PDA

View Full Version : Nowitzki for Garnett?

dallaskd
05-04-2007, 05:15 PM
I was just watching ESPNEWS and they said Dallas would have intrest if he became available and Cuban could pull the deal if the offer was right.

LEONARD
05-04-2007, 05:16 PM
Right, because KG has such a decorated playoff record...

confined
05-04-2007, 05:16 PM
i seriously think you switched your favorite team 3 times this week...

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-04-2007, 05:17 PM
Dirk+Terry for Garnett+Foye+exercise bike

mardigan
05-04-2007, 05:19 PM
Very key

confined
05-04-2007, 05:20 PM
where do we sign?

Burn531
05-04-2007, 05:21 PM

:lol

dallaskd
05-04-2007, 05:22 PM
you can email cuban. he hears the fans opinions. im going to trash his mail box.

JamStone
05-04-2007, 05:57 PM
KG hasn't had the talent Dirk has had, and even if his shot isn't falling, he can affect the game in many more ways as opposed to Dirk just withering and disappearing from the moment.

dallaskd
05-04-2007, 06:00 PM
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/45955/20070504/evans_garnett_wants_out_of_that_situation/

dallaskd
05-04-2007, 06:02 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/45953/20070504/cuban_doesnt_expect_major_changes/

BUMP
05-04-2007, 06:02 PM

just like Baron Davis before this year :rolleyes

dallaskd
05-04-2007, 06:03 PM
but if we could get garnett, someone for harris, damp, and buckner and a pick that would be even better.

dallaskd
05-04-2007, 06:03 PM

hes never been on a good team.

dallaskd
05-04-2007, 06:15 PM
where did POZ all those heat fans go?

2centsworth
05-04-2007, 06:17 PM
Wow, that's a trade I think will happen. Garnett for Dirk & Harris or Jet.

ponky
05-04-2007, 06:20 PM
hes never been on a good team.

yup, if you look at the games in which the wolves have lost, garnett has mostly still been a monster. as for dirk, i'd be very sad to see him go and i'd feel bad for him because he's always been a humble guy and doesn't deserve all the faggy bashing, save that for guys who ask for it like cuban and stack (even though i like stack, he can take it). anyway, kg's awesome, i'd get over the loss of dirk by next season as long as they don't touch my boy, JHO!!! :lol

baseline bum
05-04-2007, 06:26 PM
KG's a fraud. Kobe Bryant has a piece of shit team around him too, but he only missed the playoffs once. McGrady can carry a sack of shit team when he's healthy. Garnett can miss the playoffs three years in a row... some franchise player.

Obstructed_View
05-04-2007, 06:54 PM
Six of one, a half dozen of the other. At least Dirk has the courtesy not to pad his stats when he fails to help his team win.

dbreiden83080
05-04-2007, 07:21 PM
Nobody is taking Dirk off your hands and anyone who gets KG is giong to have give up a shitload to make that happen.

Obstructed_View
05-04-2007, 07:33 PM
Nobody is taking Dirk off your hands and anyone who gets KG is giong to have give up a shitload to make that happen.
Yep, lest anyone forget that, in order to get to KG, they have to deal with the best GM in sports. :lol

mavsfan1000
05-04-2007, 07:34 PM
This is a knee jerk reaction. I say keep Dirk. Yes he had a bad series but he has been playing year round and I think that caught up to him. An extra couple months off might make a world of difference.

ponky
05-04-2007, 07:58 PM
This is a knee jerk reaction. I say keep Dirk. Yes he had a bad series but he has been playing year round and I think that caught up to him. An extra couple months off might make a world of difference.

Ok, now I'll eat a little crow because of my sometimes Bill Simmons smack but that's cool, I can take it...after reading his page2 about Dirk's future, I tend to agree, it IS a knee jerk reaction and deep down, I'm fine with keeping him. Simmons is right, hopefully all this shit will toughen him up a bit and maybe the f.o. will realize their own mistakes and do something about it.

baseline bum
05-04-2007, 08:02 PM
just like Baron Davis before this year :rolleyes

WTF?

Hornets - Magic 2002
Game 1 - 28 pts, 7 ast, 7 reb
Game 2 - 11 pts, 10 ast, 4 reb
Game 3 - 33 pts, 10 ast, 14 reb, and an impossible shot to send it to OT
Game 4 - 28 pts, 10 ast, 11 reb

Baron ain't new to this.

Findog
05-04-2007, 08:32 PM
Not going to happen. Sure, Dirk is a couple years younger than Garnett, but assuming a straight-up swap or Dirk + spare parts for KG + spare parts works under the cap, why does Minnesota make this deal? You swap out Dirk for KG and they are still the 10th best team in the West. Not bad enough to be in the running for one of the top picks, and not good enough to make the playoffs.

McHale is an idiot, but I'm sure even he is aware that if you deal Garnett under the current circumstances, it's for a combination of young prospects, draft picks and cap relief.

Findog
05-04-2007, 08:38 PM
Ok, now I'll eat a little crow because of my sometimes Bill Simmons smack but that's cool, I can take it...after reading his page2 about Dirk's future, I tend to agree, it IS a knee jerk reaction and deep down, I'm fine with keeping him. Simmons is right, hopefully all this shit will toughen him up a bit and maybe the f.o. will realize their own mistakes and do something about it.

