PDA

View Full Version : Brent, time to earn your $

Marcus Bryant
05-05-2007, 07:50 PM
http://sportsmedia.ign.com/sports/image/article/576/576569/brent-barry-interview-20050103042118250-000.jpg

He should hit about 20 treys in this series.

SpurCapita
05-05-2007, 08:03 PM
5 per game suits me fine.

aaronstampler
05-05-2007, 08:14 PM
I don't think he's going to play a lot unless we go small. As long as Horry/Oberto play well, Barry is gonna ride pine.

slayermin
05-05-2007, 08:22 PM
Doesn't Brent usually go off on the Suns or was that the Kings?

exstatic
05-05-2007, 08:26 PM
Barry is a MUCH better matchup with the Suns than Horry/Oberto. Don't get me wrong. Horry will see time, but I expect Oberto to get Barry's Denver minutes this series (8-9), and Barry get Oberto's (18-19). I expect the big man rotation to be: major minutes from Tim, with some Horry/Elson minutes and a healthy dose of small ball to force the Tim/Amare matchup.

Spursfan101
05-05-2007, 08:28 PM
This is just the series for Brent. What Finley did to the Nuggets, Barry will do to the Suns.

timvp
05-05-2007, 09:54 PM
I expect Oberto to get Barry's Denver minutes this series (8-9), and Barry get Oberto's (18-19).

That's what I've been thinking. This is the series for Barry to shine.

The Spurs will go small and Barry has to produce. Or at least knock down some open threes.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-05-2007, 10:03 PM
is that pic from nba 2k8?

Marcus Bryant
05-05-2007, 10:04 PM
is that pic from nba 2k8?

It's from the internets.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-05-2007, 10:05 PM
It's from the internets.

oh its from 2k5

god, i love the 2k series

GrandeDavid
05-05-2007, 10:15 PM
I expect Finley and Barry to tickle the twine rather often. I hope it doesn't mind.

Marcus Bryant
05-05-2007, 10:24 PM
Barry might set the unofficial record for open looks in a NBA playoff series in this round.

whottt
05-05-2007, 10:33 PM
The Suns never leave him open...if he gets left open you'll see D'antoni bust a gasket.

Barry will probably have one nice game, but after 4 years you guys still haven't realized he's not a scorer...he's not Michael Finley. I just hope if Finley is on the court he's making his shots...otherwise Phoenix is going to jump our asses.

timvp
05-05-2007, 10:38 PM
*lowers expectations*

Marcus Bryant
05-05-2007, 10:43 PM
The Suns never leave him open...if he gets left open you'll see D'antoni bust a gasket.

Barry will probably have one nice game, but after 4 years you guys still haven't realized he's not a scorer...he's not Michael Finley. I just hope if Finley is on the court he's making his shots...otherwise Phoenix is going to jump our asses.

The Suns will leave his ass open. Duncan inside and Manu's ability to penetrate is too much of a concern for the Suns.

whottt
05-05-2007, 10:48 PM
Teams don't leave Barry open that often...and Barry has killed them...they aren't stupid.

whottt
05-05-2007, 10:50 PM
yw5yrtyrt

More like....doesn't expect square pegs to be round ones...a 9 ppg scorer for his career is not likely to top that much...especially in less than the 30 mpg it's taken him to avg that for his career.

ducks
05-05-2007, 10:52 PM
Teams don't leave Barry open that often...and Barry has killed them...they aren't stupid.
teams leave horry open at end of games still

whottt
05-05-2007, 10:53 PM
teams leave horry open at end of games still

Only the stupid ones do it twice, and Horry usually looks washed up when he does that.

Marcus Bryant
05-05-2007, 10:56 PM
Who do the Suns leave open? They aren't good enough to contain TD, Manu, and TP while closing out on the other two sufficiently.

whottt
05-05-2007, 11:08 PM
Who do the Suns leave open? They aren't good enough to contain TD, Manu, and TP while closing out on the other two sufficiently.

At the 3 line?

Anyone but Barry...he's only like a career 40% shooter or something...and having a good year....and he's ripped the Suns a new hole in 4th quarter since joining the Spurs. At the 3 line, he's the one guy that won't get left open.

