PDA

View Full Version : mavs choking isnt anything new-remember when they blew a 27 pt lead against LA???

4-2GSWINS
05-05-2007, 05:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chD1n_nEXUY

LOOK AT THE 1:54MARK

YOU CAN SEE A FAMILIAR LOOK ON CUBANS FACE AS HE REALIZES HE IS THE OWNER OF A TEAM FULL OF DICKLESS BOYS

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-05-2007, 05:29 AM
The embarrassing moment, negates itself for me since I hated those Lakers (save Horry) :lol

Shank
05-05-2007, 10:06 AM
Nice of 4-2GSWINS to show up AFTER the series.

Talk about dickless.

leemajors
05-05-2007, 10:08 AM
eunuchs?

NBA Junkie
05-05-2007, 10:25 AM
Still got this game on tape.

I remember watching the first 3 quarters the next morning and turning off the VCR thinking it was over. Imagine my surprise tuning into Sportscenter to see the Lakers had came back and won.

I remember the Lakers a few months later were down by 20 to the Spurs in game 5 of the Western Semi's with ten minutes left and nearly pulled it out, but Robert Horry missed a three that went in and out as time expired. I think that may have been the only clutch shot attempt he's ever missed in the postseason.

MadDog73
05-05-2007, 10:33 AM
I call this weak. Some questionable calls there (jump ball or foul?), and this was the Championship Lakers vs an unproven Mavs team... nothing like Golden State vs the current Mavs. (who at least made it to the Finals last year, more than the old Mavs ever did).

I mean, this is much more a slam against Nash and Finley than the current Mavs.

All this reminds me of is how much I hated the Lakers... they could not lose until the Spurs finally did them in. (and as mentioned above, a lot had to do with a "lucky" miss from Horry - I remember Jackson slamming his fist in the wall after that game, even though we won, it was not a confidence earner. Of course, that made Game 6's win even sweeter for the Spurs!)

If any Spurs fan on this board says they were rooting against the Mavs at the time... they are probably lying!

NBA Junkie
05-05-2007, 10:36 AM
(and if any Spurs fan on this board says they were rooting against the Mavs at the time... they are probably lying)

I'm not. I hated them then just as much as I hate them now.

MadDog73
05-05-2007, 10:38 AM
I'm not. I hated them then just as much as I hate them now.

You hated the Mavs more than the Lakers?!?

I find that hard to believe...

At that time, why would you hate the Mavs?

NBA Junkie
05-05-2007, 10:43 AM
You hated the Mavs more than the Lakers?!?

I find that hard to believe...

At that time, why would you hate the Mavs?

Cuban, of course. Never cared much for the pretty boy duo of Nash and Dirk.

That far outweighed any hatred I had for the Lakers, though I've always liked Shaq and Phil Jackson even if they were a thorn in the Spurs side.

Holmes_Fans
05-05-2007, 11:01 AM
Didn't dallas give LA their biggest home loss in team history?

Doug Collins
05-05-2007, 11:53 AM
Nice of 4-2GSWINS to show up AFTER the series.

Talk about dickless.

I guess he needed that extra time to come up with the screen name.