PDA

View Full Version : Nash's injury

Supergirl
05-06-2007, 06:12 PM
Dude's nose was nasty. It was turning purple and GUSHING.

What's the word? Is it broken?

BruceBowenFan
05-06-2007, 06:23 PM
i doubt it's broken just a deep cut

SALegacy
05-06-2007, 06:26 PM
He cut a small artery and there was no way to stop that bleeding without sewing up the wound. Those small band-aids were just not ever going to do the job. He probably is getting stitches right now.

dknights411
05-06-2007, 06:38 PM
It looks REALLY nasty here (If you're a bit queasy, watch out...)

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2007/0506/nba_a_bloodynash_412.jpg

JMarkJohns
05-06-2007, 06:52 PM
Nash doesn't turn the ball over that possession and this never happens.

Goddamn turnover :pctoss

leemajors
05-06-2007, 06:55 PM
parker was getting the beginnings of a goose egg on his forehead as well. i didn't see it good in live action, i thought tony got racked with the way he crumpled.

RonMexico
05-06-2007, 06:58 PM
He was out for those crucial seconds in the 4th

RonMexico
05-06-2007, 07:03 PM
Nash doesn't turn the ball over that possession and this never happens.

Goddamn turnover :pctoss

And if Magic Johnson didn't get HIV, that rule would never have been in effect.

Trainwreck2100
05-06-2007, 07:05 PM

Two words....Duct Tape

Agloco
He was out for those crucial seconds in the 4th

Suns couldn't get a stop........

I'm thinking Nash being out had nothing to do with that. He'll be just fine. As soon as I saw it, I knew he would have to sit for a while.

Unfortunate.

ponky
tough loss for the suns, fucked the way nash couldn't be in the game the last minute or so.

dg7md
05-06-2007, 07:08 PM

Not just for the mere HIV but many, nearly countless illnesses could be spread from blood.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-06-2007, 07:09 PM
tons of pressure on suns to take game 2

you could always sense the spurs were in control

we were hitting all the big shots when it mattered and outscored the suns in every quarter except for the 2nd.

i expect a really hard fought game 2

JMarkJohns
05-06-2007, 07:10 PM
Suns couldn't get a stop........

I'm thinking Nash being out had nothing to do with that. He'll be just fine. As soon as I saw it, I knew he would have to sit for a while.

Unfortunate.

With Nash out, the Suns were only in a position to get a "stop" once, and I believe Barbosa fouled them with 30-something seconds left.

They never played the Spurs for a stop. They tried to extend the game by making the Spurs make all their FTs, which they didn't, but without Nash, they couldn't muster up any offense (just two points in porlly five possessions) to get that tie or lead.

That's where Nash's absense was felt and why the Spurs pulled away. Not saying Suns win with Nash. They would have certainly had a better run of things at the end with him in, though...

ponky
05-06-2007, 07:12 PM
good game from both teams though, despite the loss for the suns, bof' teams played hard and with all the crappy lop-sided games, this was an entertaining game to watch...i wish i coul say the same for the bulls/pistons series. we were laughing when vaughn came back in after getting his 3rd foul, i guess that's how much pop doesn't want to play beno.

btw, even with nash out, amare should've made those baskets, he had three good looks in the paint

SAtown
05-06-2007, 07:14 PM
I say blame the doc. He couldn't do his job and stop the bleeding on several occasions. All he did was resort to the little bandaids they had.

ponky
05-06-2007, 07:15 PM
I say blame the doc. He couldn't do his job and stop the bleeding on several occasions. All he did was resort to the little bandaids they had.

lol, yeah, i was like WTF are those little things going to do? you'd think they would've just rapped the shit out of that area, stuffed it and wrapped it up so that it sealed everything but his nostrils

mFFL03
05-06-2007, 07:16 PM
mavs win game when b-diddy isn't in game

as is

spurs win game when steve nash isn't in game

or wait, how are those questions worded again?

Trainwreck2100
05-06-2007, 07:17 PM
They never played the Spurs for a stop.

Well maybe they should have.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-06-2007, 07:20 PM
Those band aids were like as effective as using smiley faced stickers to stop a leak in a raft! Definitely could have used a whole wad of gauze and medical tape or something.

