PDA

View Full Version : Great Don's Extra Point about Artest

Bandit2981
11-23-2004, 05:03 PM
I don't agree with Don often, but this time he really nails this one on the head...Artest was too much of a coward to challenge Ben Wallace, so he went after the little guy instead

Don's Extra Point
by Don Harris
Ticket 760 Sports on News 4 WOAI

The spin is coming in, from Charles Barkley saying fans are free game when they touch you to Rick Carlisle's defense of his players. Monday’s sound bites are borderline ridiculous.

“Any time a fan touches you, you have the right to beat the hell out of them,” said Charles Barkley. “I’m a man. I’m not gonna let anyone disrespect me. I don’t believe in that.”

Rick Carlisle said, “The excessive negative portrayals of the last few days of our players are not consistent with what we know of them as a team.”

Excessive negative portrayals?

Look I think the coach should defend his players, but there was no portrayal here. What you saw is what you got. It's not a fictitious story. Fans and viewers world wide can make up their own mind from seeing the tape.

As for Barkley and the notion that you can't be disrespected, I’ve just got one question.

What's more disrespectful - Ben Wallace's hands shoving in your face or a cup thrown from the stands?

Now Artest didn't challenge Big Ben, but he goes after the fan? I call that a coward.

violentkitten
11-23-2004, 05:07 PM
you both are full of crap

Bandit2981
11-23-2004, 05:08 PM
:lol rowr! hiss!

ALVAREZ6
11-23-2004, 05:35 PM
Bandit, i totally agree with your statement about not challenging Ben , but going in the stands.

But you've got to think about it... If Artest shoved Big Ben back, he'd get his @$$ kicked so badly that he wouldn't be able to return to the NBA even if he wanted too... :hang

RobinsontoDuncan
11-23-2004, 07:09 PM
Yeah one does have to wonder whether Big Ben's Bicepts had anything to do with that choice