PDA

View Full Version : Mav fans, questions for your offseason..

Amuseddaysleeper
05-06-2007, 02:30 AM
So while I'm sure many of you are obviously disappointed with the early playoff exit, i was wondering what you guys hope your front office does this offseason.

I actually think some of this talk of the mavs either needing to...

a) blow up the team

or

b) trade dirk

are greatly exaggerated.

i think it really comes down to th mavs facing the worst possible matchup a the worst possible time.

Who's available this summer that you guys have a realistic shot at getting?

While some of you may hate stackhouse (I do too) I think he was one of the few players that showed up this playoffs (or at least in games 4,5, and 6)

Are you willing to part with dirk, howard, or terry?

I'm sure a lot of KG to dallas rumors will pop up this summer.

and are there some of you left who think the team is just fine, but the mavs happened to run into the one team that knew how to expose them?

thoughts?

Amarelooms
05-06-2007, 09:14 AM
So while I'm sure many of you are obviously disappointed with the early playoff exit, i was wondering what you guys hope your front office does this offseason.

a) blow up the team

or

b) trade dirk

are greatly exaggerated.

i think it really comes down to th mavs facing the worst possible matchup a the worst possible time.

Who's available this summer that you guys have a realistic shot at getting?

While some of you may hate stackhouse (I do too) I think he was one of the few players that showed up this playoffs (or at least in games 4,5, and 6)

I'm sure a lot of KG to dallas rumors will pop up this summer.

and are there some of you left who think the team is just fine, but the mavs happened to run into the one team that knew how to expose them?

thoughts?

Little of all of the above. Mavs need a low post player and a decent PG. I think everyone except Dirk and Howard could be traded :elephant

confined
05-06-2007, 09:19 AM
like i said in another thread,i hope the mavs have talks with the blazers and pacers, who are looking to move randolph and O'niell respectivly...a deal to indiana involving harris, damp, and maybe another piece, for O'neill and a filler would more than likly get the job done...david harrison is the pacers new big man so it seems like a no brainer to move o'neill for a young athletic point guard in harris seeing as how tinsely is ALWAYS injured...same with portland i think either harris or terry for get randolph from them
second,i think the mavs(as was rumored) need to go sign desmond mason...he gives us an agressive finisher...which we lacked in the playoffs...agressiveness
third, if the above mentioned deal goes down i would look to the mavs to draft a point guard in the draft...mike conolly jr. would be the perfect fit
so in my perfect off-season we get our post player in O'neill, an agressive finisher in mason, and an impressive young player in conolly

BUMP
05-06-2007, 09:39 AM
i seriously would trade Dirk for KG. Dirk went 2-13 in the game we needed him most as well as continuously let people go by him for layups. it seems that when the Mavs have that opportunity to put teams away or win the chamionship he is reluctant to take it. (2-0 in Finals, game 4 when we couldve buried the Warriors, game 6 when Davis went out with injury)

but the big thing is that we need low post scoring to win us that championship that we dont have right now. KG's heart and willingness to take the last shot was never in question, Dirk is a different story.

we need to keep Harris, Stackhouse, Diop, and Howard but Dampier and George need to go. Terry i feel indifferent.

WalterBenitez
05-06-2007, 09:49 AM
Please ... don't trade Dirk ... I'll miss the blondie :D

Findog
05-06-2007, 10:20 AM
I don't think blowing the team up is the answer. If you win 67 games, you're doing something right. But something is also really wrong to go out the way they did. Not so much losing, but the lack of fight and the way they laid down in the third quarter. When it circulates at halftime at press row that Don Nelson is planning a big party after the game to celebrate a series win, and you're only down two points, that should make you MAD.

I don't think you can bring this team back more or less intact after what happened. Some changes need to be made. There's not a player on the roster I would classify as "untouchable" after this series, but I would insist on being patient and waiting for the right offer instead of shipping guys off in panic moves.