JMarkJohns
05-06-2007, 07:21 PM
Well maybe they should have.

I don't think so. They had two or three possessions where they could have tied or taken a lead had they made a shot. The FT strategy was working. The Spurs made just 5-of-9 FTs. Had the Suns made one or two buckets, they'd have looked mighty smart. They didn't. In large part because of Nash being unable to play. Again, I don't do the woulda/coulda/shoulda game. San Antonio was in control and had the lead. Nash may not have even made a difference in anything but how many points they lose by. I'm just saying the comeback was made infininately harder by Nash's absense.

What they should have done defensively was keep Thomas on Duncan in the second half for as long as Thomas fouls allowed him to be.

I'm so sick to my stomach over the fact his night came largely in the second half when D'Antoni had his head up his ass with regards to how to "defend" Duncan.

SAtown
05-06-2007, 07:22 PM
lol, yeah, i was like WTF are those little things going to do? you'd think they would've just rapped the shit out of that area, stuffed it and wrapped it up so that it sealed everything but his nostrils

They should have laid him down and used ice to temporarily numb the nose area. Also, the doc was using a dry towel (after he'd put on the bandaid) to wipe the skin around the nose, which is a no no, cuz it could irritate and tear the already torn skin. It shouldn't have been that hard. He missed what, the last 2 minutes or so? Crucial mistake

jmard5
05-06-2007, 07:26 PM
Yup, the gash is pretty bad. The Suns' trainers were caught off guard with that kind of injury suffered by Nash...

D'Antoni was also, well, caught off-guard too. Instead of yapping at the officials while the trainers were checking Nash, he should have at least gathered his players for instructions.

TDMVPDPOY
05-06-2007, 07:28 PM
someone should tell him, thats not how u play defense

Shaolin-Style
05-06-2007, 07:44 PM
was d'antoni's fault. he should have called a to even if it was a crucial one. he weighed his priorities and didn't set nash as one of them to give the to so he could get him in the game. karma for whining like a bitch to the officials and never getting a T.

RonMexico
05-06-2007, 07:51 PM
Not just for the mere HIV but many, nearly countless illnesses could be spread from blood.

History lesson: rule came into effect post-Magic's press conference.

Purple & Gold
05-06-2007, 08:07 PM
:lmao Look at Ron over here with his Laker hate trying to blame this loss on Magic. You really don't have any scruples Ron. Classless just like your team. At least try to blame the refs or something. :lol :lol

mavsfan1000
05-06-2007, 08:15 PM
The refs made some crucial mistakes as well as Nash missing out in crucial possessions. Spurs are lucky to get this win.

Agloco
05-06-2007, 08:32 PM

Sure, and if the Earth was a bit smaller, Tim Duncan would appear more athletic.........

Should have, would have, could have.

Tony could just as easily been put out by that hit. Yeah its unfortunate, but thats the breaks.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-06-2007, 08:33 PM
The refs made some crucial mistakes as well as Nash missing out in crucial possessions. Spurs are lucky to get this win.

would you shut the fuck up

resistanze
05-06-2007, 08:36 PM
would you shut the fuck up
:lol
Mavsfan1000
Team: Phoenix Suns

Suns>Spurs
05-06-2007, 09:09 PM
the refs and Nash's nose gave the spurs a win.

Bibby_Gurl
05-06-2007, 09:47 PM
No Nash, means Suns are kind of shit. How long is he going to be out? If you look at it, the Suns can't carry the team to win the series without him. MVP right there.

shyne
05-06-2007, 09:49 PM
I'm pretty sure hes going to have to wear some kind of mask, if not somone is going to open that baby up again.

ponky
05-06-2007, 10:10 PM

lame, don't blame this on the officiating...i don't think that foul should've been called on amare when duncan hooked him for his third but neither should that third foul been called on bowen when amare moved on the screen and bumped him hard...there was nothing wrong with the officiating despite the occasional mistake

ponky
05-06-2007, 10:12 PM
No Nash, means Suns are kind of shit. How long is he going to be out? If you look at it, the Suns can't carry the team to win the series without him. MVP right there.

