PDA

View Full Version : just a simple question...

saporvida
05-05-2007, 02:46 PM
i know kori created and maintains this site but i just gotta ask...

why feel obligated to include subforums for other teams? i don't get it... is this not "spurs"talk? this confuses me.

i get the fact that you can't object to people signing up on spurstalk who are fans of the other 31 nba teams but what's with giving them their own forum to chat in on here. is there really no forum out there for these fans to talk smack on other then spurstalk?

it's just a question and by no means am i trying to question your authority or how you run this site... i just wanted to know why on a spurs site would there be anything other then SPURS?

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-05-2007, 02:54 PM
Only my thoughts, but having well-informed fans of other teams makes the site better, plus, I like to know about other teams and think it's great that there are the sub-forums.

Plus, IIRC, Kori said she has the other forums because those teams don't have good message boards of their own.

Having them makes the site better, because as much of a fan as I am of the Spurs, I'm also a b-ball fan.

ducks
05-05-2007, 02:57 PM
I think you are a dr. pepper fan also

angel_luv
05-05-2007, 02:58 PM
i get the fact that you can't object to people signing up on spurstalk who are fans of the other 31 nba teams but what's with giving them their own forum to chat in on here. is there really no forum out there for these fans to talk smack on other then spurstalk?

There really isn't- least from what I've seen.

bdictjames
05-05-2007, 03:00 PM
Because then it would all be boring.

Kidding aside, I think its better than some other teams get to enjoy talking with Spurs fans. To keep the board from going one-dimensional I guess

angel_luv
05-05-2007, 03:03 PM
As long as they are like the Pistons and Raptors fans we have on here... I say keep them coming. :)

ChumpDumper
05-05-2007, 03:03 PM
This board is awesome. Fans of other teams simply can't stay away. If there are enough of them and they are reasonably polite and have good takes and discussions amongst themselves about their team, they might end up with a subforum if Kori and LJ decide so.

Unless they are mavfans.

Kori Ellis
05-05-2007, 03:05 PM

why feel obligated to include subforums for other teams? i don't get it... is this not "spurs"talk? this confuses me.

it's just a question and by no means am i trying to question your authority or how you run this site... i just wanted to know why on a spurs site would there be anything other then SPURS?

First of all, I don't feel "obligated".

There's forums here for baseball, football, other sports, general chit-chat, trolling and everything else. It's not just one forum all about the Spurs. It's a collection of forums under the name SpursTalk. To explain the other teams' forums ... Fans of Detroit hung out on our board after the 2005 series and there were enough of them that I gave them a place to talk about their own team. Fans of the Kings were run off some of their home boards by intolerant moderators, so I gave them a place to talk about their own team. If their subforums grow big enough, I'll move them off onto their own domain. The NBA forum exists for fans (Spurs fans and others) to talk about teams other than the Spurs.

If you have a problem with any of it, just stay in the Spurs forum. It shouldn't bother you.

And FYI, there's only 30 NBA teams not 32.

TDMVPDPOY
05-05-2007, 03:05 PM
a serious thread, needs a serious answer

ducks
05-05-2007, 03:06 PM
mav fans have a subforum
it is called troll forum

saporvida
05-05-2007, 03:26 PM
If you have a problem with any of it, just stay in the Spurs forum. It shouldn't bother you.

i dont have a problem with it... i guess i just read spurstalk as something that should be spurs only. i guess i could see your point cause every other forum ive ever visited is about the same, none of them are one-dimensional & they all somehow cater to everyone who joins. thanks for the replies.....

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-05-2007, 05:02 PM
I think you are a dr. pepper fan also

Damn straight.

Pistons < Spurs
05-05-2007, 07:16 PM
This board is awesome. Fans of other teams simply can't stay away.
:tu

Marcus Bryant
05-05-2007, 07:21 PM
This board is awesome. Fans of other teams simply can't stay away. If there are enough of them and they are reasonably polite and have good takes and discussions amongst themselves about their team, they might end up with a subforum if Kori and LJ decide so.

Unless they are mavfans.

There's really not a need for a Mavs forum as they already seem to have a thriving one (http://www.hipforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59).

-MB

TheSanityAnnex
05-05-2007, 07:27 PM

:stfu

TheSanityAnnex
05-05-2007, 07:28 PM
every other forum ive ever visited is about the same, none of them are one-dimensional & they all somehow cater to everyone who joins.
www.kingsfans.com

DarrinS
05-05-2007, 07:28 PM
I think it's a good idea, but i have to admit, I don't see a lot of traffic on the Pistons and Kings forums (usually < 10). Maybe it's only when I'm online.

TheSanityAnnex
05-05-2007, 07:29 PM
When the Kings board is finally released to its own domain, I will be the head honcho there and will reinstate all moderators who's positions were taken away here. I'll welcome you all with open arms and a 10 foot long ban stick. Life will be good guys, very good.

DarrinS
05-05-2007, 07:30 PM
But I do think there should be a new forum dedicated to Dallas fans.

Maybe it could be called "A Shoulder to Cry On -- Real Mavs Talk".

EDIT> Alternate name "We Believe? -- Real Mavs Talk"

saporvida
05-05-2007, 08:57 PM
:stfu

it was just a question... ass.

conversekid
05-05-2007, 09:26 PM
Piston fan has been my favorite... even back in the early 2000s... there was some guy ... motorcity??? he was classy and hung out here before the grant trade... even though there was smack talk during the finals, they were pretty respectful ... very graceful in defeat.