We already have a point guard, his name is Devin Harris. Jason Terry is one guy that I wouldn't mind seeing in a different uniform next year. He's a shooting guard in a point's body -- too undersized to guard opposing two's, and doesn't have the ball-handling ability or the size to guard opposing points like Baron Davis.

It goes without saying we need a low-post scoring threat, but we don't have the cap flexibility to bring in Zach Randolph or his max contract, or Eddy Curry. Sean May might work, although he's been injured a lot in his short career. Given that the Sonics are probably starting over in preparation for the move, Terry, Dampier and whatever else it takes to get Ray Allen for the starting shooting guard spot would be nice, but maybe that's a pipe dream.

Findog
05-06-2007, 10:22 AM
i seriously would trade Dirk for KG. .

Minnesota doesn't do that deal. Dirk for KG doesn't make Minny any better...they'd still be the 10th best team in the West...not bad enough to completely crater and get a top pick to start over, but not going to the playoffs either. If they deal KG, it's going to be for a combination of draft picks, cap relief and young players. They're only going to trade him for an opportunity to start over.

So all this KG for Dirk talk is silly.

Islymore
05-06-2007, 01:43 PM
I think that the Mavs will not blow the team up. I think overall they like what they have built... but I hope they sense some changes need to be made. Minor ones tho.

No trading of Dirk - but i think they need another scoring option who can post and bring some form of leadership to the team. i think Dirk could stand to run more bc its obvious he cant keep up with the run and gun teams... maybe add a lil more weight.

Diop could stand to lose weight and pick up a better offensive game.
Howard could stand to get better handles, not resort to the 3 pt line so much - he needs to become that go getter, dont matter what.
Stack needs to come back and he could stand to work on his distribution of the ball more - he falls into the ballhog phase too much.
I could stand to lose Terry.
But I wouldn't mind letting go of Harris either.... but if we gotta keep one and lose the other, keep Harris since he is a speed demon, but he could work on his brakin skills, his ballhandling, and his finishing.

I think the whole team could use some work... but then again, a team that won 67-15, do you really wanna dismantle them soooo much? Minor changes yes, catastrophic ones no.

confined
05-06-2007, 02:56 PM
the thing is if we loose terry we loose alot of out-side shooting(unless we get someone who is liek terry but bigger..like a mike miller)the only good shooter in our line-up would be dirk...and we want him to play more inside

schadenfreude52
05-06-2007, 03:00 PM

a) blow up the team

or

b) trade dirk

are greatly exaggerated.

So do I.

Yes. My sentiments exactly.

I think Stackhouse is the type of player we need to keep. He has tons of bravado and, as witnessed in this series, doesn't fold easily under pressure.

No. No. Possibly.

Yes.

sribb43
05-06-2007, 03:19 PM
I don't think blowing the team up is the answer. If you win 67 games, you're doing something right. But something is also really wrong to go out the way they did. Not so much losing, but the lack of fight and the way they laid down in the third quarter. When it circulates at halftime at press row that Don Nelson is planning a big party after the game to celebrate a series win, and you're only down two points, that should make you MAD.

I don't think you can bring this team back more or less intact after what happened. Some changes need to be made. There's not a player on the roster I would classify as "untouchable" after this series, but I would insist on being patient and waiting for the right offer instead of shipping guys off in panic moves.

We already have a point guard, his name is Devin Harris. Jason Terry is one guy that I wouldn't mind seeing in a different uniform next year. He's a shooting guard in a point's body -- too undersized to guard opposing two's, and doesn't have the ball-handling ability or the size to guard opposing points like Baron Davis.

It goes without saying we need a low-post scoring threat, but we don't have the cap flexibility to bring in Zach Randolph or his max contract, or Eddy Curry. Sean May might work, although he's been injured a lot in his short career. Given that the Sonics are probably starting over in preparation for the move, Terry, Dampier and whatever else it takes to get Ray Allen for the starting shooting guard spot would be nice, but maybe that's a pipe dream.

