PDA

View Full Version : Mavfan: Which one was worse?

J.T.
05-04-2007, 07:37 PM
We already know what Cuban thinks. But what does Mavfan think? Which choke is harder to swallow?

J.T.
05-04-2007, 07:41 PM
Or Romo dropping the snap?

BUMP
05-04-2007, 07:42 PM
choking in the Finals. we had it won

everyone on here knew we would have trouble with GS. and we only choked one game (game 4) and then GS choked away game 5, so the "choking" evened out.

i dont think this was a choke. it was just unfortunate that we had to play the only NBA team that gave us major trouble all season in the 1st round. we went 0-3 against them in the reg. season, thats why i dont think the series was a choke

Findog
05-04-2007, 07:45 PM
This is worse, by far.

SpursWoman
05-04-2007, 07:48 PM
Or Romo dropping the snap?

:flipoff

ball_gyrl
05-04-2007, 07:53 PM
definitely Romo.

ponky
05-04-2007, 07:55 PM
lol, romo...nah

choking in the finals after all the emotional rollercoaster investment from the previous tough series was painful...in this year's playoff, i barely had time to drink and six pack and enjoy the fifth game before it was all over.

IceColdBrewski
05-04-2007, 08:02 PM
Too funny. I was actually thinking about Dallas fans' misery over the last year, and it's not a pretty picture.

First was choking in the Finals.

Then Romo botching the snap and coming excruciatingly close to the endzone. You could feel the air leave Dallas that night.

Now Dallas are owners of the biggest flameout in NBA history.

Wonder how much the suicide has gone up in Dallas over the last year?

92 Oilers head coach
05-04-2007, 08:05 PM

they remind me of the Eagles

the Mavericks and Eagles are becoming my two favorite teams of their respective sports

ShoogarBear
05-04-2007, 08:07 PM
Too funny. I was actually thinking about Dallas fans' misery over the last year, and it's not a pretty picture.

Then Romo botching the snap and coming excruciatingly close to the endzone. You could feel the air leave Dallas that night.

Wonder how much the suicide has gone up in Dallas over the last year?Well, at least they always have the Rangers.

ball_gyrl
05-04-2007, 08:12 PM
lol, romo...nah

choking in the finals after all the emotional rollercoaster investment from the previous tough series was painful...in this year's playoff, i barely had time to drink and six pack and enjoy the fifth game before it was all over.

yeah that's the sad thing..I was already jacked up over that, right when I get passed it...we get this shit.

ponky
05-04-2007, 08:12 PM

bitch please, Viva Pinata has helped me to forget about last night, i have been playing xbl practically nonstop since last night

http://www.joystiq.com/media/2006/03/Viva_Pinata_pic.JPG

ball_gyrl
05-04-2007, 08:13 PM
bitch please, Viva Pinata has helped me to forget about last night, i have been playing xbl practically nonstop since last night

viva pinata? oh my. :smokin

ponky
05-04-2007, 08:14 PM
yeah that's the sad thing..I was already jacked up over that, right when I get passed it...we get this shit.

i know, it will be alright though, read bill simmons' article, it's kind of encouraging and hopefully the right changes will be made to ensure that we're better prepared next season

ponky
05-04-2007, 08:16 PM
viva pinata? oh my. :smokin

it's so cool...errr, i also play gears of war and halo 2 to balance out my obsession with these :lol

http://gamescreenie.com/images/xbox360/viva_pinata/06-08-02.jpg

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-04-2007, 08:30 PM
If I were a dallas fan, I would be more upset at losing in the 1st round. The cowboys are my favy NFL team too, but I knew that they weren't winning the superbowl so I didn't expect them to go far, although I was pissed that Romo fucked it up.

Fillmoe
05-04-2007, 08:32 PM
dallas is a sports laughingstock...... first they choke away a 2-0 lead to miami....... then tony homo catches a case of the butterfingers..... and now with 67 wins in the regular season they cant even get past the 1st round.....

BillsCarnage
05-04-2007, 10:58 PM
dallas is a sports laughingstock...... first they choke away a 2-0 lead to miami....... then tony homo catches a case of the butterfingers..... and now with 67 wins in the regular season they cant even get past the 1st round.....

Honestly, does it get any better?

resistanze
05-04-2007, 11:30 PM
5 years from now if the Mavs still don't got a ring, I guarantee you the 2-0 Finals choke will feel worse.

dknights411
05-05-2007, 01:25 AM
First the Cowboys blow it, then the Stars get bounced, and now the Mavs choke.

this has been a hell of a year for the metroplex.

mavsfan1000
05-05-2007, 01:33 AM
Easily the finals because Stern took that one away from us. We earned our losses against the Warriors.

DDS4
05-05-2007, 01:40 AM
Worst choke for me.....

The SF Giants were 7 outs away from winning the World Series.

Then Dusty Baker had the brilliant idea of giving Russ Ortiz the game ball thinking the game was over.

One Monkey rally later, Giants choke away game 6 and eventually game 7.