:wtf why would he be out? it's just a cut, nasty one, but nothing that would prevent him from playing

1SUNSFAN
05-06-2007, 10:21 PM

:clap agree 100% Spurs dodged a bullet. Next game is the Suns by 20 and The games in SA are going to be close.

LilMissSPURfect
05-06-2007, 10:26 PM
in the end SPURS got the WIN

ponky
05-06-2007, 10:29 PM
in the end SPURS got the WIN

oh humble one says to the suns fans

Supergirl
05-06-2007, 10:43 PM
Hahahaha - funny to hear people complaining about the refs because I saw the Suns get away with a lot of shit out there - particularly HOLDING onto the Spurs (Duncan, Horry, Parker) -- a couple times they called it but they got away with a lot of contact.

Suns had their chances. Spurs would have been up by a lot more if they made their FTs. Spurs didn't play great, and they still won. Suns should be worried.

But um, since this thread was started because of this question - any news on the Nash's status? What's the diagnosis?

RonMexico
05-06-2007, 10:56 PM
:lmao Look at Ron over here with his Laker hate trying to blame this loss on Magic. You really don't have any scruples Ron. Classless just like your team. At least try to blame the refs or something. :lol :lol

You and your cohorts on the board don't understand sarcasm when you see it.

Fact: The blood rule was implemented after everyone freaked out about Magic having HIV.

Fiction: Rule made the Suns lose today.

Sarcasm: a mixture of the two items above to make light of angering situation (Nash missing crucial time on the floor due to bleeding) in an important playoff series.

Reading at a 3rd grade level: Purple & Gold and everyone who thought I was actually serious that Magic Johnson's press conference from 16 years ago had a direct effect on the outcome of this game.

JMark was angry that Nash's turnover led to him getting bopped on the nose, so I made a tiny joke about the worst studio analyst of all time. I guess that translates to "Laker hate" in your tiny brain.

dallaskd
05-06-2007, 10:58 PM
Two words....Duct Tape

Bibby_Gurl
05-06-2007, 10:59 PM
Hahahaha - funny to hear people complaining about the refs because I saw the Suns get away with a lot of shit out there - particularly HOLDING onto the Spurs (Duncan, Horry, Parker) -- a couple times they called it but they got away with a lot of contact.

Suns had their chances. Spurs would have been up by a lot more if they made their FTs. Spurs didn't play great, and they still won. Suns should be worried.

But um, since this thread was started because of this question - any news on the Nash's status? What's the diagnosis?

Both teams should be worried. Their status is high, and, I still don't think the Spurs have won it all. I hope they do, but the Suns are dangerous.

traitoravery
05-06-2007, 11:04 PM
:clap agree 100% Spurs dodged a bullet. Next game is the Suns by 20 and The games in SA are going to be close.

You must be :smokin The Suns will never beat the Spurs by 20 idiot.

Purple & Gold
05-06-2007, 11:18 PM
You and your cohorts on the board don't understand sarcasm when you see it.

Fact: The blood rule was implemented after everyone freaked out about Magic having HIV.

Fiction: Rule made the Suns lose today.

Sarcasm: a mixture of the two items above to make light of angering situation (Nash missing crucial time on the floor due to bleeding) in an important playoff series.

Reading at a 3rd grade level: Purple & Gold and everyone who thought I was actually serious that Magic Johnson's press conference from 16 years ago had a direct effect on the outcome of this game.

JMark was angry that Nash's turnover led to him getting bopped on the nose, so I made a tiny joke about the worst studio analyst of all time. I guess that translates to "Laker hate" in your tiny brain.

:blah :blah :blah

Your sarcasm was overlooked because you're always a whiny douche. If you wanna be taken seriously stop crying like a bitch all the time.

And Ron everybody knows why the blood rule was implemented. Just another excuse for you to talk shit about Magic. Show some respect to Magic and the greatest Franchise ever. :smokin

RonMexico
05-06-2007, 11:25 PM
:blah :blah :blah

Your sarcasm was overlooked because you're always a whiny douche. If you wanna be taken seriously stop crying like a bitch all the time.