Randolph or Curry is not the answer for this. Curry is overwieght and a terrible defender. Zach plays PF so either him or Dirk would have to play C and neither can guard well at PF let alone C. As for Ray Alen, sure it would be nice to get him but Seattle wont trade for terry and damp, both have a combined $100 millilon due over there next 5 years

dg7md
05-06-2007, 03:33 PM
Trade us Dirk.

mabber
05-06-2007, 03:57 PM
Need more pts off the bench. Maybe this is where a better low post scorer comes into play. They aren't going to trade Dirk nor do I think they should.

Findog
05-06-2007, 04:21 PM
[/B]

Randolph or Curry is not the answer for this. Curry is overwieght and a terrible defender. Zach plays PF so either him or Dirk would have to play C and neither can guard well at PF let alone C. As for Ray Alen, sure it would be nice to get him but Seattle wont trade for terry and damp, both have a combined $100 millilon due over there next 5 years

I also am opposed to bringing in Randolph because he's a fuckhead. If he was coachable and didn't have a max deal, I'd be all over him in a heartbeat.

What do you think of Sean May? The Charlotte frontcourt is getting a little crowded if they resign Gerald Wallace.

Findog
05-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Trade us Dirk.

Give us Duncan in return and you got yourself a deal! :drunk

schadenfreude52
05-06-2007, 04:50 PM
Give us Duncan in return and you got yourself a deal! :drunk

Oh hell, I'm very much against trading Dirk, yet I'd make that move in a heartbeat.

ponky
05-06-2007, 07:35 PM
howard, dirk and diop stay, get a real point guard, terry and harris won't cut it...if terry could be moved to the two spot then it would be better but even then, he's inconsistent with his shooting. i'd even say stack stays because of his energy and points off the bench and he has balls. other than that, everyone else should be up for grabs if the right opp came along...buck, george, harris, terry, damp, cro. i have seen more improvement in diop the last month or so and even though he's far from any kind of a low post threat, he continues to improve so i'm willing to wait and see what happens. if we can get a real low post dude who can give us some help that would be ideal but i'd look for a point first, that's priority. devin isn't going to get it done, he's past his trial period and while he's superquick, his layups are too lazy, he makes too many turnovers and mistakes and he's foul prone.

td4mvp21
05-06-2007, 07:38 PM
We'll take Dampier off of your hands.

DubMcDub
05-06-2007, 07:43 PM
As far as I'm concerned, the following four players simply cannot be traded: Dirk, Howard, Harris, Diop.

Anyone else, Terry included, is probably fair game.

DampierAmGod
05-06-2007, 08:44 PM
The Mavs simply need to stay the course with the team they have. This team won 67 games during the regular season for good reason. They simply had a horrible series at the same time that Golden State had an incredible series. If GS had that healthy roster shooting the way they were in round 1, they would have been a top 4 seed in the West.

When healthy, I think the Mavs can beat anyone in the league. George wasn't healthy at all since his knee injury, Buckner had a knee and ankle problem and barely played, and Dampier missed key time down the stretch and in the playoffs with a shoulder problem. Get all these guys healthy, resign Stack if possible and maybe try to add one guy with a post game and you're good to go. If you need to trade anyone trade Jason Terry. It's time for Harris to emerge as the starting PG and we can live without an overpaid pure shooter like Terry.

BUMP
05-06-2007, 10:32 PM
Trade us Dirk.

for Duncan? :spin

i would only trade Dirk for Sheed, KG, or Timmy. otherwise we should focus on getting that second scorer

schadenfreude52
05-06-2007, 10:34 PM
for Duncan? :spin

i would only trade Dirk for Sheed, KG, or Timmy. otherwise we should focus on getting that second scorer

Dirk for Sheed? Really?

mavsfan1000
05-07-2007, 02:17 AM
Dirk for Rasheed and Hamilton. Rasheed is a good player but not Dirk's status.

Suns>Spurs
05-07-2007, 02:28 AM
who signed Buckner for 5yrs. :bang

Findog
05-07-2007, 02:02 PM
If I were Donnie...

I'd resign Stack. He's a useful scorer off the bench and he's the only guy on our team right now with any cojones.

