87990

I might give you Amare having the biggest impact, but come on.....

You would rather have Stoudemire? Duncan is the greatest PF of all time

Raja Bell is the better defender? check the all nba defensive teams and DPOY standings year in and year out

The suns do have the better bench, i agree

D'Antoni has his team choke every year in the playoffs and they dont play D, but hes the better coach, Pop has 3 rings, and the best defensive team year in and year out, not even close.

You would rather have Nash take the shot than BIG SHOT BOB?? give me a break

total homers on espn.com

mardigan
05-04-2007, 04:41 PM
http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/polling?event_id=2919&action=1&question21810=87999&question21811=88005&question21812=88008&question21813=88010&question21814=88011&question21815=88016&question21816=87997&question21817=87990

Raja Bell is the better defender? check the all nba defensive teams and DPOY standings year in and year out

D'Antoni has his team choke every year in the playoffs and they dont play D, but hes the better coach, Pop has 3 rings, and the best defensive team year in and year out, not even close.

total homers on espn.com
Hows that?

dreamcastrocks
05-04-2007, 04:45 PM

total homers on espn.com

I concede that Duncan is the best PF of all time, but at this point in their careers, I'd rather have Amare right now.

No way Bell is a better defender than Bowen.

No way that D'Antoni is the better coach. That is absurd, and this is coming from a Suns fan.

I doubt that this series goes the distance. If the Suns win both games at home, this series is over in 5 or 6 games for the Suns. If the Suns split, they lose in 6.

dreamcastrocks
05-04-2007, 04:47 PM
Hows that?

Barbosa, Diaw, & Kurt Thomas > than Ginobili, (if he doesn't start) Finley, Horry

gaKNOW!blee
05-04-2007, 04:47 PM
I realize the spurs bench played awesome in the series against denver, But to me I dont count Manu as a bench player and besides that all we have is Horry, I just do not like when Vaugn comes in the game, I dont trust him for some reason.

Barbosa and Diaw give that team a real lift.

gaKNOW!blee
05-04-2007, 04:48 PM
Barbosa, Diaw, & Kurt Thomas > than Ginobili, (if he doesn't start) Finley, Horry

Finley starts.

MadDog73
05-04-2007, 04:49 PM
I doubt that this series goes the distance. If the Suns win both games at home, this series is over in 5 or 6 games for the Suns. If the Suns split, they lose in 6.

Maybe I'm misreading, but it sounds like the Suns lose either way...

If I were you, I'd edit to say "If the Suns win both games at home, then they win in 5 -6 games. If the Suns split, they lose in 6."

Unless you were trying to say the Suns lose in 5 or 6 either way...

K-State Spur
05-04-2007, 04:50 PM
I realize the spurs bench played awesome in the series against denver, But to me I dont count Manu as a bench player and besides that all we have is Horry, I just do not like when Vaugn comes in the game, I dont trust him for some reason.

Barbosa and Diaw give that team a real lift.

Well, if you don't count Manu as a bench player, then you have to count Finley. The spurs can't start 6, one of them is coming off the pine.

That said, I don't think it's that outlandish to say that the Suns have a better bench. However, if the Spurs bench plays like it did against Denver, the Suns will struggle to match it. Plus, this is a series where Barry can play a huge factor.

PM5K
05-04-2007, 04:54 PM
I concede that Duncan is the best PF of all time, but at this point in their careers, I'd rather have Amare right now.

The thing is, it's not just about who is the more explosive scorer, who can jump higher, or dunk harder, it's about who makes their team better, who can create open looks, who can come up big when it matters most, and even though Duncan is older than Amare, you still pick Duncan if you want to win big games...

midgetonadonkey
05-04-2007, 04:57 PM
The thing is, it's not just about who is the more explosive scorer, who can jump higher, or dunk harder, it's about who makes their team better, who can create open looks, who can come up big when it matters most, and even though Duncan is older than Amare, you still pick Duncan if you want to win big games...

He can jump really high though.

dreamcastrocks
05-04-2007, 05:01 PM
Maybe I'm misreading, but it sounds like the Suns lose either way...

If I were you, I'd edit to say "If the Suns win both games at home, then they win in 5 -6 games. If the Suns split, they lose in 6."

