PDA

View Full Version : Hey, he doesn't sell Cats...

Marcus Bryant
05-05-2007, 01:13 AM
...and unlike Holt, his vice is not drink but rather being an asshole.

http://www.azcentral.com/specials/special42/articles/0422sarver22.html

mabber
05-05-2007, 03:37 AM
...and unlike Holt, his vice is not drink but rather being an asshole.

http://www.azcentral.com/specials/special42/articles/0422sarver22.html

That article is 2 years old.

Xylus
05-05-2007, 03:39 AM
Sarver was in the spotlight a lot back in '05, but we don't see much of him in public anymore. He's been in the background all year.

Marcus Bryant
05-05-2007, 09:17 AM
That article is 2 years old.

and?

Suns>Spurs
05-05-2007, 03:09 PM
and?

don't live in the past

Trainwreck2100
05-05-2007, 03:12 PM
don't live in the past

Nice use of the Mav fan anthem, see what it got them?

Gaddabout
05-05-2007, 03:22 PM
Sarver has learned a lot since his first year. Suns fans were absolutely embarrassed by his behavior doing the chicken dance when the Spurs decided not to play Tim Duncan in the last game against the Suns in the regular season in 2005. He has become much more of the quiet owner.

He maintains friendships with Steve Kerr (who I think will eventually take over as Suns GM) and Sean Elliot because of his UA ties.

sunsbum
05-05-2007, 03:23 PM
hey rember when david robinson was too soft to win a championship by himself so the spurs decided to tank an entire season to get duncan... if only every team had the great integrity the spurs do.

Trainwreck2100
05-05-2007, 03:25 PM
hey rember when david robinson was too soft to win a championship by himself so the spurs decided to tank an entire season to get duncan... if only every team had the great integrity the spurs do.

i remember that David Robinson was injured that year, and that two teams had a better shot of getting Tim

ChumpDumper
05-05-2007, 03:29 PM
Yeah, we tanked a season to get less than half the chance Boston had to get Duncan.

mikekim
05-05-2007, 03:35 PM
Whew...I didn't know it was from 2 years back. It makes me relieved and happy and infinitely less annoyed that this man has turned away from the Cuban path...

seems like it was a close call.

sunsbum
05-05-2007, 03:41 PM
Yeah, we tanked a season to get less than half the chance Boston had to get Duncan.

i guess your managment finally figured it was better than constantly getting ousted in the second round of the playoffs....

THE SIXTH MAN
05-05-2007, 03:49 PM
i guess your managment finally figured it was better than constantly getting ousted in the second round of the playoffs....
:lmao Fucking draft smack, now that's really weak.

sunsbum
05-05-2007, 03:54 PM
:lmao Fucking draft smack, now that's really weak.

well i figured since we wanted to bring up stuff from 2 years ago we could go back a little further.....why not right?

Bruno
05-05-2007, 03:58 PM
Sarver has traded a late first round pick for $3M and this late first round pick has turned into a good prospect (Sergio Rodriguez).
For MB's sake, I'm happy that Sarver isn't Spurs owner.

mikekim
05-05-2007, 04:00 PM
well i figured since we wanted to bring up stuff from 2 years ago we could go back a little further.....why not right?

This is dumb...c'mon the draft?! Our whole roster was injured, Dominque Wilkins came back from europe to start for us... that season had nothing to do with lack of integrity on the spurs part...or the spurs...or anyone. It was fate intervening on our behalf...that season was horrible for me as a spurs fan though.

I can't even get slightly angry with this "smack." I just sigh, shake my head, try to explain, then, if that doesn't work, I'm done.

THE SIXTH MAN
05-05-2007, 04:03 PM
:lol By talking shit about draft picks?

mikekim
05-05-2007, 04:04 PM
with that said, Sarver doesn't seem like much of an "ass"...he was merely headed down that path, and turned away

sunsbum
05-05-2007, 04:07 PM
Sarver has traded a late first round pick for $3M and this late first round pick has turned into a good prospect (Sergio Rodriguez).

yea thanks for barbosa...

sunsbum
05-05-2007, 04:08 PM
with that said, Sarver doesn't seem like much of an "ass"...he was merely headed down that path, and turned away

oh he def reached that point, and if you look close enough you can still see him waive that stupid foam finger around and try to get the worst crowd in the nba to get excited.. i hate our lower bowl fans. anyways....sarver is still a d bag, but i think he got things figured out.

he wants to win like cuban, but he got a clue UNLIKE cuban.

Bruno
05-05-2007, 04:16 PM
yea thanks for barbosa...

And all bulls fans want to thank you for Luol Deng.

sunsbum
05-05-2007, 04:20 PM
And all bulls fans want to thank you for Luol Deng.

ok ill be sure and relay the message to shawn marion.

Bruno
05-05-2007, 04:35 PM
ok ill be sure and relay the message to shawn marion.

You sohuld realy it to your starting SF : James Jones.

sunsbum
05-05-2007, 04:36 PM
You sohuld realy it to your starting SF : James Jones.

oh thats right, becuase we had james jones back then, not Q rich and joe johnson....yea.

mikekim
05-05-2007, 04:42 PM
alright let's quit this crap about draft picks... it's not even funny anymore...the fact that we're talking smack about draft picks...

perhaps that's a reflection on how bitter our rivalry is compared w/ dallas?? haha

we'll find something more worthwhile to bicker about

Bruno
05-05-2007, 04:44 PM
oh thats right, becuase we had james jones back then, not Q rich and joe johnson....yea.

You can too relay it to Q who was your starting SF in Deng rookie year if you want. :rolleyes

sunsbum
05-05-2007, 04:56 PM
You can too relay it to Q who was your starting SF in Deng rookie year if you want. :rolleyes

not that deng has anything to do with the suns/spurs like barbosa does though, so youre pretty much reaching in the first place.

Bruno
05-05-2007, 05:08 PM
not that deng has anything to do with the suns/spurs like barbosa does though, so youre pretty much reaching in the first place.

Get a fucking clue.

First, my first post was adressed to the thread starter, MB. It was to tease him and not to tease Suns fans/trolls. You have no clue about who MB is and about arguments I have had with him about Spurs FO.

Second, Barbosa has nothing to do with Spurs. Suns have told Spurs to draft Barbosa. If Spurs had kept the pick, they maybe would have drafted someone else. The "Barbosa" trade was a late first round pick for a future late first round pick, a fair trade.

sunsbum
05-05-2007, 05:17 PM
Get a fucking clue.

Second, Barbosa has nothing to do with Spurs. Suns have told Spurs to draft Barbosa. If Spurs had kept the pick, they maybe would have drafted someone else. The "Barbosa" trade was a late first round pick for a future late first round pick, a fair trade.

and the suns traded away the deng pick because they thought the player they were targeting (iggy) would be off the board. regardless, barbosa came from your pick, THANKS!

Marcus Bryant
05-05-2007, 06:50 PM

So they're both cheap. At least Holt isn't an ass.

Marcus Bryant
05-05-2007, 06:55 PM

Right. That pick was sent to NY in the Mohammed deal. So I guess we should thank the Suns for helping the Spurs win title #3?

FWIW, if the Spurs had kept that pick they would've taken Josh Howard.