I'd make Devin Harris the fulltime starter at PG. If it doesn't work out, we can always bite the bullet and trade for an Andre Miller or Jason Kidd at the trade deadline.

I'd trade Terry to the Clippers for Corey Maggette. The Clippers do this deal because Cassell is 37 years old and can't play 40 minutes a night for 80 games, and Livingston is going to be out a long time. We do this deal because he gives us a real shooting guard that can go to the rim and draw fouls.

I'd also sign Desmond Mason as a FA. He's a terrible jumpshooter, he can't shoot FTs either, but he can post up on the low blocks, he can defend perimeter guys as well. He gives us two things we desperately need: a two-way player unlike Damp or Diop, low-post scoring, and excellent defense. The Warriors didn't have to worry about guarding Buck or George. They'd have to pay attention to Mason anytime he's on the floor, and he'd do a good job on Nash, Parker, B-Diddy, etc.

stretch
05-07-2007, 03:02 PM
If they don't trade Dirk for KG (which I doubt they will)... then we need to find another true superstar that is hungry to win, which leads me to T-Mac.

Keep Stack, Diop, and George.

Trade Howard, Terry, Mbenga, and draft picks for T-Mac and John Lucas.

Sign Luke Walton, Desmon Mason, or Eddie Jones. Sign Jamaal Magliore. If possible, try to get Mike Bibby as well.

PG - Bibby (maybe, but doubtful), Harris, Lucas
SG - McGrady, Stackhouse, Ager
SF - Walton/Mason/Jones, George
PF - Nowitzki, Magliore
C - Diop, Dampier

BigBeezie
05-07-2007, 03:06 PM
The Mavs need a KG or Duncan to win the BIG one. Crash the boards, play D and score high percentage points. Without that, then they can kiss their chances goodbye.

stretch
05-07-2007, 03:07 PM
If I were Donnie...

I'd resign Stack. He's a useful scorer off the bench and he's the only guy on our team right now with any cojones.

I'd make Devin Harris the fulltime starter at PG. If it doesn't work out, we can always bite the bullet and trade for an Andre Miller or Jason Kidd at the trade deadline.

I'd trade Terry to the Clippers for Corey Maggette. The Clippers do this deal because Cassell is 37 years old and can't play 40 minutes a night for 80 games, and Livingston is going to be out a long time. We do this deal because he gives us a real shooting guard that can go to the rim and draw fouls.

I'd also sign Desmond Mason as a FA. He's a terrible jumpshooter, he can't shoot FTs either, but he can post up on the low blocks, he can defend perimeter guys as well. He gives us two things we desperately need: a two-way player unlike Damp or Diop, low-post scoring, and excellent defense. The Warriors didn't have to worry about guarding Buck or George. They'd have to pay attention to Mason anytime he's on the floor, and he'd do a good job on Nash, Parker, B-Diddy, etc.
I must say, getting Mason and Maggette is actually very intriguing. As long as they stay healthy. If we could get those two, then it would really give us more money/trade bait to get someone like Mike Bibby, whom I think would fit in VERY well with our system. Plus I think we should sign Magliore as a backup PF/C. A lineup of...

PG - Bibby, Harris
SG - Maggette, Stack, Ager
SF - Howard, Mason
PF - Nowtizki, Magliore
C - Diop, Damp

sabar
05-07-2007, 03:12 PM
Would the Mavs be interested in Scola? It'd give them a guy with post up moves plus the Spurs are already loaded at the PF position. Dirk can be shifted to different positions so they could both be out at the same time, much like how we use Horry/Duncan together.

But of course, he's unproven. Scouting reports say he can post up and has a mid range jumper, but you never know how it'll look in the NBA.

stretch
05-07-2007, 03:28 PM
or maybe as my brother suggests...

trade Terry/Diop for Jermaine O'Neal.

sign Bonzi Wells, Steve Blake, and Stackhouse.