T Park
05-05-2007, 11:14 PM
:lol

When did the Suns turn into a competent defensive team? :lol

ducks
05-05-2007, 11:17 PM
mike finely will go off against suns

RonMexico
05-05-2007, 11:17 PM

After 4 years, one would think you would realize that he LOVES playing against the Suns and destroys them in Phoenix all the time. Two distinct examples: Chicken dance game in 2005 when Manu and Duncan were out and he hit late-game treys to win that game. Then he comes back in Game 1 of the WCF and saves the game for you guys and literally pissed me off to no end because I had to watch him suck it up all year and then finally decide to play against my team.

Suns leave everybody open... have you watched an NBA game before? It's the professional basketball league that they generally sandwich on TV telecasts in between advertisements of the Closer and House of Payne.

T Park
05-05-2007, 11:21 PM
Chicken dance game in 2005 when Manu and Duncan were out and he hit late-game treys to win that game

actually I think the Spurs lost that game chief.

Marcus Bryant
05-05-2007, 11:29 PM
At the 3 line?

Anyone but Barry...he's only like a career 40% shooter or something...and having a good year....and he's ripped the Suns a new hole in 4th quarter since joining the Spurs. At the 3 line, he's the one guy that won't get left open.

Then the Spurs are playing 4 on 5?

T Park
05-05-2007, 11:31 PM
Whottt assumes again that D'Antoni has a defensive brain.

RonMexico
05-05-2007, 11:32 PM
actually I think the Spurs lost that game chief.

God... 32,000 posts and you still suck.

You think I would remember that game with such disdain if the Suns won? Fuck no.

Grow a brain, buddy - if the Suns won the chicken dance game and the Amare push-ups game, you think Spurs fans would continually remind us of both those events EVERY SINGLE time the teams play each other?

Marcus Bryant
05-05-2007, 11:33 PM
So you're leaving the 3 open, can't stop TD, and expect to win the series?

RonMexico
05-05-2007, 11:37 PM
So you're leaving the 3 open, can't stop TD, and expect to win the series?

Who are you talking to? All Suns fans? You're the one that said we can't stop TD. I simply said that if they leave Barry open, he will kill them. We'll see if Finley really has anything left in this series...

T Park
05-05-2007, 11:37 PM
God... 32,000 posts and you still suck.

You think I would remember that game with such disdain if the Suns won? Fuck no.

Grow a brain, buddy - if the Suns won the chicken dance game and the Amare push-ups game, you think Spurs fans would continually remind us of both those events EVERY SINGLE time the teams play each other?

Well thank you for insulting me.

But, I still think the Suns won that game.

The amare push up game was the ginobili 50 point game, i remember that.

T Park
05-05-2007, 11:38 PM
simply said that if they leave Barry open, he will kill them. We'll see if Finley really has anything left in this series...

Yeah Finley putting up 26 in a closeout game vs a better defensive team doesn't say shit about Finley :lol

Marcus Bryant
05-05-2007, 11:40 PM
Who are you talking to? All Suns fans? You're the one that said we can't stop TD. I simply said that if they leave Barry open, he will kill them. We'll see if Finley really has anything left in this series...

I'm talking to my dog, mofo. Who the fuck do you think I am addressing?

T Park
05-05-2007, 11:41 PM
:lmao

ahhhh Marcus smacking down another team's fan is fantastic morning reading in switzerland.

RonMexico
05-05-2007, 11:44 PM
Yeah Finley putting up 26 in a closeout game vs a better defensive team doesn't say shit about Finley :lol

Hmmm - they allowed you guys to slow the pace... I was addressing whether he can keep up AND still shoot the ball.

Secondly, Camby won DPOY because his team is terrible at defense and he had to bail them out the whole time. Thanks for playing again, T Park.

T Park
05-05-2007, 11:50 PM
I was addressing whether he can keep up AND still shoot the ball.

Secondly, Camby won DPOY because his team is terrible at defense and he had to bail them out the whole time. Thanks for playing again, T Park.

No, camby won the defensive player of the year cause he got 2 or 3 blocks a game and writers for the NBA are stupid.

The Nuggets are a good defensive team, but watching series other than Suns Lakers would've shown you that.

The Suns wont allow the Spurs to slow it down? :lol

ooooook

RonMexico
05-05-2007, 11:54 PM
Well thank you for insulting me.

But, I still think the Suns won that game.

The amare push up game was the ginobili 50 point game, i remember that.

