PDA

View Full Version : Chris Bosh- franchise player? (playoff wise)

Kamnik
05-06-2007, 05:23 AM
okay maybe in the regular season....

but the style of play he has is such he was stopped by MIKEY MOORE AND JASON COLLINS in the playoffs

yes collins is a good defender and it was good team effort by the nets but i have to say i was completely unimpressed with Bosh

except for parts of games 5 and 6 i think he was uncomfortable and was rushing shots for most time; either from frustration or his wish to contribute

i think raptors would be much better off with a player who can post up and Baragnani who showed way more than you can expect from a rookie who was out for a month before the playoffs

ok i may be judging bosh considering these single series but i dont think his offensive style of play fits in

trading bosh for someone like a healthier emeka okafor would mean much more solid raptors team

G GS MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
5 5 36.0 .406 .000 .839 1.4 8.0 9.4 1.2 0.8 1.6 1.80 3.00 16.4

aditional question....

TJ Ford is in my opinion not worth the fat paycheck he will be getting in the future

his lack of shooting was exposed by the Nets; his seemingly good % are there only because Nets were letting him wide open to double team Bosh

Raps would be better off with Calderon at the point; he is a better shooter, passer, more unselfish and plays with more heart

Amuseddaysleeper
05-06-2007, 06:06 AM
Bosh is fantastic player, and as a resident of toronto I've seen him play many times.

he had a really solid 4th quarter that almost single handedly forced a game 7 had it not been for a dumbass pass into jefferson

this is his first time in the playoffs so I'd cut him a lot of slack

if we're gonna start busting the balls of playoff newcomers then dwight howard should also be traded

but i don't think that would make much sense

exstatic
05-06-2007, 08:56 AM
Unless you can somehow clone MJ and return him to age 30, you're going to have trouble dominating in the playoffs as a perimeter player. Kobe is clutch as hell, and got sent packing by the Suns.

Bosh's best bet, along with some other young players, would be to go to Pete Newell's big man camp, and learn to play and defend in the post. He won't though. How many times have you ever seen a Tim Duncan up and under play on Sports Center?

resistanze
05-06-2007, 09:31 AM
I was disappointed at first, but it's unfair to shoulder the blame solely on Bosh's shoulders to what occurred.

Besides the fact it was his first playoff series, it wasn't as if Moore and Collins elevated their defensive games, they just came with an effective game plan that took the Raptors, for whatever reason, late in game 5 to figure out.

They tried force to force Bosh to the perimeter; as soon as he was about to put the ball onto the floor to drive past his defender, the double (Kidd/Jefferson/Carter with Collins) or even triple team came quickly. He wasn't good at passing out of the double team for most of the series and it disturbed me what took the coaching so long to adjust to what NJ was doing. Once Bosh was able to kick the ball out for an open look or when he was patient enough for the double team to leave him, his effectiveness skyrocketed.

There's no reason to dump him him just because of this. I remember back in 2000 when the Raps made the layoffs for the first time, they got swept by the Knicks. Vince Carter (pre-marshmallow stage) was awful, averaging like 19 PPG on 30% shooting after scoring about 26PPG in the regular season shooting 47%. He came back the following year with an excellent playoff run, elminating those same Knicks and taking it to game 7 with the 76ers, where he decided to graduate from college. :spin

Bob Lanier
05-06-2007, 11:58 AM
Bosh is another Dirk/D-Rob/JO/KG on offense; not an anchor. And his defense is atrocious although it seems his rebounding has improved.

Kamnik
05-06-2007, 02:12 PM
his defense and rebounding were quite good; but offensively he is simply to weak to post up anyone and from perimiter he isnt as effective

dg7md
05-06-2007, 03:15 PM
He's a good franchise player, he had a huge leap and efficiency this year and will only continue to grow as experience comes.

ambchang
05-06-2007, 06:02 PM
Trust me, the Raptors franchise player will be Bargnani. He makes stupid mistakes now and then, but he is a young Dirk with interior defense. I am not sure if he will ever develop post moves, but if he does, he would be dominant.
I know this sounds stupid now, the Bargnani will be an incredible, incredible player.

Kobulingam
05-06-2007, 10:37 PM
Trust me, the Raptors franchise player will be Bargnani. He makes stupid mistakes now and then, but he is a young Dirk with interior defense. I am not sure if he will ever develop post moves, but if he does, he would be dominant.
I know this sounds stupid now, the Bargnani will be an incredible, incredible player.

Young Dirk? Raptors better trade him away now.