PG - Harris, Blake, Barea
SG - Wells, Stackhouse, Ager
SF - Howard, Buckner
PF - Nowtizki, Mensa-Bonsu
C - O'Neal, Damp, Mbenga

Mixability
05-07-2007, 04:48 PM
All this Dirk trade talk makes me have 1 question.

How do you convince someone to actually TAKE Dirk after his performance in the post season? Unless someone gives up shit players for Dirk, I wouldn't see a lot of teams that would be interested.

mabber
05-07-2007, 04:54 PM

How do you convince someone to actually TAKE Dirk after his performance in the post season? Unless someone gives up shit players for Dirk, I wouldn't see a lot of teams that would be interested.

They aren't trading Dirk but I guarantee you teams would line up to try to cut a deal for him. He's had plenty more good playoff series (3 really good game 7's and a good game 5 back when series went 5 games) than poor ones.

Bruno
05-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Some Mavs fans seems to forget that there are two teams (or more) in a trade. You can't trade crap for good players.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-07-2007, 05:58 PM

people will still take dirk believe me. I'm sure his trade value has diminished somewhat, but teams will definitely give him a look if he's available.

ponky
05-07-2007, 06:03 PM

See Dennis Johnson.

mardigan
05-07-2007, 06:04 PM
Mavs should just make a run at Billups, and trade that piece of shit Harris, and they would be fine

Dalhoop
05-07-2007, 06:37 PM
Most of the changes that are being purposed her would not have helped us vs the Warriors. The Warriors play four SF's and an oversized PG.

When a team is hitting prayer shots like the Warriors were, your not going to be beat them. Its just that simple. Down by three, throw the ball from half court ... It will go in ... Have a turnover but gain possesion with .5 on the shot clock? Throw it toward the rim, it will go in

The only thing that Mav fans can take from that series is that GOD is a Warriors fan .. At least for that series.

That doesn't give them an excuse to quit after halftime, all the Mavs need to look hard in the mirrior about that.

Now, to the changes. Could anyone have guarded Davis in the series? No (The only defensive job that I remembered in the whole series was actually Diop with a few stops on Davis). Is there a Center in the League that is comfertable guarding the three point line? No.

How much of a 67 win team should be changed to "Match-up" with the eight seed? I posted this else where and got no response.

This team is made to beat the Spurs, Pistons and Heat. If a team puts a PG, SG, SF, PF, and C on the floor, the Mavs are built to beat them. Before the trade at the deadline, only the Suns and at times the Bulls were teams that the Mavs were not "Built to beat" After the trade deadline, the Warriors were added to the list.

Most other teams in the League play with a traditional center on the floor. The problem with changing the team to beat the 13% of teams that don't "Play the way everyone else does" is that you will no longer be in a position to beat the other 87% of the league.

If the Mavs run into the Lakers or Clippers, they advance to play the Jazz or Rockets .. All those teams play "Traditional B-Ball" and as such, the Mavs are built to beat them. Then they would face the Spurs or Sun ... Mavs would hope for the Spurs because once again, they are built to beat that type of team.

It was a bad draw, as would have been a match-up with the Suns along the way.

What are the chances of meeting the Warriors again next year in the playoffs?, balance those odds against running into any number of "Traditional playing teams" and you see why no changes, other then cosmetic in nature, are warrented.

I don't like that fact that we lost in the first round, but I will take my chances with close to the same roster next year (By that I am talking about all starters plus Diop and Stackhouse returning)

Buckner, George and Croshere are trade bait.

StylisticS
05-07-2007, 07:27 PM

SF - Howard, Buckner
C - O'Neal, Damp, Mbenga
Which Bonzi? The Bonzi we saw in the playoffs in 2005 or the one we saw this past season? If it's the one after contract, then I'll pass.

Oh and mardigan. I take it you don't like Harris? :lol

DubMcDub
05-07-2007, 08:35 PM

You have to be joking.

Dirk had one bad playoff series. He's a top 5 player in this league. Every single team would consider taken him if the situation was right.

confined
05-07-2007, 08:51 PM
You have to be joking.