Unless you were trying to say the Suns lose in 5 or 6 either way...

To the above poster, I have a feeling that Ginobili will start one or two games this series.

Maddog, I should have articulated better. If the Suns win the 1st two games at home, they will win the series in no more than 6 games. If the Spurs split the series, (which I personally see happening) The Spurs will win the series in 6 on their home court.

midgetonadonkey
05-04-2007, 05:03 PM
He can jump really high. He dunks the ball a lot.

mardigan
05-04-2007, 05:07 PM
Ginobili, Horry, Barry, Oberto, Vaugh>>>>>>>Barbosa, Diaw, Thomas imo

SirChaz
05-04-2007, 05:14 PM
total homers on espn.com

The problem is your source.

Obstructed_View
05-04-2007, 05:16 PM
The problem is your source.
:lol Very true. To paraphrase the David Stern quote, ESPN's dream NBA finals is Suns vs. Suns.

Obstructed_View
05-04-2007, 05:18 PM
To the above poster, I have a feeling that Ginobili will start one or two games this series.
If that happens, expect the Suns to win the series IMO. It might get Manu off, but I have a feeling it would screw up everyone else's rhythm. Not that the Spurs are in a very good rhythm, currently. Hell, it might turn out to be a good idea. I'm not a big fan of disrupting the rotation this late in the game.

gaKNOW!blee
05-05-2007, 10:57 AM

Maddog, I should have articulated better. If the Suns win the 1st two games at home, they will win the series in no more than 6 games. If the Spurs split the series, (which I personally see happening) The Spurs will win the series in 6 on their home court.

I don't see Manu starting in this series, unless the spurs are down 3-1 or something in which case it would be an emergency

mabber
05-05-2007, 11:05 AM
Will Elson & Oberto be guarding Amare most of the time? I don't see how Duncan will be able to guard him much and stay out of foul trouble.

gaKNOW!blee
05-05-2007, 11:12 AM
Will Elson & Oberto be guarding Amare most of the time? I don't see how Duncan will be able to guard him much and stay out of foul trouble.

I think Elson will have to play a lot, He is the only one strong enough to not get pushed around by AS.

jayfmyers
05-05-2007, 11:15 AM
Udrih, White, Butler >>>>> Barbosa, Diaw, Thomas, IMO

midgetonadonkey
05-05-2007, 11:20 AM
Beno is the key to this series. If he waves his towel with just the right amount of passion and intensity he may just help the Spurs to a victory in this series. I pray that he learned a lot from Sean Marks in the 2005 title run.

mabber
05-05-2007, 11:21 AM

That's just silly.

Obstructed_View
05-05-2007, 11:28 AM
Will Elson & Oberto be guarding Amare most of the time? I don't see how Duncan will be able to guard him much and stay out of foul trouble.That's the same logic that hurt the Spurs against the Mavs last year. Duncan's more than capable of guarding people without getting into foul trouble.

pad300
05-05-2007, 11:28 AM
I think Elson will have to play a lot, He is the only one strong enough to not get pushed around by AS.

Elson has been megadosing the Roids has he. Fast enough I might believe, but Oberto is stronger than Elson; Elson is a twig...

boutons_
05-05-2007, 11:29 AM
"I think Elson will have to play a lot, He is the only one strong enough to not get pushed around by AS."

Elson isn't tough, strong enough, not quick enough to bother Amare, even the surgery-diminshed Amare.

I expect Pop will go with what worked 4-1 in 2005 and Apr 5.

Let Amare get his, bother Steve and pic'n'roll to the max (Bruce guards him in the 4th), (which also prevents Amare from scoring since he depends on Steve), defenders stay with the shooters, get back fast to loiit the fast break and transition scoring.

It would be enormously helpful if the Spurs would shoot 45%+.

mabber
05-05-2007, 11:30 AM
That's the same logic that hurt the Spurs against the Mavs last year. Duncan's more than capable of guarding people without getting into foul trouble.

I'm just asking more than anything. I agree, Duncan should be able to cover any interior Mav player w/o getting in foul trouble but Amare is a different animal all together.

