PDA

View Full Version : Eye drops

RashoFan
05-04-2007, 11:28 PM
I was coming back from lunch today and I had a contact lens giving me problems. I parked in our employee parking and got some drops out of my purse and fixed the contact problem. I walk into work and start to read over protocols for about 50 mins. I am getting tired of reading(doing it all week), I take a break and I go into the bathroom. I was washing my hands and when I looked in the mirror I noticed that the eye that had the contact problem is FULLY DIALATED( just like what you look like after the eye doctor does).

So at this point I try not to freak out and remove the contact lense and closed my eye and went to my locker and put my glasses on. My asst Manager walks by and I asked him to get one of the other Paramedics for me. He inquires as to why and I show him...He is surprised at how dialated my pupil is.... I get one of the guys to check a few things and a co worker makes an appointment for me to been immediately by an eye doctor.

I go and my vision checks out okayand after we discussed what had caused my pupil to dilate, I get the funny looking sun glasses and go home(early!)

The culprit...allergy eye drops that contain Naphazoline .03% (and Pheniramine maleate .32%). A side effect of Naphazoline is dilated pupils.
I had accidently used the eyedrops instead of saline solution to reinsert my contact lense and it seems that people with light colour eyes( I have blue eyes) are more sensitive to this ingredient. The doctor says he has seen a few people for this before...good to know that I am not the only idiot to make this mistake.

:nerd

NorCal510
05-05-2007, 12:32 AM
too much to read

Trainwreck2100
05-05-2007, 11:59 AM
Potheads in high school love rohto V

midgetonadonkey
05-05-2007, 12:10 PM
My brother in law used to fill a visine bottle full of rubbing alcohol for his VCR head cleaning tape and one time I accidently dropped that in my eye instead of the visine. It hurt. Shortly there after he started labeling the alcohol filled bottle of visine.

Phil Hellmuth
05-05-2007, 12:17 PM
My brother in law used to fill a visine bottle full of rubbing alcohol for his VCR head cleaning tape and one time I accidently dropped that in my eye instead of the visine. It hurt. Shortly there after he started labeling the alcohol filled bottle of visine.

negligence in its casual form!

alamo50
05-05-2007, 08:36 PM
too much to read

Too much of a jackass reply.

RashoFan
05-06-2007, 10:53 PM
too much for my friend to read to me cause I am illiterate... :depressed

angel_luv
05-06-2007, 10:53 PM
So many words and not nearly enough pictures. :lol

LuvBones
05-06-2007, 11:02 PM
One time I fell asleep at a friends house and when I woke up my contacts were so dry and I couldn't see so I grabbed the closest little bottle of what I thought were eye drops.. well it turned out to be the stuff you put your contacts in overnight that IS NOT supposed to ever go in your eyes. :lol Man that stuff stings like hell for about oh a whole day. Now I look before I put things in my eye...

PM5K
05-06-2007, 11:27 PM
Now I look before I put things in my eye...

:spin

Purple & Gold
05-06-2007, 11:53 PM
Now I look before I put things in my eye...
:lol That is funny.

PM5K
05-06-2007, 11:54 PM
:lol That is funny.

Too bad it's not true...

:spin