Dirk had one bad playoff series. He's a top 5 player in this league. Every single team would consider taken him if the situation was right.
exactly, anyone who thinks otherwise is a super homer

spurastic
05-07-2007, 08:58 PM
Get rid of the owner and most of the problems will be solved. I think that he interfered too much and that influenced the outcome.

traitoravery
05-07-2007, 09:06 PM
You have to be joking.

Top 5 my ass maybe top 20....

td4mvp21
05-07-2007, 09:12 PM
If they don't trade Dirk for KG (which I doubt they will)... then we need to find another true superstar that is hungry to win, which leads me to T-Mac.

Sign Luke Walton, Desmon Mason, or Eddie Jones. Sign Jamaal Magliore. If possible, try to get Mike Bibby as well.

PF - Nowitzki, Magliore
C - Diop, Dampier

Uhhh you're joking right? :lmao

confined
05-07-2007, 09:44 PM
haha yeah right

stretch
05-07-2007, 10:50 PM
Which Bonzi? The Bonzi we saw in the playoffs in 2005 or the one we saw this past season? If it's the one after contract, then I'll pass.

Keep in mind that Bonzi wasn't used much either, because of the style of play he likes, and the style of play that Van Gundy does. Plus, Van Gundy is just an idiot regardless. Bonzi would fit greatly in the Mavericks' system, espeicially with his great versatility.

stretch
05-07-2007, 10:54 PM
Uhhh you're joking right? :lmao
the fact is, if we want to keep dirk, we need to find either better scorers, a post up player, or another superstar. finding another superstar will be the easiest way to go. I think that T-Mac would fit in our system greatly. but the more i think about it, we can get Jermaine O'Neal for fairly cheaply compared to other superstars around the league, especially since he doesn't want to stay, and that the Pacers need to rebuild. I say give them Terry, Diop, some draft picks, and younger players that we have. In place, they will get more picks/youth to rebuild, a scorer in Terry, and a young, solid low post defender with plenty of room for growth in Diop.

mavsfan1000
05-07-2007, 11:11 PM
Dallas should first trade for Kidd. Than they need a low post prescence. So here is Dallas's new lineup.
Kidd, Terry, Howard, Nowitzki, and Duncan. Fantasy basketball is fun. lol

schadenfreude52
05-07-2007, 11:16 PM
Dallas should first trade for Kidd. Than they need a low post prescence. So here is Dallas's new lineup.
Kidd, Terry, Howard, Nowitzki, and Duncan. Fantasy basketball is fun. lol

I would say that that would be the greatest lineup ever if Terry weren't there...

Exchange him for a Chauncey Billups and then we're talking...

DubMcDub
05-08-2007, 02:08 AM

Top 5. Easily. You're a damn fool.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-08-2007, 02:26 AM
people will still take dirk believe me. I'm sure his trade value has diminished somewhat, but teams will definitely give him a look if he's available.
I think we should get him to back up Timmy.

He's a good rebounder and he's long. I also think he can spread the floor with his jumper.

Cry Havoc
05-08-2007, 09:30 AM
When a team is hitting prayer shots like the Warriors were, your not going to be beat them. Its just that simple.

Deron Williams and the Utah Jazz would like a word with you about that.

Besides, it wasn't so much that they were just hitting shots. The Mavs were sagging on defense and leaving them wide open all day long.

ponky
05-08-2007, 09:43 AM
Deron Williams and the Utah Jazz would like a word with you about that.

Besides, it wasn't so much that they were just hitting shots. The Mavs were sagging on defense and leaving them wide open all day long.

correct, we had huge defensive breakdowns. as for the jazz/warriors, i still say jazz in six but part of me wonders how well davis and barnes are holding up in terms of health. jazz played very well and their defense is obviously a lot better than dallas' d, or lack of, but i still think davis and barnes are also banged up a bit. okur and harpring are going to have to continue putting up the numbers they had and boozer could use some help on the boards because i don't know if he'll bring down twenty in the next game.

ratm1221
05-08-2007, 10:41 AM
I don't really care what they do as long as they keep Dirk, Harris, Howard, Stackhouse and Diop. And I suggest hanging on to Ager for a while. If they make a big trade I would guess it would be Terry. Throw Croshere to the wolves. Sorry Austin....

clambake
05-08-2007, 11:00 AM
There is no one in that lineup that can take it to the rim. Somebody has to play in the low post.