I think the best we can hope for going forward with Dirk is realizing that he is an awesome talent, but he is never going to be an 'alpha dog' like Wade, Kobe, or in their day, Bird, Magic, Jordan, etc. When it comes to leadership and leading by example, the only thing positive about Dirk is that he's a gym rat and he constantly works on his game. But getting in a guy's face, demanding the ball, when the chips are down and saying "Fuck it! We're not going to lose!" he's demonstrated that he's not that type of player. Stackhouse is that kind of guy with that sort of temperament, but he's not a franchise guy, never was.

I think the best we can do is trying to put together a "team" like the 2004 Pistons, not one superstar but several very good players coming together in a cohesive fashion. Cap-wise, the only thing we can do this summer is use the MLE or trade from the core. As much as I love Stack, and the mental toughness he brought to this team, which didn't rub off, I'd use his salary slot to get a low-post scorer. Hell, Juwan 'Freakin Howard would've made a difference in this series, just a simple back to the basket post player to punish a team for playing smallball. And I would take a good, long look at what this team needs and be patient if they decide ultimately to move Dirk. Burning up the phone lines as soon as the player movement period begins just means it will be a buyer's market.

ducks
05-04-2007, 08:45 PM
whAT front office mistakes did they make?
they have a deep bench
having no vocal leader on their team?

Suns>Spurs
05-04-2007, 08:45 PM
KG's a fraud. Kobe Bryant has a piece of shit team around him too, but he only missed the playoffs once. McGrady can carry a sack of shit team when he's healthy. Garnett can miss the playoffs three years in a row... some franchise player.

agreed the Rockets without Yao are way worse than the Wolves and Mcgrady still had them in the playoffs.

himat
05-04-2007, 08:47 PM

Foye is the only upside the Wolves have. That deal might work if you trade Harris instead of Terry though.

mavsfan1000
05-04-2007, 11:30 PM
Well I don't know if Garnett is the answer for the Warriors and Suns small ball either. Nowitzki is a horrible matchup for the spurs but the Warriors and the Suns are the young teams that will be around for awhile. Whatever it takes to take down small ball Dallas should go after. Elton Brand is another player but he is past his prime.

SpursDynasty
05-04-2007, 11:48 PM
I would say KG would only be given up for more than just Dirk. Dirk by himself isn't good enough to get KG. You would have to include Howard and Terry. Dirk, Howard, and Terry for KG. KG, Stackhouse, and Harris would be the new Big Three for Dallas.

Amarelooms
05-05-2007, 12:41 AM
I would say KG would only be given up for more than just Dirk. Dirk by himself isn't good enough to get KG. You would have to include Howard and Terry. Dirk, Howard, and Terry for KG. KG, Stackhouse, and Harris would be the new Big Three for Dallas.

You are such a retard...how old are you? Dirk AND Terry AND Howard for KG. WE know who rode the short bus to school :elephant

2centsworth
05-05-2007, 12:43 AM
Warriors and the Suns are the young teams that will be around for awhile

for the past 30 years in the NBA the Spurs are the second winningest organization in the league. I would reckon the Spurs will be around for awhile and probably longer than the warriors and Suns, but especially longer than 1 year wonder Dallas.

Amarelooms
05-05-2007, 12:46 AM
for the past 30 years in the NBA the Spurs are the second winningest organization in the league. I would reckon the Spurs will be around for awhile and probably longer than the warriors and Suns, but especially longer than 1 year wonder Dallas.

Mavs are not 1 year wonders genius....they have been a great team for the last 5 years. Also, not much diff between losing in the 1st round or the second so becareful there...you gotta play the SUNS and AMARE LOOMS :elephant

mavsfan1000
05-05-2007, 12:53 AM
Go suns. That's right Amare will loom all over the spurs. Barbosa is a blur as well. :D

Dirk41MVP
05-05-2007, 04:37 PM
Rumor has it that Jet, Dampier, and 2 2nd rounders are going to indiana for Jermaine O'neal... well at least my rumors do...

dallaskd
05-07-2007, 09:58 PM
Rumor has it that Jet, Dampier, and 2 2nd rounders are going to indiana for Jermaine O'neal... well at least my rumors do...

got a link? i would pull it.

Marklar MM
05-07-2007, 10:01 PM
Who is Garnett's center nowadays...Mark Madsen? Irving Johnson? The Candyman?

dallaskd
05-07-2007, 10:01 PM
Who is Garnett's center nowadays...Mark Madsen? Irving Johnson? The Candyman?

Mark Blount, hes actually decent.

dallaskd
05-07-2007, 10:02 PM
Gasol voices his opinion, wants out...

Marklar MM
05-07-2007, 10:04 PM
Mark Blount, hes actually decent.

Oh...the dude that always looks like he just smoked a pound of weed. Fitting as his name is pronounced Blunt.

resistanze
05-07-2007, 11:27 PM
Oh...the dude that always looks like he just smoked a pound of weed. Fitting as his name is pronounced Blunt.
:lol :lol