And Ron everybody knows why the blood rule was implemented. Just another excuse for you to talk shit about Magic. Show some respect to Magic and the greatest Franchise ever. :smokin

Likely Laker off-season moves:

Don't re-sign Smush Paker
Re-sign Luke Walton
Continue to "build around" Kwame and Bynum
Kobe's anger reaches new levels and all girls in Colorado are immediately placed on a statewide Lockdown.

Purple & Gold
05-06-2007, 11:30 PM
Likely Laker off-season moves:

Don't re-sign Smush Paker
Re-sign Luke Walton
Continue to "build around" Kwame and Bynum
Kobe's anger reaches new levels and all girls in Colorado are immediately placed on a statewide Lockdown.
And Ron comes back with the Kobe in Colorado take. I know you can do better then that. Try something a little more original.

BTW... How's the Diaw and Bank's signings working out for you? Do you guys blow up the team once you get bounced in the second round?

RonMexico
05-06-2007, 11:37 PM
At the rate Mitch is going, he'll probably take Banks in a trade for whoever we want from the Lakers... except Bynum - no way he'll give up the "center of the future" for a point guard.

Purple & Gold
05-06-2007, 11:44 PM
Let's hope those signings don't cause the end of your "Dynasty". I'd hate to see such a "successful" team get blown up before their time. :dramaquee

ponky
05-07-2007, 12:00 AM
Let's hope those signings don't cause the end of your "Dynasty". I'd hate to see such a "successful" team get blown up before their time. :dramaquee

ronmexico knows the score, i already told him, week and a half baby, joining me at the hole, don't forget the rod and reel, i got the worms!

Purple & Gold
05-07-2007, 12:08 AM

ronmexico knows the score, i already told him, week and a half baby, joining me at the hole, don't forget the rod and reel, i got the worms!
Yeah it's not looking good for Suns fans. Losing game 1 at home to the Spurs. I'm saying they're out in 5 games.

RonMexico
05-07-2007, 12:59 AM

Suns are doing better than your squad - and have been superior since 2004. If you're saying Mitch Kupchak has been doing a bang-up job building around Kobe, then you're probably the only one in America. Time to let Phil have more personnel decisions to get some cancers like Smush and Brian Cook out of there.

Purple & Gold
05-07-2007, 01:07 AM
Let me know once you guys actually win something. Enjoy another short postseason. :toast

Man of Steel
05-07-2007, 01:10 AM
Phoenix fans--

I think Thomas is a great player--what explanation from Coach D. why he limited his minutes in game 1.

Awful about Nash' nose--hope he's okay. The guy is all-heart and has guts.

RonMexico
05-07-2007, 01:24 AM
Phoenix fans--

I think Thomas is a great player--what explanation from Coach D. why he limited his minutes in game 1.

Awful about Nash' nose--hope he's okay. The guy is all-heart and has guts.

I addressed the Thomas situation in the Spurs board. Basically, I don't know why the minutes get limited, especially when the Spurs went big out there.

Sometimes it seems like D'Antoni only plays guys based on stats or offensive prowess (such as Diaw) rather than what having a big guy out there to waste fouls on a mediocre FT shooter (Duncan) can do... you'd think he would send him out there after the Suns gave up 4 offensive boards on that one possession. How many offensive boards off FT misses are they gonna give up before he puts KT in? And he might not be Diaw in terms of passing or ability to move off the dribble, but having a big body like him to crash the offensive glass, set picks, and then roll for a good mid-range jumper seems like a strong adjustment I would make.

Lp26
05-07-2007, 01:55 AM
I was watching the game w/ my mom. I turned it on very late 3rd quarter. I kept telling her the Spurs are going to win, and she was like no look it's close. She's not a Suns fan or a basketball fan for that matter, but for some reason she was rooting for the Suns. She said she liked Steve Nash :lol

I explained to her that the Spurs were usually pretty boring (sorry guys!), but that was b/c they're so predicticable. I told her it's usually TD bank/hook shot, a Parker shot, an Horry three (which ALL happened by the way ) :lol

I didn't see the questionable calls earlier, but thought the foul on Barbosa was bullshit.

Thomas being on Duncan looked like it would've helped. Nash getting hurt f'ed the game up, but i don't know if the Suns would've won even w/ him. They couldn't get any stops. w/ Nash, they might've been able to go to overtime though.