ATRAIN
05-08-2007, 11:11 AM

PF - Nowitzki, Magliore
C - Diop, Dampier

there is no way that would happen.

ratm1221
05-08-2007, 11:14 AM
There is no one in that lineup that can take it to the rim. Somebody has to play in the low post.

If this is in response to my comment?.. There are 8 other spots on the team.

clambake
05-08-2007, 11:28 AM
How do we get that player without losing some of your lineup? Harris is the only one that drives through the lane, but doesn't finish with consistency. We die by the jumper. Dirk will not be effective without a horse down low.

Cry Havoc
05-08-2007, 11:37 AM
correct, we had huge defensive breakdowns. as for the jazz/warriors, i still say jazz in six but part of me wonders how well davis and barnes are holding up in terms of health. jazz played very well and their defense is obviously a lot better than dallas' d, or lack of, but i still think davis and barnes are also banged up a bit. okur and harpring are going to have to continue putting up the numbers they had and boozer could use some help on the boards because i don't know if he'll bring down twenty in the next game.

The Warriors played out of their minds the entire Dallas series. The Mavs needed to do something to shut down or cut off their momentum, something emphatic. They never did, and the Warriors just rocked the house with momentum.

I think that probably exhausted them a bit. They used so much of their bodies to take down Dallas that they don't have a huge amount left in the tank. I think if Utah plays solid in Game 2 and doesn't give them a lot of plays to build confidence on, they could even end the series in 5.

I see Boozer averaging 16+ rebounds a game this series. With the Warriors offensive mindset, he could even get 25. I mean, who's going to get over him? Bierdins? :lol

The Warriors should seriously assign someone on offensive (Bierdins) to do nothing except box out Boozer. That's his one role. That might give them a chance for some offensive rebounds.

ratm1221
05-08-2007, 11:41 AM
How do we get that player without losing some of your lineup? Harris is the only one that drives through the lane, but doesn't finish with consistency. We die by the jumper. Dirk will not be effective without a horse down low.

I'm not trying to argue or agree with you. So who exactly to think we should trade? I'm not going to support the idea going around that totally dismantling the team that has taken years to build is the answer to a championship just because of a bad series in the playoffs. I just think it needs be tweaked a little. Above all else, Dirk stays in Dallas until we retire his jersey.What happens if we totally change our lineup to beat teams like Golden State and we end up not even playing them in the playoffs next year? Then we could turn around and get owned by San Antonio or Pheonix, who we now have a good chance of beating with our current lineup.

clambake
05-08-2007, 11:50 AM
I know what your saying. But our problems are huge. Everytime the other team spreads the floor they can fly right by. We need that strong low post player on both ends. We don't have speed to stay with the highflying teams. We are clumsy at D and I don't think any adjustments will change that. We need that one fearless guy. Who that is, or who we can get is the problem. I'm afraid that Dirk has been exposed for good.

clambake
05-08-2007, 12:05 PM
Dirk is not going to get faster or more coordinated, and as much as I hate to say it, he proved to be mentally weak. He let them put their boot on his throat without fighting back. He may never be more than a shrinking violet after that. So now what? Do we sit back and hope for the best?

ratm1221
05-08-2007, 12:06 PM
Maybe all of the media bashing on Dirk will be just the fire he needs to get him really pissed off and go ape shit next year. I want pissed off Dirk. He's definitely going to have some personality changes in the offseason. Let's hope they are for the better.

