PDA

View Full Version : Wanna good laugh...?

Spursfan101
05-05-2007, 02:41 PM
look what this guy had to say about Manu Ginobili and I quote...

He is my favorite player but its obvious he is not comfortable. With finely starting it has made Manu uneasy and scared to be himself when he goes in there. Plus, Popovich has squashed Manu throughout his carreer by taking him out not starting him every 6 minutes. In the olden days like last year or the year before he was talented enough that either way he was was going to do well. Now with Manu losing his Jumping ability a little and speed leaving him he physically can't deal with POP anymore.

Trade Manu it would be better for him to go somewhere where he is allowed to be himself.

- I have watched him from the start through the Euro leagues and in the NBA this is the worst I have ever seen him play.

He just might not have it anymore. A ton of stupid shots. He was playing like he did not care. For some reason it was not like him its almost like he is fustrated with so he is purposly playing bad. He used to have smarter shot selection even when he would play bad.

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=nba&id=sas&tid=805287&lid=9

What is this guy smoking??

This guy deserves a :ihit

mookie2001
05-05-2007, 02:48 PM
I agree I would trade him if we didnt win the title this year

bdictjames
05-05-2007, 02:49 PM
I agree I would trade him if we didnt win the title this year
Hell no I would but not until Timmy retires.

ducks
05-05-2007, 02:50 PM
Ginobili played well in the Spurs' first three victories, but struggled throughout the series with his perimeter shot, missing 17 of 23 3-point attempts. When he did penetrate, the Nuggets did their best to force him right and usually had Nenê or Marcus Camby waiting for him.

saporvida
05-05-2007, 02:51 PM
that eddie winslow pic is awesome.. i remember that episode. hahaha. wish that ep was about weed and that quote was what he said... hahaha

bdictjames
05-05-2007, 02:51 PM
I remember Manu saved about 2 games for us, but dissappeared in the other 3.

Let's hope he'll be in fighting shape against the Suns, because I dont know how long Finley and Horry can shoot like that.

cherylsteele
05-05-2007, 02:57 PM
He is my favorite player but its obvious he is not comfortable. With finely starting it has made Manu uneasy and scared to be himself when he goes in there.
First if all....who is finely? I guess he means Finley...:D I know you didn't write the article/post.

Second of all it did not make Manu uneasy....in fact from what I read he was actually expecting to be a sixth man because Pop always goes that way first.

I have watched him from the start through the Euro leagues and in the NBA this is the worst I have ever seen him play.
Isn't this Manu's best statistical season in the NBA?

Davidicus
05-05-2007, 03:07 PM
Im always surprised at how we just want to dump ginobili and discount his value to this team. Im thinkin its cause hes getting old. But anyway, what about all those times towards the end of this season where he just went off and ripped every team a new one? And all the times hes taken the whole team on his back and won the game all by himself? Gino has saved our asses plenty in the playoffs--we owe it to him to let him choose his own future.

bdictjames
05-05-2007, 03:08 PM
Isn't this Manu's best statistical season in the NBA?
In the regular season, yes. But I think the guy was talking about the playoffs.

Kori Ellis
05-05-2007, 03:09 PM
People writing off Manu just because of the Nuggets series is funny. He had a very nice regular season. His shooting sucked against Denver, but a lot of players' percentages drop when they are being keyed on plus the opponent has shot blockers.

I think he'll have a monster series against Phoenix.

E20
05-05-2007, 03:10 PM
Manu should have a good series against the Suns. If the Spurs have to play small and play the run'n'gun style then Manu should play well, he thrives in those positions and loves that style.

bdictjames
05-05-2007, 03:11 PM
The Nuggets had good defenders that could block Manu. Manu had trouble getting across Camby at times.

Amare's no Camby, and Marion's no Nene.

Spursfan101
05-05-2007, 03:19 PM
what about all those times towards the end of this season where he just went off and ripped every team a new one? And all the times hes taken the whole team on his back and won the game all by himself?

that's exactly what i'm saying :tu

saporvida
05-05-2007, 03:48 PM
People writing off Manu

every yr people write manu off... i think it's the thing to do because it's the thing to do. i don't get it. people forget his heroics only when he's had a few subpar games and it gets real old real quick, but then again these are the same people who probably don't watch the spurs during the season and barely through the post-season. MANU FOREVER!

mookie2001
05-05-2007, 04:34 PM
i dont get how manus inconsistancy makes him such a great player, all those times where he gets red hot and carries the team only makes him look weaker when he has a horrendous series like he did vs denver

Man of Steel
05-05-2007, 07:31 PM
Ginobili played well in the Spurs' first three victories, but struggled throughout the series with his perimeter shot, missing 17 of 23 3-point attempts. When he did penetrate, the Nuggets did their best to force him right and usually had Nenê or Marcus Camby waiting for him.

Plagiarism