I apologize. I was drinking a lot during 2005, so I confused the chicken dance game with the push-up game in my mind. Either way, I was still right right in spirit and you're more wrong because Ginobili only scored 48 (odd how Spurs fans tend to exaggerate). I'll let you read the recaps from Yahoo about both of these games about how Barry has destroyed the Suns in the past in the two distinct games I described... in Phoenix... in 4th quarters/OT.

January 22, 2005: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2005012121

"Brent Barry sank clutch 3-pointers late in regulation and early in overtime and scored 16 for San Antonio."

May 22, 2005: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2005052221

"Barry scored 13 of his 21 in the fourth quarter. He made 8-of-12 shots, including 5-of-8 on 3-pointers."

RonMexico
05-05-2007, 11:58 PM
No, camby won the defensive player of the year cause he got 2 or 3 blocks a game and writers for the NBA are stupid.

The Nuggets are a good defensive team, but watching series other than Suns Lakers would've shown you that.

The Suns wont allow the Spurs to slow it down? :lol

ooooook

I can't watch any other games... I barely even got to see the Suns games... I'm in fucking China working right now and they don't really have robust broadband internet or show NBA telecasts that often. I actually got to watch the Rockets game live today, for obvious reasons.

Denver is a decent defensive team when they want to be, just like the Suns can be one as well. The Suns also have the ability to dictate the pace if they assert themselves... it's all about will in this series because both teams are so talented.

Again, I'll reiterate... why did Camby get 2 to 3 blocks per game? Oh yeah, because they had no perimeter defense and he had to bail them out every game.

ehz33satx
05-06-2007, 12:18 AM
I don't think he's going to play a lot unless we go small. As long as Horry/Oberto play well, Barry is gonna ride pine.

Oberto and Bary don't even play the same position.

jmard5
05-06-2007, 12:21 AM
Oberto also plays well against the Suns.

ehz33satx
05-06-2007, 12:23 AM
:lol

When did the Suns turn into a competent defensive team? :lol

Exactly what I was thinking. Peeps talk that the Suns even know what defense means. 3 or 4 of the Suns little guys will swarm towards Tim D when he is deep in the post and he will pass it out to an open Barry or Finley.

Hoy
05-06-2007, 12:24 AM
Brent doesn't deliver when you count on him.
Just hope he can deliver.

Marcus Bryant
05-06-2007, 12:25 AM
Brent doesn't deliver when you count on him.

Except when he's in the desert.

gaKNOW!blee
05-06-2007, 12:30 AM
maybe im just dumb but what exactly is the chicken dance and push up games?

Marcus Bryant
05-06-2007, 12:43 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/multimedia/slideshows/show_594/BKN0523_spurs3_bowen_jl.jpg

FEAR.

Kevin Blackistone
05-06-2007, 01:59 AM
IF TD can get going in the paint and start knocking down 6 fters and/or drawing fouls on Amare - the Suns will be forced to double and Spurs perimeter players will get open looks with good ball movement. The Suns can play a little one on one D, but their team D is subpar and as such their rotations on ball movement are usually lacking. That's where the Spurs will get their shots, off of ball movement when TD posts up and off of penetration.

I feel that since the Spurs have the matchup advantages it's pretty much up to the Spurs to control tempo. They are accustomed to transisiton D, and I don't feel that will be a problem for them. The way Phoenix can run is off of turnovers and quick, long shots that produce long rebounds. If the Spurs take care of the ball and work their offense for good shots, they should control tempo and be able to take the games in the 4th Q.

whottt
05-06-2007, 02:49 AM
After 4 years, one would think you would realize that he LOVES playing against the Suns and destroys them in Phoenix all the time. Two distinct examples: Chicken dance game in 2005 when Manu and Duncan were out and he hit late-game treys to win that game. Then he comes back in Game 1 of the WCF and saves the game for you guys and literally pissed me off to no end because I had to watch him suck it up all year and then finally decide to play against my team.

Suns leave everybody open... have you watched an NBA game before? It's the professional basketball league that they generally sandwich on TV telecasts in between advertisements of the Closer and House of Payne.

Ok...that's two games, and after that second one, D'antoni was on camera throwing a shitfit and saying don't leave Barry open again. If they do, great.

But 2 games doesn't constitute always...it's constitutes, a big game here and there. It constitutes, one big game in the last playoff series. Which is what I expect in this one, if he's on the court.

Take a few reading classes before lecturing in the future please.