DallasFan
05-08-2007, 12:15 PM

PF - Nowitzki, Magliore
C - Diop, Dampier

How do we know if KG is a playoff choker or not? He never gets his team to the playoffs? :oops

ATRAIN
05-08-2007, 12:16 PM
How do we know if KG is a playoff choker or not? He never gets his team to the playoffs? :oops

Well he was a MVP a few years ago and kind of fell off. Minesota had 1 GOOD year and other than that, its hard to say.

clambake
05-08-2007, 12:17 PM
I just don't know how going ape shit is going to improve his low post. He takes that one move (that everybody expects) and when he can't get around he quickly kicks it out or takes that fall-away jumper that only hits when it doesn't matter. His head got in the game, and he got too nervous, and those jumpers wouldn't fall. If he had someone that could even slightly draw attention away, he might be alright. He will not be the mavs inside presence without some muscle to help.

ATRAIN
05-08-2007, 12:17 PM
Maybe all of the media bashing on Dirk will be just the fire he needs to get him really pissed off and go ape shit next year. I want pissed off Dirk. He's definitely going to have some personality changes in the offseason. Let's hope they are for the better.

I dont even blame Dirk for the loss, I think he was just a victim to Nelly knowing him sooo well. Trading him isnt the answer.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-08-2007, 12:20 PM

SF - Howard, Buckner
C - O'Neal, Damp, Mbenga

I must say, getting Mason and Maggette is actually very intriguing. As long as they stay healthy. If we could get those two, then it would really give us more money/trade bait to get someone like Mike Bibby, whom I think would fit in VERY well with our system. Plus I think we should sign Magliore as a backup PF/C. A lineup of...

PG - Bibby, Harris
SG - Maggette, Stack, Ager
SF - Howard, Mason
PF - Nowtizki, Magliore
C - Diop, Damp

Well, I think I've got the award for 'most delusional Mavs fan on Spurstalk' figured out. :lol

ATRAIN
05-08-2007, 12:25 PM
Well, I think I've got the award for 'most delusional Mavs fan on Spurstalk' figured out. :lol

hahah yeah thats a little bit of wishful thinking. But hey who doesnt play scenarios like this in our head come off season.

mardigan
05-08-2007, 01:29 PM

:lol Nothing against the Mavs, but I just think Harris is one of the worst point guards I have ever seen play, and I blame him directly for the Mavs 1st round departure. If the Mavs had a real point, they would be unstoppable

ATRAIN
05-08-2007, 01:30 PM
:lol Nothing against the Mavs, but I just think Harris is one of the worst point guards I have ever seen play, and I blame him directly for the Mavs 1st round departure. If the Mavs had a real point, they would be unstoppable

I am not a Harris fan but I think he is better than Jason Lazy Eyes Terry. Harris is also younger, quicker, and more athletic. He has promise.

mardigan
05-08-2007, 01:37 PM
I am not a Harris fan but I think he is better than Jason Lazy Eyes Terry. Harris is also younger, quicker, and more athletic. He has promise.
Thats why I said a real point. Terry aint a point either, sg trapped in a points body. Duncan has 2 less assists in the same number of games played as Harris. Harris cant shoot, isnt a very good passer in the lane, isnt very good at getting his teamates the shots they like, and takes way to many charges that dont get called in his favor which either a)gets him in foul trouble or b)puts his teamates in a bad place defensively. Guy had a 2 to 1 assist to turnover ratio in his 3rd year this year, so his improvement has been very slow. Thye either need to make him the number 1 point and give him the keys, or get rid of him and Terry for a real point guard

stretch
05-08-2007, 03:58 PM
He's never had players the caliber of Jason Terry, Devin Harris, and Josh Howard either, has he? The closest he had was Sam Cassell, Troy Hudson, and Latrell Spreewell, but I'd still take Terry, Harris, and Howard over those three.

Findog
05-08-2007, 04:06 PM
You know, Dirk came up woefully short against Golden State and he deserves criticism for that, but why is he getting more shit than Zach Randolph or Stephon Marbury? He's humble and hardworking, and nobody is taking this worse than him.

clambake
05-08-2007, 05:33 PM
I think comparing him to Zach Randolph and Stephon Marbury is the worst criticism yet.