TheTruth
05-05-2007, 11:36 AM
The Problem with letting Amare get his like he did in the '05 series (35+ PPG) is that the Suns have much more scoring now with Barbosa and Bell. Duncan is gonna have to be on him more this series.

sunsbum
05-05-2007, 11:49 AM

total homers on espn.com

So id like an explanation on how dantonis teams have "choked" out of the playoffs... 2 WCFs is choking? one we ran into a BETTER more EXPIERENCED spurs team and the other we had raja, KT and amare out yet we still made it to the WCF.

as for nash taking the last shot over Rob, i can see where some people would take him, nash can actually create his own shot...mr. horry just stands there untill somehow everytime hes left open. i dont think you can blame a suns fan for rather taking a guy who actually plays minutes and shoots 50+% from the field and 47% from 3pt range....

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-05-2007, 12:03 PM

HITA > Beno

DarrinS
05-05-2007, 12:04 PM
There's no denying that the Suns are a great team. I think everything will hinge on the Spurs being able to dictate the tempo of the game. If we get a game in Phoenix, I like our chances.

Spurminator
05-05-2007, 12:13 PM
6) Which player in this series would you most want taking a game-winning shot?

23.6% Tim Duncan
22.6% Manu Ginobili
18.6% Steve Nash
15.3% Tony Parker
13.4% Robert Horry
3.4% Leandro Barbosa
2.1% Shawn Marion
1.1% Amare Stoudemire

WTF??

DarrinS
05-05-2007, 12:21 PM
WTF??

It's even funnier that Tim is first.

SpursFanFirst
05-05-2007, 12:30 PM
WTF??

That was my reaction too

jmard5
05-05-2007, 12:57 PM
That was my reaction too

:lol

cherylsteele
05-05-2007, 03:03 PM
Beno...you kidding right???:lol

Clutch20
05-05-2007, 03:05 PM
So id like an explanation on how dantonis teams have "choked" out of the playoffs... 2 WCFs is choking? one we ran into a BETTER more EXPIERENCED spurs team and the other we had raja, KT and amare out yet we still made it to the WCF.

as for nash taking the last shot over Rob, i can see where some people would take him, nash can actually create his own shot...mr. horry just stands there untill somehow everytime hes left open. i dont think you can blame a suns fan for rather taking a guy who actually plays minutes and shoots 50+% from the field and 47% from 3pt range....
Made it the the WCF twice, wow, what's that like?
Current game footage shows Horry dunking like it's 1999.
Current game footage also shows relatively healthy players on both teams.
Wonder if same could be said for Spurs/Suns fans? :lol

sunsbum
05-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Made it the the WCF twice, wow, what's that like?
Current game footage shows Horry dunking like it's 1999.

im just wondering how you consider it choking? care to explain or are you going to throw together 10 word incomplete sentences?

in 2005 we faced you guys who obviously had more experience and depth...we never were supposed to win that series and never were in control of it so again how did we choke? oh yea...thats after the year we won 29 games.

2006 we played the entire year w/o amare, last quarter of the season and the playoffs without our best interior defender in KT and raja bell, a guy who can stretch the defense and a 1st team all defensive player. so again, how did we choke when most people were saying the suns would be a 7th/8th seed at best after losing JJ/Q and having amare out the entire year.

Gaddabout
05-05-2007, 03:29 PM

To paraphrase Joe Paterno ...

Basketball is 10 players in desperate need of rest, and ~ 20,000 fans in desperate need of exercise.

Clutch20
05-05-2007, 05:25 PM
im just wondering how you consider it choking? care to explain or are you going to throw together 10 word incomplete sentences?

in 2005 we faced you guys who obviously had more experience and depth...we never were supposed to win that series and never were in control of it so again how did we choke? oh yea...thats after the year we won 29 games.

2006 we played the entire year w/o amare, last quarter of the season and the playoffs without our best interior defender in KT and raja bell, a guy who can stretch the defense and a 1st team all defensive player. so again, how did we choke when most people were saying the suns would be a 7th/8th seed at best after losing JJ/Q and having amare out the entire year.
The entire concept of "choking" is enough to drive any fan crazy, especially if you're the party being accused of it. I can understand your sensitivity towards the subject.
Choking takes on many forms. Team disunity contributes to it, a star player's tantrums can certainly distract, and that ever-present worry of injuries to key players can contribute to choking because it affects the game in progress. Choking is a team trait. When and if your star players are indecisive and/or ineffective due to whatever affects their playing ability, the rest of the team is supposed to pick up the slack, notch their game up, and pad their stats simply because they're needed more.