SpursDynasty
05-05-2007, 02:07 AM
They were overhyped both years just for beating SA. It's no shock to me that they lost the Finals 2006 or the first round this year. The better team won in both instances. Overhype leads to unrealistic expectations leads to big disappointment. Thank the NBA media for that.

mabber
05-05-2007, 02:56 AM
The finals last year was difficult to get over. I'm already over this year's loss to the Warriors. The Mavs got their asses beat this year (regardless of the seedings), they just choked in the finals.

midgetonadonkey
05-05-2007, 11:25 AM
Easily the finals because Stern took that one away from us. We earned our losses against the Warriors.

If it wasn't for Stern the Mavs wouldn't even have made the finals. The Spurs would've been there instead.

exstatic
05-05-2007, 11:51 AM
If it wasn't for Stern the Mavs wouldn't even have made the finals. The Spurs would've been there instead.
Yeah, that's what I don't get. If Stern is such a puppetmaster, then he PUT your asses in the Finals, too.

mabber
05-05-2007, 11:53 AM
First the Cowboys blow it, then the Stars get bounced, and now the Mavs choke.

this has been a hell of a year for the metroplex.

And the Rangers suck :depressed

baseline bum
05-05-2007, 12:01 PM
They were overhyped both years just for beating SA. It's no shock to me that they lost the Finals 2006 or the first round this year. The better team won in both instances. Overhype leads to unrealistic expectations leads to big disappointment. Thank the NBA media for that.

There is no way in hell the 2006 Heat were better than the 2006 Mavericks. Dallas just blew it against a team they were far superior to, just like this time around.

LEONARD
05-05-2007, 12:03 PM
Finals, without question...I just laughed about this one...

dallasmavsnfuego214
05-05-2007, 12:06 PM
Cowboys loss stuck with me for about an hour for two reasons:

1 didnt expect them to go far
2 ive already seen them win 3 rings

Finals loss is worse cause you dont know how many times you'll have an opportunity like that to win so im still not over that.

im already over the 1st round loss this year, cause i know we'll get back to the 1st round :drunk

td4mvp3
05-05-2007, 12:29 PM
the 1st round loss. i think surely there have been other teams go up 2-0 in the finals and then lose. right? but everyone winning 67 or more games wins it all (i think, that stat seems to change).

mavs>spurs2
05-05-2007, 01:03 PM
The finals loss was way worse. It's not even close. When you're that close to winning it all, then it gets ripped right out from under you, it sucks. After the loss to Golden State I just laughed.

schadenfreude52
05-05-2007, 01:52 PM
The Finals loss was by far worse. There simply is no comparison. We were so close to hoisting the trophy, and yet our inability to close out game three and keep our head above water prevented us from doing so.

What really pisses me off about this upset is the fact that there aren't many basketball games that I can cheer enthusiastically about. Sure, I can root for the Bulls and the Spurs, but I won't be as involved.

J.T.
05-05-2007, 05:32 PM
Well, after reading most of the comments here, I am going to side with this years loss being worse. True, last year might have been Dallas' best shot at winning it all, but there is no doubt in my mind that they'll be back. They need a big time clutch performer next to Dirk to offset his lack of confidence.

And, think of how different things would be if they played the Clips instead of the Warriors? Mavs would've won that easy and would still be heavy faves to win the trophy. No doubt that the Mavs will be in the Finals again in the future.

DubMcDub
05-05-2007, 08:14 PM
There is no way in hell the 2006 Heat were better than the 2006 Mavericks. Dallas just blew it against a team they were far superior to, just like this time around.

There's no point in trying to tell him stuff like this. He's the king of prognasticating sports by combining hindsight with "I told you so" statements.

schadenfreude52
05-05-2007, 08:16 PM
Well, after reading most of the comments here, I am going to side with this years loss being worse. True, last year might have been Dallas' best shot at winning it all, but there is no doubt in my mind that they'll be back. They need a big time clutch performer next to Dirk to offset his lack of confidence.

And, think of how different things would be if they played the Clips instead of the Warriors? Mavs would've won that easy and would still be heavy faves to win the trophy. No doubt that the Mavs will be in the Finals again in the future.

:tu

Islymore
05-06-2007, 02:08 PM
Finals, without question...I just laughed about this one...

sums it up for me. i cant understand why soo many ppl are sayin this is the worse loss of the two... no way. the finals was ours to lose and they choked it away... it was right there... in front of Dallas' face and the Mavs simply choked.

GS just beat our asses.... for 5 outta 6 games... period.

td4mvp21
05-06-2007, 02:10 PM
It's bad because it's the biggest upset in NBA history. Of course Mavs fans will say the Finals, they aren't going to say this choke job because it just happened.

schadenfreude52
05-06-2007, 03:04 PM
It's bad because it's the biggest upset in NBA history. Of course Mavs fans will say the Finals, they aren't going to say this choke job because it just happened.

Or could it be that we were so close to a championship and failed?

dirk4mvp
05-06-2007, 04:27 PM
Choking in the Finals.

dirk4mvp
05-06-2007, 04:33 PM

I hate Viva Pinta. I love Gears though.

TheSanityAnnex
05-06-2007, 04:53 PM
The Finals choke was probably worse for the Mavs fans..................but this first round choke is even funnier for the rest of us.:lmao