I forget when the next game is, but i'm going to try to catch the whole thing.

Suns>Spurs
05-07-2007, 01:58 AM
Let me know once you guys actually win something. Enjoy another short postseason. :toast

:cry laker fan :cry

WalterBenitez
05-07-2007, 05:29 AM
Speaking seriously, Is there any news about Steve's nose!? I mean how serious that cut was or is only bleeding?

jmard5
05-07-2007, 06:00 AM

OK, bring on the excuses... :lol

DarrinS
05-07-2007, 08:09 AM
My son had this exact same injury. Nash probably needs 5 or 6 stitches, but it's a pretty superficial injury.

BacktoBasics
05-07-2007, 09:40 AM
I'm not reading 3 pages but if it wasn't already mentioned it should have been.

There was no reason to not take him into the locker and stitch him up. All that shit on the bench was a total waste of time. 6 maybe 7 stitches at most. Fucking stupid.

Supergirl
05-07-2007, 11:44 AM
For those who care about the point of this thread, I found this link:
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA050707.07D.BKNspurs.notebook.366c21b.html

Seems that it bled so much because the cut was not on the bridge, but the fleshy part, and it was stitched up but not expected to cause further problems. Nothing broken.

MajorMike
05-07-2007, 11:48 AM

Scoreboard.

longrod
05-07-2007, 12:56 PM
Hopefully the Spurs don't accidentally knee or elbow Nash's nose in game 2.

WalterBenitez
05-07-2007, 04:25 PM
My son had this exact same injury. Nash probably needs 5 or 6 stitches, but it's a pretty superficial injury.

Thanks, and your kid was doing what?

WalterBenitez
05-07-2007, 04:27 PM
Hopefully the Spurs don't accidentally knee or elbow Nash's nose in game 2.
:eyebrows those accidents happens in 4q ... :D

RonMexico
05-07-2007, 08:02 PM
Scoreboard.

Faggot.

TampaDude
05-07-2007, 08:19 PM
Faggot.

Wow...that was such a well thought out and witty comeback...I bow to your awesome intellectual prowess... :rolleyes

Purple & Gold
05-07-2007, 09:42 PM
:cry The Suns are about to get bounced :cry
:smokin

RonMexico
05-07-2007, 11:31 PM
Wow...that was such a well thought out and witty comeback...I bow to your awesome intellectual prowess... :rolleyes

No - you don't understand the feud that has existed for months between CaptMike and myself. In fact, between CaptMike and any knowledgeable college sports fan.

Move out of the sticks, TampaDude.

lefty
05-08-2007, 12:26 AM
Nash's injury update

http://citron.blueboard.cz/obrazky/zombie-psp.jpg

TampaDude
05-08-2007, 12:39 AM
No - you don't understand the feud that has existed for months between CaptMike and myself. In fact, between CaptMike and any knowledgeable college sports fan.

Move out of the sticks, TampaDude.

I don't live in the sticks, and someone of your self-professed intellectual capacity can surely find a more erudite vocabulary to draw from than words like "faggot". I really don't give a shit how long this "feud" has been going on...you do yourself a huge disservice by using puerile terminology like that.

Unless, of course, it's all some big inside joke...in that case, neverfuckingmind...oh, BTW...scoreboard... :lmao

lefty
05-08-2007, 12:50 AM
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e288/leah0192/Michael-Jackson-nose-and-face-joban.jpg

TampaDude
05-08-2007, 12:52 AM
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e288/leah0192/Michael-Jackson-nose-and-face-joban.jpg

Heh...I was thinking of posting a Michael Jackson pic, but that would be grossly unfair...Michael Jackson is way better looking than Steve Nash... :lol

RonMexico
05-08-2007, 12:57 AM
I don't live in the sticks, and someone of your self-professed intellectual capacity can surely find a more erudite vocabulary to draw from than words like "faggot". I really don't give a shit how long this "feud" has been going on...you do yourself a huge disservice by using puerile terminology like that.

Unless, of course, it's all some big inside joke...in that case, neverfuckingmind...oh, BTW...scoreboard... :lmao

It is a huge inside joke. I only made the joke about the sticks because I had nothing else to say about Tampa.... don't go Gruden on me, now...