Choking is rare event for groups that play team ball. Witness the reputation around the league of those that do play fullcourt and do pay close attention to playing a balanced game. When those teams lose, they didn't choke, more often than not it was some aspect of the game that they got beaten on and they simply got outplayed, but they didn't have an inordinate amount of turnovers or a miserable fg percentage. The other team just happened to score more. There was no meltdown. Poor execution down the stretch translates to choking. Giving up easy, uncontested shots, etc, you've seen them before.

Oh, BTW, my post never mentioned choking.
I was informing you of how RHorry is currently playing.
And how we as fans of teams that are still advancing have a commonality.
And how I can string 5 or ten incomplete sentences in a row. :lol

Clutch20
05-05-2007, 05:30 PM
To paraphrase Joe Paterno ...

Basketball is 10 players in desperate need of rest, and ~ 20,000 fans in desperate need of exercise.
Ha!!!
Me included :p:

JMarkJohns
05-05-2007, 05:32 PM
I'll put it this way, if the Suns could trade their roster for the Spurs, I'd be all for it.

That being impossible, I'll go ahead and take my chances with this Suns team. They have a ton of talent, and just need the focus to and discipline ot contend with the Spurs. I think they have it, though I really haven't an idea who's coming out on top. I have hopes, but they aren't so great as for me to become illogical in my voting process.

Spurs are the better team, the Suns more talented. We'll see if the Suns can do just enough to overcome their lackings.

cherylsteele
05-05-2007, 05:34 PM

I would not really call it choking in the classic sense. When the game/series is on the line the Suns usually play well, or come up short, more like disappointing I guess. At least they usually make it competitive it seems.

The Mavs (especially Dirk) just never really showed up and they got drubbed by 26 in a game tht really mattered. That is a choke.

sunsbum
05-05-2007, 05:44 PM
I would not really call it choking in the classic sense. When the game/series is on the line the Suns usually play well, or come up short, more like disappointing I guess. At least they usually make it competitive it seems.

The Mavs (especially Dirk) just never really showed up and they got drubbed by 26 in a game tht really mattered. That is a choke.

ill take that answer. i just think "choke" is the wrong way to describe our last two years of p/o's.

im glad that both teams are healthy this time around cause its gunna be an awesome series.

UV Ray
05-05-2007, 09:29 PM
:lol Very true. To paraphrase the David Stern quote, ESPN's dream NBA finals is Suns vs. Suns.

Suns in 4.

jayfmyers
05-05-2007, 11:51 PM
Beno...you kidding right???:lol
Yes, of course. I guess the sarcasm doesn't come through without the smiley huh? :rolleyes

Obstructed_View
05-06-2007, 11:16 AM
Suns go home in 4.
Fixed

Suns
05-06-2007, 11:33 AM
Suns in 4.

Oh come on, even I know better to know that the Suns won't sweep the Spurs, both teams at too good for that to happen either way.

Catharsis
05-06-2007, 11:41 AM

Yeah, the Suns choked when they were without Joe Johnson for almost all of the 2005 playoffs and without Amare Stoudemire for all of 2006. What choke artists! The Spurs could have lost Manu and Timmy and still been okay.

DampierAmGod
05-06-2007, 12:16 PM

total homers on espn.com

Tim Duncan is a better player than Stoudemire but Amare is a perfect player for the Suns style, Tim is not. I would take Amare over Duncan if I were building the Suns. Any other team I would take Duncan.

"BIG SHOT ROB" has been on the decline for years, Nash hits big shots all the time. I would rather have Nash shooting.

Everything else I agree with you on. Anyone who picks Bell over Bowen or D'Antoni over Pop is a complete homer.

dknights411
05-06-2007, 12:19 PM

Uh, no.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2007, 12:25 PM
Uh, no.
I agree. Perhaps down the road, but not with a series starting in two hours.