PDA

View Full Version : The key to victory in every game against any opponent

GrandeDavid
05-06-2007, 11:35 AM
As long as Tim Duncan can start a fourth quarter with no more than 3 fouls, I like the Spurs' chances. I seriously think the key to this series against Phoenix will be Duncan's foul situation. Duncan is a time and again proven veteran playoff all word super stud. He's a three time playoffs MVP, has enough youth to still dominate any given night and plenty of veteran, championship experience.

We Spurs fans know that San Antonio can run with Phoenix if the opportunities present themselves, and we also know that the Spurs can put a defensive curtain on that team often.

And while we can break down X's and O's, I think it really comes down to something as simple as whether Tim will be able to wreak havoc in the 4th. Not the run up the score offensive type, but be able to set the key block, draw the pivotal charge, aggressively block shots with under 5 minutes left. Its all about Tim's foul situation.

callo1
05-06-2007, 12:43 PM
Score more points?

GrandeDavid
05-06-2007, 12:46 PM
Tim not getting in foul trouble. "Score more points" will be the end result, wise guy. :lol

Catharsis
05-06-2007, 12:49 PM
Actually, it might come down to Amare AND Timmy getting into foul trouble. When both are off the court it dramatically affects their respective teams. I doubt both will gaurd each other much on defense just to keep them out of foul trouble.

TDMVPDPOY
05-06-2007, 01:04 PM
Get Td Da Ball N Gtfo Get Ready To Reb Or Go Back To D

Spursfan101
05-06-2007, 01:33 PM
If we shoot a high percentage from the field,escpecially BEHIND THE ARC, we should cruise to a game one win...

exstatic
05-06-2007, 01:36 PM
Get

back

in

transition

defense

Everything else will take care of itself, but if we let them run, it won't matter if Tim enters the fourth Q with ZERO fouls.

TDMVPDPOY
05-06-2007, 01:39 PM
put the ball in the hoop? :D

duncan228
05-06-2007, 01:39 PM
Get

back

in

transition

defense

Everything else will take care of itself, but if we let them run, it won't matter if Tim enters the fourth Q with ZERO fouls.

I agree. The Spurs absolutely play best under the "from defense comes offense" rule.

Catharsis
05-06-2007, 01:55 PM
I understand why many of you want a defensive game. It's a strength of the Spurs and no doubt the catalyst of their championships. But I have to tell you how much fun the sport is when you get to watch a team like Phoenix play all the time. This team has been even more special than the previous two seasons since they are a better overall team. Sports should be fun and exciting. Not slow and deliberate--that seems to make it look less athletic. I hope the Spurs try to run. Not because I think the Suns will win that kind of serious, but because it will make the sport so much more fun to watch. The Suns have typically brought the best of out the Spurs because of that. Tony and Manu love speed and scoring.

I hope this thing doesn't get slow and boring.

GrandeDavid
05-06-2007, 03:42 PM
Duncan has no fouls at the half, so that's absolutely IDEAL!!! The Spurs really want to find a way to win this game. Damn.

ZStomp
05-06-2007, 04:11 PM
Score more points?

Ditto.

ShoogarBear
05-06-2007, 05:28 PM
Ditto.You guys sound like Suns fans.

The key is giving up fewer.

GrandeDavid
05-06-2007, 05:39 PM
As evidenced tonight, and respecting that there were many other contributing factors, Tim entered the stretch run free of foul trouble and came up with some good scores, a key late block, etc.